PDA

View Full Version : What, no threads giving props to Tony Parker?

MannyIsGod
06-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm shocked.

No really.

I am.

DontStopBelieving
06-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Fuck that choking faggot. He had 1 good quarter out of 16 when the spurs needed him the most, then choked like shit in the second half of an elimination game.

Will Hunting
06-06-2012, 10:56 PM
lookit fuckstick, that sissy cuckold doesn't deserve any props. He disappeared in the 2nd half.

DPG21920
06-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Stop trolling. TP played such a special first half. But when his team needed him, when things got tough, he didn't answer. He shrivled. That's not hating, Manny, I swear, it's just the truth.

ShoogarBear
Well, it's good to have at least some consistency in the world.

Brazil
I'm more shocked to not see threads giving props to Manu to be the only one to play with some balls tbh

Spurminator
Because he didn't repeat the first half performance and end up with 40 and 20, which is a totally reasonable expectation.

ShoogarBear
Stop trolling. TP played such a special first half. But when his team needed him, when things got tough, he didn't answer. He shrivled. That's not hating, Manny, I swear, it's just the truth.

Okay, but what did Manu do?

timvp
06-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Parker goes into a level above god-mode in the first half yet the Spurs couldn't shake the Thunder. That tells you how good OKC is.

T Park
:lol

Shocking this is met with hate and vitriol...

Parker balled his ass off.

Duncan manu Jackson

Just need a tad more help.

DieHardSpursFan1537
He needs to learn how to play ALL 4 QUARTERS. First half was exceptional, then he practically tanked the team and missed almost every basket til the final 2 minutes mark.

DMX7
Because he didn't repeat the first half performance and end up with 40 and 20, which is a totally reasonable expectation.

A 40 point point game when you're THE star now is not unreasonable.

Spurminator
06-06-2012, 10:59 PM
Tony Parker and Tim Duncan's play basically mirrored each other's. Strong first halves, ineffective in the third quarter with some questionable decisions but also more defensive focus on them, then some big shots in the fourth to keep the Spurs in the game.

noles1983
06-06-2012, 10:59 PM
ugh it funny that ppl will defend him saying he was gassed after his 1st half. Dude was a ghost in the 2nd. Unacceptable, wish we could trade his ass for rondo. That way can have a point guard that could play the whole game. But it's not like pop would allow that.

timvp
06-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I've lost all respect for DPG21920. I've never seen a more ill-timed meltdown in the Spurs forum.

Spurminator
A 40 point point game when you're THE star now is not unreasonable.

No reasonable person would criticize a star player for failing to score 40 points. That's just insane.

Spurminator
:lmao

Spurtacus
06-06-2012, 11:01 PM
First half up by 18 and he was ballin. Second half he went cold and the team collapsed.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-06-2012, 11:01 PM
shades of elimination game against mavericks in 09
Parker did his job points wise, but still didn't produce I'm crunch time

Cant_Be_Faded
06-06-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm not blaming Parker, it just sucks the team as a whole wasn't good enough

ginobili fan
uhhh.... he missed every possible jumpshots in the 2nd Half...
I won't say he was s*** but honestly he wasn't there when it mattered the most...
Same goes for Manu so disappointing... wtf...

Josepatches_
It wasn't a great second half. Not great series either. At least not the series you can expect from your MVP

But refs fuck the game tbh

MannyIsGod
06-06-2012, 11:07 PM

You can always count on ST for unreasonable Parker hate.

dg7md
06-06-2012, 11:10 PM
He cost us the game. Aside from some iffy calls down the stretch, Parker throwing up bricks was worse than anything Westbrook has forced up.

A mere minute left. Jax misses a three. Offensive rebound, toss to Parker, and he chucks up a three like he's some sort of dagger artist.

YOU CAN'T SHOOT THREES, PARKER.

I swear if they reset their offense an got a better look for Captain Jack, they would have made a three and kept it close until the end, but he chucks it up like he's a god damn star.

This is on him.

AFBlue
06-06-2012, 11:12 PM
I'll give TP his due. While he wasn't relentless every single minute, there was a monumental drop-off when he sat and Neal took the reigns. Neal was nothing short of god awful.

DPG21920

Nothing this game. You don't see me giving him props. No one is starting threads saying "praise Manu" for this game.

$pursDynasty
I love TP, he carried this team all season, got us the best record in the sport, when Timmy was resting, and Manu was injured he kept the Spurs looking like world beaters even with guys who weren't even good roll players on other teams. Tony made our others look like all stars and made RC look like a genius, even though they regressed in the Thunder season that just shows all the more how great Tony was/is.

DPG21920
06-06-2012, 11:15 PM
I've lost all respect for DPG21920. I've never seen a more ill-timed meltdown in the Spurs forum.

Cool, hope you lost respect for Shoog as well since he isn't proud of what they did this series.

I am not melting down; I am not at home screaming or yelling. I am giving my honest opinion of this series, which many people agree with.

I am not bashing. I am not giving them a 2% chance to win. It's not a meltdown to disagree with you. You feel sad they lost, but I disagree with your "proud" statement, just like Shoog and Bruno do too.

Please, did you lose respect for them because they seem to share a similar opinion to me.

ShoogarBear
Nothing this game. You don't see me giving him props. No one is starting threads saying "praise Manu" for this game.

The point is, if Manu and Tony had switched games, everyone would have been praising Manu for carrying the Spurs in the first half but "he tired carrying the load", or some BS, and there would be about 15 threads trashing Tony.

Spurminator

But we do see you criticizing Parker for only playing 24 elite minutes of basketball even though Manu played none.

MannyIsGod
He cost us the game.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

OZWIN
06-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Okay, but what did Manu do?Better question...why was he finally put into the game with two minutes left? He should have been put into the game much earlier than that.

MannyIsGod
He cost us the game. Aside from some iffy calls down the stretch, Parker throwing up bricks was worse than anything Westbrook has forced up.

A mere minute left. Jax misses a three. Offensive rebound, toss to Parker, and he chucks up a three like he's some sort of dagger artist.

YOU CAN'T SHOOT THREES, PARKER.

I swear if they reset their offense an got a better look for Captain Jack, they would have made a three and kept it close until the end, but he chucks it up like he's a god damn star.

This is on him.

:lmao x 3209483498309483094803984390849038404983490834

DPG21920
shades of elimination game against mavericks in 09
Parker did his job points wise, but still didn't produce I'm crunch time

Thats what I don't get about Timvp taking shots at me. I am not hating on Parker. It's not a sin to say Parker didn't deliver when things got tough. That doesn't take away from me gushing over him in the first half.

But, this is high level sports. You have to do whatever it takes to win. It wasn't like Parker went God mode in the 2nd half and it wasn't enough. He really struggled. Badly.

I doesn't mean I hate him :lol, I just think that is a pretty obvious assessment.

100%duncan
He played great the first half but he wilted when we needed him. I'm really sad for TP for receiving all the hate but he was the leader of his team and he didn't succeed. I hope he can redeem himself in the olympics.

T Park
06-06-2012, 11:17 PM
:lol if I was Parker and saw this thread, I'd shake my head and say fuck these people...

ginobili fan
06-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Objectively I don't understand why someone as talented than him, didn't go agressive and penetrate start of the 3rd.
He didn't take his responsablity in the 2nd Half sorry for that.
It's obvious it starts with Parker then the rest does...
This was the game plan this is what they did in the 1st H.
oh sh** whatever f*** the refs.

LakerLanny
06-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Better question...why was he finally put into the game with two minutes left? He should have been put into the game much earlier than that.

Neal was a lot worse than Parker tonight, he let Fisher open late and it wasn't cool.

DPG21920
The point is, if Manu and Tony had switched games, everyone would have been praising Manu for carrying the Spurs in the first half but "he tired carrying the load", or some BS, and there would be about 15 threads trashing Tony.

Don't lump me in with that. Ask Manny, I am one of the biggest TP supporters on here. Still am. He played amazing in the first half, but we saw that wasn't enough. Spurs needed an extra level in the 2nd half and he struggled very much. I am not ok with that, but I don't hate him or bash him.

Manu was phenomenal last game where TP was a no show somewhat. All the way until the end. That is just how sports are when you are the best player/mvp candidate. What you do in the first half matters, but it's the fourth quarter that is judged.

dg7md
:lmao x 3209483498309483094803984390849038404983490834

You seriously didn't see about 5 times tonight he took TERRIBLE off-dribble shots?! He had a terrible shot selection in moments that we needed some easy buckets.

I scoffed at every mid-range jumper he took, and his numerous threes. He showed balls to take shots, but they were terrible.

Classic Tony Parker. Sick of him. Remember when Speedy Claxton bailed us out? Too bad Neal wasn't able to deliver that type of play in the end.

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2012, 11:19 PM
calling out westbrick and nowhere to be seen...

DPG21920
06-06-2012, 11:21 PM
But we do see you criticizing Parker for only playing 24 elite minutes of basketball even though Manu played none.

