PDA

View Full Version : Get a real point guard

dg7md
06-06-2012, 11:32 PM
"Sons", I know that this comes as a surprise, but after tonight's play of Tony Parker pretending to be the next Kobe Bryant, I have simply seen enough of his game in a Spurs uniform.

Remember the old Tony Parker that never went for jumpers? The one that ALWAYS went to the hoop, drew a foul? That Parker was not here tonight in the end.

What did we get? We got Stephon Francis McGrady Jr. tonight, but not nearly as effective from midrange.

Parker had a stunning regular season, but his play in these playoffs have proven to me that he is truly "Hollywood" and doesn't belong on a championship team that is built around team play.

I don't care how good he is statistically, if we had a true point guard like Andre Miller we would be much more effective from our style of ball that got us here in the first place.

Parker seriously cost us the game tonight and you can re-watch the footage if you can stomach it. Watch how many times Parker goes off-dribble for a horrible jumpshot that he simply cannot make and never could make.

We got a huge offensive rebound at the end and a chance to cut the Thunder's knees off... Parker takes a corner three off a pass with like 10 seconds left on the shot clock. :idiot

I think Parker belongs on a below-to-average eastern conference team where he puts up 24 a night. Trade him away and get a point that knows how to penetrate and pass without trying to be the star of the team. It's not his team.

all_heart
06-06-2012, 11:36 PM
IMO, you got it wrong chief. Spurs don't get to this point w/out Tony playing the way he does. Nobody is perfect, but his game is not hurting us. No need to blame anybody. We just lost to a better team.

Kori Ellis
LOL

Spurs fans (or supposed Spurs fan) are embarrassing when the Spurs lose.

dg7md
Parker just bricked too many times in our efforts to gain momentum back. I felt like if he had not taken those shots, we would have gotten better looks and thus kept the lead. Parker killed our momentum too much tonight with midrange jumpers and terrible shots.

Holt's Cat
06-06-2012, 11:38 PM
You stupid motherfucker.

mytespurs
06-06-2012, 11:38 PM
LOL

Spurs fans (or supposed Spurs fan) are embarrassing when the Spurs lose.

Yep......:depressed

Spurtacus
06-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Not sure how you can ridicule Parker for not attacking. He tried with a longer sefo on him and ibaka dominating the paint.

dg7md
06-06-2012, 11:40 PM
You stupid motherfucker.

You really felt okay with Parker taking shots you know he can't make that many times in the second half? I know I'm not seeing things, I saw him take a lot of horrible shots that he doesn't make that often.

Ginobili did too, but not as many, and he is far more clutch than Parker ever was.

Parker is not consistent in the post-season. He was figured out and settled for shots he just can't make.

TwelveGs210
06-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Take that "sons" shit downstairs faggot, they appreciate gay ass shit there.

TheProfessor
06-06-2012, 11:42 PM
If anything, Parker tired from carrying this team on his shoulders in the first half. His jumper just wasn't falling in the second. Ridiculous to go after him for this loss.

dg7md
06-06-2012, 11:43 PM
He choked... he's too young to get the "tired" excuse when Stephen Jackson is older and did not take shots he cannot make.

100%duncan
06-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Wow. Shut up.

SnakeBoy
06-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Remember the old Tony Parker that never went for jumpers? The one that ALWAYS went to the hoop, drew a foul? That Parker was not here tonight in the end.

I remember that old Parker. His big weakness was he didn't have a jumper and was rendered useless against teams that could protect the rim. Spurs would have been swept in this series if that Parker was here you stupid motherfucker.

dg7md
06-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Parker didn't have a jumper tonight... No need to get mad at me for saying that Parker felt like he was a Kobe Bryant clutch artist out there with his bricks. He made a lot of poor shots down the stretch and cost us the game.

Sure we still might not have won, but we would have been a lot better off if the floor was spread more with better passes. Parker was careless in the second half and buckled into survivor mode too early.

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2012, 12:05 AM
how about gino this game, 10pts only...

lets be consistent with the hating fellas

tesseractive
06-07-2012, 12:08 AM
So how many "real" point guards do you think there are in the league right now? 2?

Tony still legitimately earned his second team all-NBA spot and his MVP votes. And there are an awful lot of teams that would love to have Tony starting for them at point guard right now. And the Thunder scheming to stop him created opportunities for other players -- unfortunately, we couldn't take enough advantage of them.

We're a couple of players short still, and that's unfortunate. But he's still a very useful guy to have -- don't doubt that for a second.

Dingle Barry
06-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Retarded thread.

dg7md
06-07-2012, 12:23 AM

Of course. Ginobili didn't do much but game 5 redeemed him in my eyes despite his lackluster performance in game 6. He tried.

Parker just tried to be a star tonight over trying to win the game. No need to jump on me saying "fuck you", "you're dumb", etc. when in the end I saw that Parker stepped back in his progress and basically had yet another second half that was utterly useless. It's very disappointing.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Fuck you. You're dumb. Etc.

