PDA

View Full Version : Young Talent>Old Talent

$pursDynasty
06-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Our Spurs gave it their all, kept the starters in most of the game they just ran out of gas. Even going into this series I knew this BUT the reason I liked our chances was because of the basketball IQ of the Thunder particularly Russ Westbrick. This series was lost in game 3 because at that point the Thunder started playing as smart as the Spurs. If both teams are playing intelligently young talent beats old talent every time. The Spurs have young roll players the Thunder have young super stars there is a difference.

Juggity
06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I dunno son, Joey Crawford is like 60 years old.

Oldest star on the court, probably.

cd98
06-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Also we get mediocre talent to fill roles. It works as a stop gap but eventually you must reload.

kuato
06-06-2012, 10:58 PM
OKC is a better team, not just a younger team, they killed us with screens.

Roxsfan
06-06-2012, 11:00 PM
agree

$pursDynasty
06-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Miami is proving that point again right now in game 7 though I must say I am impressed how hard the Celtics fought after that drubbing they took in Boston in game 6.

cd98
06-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Young talent doesn't run out of gas when playing extended minutes. Celtics have a short bench bc of injuries. Their starters are gassed.

Same with Spurs big three except they played extended minutes bc bench wasn't trustworthy enough in an elimination game.

SenorSpur
06-09-2012, 10:18 PM
OKC is a better team, not just a younger team, they killed us with screens.

Agree. I get tired of hearing people simply proclaim that the only reason OKC beat the Spurs was simply because they were younger. As if they have a bunch of young players and no talent. Those guys are immensely talented. and they have a bright future - if they stay healthy and focused on team.

cd98
06-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Heat will get the calls in the finals. How will Thunder react?

therealtruth
06-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Our Spurs gave it their all, kept the starters in most of the game they just ran out of gas. Even going into this series I knew this BUT the reason I liked our chances was because of the basketball IQ of the Thunder particularly Russ Westbrick. This series was lost in game 3 because at that point the Thunder started playing as smart as the Spurs. If both teams are playing intelligently young talent beats old talent every time. The Spurs have young roll players the Thunder have young super stars there is a difference.

That's why it made no sense to minimize our depth. Pop should have been trying to inspire confidence in our bench instead of going away from it or destroying it by starting Manu. How did we become so old since games 1 and 2? The Thunder made adjustments and the Spurs didn't. Instead Pop lost confidence in our depth.