He is the teams best player. He gets all the credit for their successes. He gets blamed for the failures. That is fair in my book. He didn't get it done when things got tough. People remember 2nd halfs, not first halfs (although those are important). But great players, like TP is, has to do more than his fair share sometimes.

I am not saying he has to go God mode in the 2nd half. But he really didn't play well. He struggled.

DontStopBelieving
06-06-2012, 11:22 PM
That 3 he took with 40 seconds left made me scream at the top of my lungs. That was the game..

ElNono
06-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Team leader choking again... I asked the last game if he could play a 48 min game... the answer is still a resounding NO. 8 pts, 2 ast in the entire second half. 27 shots to score 29 points.

He gets props for his first half, but when it comes to leadership, the Spurs should start looking somewhere else.

MannyIsGod
06-06-2012, 11:39 PM

Yeah they should look to Manu, right El Nono?

SpurOutofTownFan
06-06-2012, 11:40 PM

why am i not surprised

SpurOutofTownFan
06-06-2012, 11:41 PM
let me put it this way: Parker CHOKED this series - this is his team, not manus, not duncans anymore.

Let me say this again: HE CHOKED

FkLA
06-06-2012, 11:46 PM

Thats kinda of what happens when one of them is 34 yrs old and has a history of coming up big in big games and the other is a 30 yr old supposed best PG in the NBA+top MVP candidate who has a history of doing the opposite.

kaji157
06-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Truth is, itīs very difficult for players like Duncan or Ginobili to have great games when you have a guy that takes 27 shots to make 29 points.
And he CHOKED clearly when it counted, not because he missed shots, because in the first half he took it to the rim, and in the second he settled for jump shots, taking everyone out of rythm. It took him 20 minutes to relise that if he penetrates he almost always scores. He penetrated teh last 2 mins and got 4 points, a leader should know better.
When Duncan led us, and when Ginobili led us we could count on them to perform when the team had no answer, Parker dissapeared in those key moments.

SanAntonioSpurs23
06-06-2012, 11:47 PM

This

ElNono
06-06-2012, 11:48 PM

Yeah they should look to Manu, right El Nono?

Manu isn't in the "MVP conversation" or is the "team leader"... heck he is old and on the decline... apparently, it wasn't Sefolosha giving Tony trouble, as seen in the 1st half...

MR-Clutch
06-06-2012, 11:50 PM
I don't think we can win a championship built around tp. Love the guy but he's not a superstar and disappeared this game the same way he did against Memphis.. As we saw and I hate to admit it, you need stars to win. Not sure what we do, but unless Leonard or tiago becomes and allstar next season then I think this may be as far as we get. Every team just saw how to shut us dOwn. We need a defensive presence down low too.

dg7md
06-06-2012, 11:51 PM
I want to support Tony and trust him leading our team, but this series proved to me he just isn't a good team leader. I don't get why people get on people for criticizing Parker. I care about the TEAM not individual players. Parker was instrumental in our loss tonight whether people want to believe it or not.

MannyIsGod
06-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Spurs fans are unreal. When Tony is gone, I hope you guys enjoy the next Nigel Knight that gets to run this team.

Spurminator
06-06-2012, 11:57 PM
I care about the TEAM not individual players. Parker was instrumental in our loss tonight whether people want to believe it or not.

That makes absolutely no sense. You are blaming an individual.

DPG21920
06-06-2012, 11:57 PM
I really hope that's not directed at me. That would be a gross overreaction to my evaluation of one game.

FkLA
06-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Spurs fans are unreal. When Tony is gone, I hope you guys enjoy the next Nigel Knight that gets to run this team.

Nobody is saying Parker is terrible or that the Spurs would be better off without him, retard. Were saying hes had a tendency to shrivel up in big moments, he did that again today despite his spectacular first half. He did that the past three games too. Last year against Memphis, 03' Finals, 04' vs LA, etc. Prime TD and Manu rarely did that and when they did usually came back and redeemed themselves.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 12:00 AM
I wouldn't say he has a tendancy to shrivel in big moments. At all. Tonight, I felt he struggled mightly in the second half when the team needed him despite being so hot in the first. He wasn't the only one. But he's the teams best player.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Nobody is saying Parker is terrible or that the Spurs would be better off without him, retard. Were saying hes had a tendency to shrivel up in big moments, he did that again today despite his spectacular first half. He did that the past three games too. Last year against Memphis, 03' Finals, 04' vs LA, etc. Prime TD and Manu rarely did that and when they did usually came back and redeemed themselves.

Apparently the guy calling me a retard can't read. People ARE saying that.

FkLA
Big moments against big physical teams would be a better way to put it. Hes been fairly consistent in big moments against the Cavs, Suns, and similar teams over the years. But has struggled significantly more against tougher minded teams.

dg7md
That makes absolutely no sense. You are blaming an individual.

Not entirely his fault. I don't mean that. Execution was flawed a lot down the stretch of the game but Parker is the PG and sets the game's flow. He should have done a better job of keeping stuff together and thus had the team execute better overall

I like Parker... but I have seen too many amateur mistakes from him so late in his career.

FkLA
06-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Apparently the guy calling me a retard can't read. People ARE saying that.

Link? All I see is people criticizing Parker and deservedly so.

ElNono
06-07-2012, 12:05 AM
tbh, I'm not even hating on Tony. Maybe Spurs fans are spoiled because when guys like TD or Manu were on their primes, you could toss the ball at them and they would deliver almost every time. Especially on big games.

Tony just isn't that kind of guy. Call if "franchise", "leader" or whatever. I was just agreeing with Brazil on this, who happens to be one of the biggest TP homers.

ducks
06-07-2012, 12:05 AM
retire duncan
trade manu for picks
trade parker for young young point guard start over
win 15 games maybe next year
then people will respect tp

tp to pacers would make them legit title defenders

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Link? All I see is people criticizing Parker and deservedly so.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199376

It was all the way 3 threads down on the front page. I can understand why you missed it while calling me the retard.

:tu

ElNono
06-07-2012, 12:08 AM
come on Manny, that's a retarded thread... you seem upset at the criticism in this thread...

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:09 AM
tbh, I'm not even hating on Tony. Maybe Spurs fans are spoiled because when guys like TD or Manu were on their primes, you could toss the ball at them and they would deliver almost every time. Especially on big games.

Tony just isn't that kind of guy. Call if "franchise", "leader" or whatever. I was just agreeing with Brazil on this, who happens to be one of the biggest TP homers.

Maybe Spurs fans are spoiled? MAYBE?!??!?!?

You never stop to think that TD and Manu had slightly more talent - including a TP that was just as good as he is now - to help carry that load? Instead, when Tony can't do it with Manu and Tim that are shadows of themselves he gets all this shit.

Tony has not gotten better than he was in 2005. He's just had to carry more of the load.

FkLA
06-07-2012, 12:11 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199376

It was all the way 3 threads down on the front page. I can understand why you missed it while calling me the retard.

So because some retard makes a stupid thread, those of us in this thread criticizing Tony are ungrateful and ridiculous haters ?

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:11 AM
come on Manny, that's a retarded thread... you seem upset at the criticism in this thread...

Its not just this thread. This shit has gone on since 2003. This is a decade of Parker being the whipping boy on this team and he can't even get a single thread of praise when he has an MVP caliber season and leads his team to the WCF and then has a hell of a game 6.

No, he couldn't do it all. That part is obviously true. But stupid fucks in here saying he cost them the game or that he choked. Go back to the game log. Who was that scoring down the stretch in the fourth and keeping the Spurs in striking distance?

Yeah, the choker.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:12 AM
So because some retard makes a stupid thread, those of us in this thread criticizing Tony are ungrateful and ridiculous haters ?

Don't back pedal now with your goal posts in tow, fuck face.

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2012, 12:12 AM

You never stop to think that TD and Manu had slightly more talent - including a TP that was just as good as he is now - to help carry that load? Instead, when Tony can't do it with Manu and Tim that are shadows of themselves he gets all this shit.

Tony has not gotten better than he was in 2005. He's just had to carry more of the load.

not spoiled, coming close but not close enough cause of some CONSTANT VARIABLE

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Not entirely his fault. I don't mean that. Execution was flawed a lot down the stretch of the game but Parker is the PG and sets the game's flow. He should have done a better job of keeping stuff together and thus had the team execute better overall

I like Parker... but I have seen too many amateur mistakes from him so late in his career.

He should have made Tim Duncan not hesitate on the 4 or so open FT line jumpers he set him up on to start the 3rd, TBH. If the passes had come from a real point guard Duncan would have gone up and shot them and rainbows and ponys would have rained down from the rafters. Chocolate too.

Monostradamus
06-07-2012, 12:14 AM
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/06/47/04/1732914/0/628x471.jpg

z0sa
TP played fantastic but unfortunately, his second half was only average. The other guys should have been able to step up but whistle after whistle combined with the world's smallest pro lineup stopped any chance of the Spurs maintaining momentum.

clambake

manny, don't play with kids. don't embrace their child behavior.

