PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless has our Back

SpursRock20
06-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Skip Bayless‏@RealSkipBayless
Refs have decided they'll make sure OKC going to Finals. One outrageously bad call after another. Ginobili robbed of 3-pt play, 3. Sickening

TheProfessor
06-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Skip just knows this will piss a lot of people off. But it's still appreciated :lol

Borat Sagyidev
06-06-2012, 10:50 PM
He'r right. One bad call here and there is fine, but this was an avalanche not seen since Kings-Lakers game 6

SpursRock20
Skip just knows this will piss a lot of people off. But it's still appreciated :lol

He does like to get people irked, but he knows his shit when it comes to the Spurs. He, like a lot of other fans of the NBA, knew what he saw.

sammy
Thanks Skip for calling it like it is! This game was officiated horribly and in favor of OKC! Shameful!

SpursRock20
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Is this the same guy that believes Tim Tebow is a viable NFL QB?

Did you honestly watch this game in the 4th quarter? I was watching it with an OKC fan and he could barely hold his smile in when I asked where was the foul on numerous occasions. He said and I quote, "Glad Stern likes the Thunder."

kaji157
06-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I think this time it is a more strong word that the refs sucked because Bayless is OKC born and raised.

Darius Bieber
06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure that out.

Spurminator
06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
sportsguy33
Happy for Durant, happy for Perk. Brooks came up after 1st 2 games. OKC deserved it. But NBA needs to break up the Crawford/Kennedy combo.

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2012, 10:59 PM
It was the Spurs who were suffering from stomach bugs, but it likely didn't help that Greg Willard, who's been about as impervious to the pressure exerted by home crowds as any elite official in the NBA, fell ill and missed this game. Willard's sick, Rodney Mott steps in for only his 2nd conference finals game, and seemed shaky all night.

I'm still puzzled by the league's belief that Bill Kennedy and Ed Malloy are among its very, very best officials.

TD 21
06-07-2012, 12:16 AM
He'r right. One bad call here and there is fine, but this was an avalanche not seen since Kings-Lakers game 6

I was thinking Spurs-Mavs '06 actually. I believe it was game four, in particular. Duncan, the then best player in the world, is called for his sixth foul for a Mav stepping on his foot. This with the game essentially in the balance in the final minute, no less.

But you may be right. This was an absolute disgrace. The Celtics can look forward to this the next two games. Stern's ego is so massive that he flat out doesn't care. And I guess, why should he? No matter what's said about the league, ratings continue to soar, so he probably doesn't give a shit. But still. The league looks like a joke when this happens.

TwelveGs210
06-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Thank you so much Bill Kennedy.

Yours Truly,

OKC

Keepin' it real
06-07-2012, 12:27 AM
But I'll bet when he brings it up on First Take tomorrow, he will get laughed at.

dg7md
06-07-2012, 12:28 AM
But I'll bet when he brings it up on First Take tomorrow, he will get laughed at.

"HAHAHA SPURS ARE OLD!!! THEY LOST THIS ALL ON THEIR OWN!!"

:sleep

DubMcDub
06-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Skip is rationalizing his "Tony Parker is so much better than Russell Westbrook" shtick he's been running all year. Who cares.

SA210
06-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Thanks to Skip. Fuck the NBA

Horse
06-07-2012, 12:32 AM
That is awesome thank god someone in the media said it.

TE
06-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Probably the only media member that will say anything relevant to the shit officiating witnessed in game six.

crc21209
06-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Skip Bayless is the only one with balls to call out the NBA and its refs. No one else on ESPN OR TNT brought it up. Why not? Because they don't want to take away from OKC's cinderella story BS...

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-07-2012, 01:38 AM
I appreciate someone in the media calling out the suspect officiating, but Skip probably has the least amount of credibility out of anyone of the major sports media. He's basically a clown and gets paid to perform as such. I'm still not sure if he has a sincere opinion.

ViceCity86
06-07-2012, 02:34 AM
It won't be big news,because it's the Spurs.Espn made a big fuss over Celtics getting jobbed in game 2,which even led Sportscenter the next day,because ESBN will protect all Boston teams and everything popular.

AussieFanKurt
06-07-2012, 02:57 AM
He's the ultimate unbias as his home town is OKC?

PublicOption
06-07-2012, 04:42 AM
Pikd-9qqQ1c

ManuSupraTurbo
06-07-2012, 04:47 AM
I love Skip Bayless. He actually a true Spurs fan who speaks the truth. I was pretty annoyed that none of the calls were going our way. I knew we had no hope to win that game.

Russo21
06-07-2012, 06:47 AM

Very true. That game was fucked. This was eerily similar.

