PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are still contenders next season

DMX7
06-06-2012, 10:37 PM
They don't even have to make too many changes, but at this point, I don't think I've ever cared less about the NBA. Refs may as well hand their whistles over to the Thunder fans and let them call the game.

Spurtacus
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
The bench cant be counted on. Lorbek or de Colo arent the answer. Spurs still need a big who can dominant both sides of the paint.

The_Worlds_finest
06-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Roy Hibbert? Might be out of the budget though.

TampaDude
06-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Roy Hibbert? Might be out of the budget though.

Hibbert is a beast...would love to see him as a Spur. :hat

ginobili fan
06-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Same old story...
before the Lakers, now OKC...
we're searching for the right matchup...

Spurtacus
06-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Pacers arent letting him go.

Richie
06-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Agreed we are contenders. Package Neal/Blair for a draft pick to try and find a big man and find a vet PG ala TJ Ford

Kidd K
06-06-2012, 11:18 PM
It's over dude. If the NBA was that blatant with screwing us when our team was this good, we have no chance next year or any year remotely close to now.

I guarantee the Spurs don't win a title until every "vet" player on the current Spurs is retired. The NBA is clearly not going to allow it.

AFBlue
06-06-2012, 11:19 PM
They need to get a real backup PG, but I agree.

TampaDude
06-06-2012, 11:21 PM
It's over dude. If the NBA was that blatant with screwing us when our team was this good, we have no chance next year or any year remotely close to now.

I guarantee the Spurs don't win a title until every "vet" player on the current Spurs is retired. The NBA is clearly not going to allow it.

If you really believe the NBA is truly rigged, then why do you even bother watching? If the NBA is rigged, then ALL NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE MEANINGLESS! It's like Ric Flair being a "14-time champion"...it's just bullshit. :lol

TwelveGs210
06-06-2012, 11:31 PM
If you really believe the NBA is truly rigged, then why do you even bother watching? If the NBA is rigged, then ALL NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE MEANINGLESS! It's like Ric Flair being a "14-time champion"...it's just bullshit. :lol

Hey TampaDude, you don't think that its strange that..

1. NBA overules the Paul to the Lakers trade in what would be an NBA first IIRC

2. The Hornets win the #1 despite Bobcats being overwhelming favorites to win the lottery?

3. You mention wrestling..fucking "professional" wrestling..

Kidd K
06-06-2012, 11:37 PM

I already said in another thread that I won't be anymore after this season, so there's no reason to ask why I "still watch", since I no longer will be. And it won't matter to me either, there are plenty of other non rigged sports out there that I already watch and enjoy. So I'm missing nothing.

And wrong, you're using terrible logical fallacies to support your broken ass argument. Just because someone says ONE thing is rigged doesn't mean he's saying every single call, game, series, season, and championship is rigged. So to act like that's what people are saying is just a weak way to escape confronting life.

Ric Flair being champ, tbh, was all scripted. So technically all of his titles were "rigged" by definition. I'm not saying the NBA is always rigged, but it clearly was tonight. Hopefully your malfunctioning brain can now comprehend that "one" does not = "all" when somebody speaks.

TampaDude
06-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Hey TampaDude, you don't think that its strange that..

1. NBA overules the Paul to the Lakers trade in what would be an NBA first IIRC

2. The Hornets win the #1 despite Bobcats being overwhelming favorites to win the lottery?

3. You mention wrestling..fucking "professional" wrestling..

1. The NBA owned the Hornets at the time, so they were allowed to do that.

2. The Spurs were in the #3 spot in 1997 and still won the lottery and got Tim Duncan.

3. At least when I watch WWE (not so much anymore, WCW was better), I know it's just for fun.

GrandeDavid
06-06-2012, 11:40 PM
They don't even have to make too many changes, but at this point, I don't think I've ever cared less about the NBA. Refs may as well hand their whistles over to the Thunder fans and let them call the game.

I agree with everything you said.

TampaDude
06-06-2012, 11:43 PM
I already said in another thread that I won't be anymore after this season, so there's no reason to ask why I "still watch", since I no longer will be. And it won't matter to me either, there are plenty of other non rigged sports out there that I already watch and enjoy. So I'm missing nothing.

And wrong, you're using terrible logical fallacies to support your broken ass argument. Just because someone says ONE thing is rigged doesn't mean he's saying every single call, game, series, season, and championship is rigged. So to act like that's what people are saying is just a weak way to escape confronting life.

Ric Flair being champ, tbh, was all scripted. So technically all of his titles were "rigged" by definition. I'm not saying the NBA is always rigged, but it clearly was tonight. Hopefully your malfunctioning brain can now comprehend that "one" does not = "all" when somebody speaks.

Well, no shit, Sherlock...but if you think even one game is rigged, then you can't trust ANY of the outcomes being purely by the skill of the players. Heck, while we're at it, let's take away the Spurs' 2007 title because of the suspensions of Stoudemire and Diaw. :lol