ElNono
06-07-2012, 12:17 AM

So you agree that the Tony Parker "team leader"/"franchise" player is a flawed proposition. Then the question is, where do the Spurs go from here? Obviously, building around a guy like Tony isn't a sound plan. Yet the Spurs aren't bad enough where they can land a franchise guy on the lottery.

FkLA

I dont need to backpedal. When I said people werent saying Parker was terrible or that the Spurs would be better off w/o him I was referring to posts in this thread dumbass. Obviously if you look hard enough youll find a couple of retards making ridiculous threads. Just so you know though your lack of criticism towards Parker is almost as bad as that guys over the top criticism.

The fact that hes been the 'whipping boy' for a decade doesnt give him the free pass that you seem to give him. Hes been that whipping boy for a reason too, prime TD and Manu rarely faded in big games the way Tony has just in the past two seasons alone.

kaji157

Im going to put it this way, Ginobili is a lot more than a shadow, and if he is, then Parker should have played at least as good as Ginobili did in game 5, because THAT IS WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM YOUR BEST PLAYER WHEN HE GOT 20 POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF.
Ginobili understood the game was on him during game 5 and delivered untill the last 3 pointer, Parker played 2 quarters.

ElNono
06-07-2012, 12:20 AM
No, he couldn't do it all. That part is obviously true. But stupid fucks in here saying he cost them the game or that he choked. Go back to the game log. Who was that scoring down the stretch in the fourth and keeping the Spurs in striking distance?

Yeah, the choker.

I'm going to the Game Log, and dude was 2-8 with 2 assists until very late in the 4th, when the Thunder already have come all the way back. I'm not taking anything away from what he did in the 1st half. That was majestic. But he went MIA in the second. It's not like we didn't go to him, which is what teams do. OKC went to Durant and delivered. We went to Tony and he didn't.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:20 AM
I dont need to backpedal. When I said people werent saying Parker was terrible or that the Spurs would be better off w/o him I was referring to posts in this thread dumbass. Obviously if you look hard enough youll find a couple of retards making ridiculous threads. Just so you know though your lack of criticism towards Parker is almost as bad as that guys over the top criticism.

The fact that hes been the 'whipping boy' for a decade doesnt give him the free pass that you seem to give him. Hes been that whipping boy for a reason too, prime TD and Manu rarely faded in big games the way Tony has just in the past two seasons.

Enjoy the next Sleepy Floyd that gets to run this team.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm going to the Game Log, and dude was 2-8 with 2 assists until very late in the 4th, when the Thunder already have come all the way back. I'm not taking anything away from what he did in the 1st half. That was majestic. But he went MIA in the second. It's not like we didn't go to him, which is what teams do. OKC went to Durant and delivered. We went to Tony and he didn't.

Yeah - he was out there on an open court. Its not like OKC tried to change things. We should go out and trade Parker for a guy who can give us more than 29-12 in an elimination game.

Any ideas on who that is?

clambake
06-07-2012, 12:23 AM
manny? wtf

ElNono
06-07-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah - he was out there on an open court. Its not like OKC tried to change things. We should go out and trade Parker for a guy who can give us more than 29-12 in an elimination game.

Any ideas on who that is?

29 on 27 shots? 4 assists on the entire half?

FkLA
06-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Parker is better than Sleepy Floyd, so spurfan should not criticize Parker. Got you. :tu

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:24 AM
So you agree that the Tony Parker "team leader"/"franchise" player is a flawed proposition. Then the question is, where do the Spurs go from here? Obviously, building around a guy like Tony isn't a sound plan. Yet the Spurs aren't bad enough where they can land a franchise guy on the lottery.

Um, of course? The only reason the team succeed so well with that is because of players like Danny Green playing as well as he did. When that stopped happening, it became a hell of a lot easier to stop Tony Parker. The Spurs didn't build around Tony Parker. They built around the big 3 and when the big 3 weren't so big anymore they retooled on the fly.

You guys don't know what rebuilding is, but I suspect we're a year or two from actually finding out. When that happens, I promise you that you'll be wishing for a guy with Tony Parker's talent.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:25 AM
29 on 27 shots? 4 assists on the entire half?

Yeah, next time he should make the shots for his teammates so get credit for the assists.

Tony had a hell of a game tonight. Its a god damn shame he didn't get more help.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Parker is better than Sleepy Floyd, so spurfan should not criticize Parker. Got you. :tu

Spursfan should not criticize Parker on a night when he has 29-12 with one turnover. In fact, they should give him props. You'll understand when the next Cory Alexander is drafted.

dg7md
06-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Stats do not tell the story. The overall second half from him was very spotty. That is when champions are made and Parker did not react well to the pressure.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Yeah, next time he should make the shots for his teammates so get credit for the assists.

Tony had a hell of a game tonight. Its a god damn shame he didn't get more help.

Manny, take away the first half (which I know, I know....), but just do that. How would you rate just TP's second half based on his abilities, team needs and the moment?

FkLA
06-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Spursfan should not criticize Parker on a night when he has 29-12 with one turnover. In fact, they should give him props. You'll understand when the next Cory Alexander is drafted.

People are giving him props for his spectacular first half. Where was he for most of the 2nd half when the Thunder made their run though ?

ElNono
06-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Um, of course? The only reason the team succeed so well with that is because of players like Danny Green playing as well as he did. When that stopped happening, it became a hell of a lot easier to stop Tony Parker. The Spurs didn't build around Tony Parker. They built around the big 3 and when the big 3 weren't so big anymore they retooled on the fly.

Danny Green barely played in the 1st half, yet OKC couldn't stop Tony. Jack was 6-6 from downtown at some point in the 2nd half and he was single-handedly keeping the Spurs in the game.

I just don't buy it.

You guys don't know what rebuilding is, but I suspect we're a year or two from actually finding out. When that happens, I promise you that you'll be wishing for a guy with Tony Parker's talent.

Not really. I will be wishing for a franchise guy. A guy like TD is probably unrealistic, but look at OKC. Durant isn't halfway bad.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 12:29 AM

Do you criticize Lebron? I am fairly certain you have. It comes because he puts up massive statlines, but if he doesn't deliver when the tough gets going in crucial moments, he's crucified.

This is the best player on the planet that puts up numbers way better than TP. It's how it is. You can't laude Parker (like he deserves) then shy away from the type of criticism that comes with the territory when it's deserved (which I agree, 90% of the time it's not with regards to TP)

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Manny, take away the first half (which I know, I know....), but just do that. How would you rate just TP's second half based on his abilities, team needs and the moment?

Loaded question. If you take away the first half, then OKC doesn't come out of the half with the goal of shutting him down. If you take away the first half, Tony has more gas in the tank.

That being said, I would have loved nothing better than to see a Tony Parker 2nd half that was better. He wasn't nearly as good as he could have been.

THAT being said, take away the first half and the Spurs aren't even within 10.

ElNono
06-07-2012, 12:30 AM

And the 1st part of my post? 27 shots for 29 points? You're ok with that?

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Do you criticize Lebron? I am fairly certain you have. It comes because he puts up massive statlines, but if he doesn't deliver when the tough gets going in crucial moments, he's crucified.

This is the best player on the planet that puts up numbers way better than TP. It's how it is. You can't laude Parker (like he deserves) then shy away from the type of criticism that comes with the territory when it's deserved (which I agree, 90% of the time it's not with regards to TP)

I'm pretty much never critical of Lebron as a player.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Danny Green barely played in the 1st half, yet OKC couldn't stop Tony. Jack was 6-6 from downtown at some point in the 2nd half and he was single-handedly keeping the Spurs in the game.

I just don't buy it.

Not really. I will be wishing for a franchise guy. A guy like TD is probably unrealistic, but look at OKC. Durant isn't halfway bad.

Good luck with that wishing. You're damn right that Spurfan is spoiled and that last sentence is a great example of it.

timvp
06-07-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm disappointed in ElNono. He paints himself as the playful Parker troller and claims everything is an anti-jinx attempt but in reality he really does just hate Parker and appears happy that the Spurs weren't able to win a championship with Parker as the best player.

This loss has exposed a lot tonight, tbh.

kaji157
06-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Loaded question. If you take away the first half, then OKC doesn't come out of the half with the goal of shutting him down. If you take away the first half, Tony has more gas in the tank.

That being said, I would have loved nothing better than to see a Tony Parker 2nd half that was better. He wasn't nearly as good as he could have been.

THAT being said, take away the first half and the Spurs aren't even within 10.