Russo21
06-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Someone needs to murder stern

Old School 44
06-07-2012, 07:21 AM
The second half rally.

d1jNBzY3ZJY

thunderfan
06-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Couple of bad calls. As I've stated in another post, SA was gassed. Playing sloppy. Sloppy play opens itself up to foul calls, period. OKC was crisp and aggressive throughout and a few calls went their way. SA beat themselves, not the refs. HOwever, as with any aspect of life, there will always exist select individuals who love nothing more than to play the victim role. People are conspiring against them. Every wrongdoing by someone else is magnified 10 times in an attempt to create conspiracy theories and to create the illusion that their own shortcomings had nothing to do with a particular outcome. Always someone else's fault. OVERALL - the refs weren't a part of this series. SA wasn't going to win this series and it was all on them. They were just throttled by a much younger, faster, and hungrier squad.

temujin
06-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Couple of bad calls. As I've stated in another post, SA was gassed. Playing sloppy. Sloppy play opens itself up to foul calls, period. OKC was crisp and aggressive throughout and a few calls went their way. SA beat themselves, not the refs. HOwever, as with any aspect of life, there will always exist select individuals who love nothing more than to play the victim role. People are conspiring against them. Every wrongdoing by someone else is magnified 10 times in an attempt to create conspiracy theories and to create the illusion that their own shortcomings had nothing to do with a particular outcome. Always someone else's fault. OVERALL - the refs weren't a part of this series. SA wasn't going to win this series and it was all on them. They were just throttled by a much younger, faster, and hungrier squad.

:lmao

Jimcs50
06-07-2012, 07:40 AM
I had friends texting me who are Rockets fans and really did not care if SA won or not and they all told me that the Spurs were getting hosed over and over.

Even fans who do not have Spurs ties noticed that the game was called to get the Thunder into Finals for tv ratings.

Shame of Stern for ruining the integrity of my favorite sport.

sickening

Jimcs50
06-07-2012, 11:14 AM
That Tech foul on Jax was horrendous. Cheeks was screaming, pointing at Jax feet during Jackson's shot. Jackson was no where near out of bounds, but Cheeks was trying to make Jackson think about his feet and distract him during his open shot. Jackson hit the shot and just stared at Cheeks as if to say, "You can't distract me!"

Jackson was totally in the right here.

I re watched the second half this morning and I counted 4 calls that cost the Spurs 9 points, that were horrible calls.

Also the out of bounds call that was given to Thunder was wrong as well. So that was another 3 points.

The Spurs win that game if those bullshit calls are not made.

thispego
06-07-2012, 11:17 AM

how many times did the thunder overthrow the ball on the break to their teammates and turn it over? :lol both teams had sloppy moments down the stretch, the thunder had the benefit of the refs in their back pocket.

surely you can't be this stupid :lmao

Juggity
06-07-2012, 11:20 AM

Replace references to SA with the Kings. Replace all references to OKC with LA.

OKCfan is now Lakerfan circa 2002.

Budkin
06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Yes the Spurs missed shots in the second half and the Thunder made shots, but the fact is that the refs cost the Spurs points over and over again. Enough to give them the victory and send the series back to SA.

Knoxxx
06-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Saw this on You Tube, Legler and Bayless arguing extensively about the Manu charge on the Leonard made corner 3. Never got a good look at the Durant charge call w/Manu though they show a couple angles. Even Steven A. Smith, who could give a shit about the Spurs, admits the Leonard 3 should at least a non call. Bayless calls out Harden for the flop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du82gmEdWWo

Knoxxx
06-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Yes the Spurs missed shots in the second half and the Thunder made shots, but the fact is that the refs cost the Spurs points over and over again. Enough to give them the victory and send the series back to SA.

Well said!

SA210
06-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Saw this on You Tube, Legler and Bayless arguing extensively about the Manu charge on the Leonard made corner 3. Never got a good look at the Durant charge call w/Manu though they show a couple angles. Even Steven A. Smith, who could give a shit about the Spurs, admits the Leonard 3 should at least a non call. Bayless calls out Harden for the flop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du82gmEdWWo

God Bless Skip man, he's completely right, can't believe they never discussed the bullshit and1 they gave to Westbrook when Tony didn't even touch him, and the bs T they gave to Jackson. And it's a stupid argument for Stephen A or ANYONE to say the Spurs lost in the 3rd, that they blew their lead. Doesn't fucking change the fact that there were so many bogus calls. You let them play basketball. That's why you play 48 minutes, because ANYTHING can happen in the last quarter, regardless of blowing a lead in the 3rd or not. That's why there are 4 quarters, not 3. That's basketball, fucking morons.

Unfortunately what happened in the 4th, and in 3rd for some part was complete robbery.

FUCK THE NBA!

