PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding

The Reckoning
06-06-2012, 11:09 PM
do you think this roster has what it takes to make another run next year, or was this their last stand?

should buford and co. clear the slate and start building a new team around kawhi? should parker still be used as trade bait?

it should be an interesting off season, imo.

one things for sure, the spurs REALLY need a young big man to build.

T Park
06-06-2012, 11:10 PM
I think one more defensive big man, a good back up point guard, and one more reliable outside shooter gets em back to the WCF, outside of OKc the west is a mess.

Vinnie_Johnson
06-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Keep the core add a piece and get more athletic if you can. OKC is going to get better unfortunately though for you guys and the rest of the NBA.

Richie
06-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Definitely has another run in them. If Leonard improves then who knows. We need to pick up a half decent young player though, hopefully get a pick for Neal/Blair.

By the time the 12-13 playoffs come around, Jackson will probably not be here. Hopefully we can pick up someone decent for his expiring

dg7md
06-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Trade Parker. I don't care what the flak is. He has shown he is incapable of delivering consistency down the stretch. Hollywood ruined him.

The Reckoning
06-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Trade Parker. I don't care what the flak is. He has shown he is incapable of delivering consistency down the stretch. Hollywood ruined him.

the pg arguably needs to be the most consistent player on the team. i dont know how high his trade value is though after the playoffs.

MI21
06-06-2012, 11:42 PM
I think that will about do it. Short of an All-Star caliber bigman acquisition, I can't see the Spurs competing for a championship any time soon.

:(

boutons_deux
06-06-2012, 11:43 PM
replace TP with?

TDMVPDPOY
06-06-2012, 11:45 PM
the pg arguably needs to be the most consistent player on the team. i dont know how hide his trade value is though after the playoffs.

maybe we should try and trade for deron williams teh coach killa

if we fail with deron, maybe he get pop sacked, then we start having real changes to the team

GrandeDavid
06-06-2012, 11:49 PM
do you think this roster has what it takes to make another run next year, or was this their last stand?

should buford and co. clear the slate and start building a new team around kawhi? should parker still be used as trade bait?

Bring 'em all back!

TampaDude
06-06-2012, 11:53 PM
The Spurs just need to get another legit big to help Duncan, and maybe a backup PG for Parker. All the other pieces are already in place.

The Spurs will be the 2013 NBA Champions, I guarantee it. :toast

TampaDude
06-06-2012, 11:53 PM
The Spurs just need to get another legit big to help Duncan, and maybe a backup PG for Parker. All the other pieces are already in place.

The Spurs will be the 2013 NBA Champions, I guarantee it. :toast

MR-Clutch
06-06-2012, 11:59 PM
-Tell tiago to develop a fucking jumpshot so him and duncan can play together.
-Leonard needs to develop his drive and midrange game.
-If there's any way we get our hands on a defensive shot blocker then please, do it!!
-tbh I'm not sure we can win a championship with tp as our main guy, he's good but he's not the pure point guard that this system needs to keep running. The second he gets thrown off we sputter.

SpurPadre
06-07-2012, 12:02 AM
I still say we go hard after Nicolas Batum. He constantly brings up the fact that we tried to draft him but that the Rockets cock-blocked us. He could play multiple positions and is very athletic and a good shooter. Imagine him and 2nd year Kawhi on the court together? That alone would be great athleticism to counter the Thunder next year.

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
did anyone felt KL was too passive on the offensive end creating for himself, yeh sure the highlight plays of him dunkin is nice, but what his doing on the offensive end is no different to what RJ was doing

baseline bum
06-07-2012, 12:05 AM
They're never again going to be as healthy as they were this postseason. This was a best-case scenario due to Pop's masterful year of saving everyone's bodies for the real season.

kaji157
06-07-2012, 12:06 AM
With the team as constructed if you can get Rajon Rondo for Parker you do it. I really love his game.
Parker is the only tradeable Big3 player. No one will trade for Manu and Duncan is untochable.
If you can get Rondo and not give up anyone not named Bonner, Blair or Neal you do it.
Neal is too much of a defensive liability as is Blair and Bonner.

Richie
06-07-2012, 12:07 AM
did anyone felt KL was too passive on the offensive end creating for himself, yeh sure the highlight plays of him dunkin is nice, but what his doing on the offensive end is no different to what RJ was doing

You're not wrong, but he's still a rookie. RJ was much older getting paid way more to do the same on the offensive end with less than half the defensive effort.

Lets see what he and Green can add to their offensive games in the off season

SpurPadre

He gets a pass on his rookie year and the fact that he had little to no time to practice with the team because of the lockout. Considering those restrictions, he was amazing this year and even had a few double-doubles in the playoffs. He's not afraid of the spotlight, that's for sure. He didn't play like a deer-in-headlights like Danny Green, who is 4-5 years older than him or Boner, who's 12 years older than him! The kid is a keeper and will only get better. Think Gerald Wallace without the injury risk.