I donīt give you that, when you are a leader, when you realise and embrace you are the best player ina team you just have to be prepared to face a team trying to shut you down.
I donīt have to say this, but people always said "whoīs going to stop duncan?".
About Manu they always said, Itīs impposible to defend, he scores in so many ways (see game 5).
But from Parker that is not there, people just say, clog the paint, he wonīt pass he will take a jumpshoot.

timvp
06-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Literally no one said anything about Manu being 2-for-8 in the fourth quarter of Game 5 and everyone basically shrugged off his missed three-pointer that could have tied it. No one makes a big deal of him being mostly MIA tonight.

But Parker balls his heart out tonight and basically carried the offense for 90% of the game and might have been the best defensive player yet there are those trying to paint him as the person who lost the game. Amazing.

Ish is just mind-boggling dumb if it isn't part of some type of agenda (Manu love, trolling, etc.).

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Timvp throwing more haymakers than the Spurs in games 3-5 tbh...

dbreiden83080
06-07-2012, 12:47 AM
He played fine...

Still rode Duncan to 3 chips...

FkLA
06-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Literally no one said anything about Manu being 2-for-8 in the fourth quarter of Game 5 and everyone basically shrugged off his missed three-pointer that could have tied it. No one makes a big deal of him being mostly MIA tonight.

But Parker balls his heart out tonight and basically carried the offense for 90% of the game and might have been the best defensive player yet there are those trying to paint him as the person who lost the game. Amazing.

Ish is just mind-boggling dumb if it isn't part of some type of agenda (Manu love, trolling, etc.).

Saying he didnt deliver when the Thunder made their run and the Spurs needed him=blaming the loss on him ??

The previous three games are a different story.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:51 AM

kaji157
I'm disappointed in ElNono. He paints himself as the playful Parker troller and claims everything is an anti-jinx attempt but in reality he really does just hate Parker and appears happy that the Spurs weren't able to win a championship with Parker as the best player.

I will be very clear on this, i think Parker took a lot of bad shots in the second half, he was 9 of 14 in the first and finished 12 of 27, thatīs 3 of 13.
and i am not even calling him for this, because if you are a point guard and see the defense concentrating on you the logic states that you should be more of a facilitator, which he wasnīt, but the fact that in the first half many of his shots were lyups, while in the second half he settled for jumpers, actually, that 3 of 13 is only because untill the end of the game he realised that he could still do the same thing, penetrate and score.
THAT is what i feel about Parkerīs game. he was not smart, he didnīt lead the team the best way possible.

timvp
Saying he didnt deliver when the Thunder made their run and the Spurs needed him=blaming the loss on him ??

Um, yeah. Do you need a definition of the word Blame?

ElNono
Good luck with that wishing. You're damn right that Spurfan is spoiled and that last sentence is a great example of it.

But it isn't. If I'm going to wish, I'm going to wish for the moon. We might end up with a bust like Oden, who knows? If we're effectively tanking and going for the lotto, then why would I want a guy like Tony that isn't a true franchise guy? (which you already admitted).

:lol this is BS, tbh... I'm actually in agreement with Brazil for once, and Manny himself already admitted Tony isn't a leader/franchise guy. And that is indeed my main criticism towards him, and the reason I was on the fence when calling the Spurs contenders.

I hate that the Spurs lost, but I realistically think they overachieved this season. To be frank, when we traded Jefferson and brought back Jack, my season was already on the positive side. The rest was gravy, and it was a great season. I pointed this out on the NBA Forum too, btw.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:52 AM
He played fine...

Still rode Duncan to 3 chips...

Rode is kinda harsh. He definitely played a big part in those rings. He was definitely the 3rd best player on 2 of them, though and there's no shame in that.

timvp
06-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I will be very clear on this, i think Parker took a lot of bad shots in the second halfHe took the same got damn shots. What game are you watching?

dg7md
06-07-2012, 12:53 AM
I claimed I blamed the loss on him for his very poor shot selection late in the game. Being the PG of the team, he should have better shots and know to penetrate or pass more, not take crazy ass shots.

People claimed Bonner killed game 3/the series with his substitution and how he killed the momentum we had, so saying the same about Parker shouldn't be looked at as impossible to believe.

Parker is a baller most of the time, but this series, against a legitimate team, he buckled under pressure and did not perform the way he should have.

Yeah, he was fine against lesser teams, but to make it out alive now in the west, you need to be able to react to pressure. Parker, to me, is just not a clutch player.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:53 AM
But it isn't. If I'm going to wish, I'm going to wish for the moon. We might end up with a bust like Oden, who knows? If we're effectively tanking and going for the lotto, then why would I want a guy like Tony that isn't a true franchise guy? (which you already admitted).

Let me know how well that franchise guy does without a guy like Tony. Spurs fans who came around before 2003 know this because we watched David Robinson in the 90s.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 12:54 AM
Who normally gets "blamed" for losses? The teams best player. This isn't anything new despite being emotional about a tough loss. Is TP the "reason" they lost? No. Is he a big part of the reason they did not win? Yes.

timvp
06-07-2012, 12:54 AM
:lol this is BS, tbh... I'm actually in agreement with Brazil for once, and Manny himself already admitted Tony isn't a leader/franchise guy. And that is indeed my main criticism towards him, and the reason I was on the fence when calling the Spurs contenders.
:lol calling bs and then changing the topic

ElNono
06-07-2012, 12:55 AM

When the team was Manu's team, he got criticized up and down, including the perennial "we should trade his ass now". He also *delivered* in 2005. No shriveling, no BS.

He's old and past his prime now. He will have some great nights, and some not so much. But this isn't his team. This is Tony's team now, and he should rightfully take the blunt of the criticism.

DPG21920
Let me know how well that franchise guy does without a guy like Tony. Spurs fans who came around before 2003 know this because we watched David Robinson in the 90s.

I get what you are saying. Tony is a special player and rebuilding will suck ass. But you are getting to the point that you are acting like TP is so special that he is not able to be replaced even in the event of the Spurs landing a Tim Duncan type player?

timvp
Newsflash: Tony Parker isn't as good as Kevin Durant.

Let's crucify him.

FkLA
06-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Um, yeah. Do you need a definition of the word Blame?

He was the main reason why they built the lead so personally I dont put this loss on him. Im criticizing him for not coming up big when the Spurs most needed him during the 2nd half. Over the past four games I can probably count on one hand the amount of good quarters Tony had...Id say that definitely deserves some criticism.

kaji157
06-07-2012, 12:56 AM

Ginobili had a better game 5 than Parkerīs game 6 even saying what you are saying, Manu played bad this game but clearly he was out of flow and energy.
I am not going tot alk about Manuīs game 5 now, the guy scored 34 points on 21 shots.

You seem not following the discussion, people hated on parker when manu was the main cog, but Ginobili overcame awfull tony parker series when he was the main guy on offense, in this series, both Ginobili and Duncan played better than Parker overall given their respective ages.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 12:57 AM
I am disappointed in anyone who says TP is the teams best player but doesn't deserve any criticism for have a below average second half when the team was struggling.

dbreiden83080
Rode is kinda harsh. He definitely played a big part in those rings. He was definitely the 3rd best player on 2 of them, though and there's no shame in that.

He was awful in the finals in 03 and 05... 07 was the only finals he played well and it came against a mediocre team.. Yes he played well in the reg season and playoffs from time to time but better PG's have no chips.. Tony has 3 thanks to Tim.. He's had a good career just saying he has been lucky,,,

TDMVPDPOY

so which franchise guy ur talkin about if it isnt TP?

dg7md
06-07-2012, 12:58 AM
Those of us that are scolding Tony for his second half play are not calling him a bad player, but one that cannot deliver in crunch time. Thus where I said TP belongs on a team where he can be the star, not a championship contender team.

The Spurs team, as it is, could succeed with many point guards in the league; ones that are not superstars. Point guards that do not try to take over the game with unreliable shots they know they can't make, would be preferable.

ElNono
06-07-2012, 12:58 AM
:lol calling bs and then changing the topic

I changed the topic? :lol

We're talking Tony as the leader/best player. Saying I didn't want the Spurs to win is BS. Of course I did. I watched every freaking game, posted on every single game thread all season long.

I'm also realistic. This team had it's work cut out for them.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 12:59 AM
I get what you are saying. Tony is a special player and rebuilding will suck ass. But you are getting to the point that you are acting like TP is so special that he is not able to be replaced even in the event of the Spurs landing a Tim Duncan type player?

Oh he's able to replaced. Don't count on it though. How many point guards in the league right now are better than Tony? 4? 5?

Seriously, you should have seen the scrubs David Robinson always had. TP is really far more special than people here realize. He's the best PG the franchise has ever had. Don't count on another one being easy to come by.

timvp
When the team was Manu's team, he got criticized up and down, including the perennial "we should trade his ass now". He also *delivered* in 2005. No shriveling, no BS.

He's old and past his prime now. He will have some great nights, and some not so much. But this isn't his team. This is Tony's team now, and he should rightfully take the blunt of the criticism.