Du82gmEdWWo

GrandeDavid
06-08-2012, 08:53 PM
The Spurs were completely robbed of Game 6 by seemingly corrupt officiating. Tragic. And yet the Spurs have the class to move on and realizing that public complaining is a losing proposition. Of course for fans it's a little different! The NBA deserves serious criticism for that.

And who was that loser OKC assistant who talked junk during Jackson's three? Go Miami!

FromWayDowntown
06-08-2012, 09:23 PM
The Spurs were completely robbed of Game 6 by seemingly corrupt officiating. Tragic. And yet the Spurs have the class to move on and realizing that public complaining is a losing proposition. Of course for fans it's a little different! The NBA deserves serious criticism for that.

Be careful -- Thunderfan will be along shortly to call you a sore loser and other things.

And who was that loser OKC assistant who talked junk during Jackson's three? Go Miami!

Former Spur Mo Cheeks.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-08-2012, 10:02 PM
The sad part of this all. NO ONE CARES! No one will remember. The media hates the Spurs, no one mentioned the officiating. This was literally the only mainstream mention, and it's by Skip Bayless who is hated by all.
At least when it comes to the Lakers Kings, everyone remembers to this day. Same with the Heat Mavs. Nobody will ever forget those series. No one even saw a problem with the OKC SA officiating. San Antonio has a whopping market of 800,000 people. And not a lot of fans outside that. Everyone is on the OKC bandwagon and is in love with them. They are the hip young team of the NBA.
Sad day for the Spurs. Sometimes I just wish the organization would bitch, but they are too classy. Classy can be a double edged sword.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-08-2012, 10:06 PM
BTW, Stephen A. Smith has proposed the rule change to the NBA. 3 12 minute periods. The 4th doesn't matter. As games are decide through 3. Please disregard Tim Duncan's quote at the bottom of my post. Tim is wrong.

Budkin
06-08-2012, 11:18 PM
At least Rick Reilley got his wish.

ploto
06-08-2012, 11:48 PM
And who was that loser OKC assistant who talked junk during Jackson's three?

Seriously?? 15 years in the NBA, multiple All-Star and all-defensive appearances, a retired jersey, and 2 stretches as an NBA head coach

HI-FI
06-08-2012, 11:49 PM

yep, there was a stretch from 9:30 to 4:50 where the Thunder weren't making shit, yet still got 8 points from FTs. it's also during this time that Leonard's 3 was waived off.

Kidd K
06-08-2012, 11:54 PM

Bullshit.

Here are the statistical facts of the "ref run" everyone is talking about in game 6:

From 10:21 left in the 4th to 5:13 left (that's 5 minutes):

OKC got: 13 FTAs for them (I'd argue that 3 of the 7 were ticky tack brush contact, 2 of the 7 were phantom fouls, 1 was legit, 1 should've been a charge on an obvious push off), and 3 "offensive foul" turnover calls against SA, all 3 should've been blocking fouls against OKC.

SA got: FTAs for Jackson after Harden tackled him on a shot in the corner. That's it.

OKC also fouled the Spurs 4 seperate time, no calls, ball went off them out of bounds once and they got it back. So if we include those, that's an additional 5 no-calls that should've been called against OKC. Let's even say half of the fouls against them accidently were missed, that still leaves 2 more, so 3 additional favortism calls OKC got.

So let's review. 13 FTAs (7 calls, 2 phantom fouls, 1 should've been offensive and gone the other way, 3 brush contact calls, 1 legit), 3 charges against SA (all were blocking fouls against OKC imo as they were moving on all 3 calls and there was no push off on any of them), and 3 to 5 non calls on OKC violations.

That's 13-15 calls in OKC's favor, and 1 in SA's favor (on a hacking foul)

All in a barely 5 minute span in a close 4th quarter game.

That wasn't fixed? Fuck you son, get some glasses that don't have Thunder logos etched into the lenses.

And that bullshit wasn't the only time it happened either. They also got 8 FTAs in 4 straight possessions for an artificial comeback in game 2 as well, not to mention 8 of Ibaka's 10 goaltends weren't called that series, robbing the Spurs of 16 points. Let's also not forget the bullshit tech call against Jackson for glancing in the direction of the OKC bench, even though Perkins, Harden, and Westbrook had been glaring, yelling, taunting, and doing other celebratory bullshit all series with no reprisal from officiating. Yet Jackson isn't allowed to act excited over hitting a huge three without OKC getting even more undeserved free throws.

The series was clearly fixed in favor of OKC. It isn't about total FTAs, total fouls for each team, or any of that shit you might choose to bring up. It's about OKC getting 100% of the calls in close games unless the refs have no choice but to call an obvious blatant violation against OKC. OKC was allowed to do whatever they wanted with impunity in close games all series, goaltending, setting moving screens, pushing on rebounds, grabbing jerseys on screens, pushing off, carrying, etc, meanwhile SA barely got away with anything the entire series. The refs called the game properly AGAINST SA almost all series with the exception of close games where they gave OKC everything and some phantom whistles while OKC was allowed to get away with tons of shit with no fear of whistles at any point.

