PDA

View Full Version : Pop Punked Splitter

BackHome
06-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Man I don't think I have ever seen a coach in a playoff series go off on a player like Pop went off on Splitter. Yeah, he was playing like shit but you hardly play the guy what do you expect? For the team this had so do something as a player you see that and you start thinking of not making mistakes which will leads to poor play on the court.

I don't know how Pop is going to repair the damage since this was on national TV. Lost respect for Pop doing that not the way to act as a veteran coach....:nope

BC3
06-06-2012, 11:15 PM
David Stern is a Script Writer for the NBA.
If you can't see that you are blind and to that I say enjoy your movie! Don't look behind the curtain because the suspension of disbelief won't work. Suspension of disbelief was coined by the poet and aesthetic philosopher Samuel Taylor Coleridge in 1817. David Stern is a huge fan of his work.

George Lucas ALSO went to an extraordinary length to mess up the integrity of his Star Wars Franchise. Case in point: EP1, EP2, EP3 and trilogy tweaks and profit hoarding to name a few.

For what? PROFIT.

Enjoy the movie you drones!

Duncan2177
06-06-2012, 11:16 PM
If its anyone Pop should of yelled at it should of been Parker.

SenorSpur
06-06-2012, 11:17 PM
With that act, and the fact that Bonner got 0 time, Pop has publically and indirectly admitted that he doesn't trust the reserve bigs on this team. If that's the case, then why the fuck did he roll with this crew to begin with. Bonner & Blair need to go. The frontline needs to be rebuild to help refocus this team on getting back to their defensive priniciples.

DMC
06-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Man I don't think I have ever seen a coach in a playoff series go off on a player like Pop went off on Splitter. Yeah, he was playing like shit but you hardly play the guy what do you expect? For the team this had so do something as a player you see that and you start thinking of not making mistakes which will leads to poor play on the court.

I don't know how Pop is going to repair the damage since this was on national TV. Lost respect for Pop doing that not the way to act as a veteran coach....:nope
Splitter makes millions. If his pussy hurts, go back to your sub D league shit abroad.

angelbelow
06-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Thought that was a pretty massive overreaction from Pop. Yeah Splitter fucked up but exploding like that and then proceeding to bench him for the rest of the game seemed excessive.

icango
06-06-2012, 11:19 PM
has pop lost it. his CIA mind is turning on him...lol

ginobili fan
06-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Pop is a great coach but his excessivity costs us the game very often...
And tonight isn't the exception

ginobili fan
06-06-2012, 11:22 PM

Duncan2177
06-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Pop didn't want to yell at his boy toy Bonner.

DMC
06-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Ironic that you double posted

dg7md
06-06-2012, 11:25 PM
I was glad to see Pop fired up. Splitter has been garbage in the playoffs, and doesn't belong in the NBA. Splitter was better than Bonner, but so is David Robinson watching the game in the stands.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-06-2012, 11:26 PM
I think it shows how Pop has always felt about Splitter- not a lot of respect.

TwelveGs210
06-06-2012, 11:26 PM
With that act, and the fact that Bonner got 0 time, Pop has publically and indirectly admitted that he doesn't trust the reserve bigs on this team. If that's the case, then why the fuck did he roll with this crew to begin with. Bonner & Blair need to go. The frontline needs to be rebuild to help refocus this team on getting back to their defensive priniciples.

Bonner, Blair, and Green need to go. We need toughness to compete with the Thunder. Scary thought is the Thunder will be even better next year.

Spurs151
06-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Can someone find video and post it, I missed him going off

NRHector
06-06-2012, 11:27 PM
does anybody have video of the incident?

Spur|n|Austin
06-06-2012, 11:29 PM
I was glad to see Pop fired up. Splitter has been garbage in the playoffs, and doesn't belong in the NBA. Splitter was better than Bonner, but so is David Robinson watching the game in the stands.

:toast

tkang456
06-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Can someone find video and post it, I missed him going off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK0ONmbfI9A

weebo
06-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Non issue. Pop has bitched at everyone on national tv at one time or another.

NRHector
06-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Fucking Bonner scared as shit when Pop was yelling, fucking pussy

SA210
06-06-2012, 11:34 PM
If its anyone Pop should of yelled at it should of been Parker.

ColinB
06-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Pop did the same thing to Bonner last year during the Memphis series. It has nothing to do with 'lack of respect'

icango
pop should have bitch at him self because no one was listening to him.

SequSpur
Splitter sucks.

gospursgojas
Pop was pissed splitter made a mistake...in a close game...in a elimination game....in the wcf. Nut up.

Sidenote: he also bitched Neal out pretty badly at the end of the half (or maybe it was 1st qtr). Didn't even let Gary stand up. Pop bitched him out rightthere on his knees

GrandeDavid
06-06-2012, 11:37 PM

I agree. Pop's surly act is tired.

~Sweetmelody~
06-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Pop was pissed splitter made a mistake...in a close game...in a elimination game....in the wcf. Nut up

Agree.

$pursDynasty
06-06-2012, 11:43 PM
I don't think Tony Parker or Timmy feel sorry for Tiago, price of being a Spur, Pop yells at them all you can't be a thin skinned pussy on this team.

therealtruth
06-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Pop has retarded Splitter's development. Remember when Splitter was more than a pick and roll player? Remember when he could score on the block and block shots?

afireinside20
06-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Because he had Splitter in at a crucial time and he fucked up. Pop was already frustrated at that point, so he let out that steam on Tiago. Tiago sucks anyway, before he came, I thought he was gonna be good.

gospursgojas
06-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Pop has retarded Splitter's development. Remember when Splitter was more than a pick and roll player? Remember when he could score on the block and block shots?

No

MB3//
06-07-2012, 12:11 AM
It wasn't even that bad of a play. I didn't even see a foul on the play. It was like pop put him in just wanting him to make a mistake. Weird.

SpursFaninMS
06-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Thought that was a pretty massive overreaction from Pop. Yeah Splitter fucked up but exploding like that and then proceeding to bench him for the rest of the game seemed excessive.

Splitter was GARBAGE. I wanted him benched from Game 3-on almost as much as Bonner.

Unpolished and S-O-F-T

I hope some people have come back down to Earth on their expectations for him.

Need some moxy down low badly.

$pursDynasty
06-07-2012, 12:17 AM
The way some on this site lauded Splitter you would have thought he was a lighter Bill Russell, I want Splitter to succeed but these playoffs should show any and all he isn't even starting material yet, much less even a thought of Timmy's eventual replacement. The pick and rolls are ok but are more a product of great passing from Manu and Tony than anything else and I can't get past the fact that he is so SOFT on defense and when he takes it to the rim. That plus his FT issues in the playoffs make me question his mental strength.