You're delusional if you think Ginobili would EVER get criticized after going for 29 and 12 on the road in a must-win. Yeah, Ginobili got criticized when he was injured or when he was outplayed by Sasha Vujacic the last time the Spurs were in the WCF but in the same circumstance, we'd all be bowing down to Ginobili's greatness and saying how the Thunder are lucky he ran out of gas or else Ginobili would have destroyed them single-handedly. And I'd be right there saying the same things.

Be real.

MannyIsGod
Those of us that are scolding Tony for his second half play are not calling him a bad player, but one that cannot deliver in crunch time.

The Spurs team, as it is, could succeed with many point guards in the league; ones that are not superstars. Point guards that do not try to take over the game with unreliable shots they know they can't make, would be preferable.

dbreiden83080

Let's crucify him.

No need to crucify but this series was a chance to elevate his legacy. Didn't happen he is still the same guy that needed Duncan to win his chips....

DontStopBelieving
06-07-2012, 01:00 AM

Manu fucking sucked. I think people are just giving him a pass for his godlike performance when the game was on the line in game 5.

Parker was amazing in the first quarter, don't get me wrong, but 29 points on 27 shots isn't that great. Were you not annoyed with Parker taking all of those long 2s during crunch time, when he is not even that great of a shooter? Were you not screaming at the TV when he took that 3 with 45 seconds left in the game down 4 with plenty of time on the shot clock?

Couple his shitty performance in crunch time with how terrible he was in games 3-5, and you get pissed off spurfan.

dg7md
06-07-2012, 01:00 AM
You're delusional if you think Ginobili would EVER get criticized after going for 29 and 12 on the road in a must-win. Yeah, Ginobili got criticized when he was injured or when he was outplayed by Sasha Vujacic the last time the Spurs were in the WCF

You just said it right there...

If Ginobili bricked the second half and only played well in the first, I can guarantee you many people would be saying trade Manu, which was a big topic here many years ago. Only real supporters would be the Argentine fans, IMO...

ElNono
06-07-2012, 01:01 AM

Let's crucify him.

Not crucify him, this is where it gets retarded. He's just not a leader. That shouldn't be a taken as a knock, tbh. Some players are, some players are not.

If you want to know who I want to crucify, that's Matt fucking Bonner.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:02 AM
I did see the scrubs Drob had. I agree TP is special. He has always been my favorite Spur (of the big 3). He is a top 5 PG in the league and I have been arguing that for years with the dbags in the NBA forum.

I'm not couting on anything, rebuilding will be brutual and I am resigned to the fact Spurs likely will never have another title in all reality. Perceptions and expectations (for me) will be adjusted then.

I'm just saying I don't get the context in this game and the criticisms from some (not all, because some of it is silly) and how that relates to a suck ass rebuild coming up.

FkLA
You guys are dumb if you think anyone is criticizing Parkers stat line. Its the 2nd half and the previous 3 games people have an issue with.

DPG21920
j

timvp
06-07-2012, 01:03 AM
No need to crucify but this series was a chance to elevate his legacy. Didn't happen he is still the same guy that needed Duncan to win his chips....

So Parker isn't as good as Prime Duncan or Current Durant. The travesty.

dbreiden83080
Manu fucking sucked. I think people are just giving him a pass for his godlike performance when the game was on the line in game 5.

Parker was amazing in the first quarter, don't get me wrong, but 29 points on 27 shots isn't that great. Were you not annoyed with Parker taking all of those long 2s during crunch time, when he is not even that great of a shooter? Were you not screaming at the TV when he took that 3 with 45 seconds left in the game down 4 with plenty of time on the shot clock?

Couple his shitty performance in crunch time with how terrible he was in games 3-5, and you get pissed off spurfan.

Manu was largely awful in the series.. He was Feast or Famine as usual...

TDMVPDPOY
I am disappointed in anyone who says TP is the teams best player but doesn't deserve any criticism for have a below average second half when the team was struggling.

tpfans starting become like kobefans now...leader gets all the credit when they win, leader gets a free pass when they dont win but like to point fingers at others after all the coat riding

perfect setup to shine for 2 years only to be expose nothing but a regular season player, playoff choker...then again who cares anyway, the team over achieve

timvp
06-07-2012, 01:04 AM
You just said it right there...

If Ginobili bricked the second half and only played well in the first, I can guarantee you many people would be saying trade Manu, which was a big topic here many years ago. Only real supporters would be the Argentine fans, IMO...

Where was this after Game 5 then?

dbreiden83080
So Parker isn't as good as Prime Duncan or Current Durant. The travesty.

Like i said it was a chance to elevate his legacy... He failed.... A better showing in game 4 or 5 and the Spurs are looking at game 7..

dg7md

Give me a pass-first guard on our offense and we'd have less issues with this series.

kaji157
06-07-2012, 01:07 AM

Let's crucify him.

Not at all, but if you remember when Ginbili was at his best, when Duncan was, in which quarter they used to come up big.
And then you watch Tony Parker first quarter and you see he has gone 7 of 10 you realise that the rest of the game he was 6 for 17.
And i expect a lot more from my best player.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:07 AM
I just don't get why certain posters are taking shots at other posters and being intellectually dishonest because it's a tough loss?

We know Parkers stats. But those are the same guys who usually go beyond in evaluation of games and performances and players. The fact is, as the teams best player and a top 5 MVP candidate, you can't have second halfs like TP when your team loses the biggest halftime lead in franchise history for a playoff game and not be criticized. We can all read the boxscore, but those who watched the game know that despite his heroic first half, it wasn't enough for the win and that doesnt mean he needed God mode in the 2nd half to win; he just couldn't lay an egg essentially.

timvp
06-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Give me a pass-first guard on our offense and we'd have less issues with this series.

:lmao :lmao :lmao @ thinking the offense lost this series. The Spurs offense was as good or better than could have been expected coming into this series.

dg7md
06-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Where was this after Game 5 then?

Ginobili is capable of making the shots he took. He is a wild player, and often messes up big-time with really long or crazy threes, but he can make them and has made a history of it. He has the clutch gene, typically.

Parker, on the other hand, has never been a consistent jumpshooter and has NEVER been a good three point shooter, but yet he took a lot of very, very bad, momentum-changing shots that corrupted our offensive flow and ruined our chances to fight back.

@timvp

Our offense blew... we only played good offense in the first half of this game, which I feel was our best start ever. We just did not make shots. Our offense sucked this series. OKC couldn't be stopped, but we messed up by not answering back aside from miracle SJax shots tonight.

ElNono
06-07-2012, 01:10 AM
You're delusional if you think Ginobili would EVER get criticized after going for 29 and 12 on the road in a must-win. Yeah, Ginobili got criticized when he was injured or when he was outplayed by Sasha Vujacic the last time the Spurs were in the WCF but in the same circumstance, we'd all be bowing down to Ginobili's greatness and saying how the Thunder are lucky he ran out of gas or else Ginobili would have destroyed them single-handedly. And I'd be right there saying the same things.

Be real.

But it's a flawed premise. When was the last time Manu took 27 shots in a game like that? Manu on his prime could get to the basket every time. He never shriveled from contact.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 01:12 AM
I did see the scrubs Drob had. I agree TP is special. He has always been my favorite Spur (of the big 3). He is a top 5 PG in the league and I have been arguing that for years with the dbags in the NBA forum.

I'm not couting on anything, rebuilding will be brutual and I am resigned to the fact Spurs likely will never have another title in all reality. Perceptions and expectations (for me) will be adjusted then.

I'm just saying I don't get the context in this game and the criticisms from some (not all, because some of it is silly) and how that relates to a suck ass rebuild coming up.

I agree with most of your post. I think thats why tonight hurt so much - because this I think was an unexpected title run and probably the last one for awhile. If OKC can keep their team together, they are primed to become a dynasty. I think the best is yet to come from that team.

You gotta understand that this thread is not built out of this game but out of years of watching Tony not get his due. I thought he finally started to get it at the end of this year. Getting those symbolic MVP votes was pretty amazing.

Tony had a chance to really cement that in this series and he didn't do it. Thats definitely true. I don't think he can ever be blamed for the Spurs losing the series but it is true that he didn't win it for them. There's a huge difference in those two things.

I probably have a soft spot for Tony because of the DRob years I keep referencing. Watching the players David had to play with before Avery was pretty brutal. Even Avery was someone who just fit because of the players around him. He didn't have a quarter of TP's talent and skills. But its pretty undeniable that Parker's gotten undue hate for the past 10 years here.

ElNono
06-07-2012, 01:13 AM
I just don't get why certain posters are taking shots at other posters and being intellectually dishonest because it's a tough loss?

We know Parkers stats. But those are the same guys who usually go beyond in evaluation of games and performances and players. The fact is, as the teams best player and a top 5 MVP candidate, you can't have second halfs like TP when your team loses the biggest halftime lead in franchise history for a playoff game and not be criticized. We can all read the boxscore, but those who watched the game know that despite his heroic first half, it wasn't enough for the win and that doesnt mean he needed God mode in the 2nd half to win; he just couldn't lay an egg essentially.