The fucked up thing is, this isn't the first time either. I have not seen OKC get screwed by officiating a single time in 3 seasons. Fans have been calling them the OKC Whistles or OKC Sterns for 3 years. This isn't even a new concept.

SA210
06-09-2012, 01:12 AM
I can't say it enough. Fuck Stern and his corrupt NBA!

silverblk mystix
06-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Bullshit.

Here are the statistical facts of the "ref run" everyone is talking about in game 6:

OKC got: 13 FTAs for them (I'd argue that 3 of the 7 were ticky tack brush contact, 2 of the 7 were phantom fouls, 1 was legit, 1 should've been a charge on an obvious push off), and 3 "offensive foul" turnover calls against SA, all 3 should've been blocking fouls against OKC.

SA got: FTAs for Jackson after Harden tackled him on a shot in the corner. That's it.

OKC also fouled the Spurs 4 seperate time, no calls, ball went off them out of bounds once and they got it back. So if we include those, that's an additional 5 no-calls that should've been called against OKC. Let's even say half of the fouls against them accidently were missed, that still leaves 2 more, so 3 additional favortism calls OKC got.

So let's review. 13 FTAs (7 calls, 2 phantom fouls, 1 should've been offensive and gone the other way, 3 brush contact calls, 1 legit), 3 charges against SA (all were blocking fouls against OKC imo as they were moving on all 3 calls and there was no push off on any of them), and 3 to 5 non calls on OKC violations.

That wasn't fixed? Fuck you son, get some glasses that don't have Thunder logos etched into the lenses.

And that bullshit wasn't the only time it happened either. They also got 8 FTAs in 4 straight possessions for an artificial comeback in game 2 as well, not to mention 8 of Ibaka's 10 goaltends weren't called that series, robbing the Spurs of 16 points. Let's also not forget the bullshit tech call against Jackson for glancing in the direction of the OKC bench, even though Perkins, Harden, and Westbrook had been glaring, yelling, taunting, and doing other celebratory bullshit all series with no reprisal from officiating. Yet Jackson isn't allowed to act excited over hitting a huge three without OKC getting even more undeserved free throws.

The series was clearly fixed in favor of OKC. It isn't about total FTAs, total fouls for each team, or any of that shit you might choose to bring up. It's about OKC getting 100% of the calls in close games unless the refs have no choice but to call an obvious blatant violation against OKC. OKC was allowed to do whatever they wanted with impunity in close games all series, goaltending, setting moving screens, pushing on rebounds, grabbing jerseys on screens, pushing off, carrying, etc, meanwhile SA barely got away with anything the entire series. The refs called the game properly AGAINST SA almost all series with the exception of close games where they gave OKC everything and some phantom whistles while OKC was allowed to get away with tons of shit with no fear of whistles at any point.

The fucked up thing is, this isn't the first time either. I have not seen OKC get screwed by officiating a single time in 3 seasons. Fans have been calling them the OKC Whistles or OKC Sterns for 3 years. This isn't even a new concept.

Excellent post.

Truth Bomb.

silverblk mystix
06-09-2012, 01:33 AM

I will be ready to bump this post when you get the same treatment against the Miami Cheat.

Same shit happened to the Mavs when the refs hosed the Spurs in their series but then when the Mavs faced D-Whistle all those calls went the opposite way.

Most of us here will relish this bump.

spurs10
06-09-2012, 01:52 AM
The Whislahoma Thunder....

venitian navigator
06-09-2012, 05:02 AM
I love the classy way to behave of Timvp, Kory and quite all the Spurs FO and organization...but I'm completely with you on that.
At a certain moment you can't be too much classy...you have to scream something!

Bullshit.

Horse
06-09-2012, 08:31 AM
It will only make a little impact but maybe enough to get noticed I say we all ban watching the finals. If okc beat us fair we would've watched, now I say we don't watch one minute. At this point who cares who wins anyway.

TampaDude
06-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Funny thing is, OKC is gonna get the same treatment the Spurs got in the Finals against Miami.

Heat in 6. Book it.

SA210
06-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Funny thing is, OKC is gonna get the same treatment the Spurs got in the Finals against Miami.

Heat in 6. Book it.

I hope Boston plays like Gods so that the refs can't stop them.

pjjrfan
06-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Im rooting for the Thunder, I got no problem with them going to the finals, but I do know that the got a lot of favorable calls I am curious to see if they still get those when they get to the finals.