The Reckoning
maybe we should try and trade for deron williams teh coach killa

if we fail with deron, maybe he get pop sacked, then we start having real changes to the team

this year proves that pg-ran teams dont win chips

SpursFaninMS
06-07-2012, 12:08 AM

The core will be back.

If everything stays the same (system, roles, etc.) no reason to think we won't make the playoffs.

Really, I see no reason to say that we are incapable of winning a series or two.

The gap will only grow between us and the Thunder, though.

I hope we change things up and let Kawhi shoulder a heavier load, though.

ducks
06-07-2012, 12:08 AM
retire duncan
trade manu for picks
manu to the bulls for picks makes sence
tp for number one pick in draft?
spurs start over

no team is going to beat thunder for a couple of years if they stay healthy

brooks now can show westrbrook about the assist

SpurPadre
06-07-2012, 12:09 AM
With the team as constructed if you can get Rajon Rondo for Parker you do it. I really love his game.
Parker is the only tradeable Big3 player. No one will trade for Manu and Duncan is untochable.
If you can get Rondo and not give up anyone not named Bonner, Blair or Neal you do it.

Only a team that doesn't care about winning wouldn't trade for Manu. WTF do you mean by that? Any ways, Manu is staying put because he's a Spur for life.

clambake
06-07-2012, 12:10 AM
get a grip

AFBlue
06-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Spurs will continue to "rebuild on the fly" as they have done the past couple years. No full rebuilding will happen until Duncan hangs 'em up. Book it.

kaji157
06-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Only a team that doesn't care about winning wouldn't trade for Manu. WTF do you mean by that? Any ways, Manu is staying put because he's a Spur for life.

Not at all, no team will trade for Manu and give you real value for him. He is old and great, but a team looking to win wonīt give you fair value plain and simple.

I gotta go for realistic trades, Ginobili for picks is a possibility if you are rebuilding to loose a lot, but thatīs not what i am planning. This team as constructed with Rondo instead of Parker would be a great team.

tesseractive
06-07-2012, 12:13 AM
replace TP with?

The only guys out there who are clear upgrades are Derrick Rose (assuming he fully recovers) and Chris Paul. Either of those guys should be super-easy to get.

BatManu20
06-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Not unless we get a legit Center. Which we wont. So no, this is prob it. It was a good run.

tesseractive
06-07-2012, 12:15 AM

Newsflash: Rondo drives Celtics fans even more crazy than Parker drives Spurs fans. If what we want to get is a more consistent point guard, I'm laughing my ass off at the idea that it's Rondo.

Aside from that, there's not a chance in hell that the Celtics are trading Rondo anyway.

tesseractive
06-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Not unless we get a legit Center. Which we wont. So no, this is prob it. It was a good run.

I hate to part with Stephen Jackson, but I really think he could be the key to a Dwight Howard deal.

tomtom
06-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Leave behind green, blair, bonner. Grab a defensive big man, and an actual back point guard.

mike20spurs
06-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Other than the Rondo for Parker deal which I would completely support, this team should barely be touched. I would be hesitant to give up Neal and Blair because you would essentially just get an unproven rookie and would have to start all over again. You all our hoping we get another rookie like Leonard but that will not happen in this year's draft. Duncan might not be the same player so work with Tiago in the offseason and improve his game (add a jumpshot and a consistent post move). His improval should make up for the slight decline that Duncan will, I believe, have. Diaw has to get in shape but he is definitely a Spur. Green should also stay. I know he shrunk in crunch time but he is extremely young without much playoff experience and showed many flashes of brilliance. Jackson also has to stay on the team if the Spurs want a legitimate shot for a championship. As for Bonner, that's a tough one. I think that his 3 pointers really make it easier for the guards to get into the lane but if his shots aren't going in then he's definitely a liability. I think we should keep him but play him like Pop did in these last two games. If he's hot, let him stay, if not, then bench him for the game. The core should remain intact (unless Rondo for Parker is proposed which I doubt). I don't see why the Spurs can't repeat a magnificent season again and hopefully, next year, it will end differently. We were two games away from the NBA Finals. These last three games were winnable, they just lost focus when it mattered. With Green and Leonard a year older, I don't see why you would even consider blowing this team up yet. The day when you don't make the playoffs is when you should blow this team up. Until then, work hard, improve, and get them next year!

tesseractive
06-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Grab a defensive big man

Like who, and with what?

ginobili fan
06-07-2012, 12:27 AM
again this ****.
I don't want rebuilding.
Keep all the players till the till the wheels fall off .
Don't care if next years we win only 30 games.

kaji157
06-07-2012, 12:28 AM
I hate to part with Stephen Jackson, but I really think he could be the key to a Dwight Howard deal.

For a moment, just for a moment, i thought that made sense... then i woke up.