As a matter of fact, my biggest criticism of TP was for Game 5. It's not even close. Just seeing him produce like he did in the 1st half this game is what makes you wonder what the fuck was that effort at home in Game 5?

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Parker showed up. That first half was transcendent. Any doubts about Parker were answered immediately and convincingly. Shit, I was expecting the Spurs to get run out of the gym.

In the second half the Thunder responded and the Spurs as a team struggled, as they have been for the past few games...because the Thunder are a damn good team.

If anything, I think this was one of Parker's better games. Hating on Parker after this game is just silly.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:18 AM
I agree with most of your post. I think thats why tonight hurt so much - because this I think was an unexpected title run and probably the last one for awhile. If OKC can keep their team together, they are primed to become a dynasty. I think the best is yet to come from that team.

You gotta understand that this thread is not built out of this game but out of years of watching Tony not get his due. I thought he finally started to get it at the end of this year. Getting those symbolic MVP votes was pretty amazing.

Tony had a chance to really cement that in this series and he didn't do it. Thats definitely true. I don't think he can ever be blamed for the Spurs losing the series but it is true that he didn't win it for them. There's a huge difference in those two things.

I probably have a soft spot for Tony because of the DRob years I keep referencing. Watching the players David had to play with before Avery was pretty brutal. Even Avery was someone who just fit because of the players around him. He didn't have a quarter of TP's talent and skills. But its pretty undeniable that Parker's gotten undue hate for the past 10 years here.

Im in the same vote. Hell, I remember getting scoffed for saying pre season I thought TP would finish Top 10 in MVP voting this year. He surpassed that and he has never gotten the credit that he's due and it's annoying.

I agree with the bold part too, I said the exact thing and that is where my criticism of this game comes from. You are correct, it's a huge difference in meaning too. Huge.

But I guess Timvp wants to take shots because I dont agree with him which is a little disappointing considering I come over every damn holiday.

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2012, 01:19 AM
so who had the final laugh after calling westbrick out.....

DPG21920
Who normally gets "blamed" for losses? The teams best player. This isn't anything new despite being emotional about a tough loss. Is TP the "reason" they lost? No. Is he a big part of the reason they did not win? Yes.

See, Manny

ElNono
Im in the same vote. Hell, I remember getting scoffed for saying pre season I thought TP would finish Top 10 in MVP voting this year. He surpassed that and he has never gotten the credit that he's due and it's annoying.

I agree with the bold part too, I said the exact thing and that is where my criticism of this game comes from. You are correct, it's a huge difference in meaning too. Huge.

But I guess Timvp wants to take shots because I dont agree with him which is a little disappointing considering I come over every damn holiday.

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2012, 01:21 AM
lol the clowns on here comparing tp to drob, fkn pathetic, drob was a 1 man team who had no one to bail him out

tp had good players around him, yet couldnt deliver while guys always bailing out his poor performances...

timvp
06-07-2012, 01:22 AM
But it's a flawed premise. When was the last time Manu took 27 shots in a game like that? Manu on his prime could get to the basket every time. He never shriveled from contact.

So you're problem is with the 27 shot attempts? You can't complain he didn't play better in the second half in one post and then complain he shot too much in the next post. Parker has to shoot to do well.

:rolleyes @ the insinuation that Prime Manu never had a bad half

:rolleyes @ Parker shriveling from the contact

Through everything, what I find amazing is that a Parker-led team really was able to play offense at a championship level throughout. I never would have thought that coming into this season. The offense ran through him and it was good enough to win it all.

What failed was the defense. The Thunder had a TS% of 57% for the series. FOR THE SERIES. I don't care if Magic Johnson himself traded places with Parker, it's nearly impossible to beat a team that you shoots that well. And yet the Spurs were reasonably close to doing so.

But, whatever, Parker could have gone for 101 and 31 but if the Spurs lost, ElNono and his ilk would find ways to pin the loss on Parker. It'd be something like: "Well, yeah he broke the all-time scoring and assist records in the same game but if he wouldn't have hogged the spotlight so much and given it to Manu more the Spurs would have won. Don't blame Manu for having a plus/minus twice as worse as anyone on the team, Parker isn't a leader and he failed!"

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 01:22 AM
No one compared TP to Drob you illiterate fuck. I thought they spoke English down in Australia?

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 01:23 AM
So you're problem is with the 27 shot attempts? You can't complain he didn't play better in the second half in one post and then complain he shot too much in the next post. Parker has to shoot to do well.

:rolleyes @ Parker shriveling from the contact

Through everything, what I find amazing is that a Parker-led team really was able to play offense at a championship level throughout. I never would have thought that coming into this season. The offense ran through him and it was good enough to win it all.

What failed was the defense. The Thunder had a TS% of 57% for the series. FOR THE SERIES. I don't care if Magic Johnson himself traded places with Parker, it's nearly impossible to beat a team that you shoots that well. And yet the Spurs were reasonably close to doing so.

But, whatever, Parker could have gone for 101 and 31 but if the Spurs lost, ElNono and his ilk would find ways to pin the loss on Parker. It'd be something like: "Well, yeah he broke the all-time scoring and assist records in the same game but if he wouldn't have hogged the spotlight so much and given it to Manu more the Spurs would have won. Don't blame Manu for having a plus/minus twice as worse as anyone on the team, Parker isn't a leader and he failed!"

:lmao :lmao :lmao

MannyIsGod
06-07-2012, 01:24 AM
TBH, Timvp reverting back to 2003 form.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-07-2012, 01:26 AM

I agree with this

But he wasn't the only one to play bad in the second half

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:27 AM
I agree with this

But he wasn't the only one to play bad in the second half

agreed, and I even said that (so I don't know if that's directed at me). Again, the team melted down, a symptom of a series that I am not proud of. But again, this just boils down to evaluating this game and the best players always get the majority of the blame.

TP is a great player, a great Spur and had a great year.

mavs>spurs
06-07-2012, 01:29 AM
DPG is REALLY upset and hurt :lol

this is sad to watch no troll. tim i think you just broke this young lad's spirit.

InK
06-07-2012, 01:30 AM
lol the clowns on here comparing tp to drob, fkn pathetic, drob was a 1 man team who had no one to bail him out

tp had good players around him, yet couldnt deliver while guys always bailing out his poor performances...

People are comparing Drob wasted years of having no decent pg around to lead the team to Duncan years. I think its pretty evident as well.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:31 AM
DPG is REALLY upset and hurt :lol

this is sad to watch no troll. tim i think you just broke this young lad's spirit.

You are an idiot. ":cry don't shut down ST, I need it! Who's causing problems, just want to let you know I appreciate you letting me be a dumbass!"

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:33 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199377

:lmao so upset and hurt about Tim youre starting threads :cry

Starting threads about being hurt is telling me.

mavs>spurs
06-07-2012, 01:34 AM
^geez, calm down guy. i was just pointing out the obvious.

ps just because you call someone an idiot doesn't make your opinion true. i was right about the spurs this year, so if i'm an idiot, i'd hate to see what that makes you :lol

ElNono
06-07-2012, 01:35 AM

My problem was with him having a dismal second half, especially after the otherwordly 1st half.

As somebody else pointed out: And then you watch Tony Parker first quarter and you see he has gone 7 of 10 you realise that the rest of the game he was 6 for 17.

I didn't say that at all. I said it's a flawed premise because Manu wouldn't take 27 shots in a situation like that. Why are you changing the topic? :lol

The closest I can find from Manu is going 10-24 for 24 points against Phoenix in the 1st round on 2008, a game the Spurs won and Manu played 45 mins.

:lol Not at all. If he would've played half as well as he did in the 1st half tonight in Game 5 we wouldn't be having this conversation, because there would be a Game 7 in SA tomorrow.

timvp
06-07-2012, 01:37 AM
I really don't see how anyone can point to offense as a reason the Spurs lost this series. In the five games outside of Game 3, the Spurs scored ~109.5 points per possessions. That's right at their league leading regular season rate.

Parker struggled at times. He sucked at times. But he's mostly responsible for the offense and the offense held up its end of the bargain. The defense collapsed or the Thunder got too much on fire, however you want to look at it.

We all knew that there was a chance that the individual talent on OKC would prove too good. Especially if they're shooting well. That's what happened. The Spurs lost.

Blame 27 shot attempts or second half chokes or whatever you want but this series was lost on the other end of the court. Even the great Prime Manu couldn't have changed that. Tbh, with as hot as the Thunder were from the perimeter, I don't think even Prime Duncan would have made a huge difference.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2012, 01:37 AM
...I didn't say that at all. I said it's a flawed premise because Manu wouldn't take 27 shots in a situation like that. Why are you changing the topic? :lol

Well Pop wanted Tony to shoot 30 times tonight, so I guess you are really just disappointed in Pop. :lol

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:39 AM
^geez, calm down guy. i was just pointing out the obvious.

ps just because you call someone an idiot doesn't make your opinion true. i was right about the spurs this year, so if i'm an idiot, i'd hate to see what that makes you :lol

Great logic. First of all, you weren't right about the Spurs. Not only did you not give them a chance to get to the WCF, you scoffed the idea of TP finishing top 5 in MVP voting.

Secondly, let's say you were right about something and I was wrong, being right about a singular thing doesn't mean you aren't an idiot :lol

ElNono
06-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Well Pop wanted Tony to shoot 30 times tonight, so I guess you are really just disappointed in Pop. :lol

Well, I'm waiting for somebody to start the "What, no threads giving props to Pop?" thread :lol

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:41 AM
I blame bad body language, a lack of focus and execution and unforced turnovers. I blame not playing with a sense of hunger or urgency and the fact they couldn't get up for games 3-5.

ElNono
I really don't see how anyone can point to offense as a reason the Spurs lost this series. In the five games outside of Game 3, the Spurs scored ~109.5 points per possessions. That's right at their league leading regular season rate.

Parker struggled at times. He sucked at times. But he's mostly responsible for the offense and the offense held up its end of the bargain. The defense collapsed or the Thunder got too much on fire, however you want to look at it.

We all knew that there was a chance that the individual talent on OKC would prove too good. Especially if they're shooting well. That's what happened. The Spurs lost.

Blame 27 shot attempts or second half chokes or whatever you want but this series was lost on the other end of the court. Even the great Prime Manu couldn't have changed that. Tbh, with as hot as the Thunder were from the perimeter, I don't think even Prime Duncan would have made a huge difference.

Okay. Agreed. STOP HERE.

So where do you go from here? Especially when you have a coach who doesn't believe you can play the kind of defense that seemingly OKC could play?

(I know, I'm drifting on the topic, but the future outlook is what interests me the most)

Kori Ellis
Honestly, it was obvious that Parker was going to have a "subpar" second half. First of all, the Thunder coaching staff had been awesome with adjustments this series, so you had to know they were going to do something. Secondly, he looked like he was losing his legs in the middle of the second quarter. That's why people in the game blog were saying that Manu (or someone) needed to turn it up in the second half -- Parker had already worn himself out.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2012, 01:42 AM
So where do you go from here? Especially when you have a coach who doesn't believe you can play the kind of defense that seemingly OKC could play?See if OKC wants to trade their players.

dg7md
06-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Statistically speaking, maybe the Spurs didn't skimp out on the offense as much as they normally did.

But, statistically speaking is not how ballgames are won. The games that they lost they were completely taken off their game.

Call it better defense from the Thunder if you like, but simply put, the Spurs could not execute offense in the stretch of the game. That cost them. We lost because we couldn't make more shots than them, and I think saying the Thunder's defense is why is only half of the story. We were completely lost out there after game 2.

Maybe it's hindsight, but the Clippers game comeback might have been the very last amazing Spurs game we saw in the playoffs. I don't things have been completely right with us since then.

RodNIc91
Its so sad that it ended this bad. However Im proud too. I really wanted another championship for duncan and hopefully by any means. Very low possibility I know but one can only pray. Oh and lol at timvp and elnono's exchange. Just savour what a great season this was.

TDMVPDPOY
elnono has a point

ginoboli wouldnt throw up 27 bad shots, cause his to busy making 6 turnovers a game

DPG21920
It's just hard to buy the worn out excuse for a self proclaimed "I am only 29 year old" in a critical must-win game that has had his minutes managed all year. I'm not bagging on TP at all, but that sounds like an excuse.

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2012, 01:44 AM
Honestly, it was obvious that Parker was going to have a "subpar" second half. First of all, the Thunder coaching staff had been awesome with adjustments this series, so you had to know they were going to do something. Secondly, he looked like he was losing his legs in the middle of the second quarter. That's why people in the game blog were saying that Manu (or someone) needed to turn it up in the second half -- Parker had already worn himself out.

then you really need to call him out for settling jumpers instead which is his enigma

crc21209
06-07-2012, 01:45 AM
Without him, we wouldnt have been close in the 1st half. His 2nd half slump was to be expected, he looked somewhat gassed by the time the 4th came around. All in all, a GREAT year for TP. The Spurs wouldnt have gotten as far as they did without him....

ChumpDumper
I'm not bagging on TP at allThe bright side to losses is reading gems like these.

ElNono
tbh, as I already pointed out, personally, all this streak/WCF stuff was awesome and already way more than I expected, simply because I came into this season with low expectations. Tony should get his props for carrying the team all season long (schtick aside, I think I've made that abundantly clear). But I also think going forward, if anybody is entertaining the idea of "building around Parker", I'm just not sold on that. I think the Spurs can be really good with him, but not the contender-type. So what you do?

ElNono
See if OKC wants to trade their players.

Kori Ellis
It's just hard to buy the worn out excuse for a self proclaimed "I am only 29 year old" in a critical must-win game that has had his minutes managed all year. I'm not bagging on TP at all, but that sounds like an excuse.

So, you couldn't tell he lost his legs?

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Cool throw away line

mavs>spurs
06-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Great logic. First of all, you weren't right about the Spurs. Not only did you not give them a chance to get to the WCF, you scoffed the idea of TP finishing top 5 in MVP voting.

Secondly, let's say you were right about something and I was wrong, being right about a singular thing doesn't mean you aren't an idiot :lol

Bullshit, I had predicted all along that it was going to be a dogfight between many different teams with each having more or less an equal chance to win it. While spur fan was proclaiming they were #1 and a lock, I was the voice of reason saying that they were just as good as a handful of other teams and that the odds would be against them.

I predicted the Thunder in 6 before the series started. I said that the lack of defense and over reliance on young, unproven role players would bite them in the end. That's when Green and Neal shit the bed. I knew more about your own team than you did and that is why you are buttmad.

Anyone could have seen this coming from a mile away. DMC also gets credit for co-authoring The Prediction.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:48 AM
So, you couldn't tell he lost his legs?

I saw it a little maybe but even he said that wasn't really a factor.

timvp
06-07-2012, 01:48 AM
So where do you go from here?

I've seen this as the final attempt at a ring. I honestly haven't given any thought to what could be next. As of right this second, I think the days of the Spurs being a legit contender are over.

And for the record, Pop was right. This Spurs team wasn't going to win with defense. If they were going to win, it was going to be with offense. And the offense actually held up throughout. Unfortunately, the Spurs ran into an offense that was even more unstoppable.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Bullshit, I had predicted all along that it was going to be a dogfight between many different teams with each having more or less an equal chance to win it. While spur fan was proclaiming they were #1 and a lock, I was the voice of reason saying that they were just as good as a handful of other teams and that the odds would be against them.

I predicted the Thunder in 6 before the series started. I said that the lack of defense and over reliance on young, unproven role players would bite them in the end. That's when Green and Neal shit the bed. I knew more about your own team than you did and that is why you are buttmad.

Anyone could have seen this coming from a mile away. DMC also gets credit for co-authoring The Prediction.

Wrong. Before the season you wrote the Spurs off. Totally. You relentlessly dogged them. Even when they were hot you didn't say they were wcf contenders. You also bagged on TP all year saying he wasn't an MVP candidate.

RodNIc91
06-07-2012, 01:50 AM
One would wonder if they'll be able to lure any sort of talent soon. Then you start wondering how they get into the lottery without scewing the integrity of the team. And theen you just hope and pray for a franchise changer. Hopefully rebuild will not be as painful. Im so damn nostalgic now, I really want a final ring for Timmy :'(

Kori Ellis
06-07-2012, 01:51 AM
I've seen this as the final attempt at a ring. I honestly haven't given any thought to what could be next. As of right this second, I think the days of the Spurs being a legit contender are over.

And for the record, Pop was right. This Spurs team wasn't going to win with defense. If they were going to win, it was going to be with offense. And the offense actually held up throughout. Unfortunately, the Spurs ran into an offense that was even more unstoppable.

But it was fun to watch.
This was my favorite Spurs season since probably 2005.

InK
I dont get why its such a sin saying that Parker's best play this season wasn't in this series. He played an amazing game 2 and first half of game 6, but for 4 games and a half he didn't play amazing or god mode as some put it, nor great. He played ok most of the times, and sometimes average.

Players are judged based on their past performances, and expectations are measured against them. There are threads after games evaluating performances and in those Parker got a C's and C- if i remember correctly with an A+ for game 2, and a B for game 1? Some players on the team faired better in this series ( based on expectations) then Tony, by your standards.

Its not like this series was easily winnable, everyone should have played beyond their heads for Spurs to have a chance. Saying Parker didnt help us win the series, really isnt saying much, there is 11 more guys on the roster who didnt help in that respect. There are some who helped us loose, and Parker isnt among them, and its not even close.

mavs>spurs
Wrong. Before the season you wrote the Spurs off. Totally. You relentlessly dogged them. Even when they were hot you didn't say they were wcf contenders. You also bagged on TP all year saying he wasn't an MVP candidate.

Irrelevant, the spurs were a different team at the beginning of the year. That was before the emergence of Green, Duncan found a 2nd wind, and the midseason acquisitions of Jackson and Diaw who proved critical.

As a matter of fact, I came upstairs after Dallas beat yall that first game with Jackson and gave props. I said that ya'll were the real deal, but that it would be tough as it was anyone's to win this year. If the mods would take Tyson off all ignore you can view all of my predictions out in the open. GNSF called me everything in the book for it and I simply bookmarked some of the threads for future lulz and bumped them tonight.

And I was right for scoffing the notion of Tony Parker for MVP. He is the reason you are so buttmad, here arguing in a thread making fun of him. He wasn't ever going to lead a team to a championship, he was never that good no matter how hot he was at the time. You jumped at the hype like all the others, and got burned for it.

You pride yourself on being a smart guy, and you can't handle it when you are wrong or get criticized. Everyone here from myself, to Jag, Kori, Timvp and others have criticized you here tonight. You were just flat wrong, on a lot of points.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:52 AM
He finished top 5 in MVP voting :lol

Wrong about Parker :lol

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Also thanks a lot for being such a shitty harrassing poster that they are considering shutting down the site :lol

Good job, dipshit.

mavs>spurs
06-07-2012, 01:54 AM
^He choked it tonight too and showed what he was really made of. Tyson was right about the Spurs AND right about Parker, even more right than some idiot analysts who gave him their mvp votes.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:55 AM
^He choked it tonight too and showed what he was really made of. Tyson was right about the Spurs AND right about Parker, even more right than some idiot analysts who gave him their mvp votes.

You scoffed me when I said he would finish top 5 in MVP voting. He did. You were wrong. You can't stand it and many people tonight have criticized you for being an idiot, so just man up and admit it.

mavs>spurs
06-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Also thanks a lot for being such a shitty harrassing poster that they are considering shutting down the site :lol

Good job, dipshit.

Throwaway line, stupid opinion, whatever it is you're just making an idiot of yourself now and you are a smart enough guy despite your poor predictions to know better that what you just said is NOT true.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Irrelevant:lol

mavs>spurs
06-07-2012, 01:57 AM
You scoffed me when I said he would finish top 5 in MVP voting. He did. You were wrong. You can't stand it and many people tonight have criticized you for being an idiot, so just man up and admit it.

It was undeserved, TP proved his worth here tonight. Solid player, but not an MVP caliber player by any means. Analysts make mistakes and sometimes bring shitty opinions to the table, even smart guys like you isn't that right DPG.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:57 AM
MS getting laughed at now by several people :lol

mavs>spurs
06-07-2012, 01:59 AM

What kind of an honest opinion can one formulate before the start of the season? I took my time, watched a half season of basketball, and made the most accurate predictions thus far of any other fan on the site that I know of outside of DMC. I predicted pretty much every series thus far, except for memphis and LAC.

The spurs flaming out right about now was so painfully obvious to anyone who knows basketball, including the site owners. It wasn't a surprise to anyone except dpg and others who are really really shocked and buttmad right now. You all scoffed DMC and called him a dumbass but now that the shoe is on the other foot you guys owe him an apology.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2012, 02:00 AM
What kind of an honest opinion can one formulate before the start of the season?So you were dishonest.

ElNono
06-07-2012, 02:00 AM

I thought the Spurs added some good defensive pieces this season (Khawi, Green to an extent, Splitter... later on Jack and Diaw) and that balance is what made get to where they got to. I thought the kind of defense they played when the playoff started went unnoticed under the win streak storyline. I also think that ended when Tim had to basically work hard for his points and got worn out.

But it was fun to watch.
This was my favorite Spurs season since probably 2005.

No doubt. I have to give props to objective, who rightly pointed out that it has gotten to a point where seeing RJ out there was a drag. Getting rid of him and bringing Jack back was awesome. And Jack was everything I expected and more these series. I really had a blast this season.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 02:01 AM
What kind of an honest opinion can one formulate before the start of the season? I took my time, watched a half season of basketball, and made the most accurate predictions thus far of any other fan on the site that I know of outside of DMC. I predicted pretty much every series thus far, except for memphis and LAC.

You also saw the Spurs when they were peaking calling them fools gold and said they weren't going to get to the WCF :lol

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 02:02 AM
I thought the Spurs added some good defensive pieces this season (Khawi, Green to an extent, Splitter... later on Jack and Diaw) and that balance is what made get to where they got to. I thought the kind of defense they played when the playoff started went unnoticed under the win streak storyline. I also think that ended when Tim had to basically work hard for his points and got worn out.

No doubt. I have to give props to objective, who rightly pointed out that it has gotten to a point where seeing RJ out there was a drag. Getting rid of him and bringing Jack back was awesome. And Jack was everything I expected and more these series. I really had a blast this season.

Think you mean DPG who compared RJ to having a cold that makes you feel like crap, but not bad enough to go to a doctor to get a cure. :wow what an analogy.

mavs>spurs
06-07-2012, 02:03 AM
You also saw the Spurs when they were peaking calling them fools gold and said they weren't going to get to the WCF :lol

IF i said that, it was before the seedings were determined. i knew they could beat the likes of utah and lac, lakers were iffy and I didn't think they could beat OKC. I called OKC and miami finals early on, we'll see if I'm right about the other half.

But the fact remains that you need to stop being so buttmad because you were wrong and deflecting. You were wrong in your argument with JaG that they just simply choked, whenever guys like me and DMC called it way ahead of time.

mavs>spurs
06-07-2012, 02:03 AM
You also saw the Spurs when they were peaking calling them fools gold

thank you

InK
06-07-2012, 02:04 AM

So a team who won 20 in a row and 32 of 30 or something like that is not going to contend next year? After being proclaimed as the next coming a week ago and running into a red hot Thunder team which likely wont be able to keep all their vital pieces next season. Don't get why not

DPG21920

ElNono
Think you mean DPG who compared RJ to having a cold that makes you feel like crap, but not bad enough to go to a doctor to get a cure. :wow what an analogy.

Nah, I'm sure it was objective. Not saying that you didn't, but he's the one I remember saying it.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2012, 02:05 AM

Prime Duncan definitely would have impacted this series much more because there would be more of a defensive presence down low, back when he could jump. It would change how our perimeter guys defend those of OKC's, guys like Westbrook, Durant, and Harden, who all can shoot and put it on the floor to the rim. They could press them tighter and defend the outside jumper more. Shots like the Game 5 dagger from Harden over Kawhi, Kawhi played him very well but he respected the drive a good deal and could have contested better/blocked, but more realistically would have prevented that 3 from being taken in the first place.

When the Thunder drove, they often waltzed right to the rim for easy buckets. That wouldn't happen as much with prime Duncan. But there's no sense in arguing this so IDK what I'm doing.

Anyway, this loss really sucks. The Spurs have been written off every year for the past few years now, but they've always stuck around, never making it to the finals for a variety of reasons. They played amazing basketball the past 2 seasons, but it was a variety of bball that is much more suited for the regular season. You need reliable, night in night out star power to win titles. It sucks that they had 2 straight years of finishing first in the west and nothing to show for it, I thought they were gonna really pull it off this year and it would have been the best way imaginable for these group of vets to go out, shutting everyone up about being boring and/or not serious contenders, winning a title that not a single person could have predicted at the start of the season. It would have been my favorite championship, BY FAR.
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

DPG21920
Funny thing is MS thinks he's trolling me and instead he's being laughed at :lol

He is also ragin and starting threads bc Timvp blocked him

DPG21920
Nah, I'm sure it was objective. Not saying that you didn't, but he's the one I remember saying it.

Tha f*ck. Fuk yo memory clown.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Funny thing is MS thinks he's trolling me and instead he's being laughed at :lolThere are plenty of laughs to go around.

mavs>spurs
06-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Funny thing is MS thinks he's trolling me and instead he's being laughed at :lol

He is also ragin and starting threads bc Timvp blocked him

Only by ChumpDumper, he admits that he likes to pester me. Thank you for begrudgingly admitting that I called the spurs fool's gold in the middle of that run while everyone was on the bandwagon, though.

Nobody is perfect, but this time I was right. And you Spurs forum posters owe DMC an apology..I'm not sure why everyone hates him :lol

G'night all.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Only by ChumpDumper, he admits that he likes to pester me. Thank you for begrudgingly admitting that I called the spurs fool's gold in the middle of that run while everyone was on the bandwagon, though.

Nobody is perfect, but this time I was right. And you Spurs forum posters owe DMC an apology..I'm not sure why everyone hates him :lol

Not true, I am laughing at you too :lol

ChumpDumper
06-07-2012, 02:09 AM
Only by ChumpDumperpNah, there were three unique lols right after your post alone.