DPG21920
06-07-2012, 01:11 AM
What Chump said.

dg7md
06-07-2012, 01:12 AM
Parker will continue to ruin our playoff chances by taking asinine shots in the clutch because he thinks he's a superstar player now. He's an all-star player, but is just not on the caliber to make those big shots he attempted to make.

He has never been amazing in the playoffs aside from a few games, this goes back to the 2007 championship run as well.

Spurologist
06-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Simply put. Fuck off

dg7md
06-07-2012, 01:15 AM
He took 27 shots, and made 12 of them, including very poorly managed shots that could have been used to go to the paint or pass to someone else.

That is not good.

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2012, 01:17 AM
IMO, you got it wrong chief. Spurs don't get to this point w/out Tony playing the way he does. Nobody is perfect, but his game is not hurting us. No need to blame anybody. We just lost to a better team.

ur an idiot if you think parker is the sole reason we are even advancing each round...

you remove duncan and you wont have 4 rings, the pg is always replaceable, while a big who can anchor the team is hard to find

ManuSupraTurbo
06-07-2012, 01:23 AM
you must be on crack, Tony helped us get to this point

dg7md
06-07-2012, 01:25 AM
you must be on crack, Tony helped us get to this point

So did Danny Green. Where were they in the end? Where are we now? We can't just say Tony helped us and we give him no blame.

Green is a punchline now, but Parker gets a pass?

Parker has not really done well this series and he continues to get a pass for his regular season play? I'm living in the now and see that Parker is starting to think he is some great shooting player that has to put the team on his back to get a win.

For the record, Manu sucked this series too, but he at least didn't pretend to do things he couldn't do in the first place. Plus he's a lot older.

BatManu20
06-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Stfu Parker is a top 5 PG in the league and has helped us raise 3 banners. You don't know shit.

timvp
06-07-2012, 02:01 AM
You stupid motherfucker.

dg7md
06-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Stfu Parker is a top 5 PG in the league and has helped us raise 3 banners. You don't know shit.

Helped... Duncan was why. Parker was terrible in our 2003 campaign, I know he was new, but there's a lot of reasons why we won in our years and I wouldn't pin Parker as a real reason for any of them.

Great PGs are a lot easier to find than Hall of Fame Power Forwards. We would not have won those title if not for Tim Duncan.

Parker is not a top 5 PG in the post season. Not this year. Rondo is a much better "Tony Parker" then Parker himself.

When the team is on Parker's shoulders these past few years, where has he been? Where have we been?

-21-
06-07-2012, 02:21 AM
Get a real backup point guard

fify idiot

spurraider21
06-07-2012, 02:23 AM
tony was far and away our best player this season, and he's by far the youngest of our big 3. Danny Green's disappearing act hurt the most. his defense is solid and his outside shooting really helped our team all year. if his shot didn't fall off the map he would have been valuable on both ends. i would imagine he would have done decently on harden defensively

T Park
06-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Who is this alleged player they're supposed to trade for?

romain.star
06-07-2012, 02:32 AM

??

Are you drunk?

sehui
06-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Danny Green really hurt us,

but Spurs fan and NBA analysts totally overrated Tony Parker. He's been the same player the past 4 years, after the finals MVP trophy. He hasn't gotten any better talent-wise. He just had a injury-free season, as an offensive no 1. option on the Spurs.

If you thought Parker was MVP talent this season, why shouldn't he be any other season the past 4 years?

He was just Parker being Parker, so it's only natural he'd struggle against a big physical frontcourt. It has happened EVERYTIME. The Lakers back in 08? The Grizz last year? We lucked out by getting the novice Jazz and the beaten up and one trick pony Clippers.

I'm not criticizing Tony, he played very well - but seriously, what did you expect when he went cold this series? It's nothing new people.

I'm definitely far from the biggest TP fan ( he's my least fave out of the big 3), but to put the sole blame on him is ridiculous.

Did Spurs fan seriously expect TP to rise to like a number 1 PG in the league at the age of 30?

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2012, 02:46 AM
lets get this out of teh way

without parker replace by another pg, you guys think we wont be a playoff team advancing???

tp gets so much credit is fkn bullshit, i give him credit for pickin up his game when gino was out, but after the trade deadline his still the same player since day 1....

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2012, 02:50 AM
PG's don't win titles. Anyway, Parker fits perfectly for the Spurs. He knows the team and he provides consistent scoring, something the Spurs need, since they are a scoring team and their other scoring guard (Manu) is rather inconsistent.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Danny Green really hurt us,

but Spurs fan and NBA analysts totally overrated Tony Parker. He's been the same player the past 4 years, after the finals MVP trophy. He hasn't gotten any better talent-wise. He just had a injury-free season, as an offensive no 1. option on the Spurs.

The media doesn't know shit and many analysts don't either. It was the same thing when Manu was getting significant MVP voting. Manu has been Manu, and the Spurs have been great in these past 2 seasons not really because of one individual, valuable player. It's been team basketball. But the media always wants to credit an individual for a team's success when they're having an outstanding season, and that's simply how the NBA is marketed, it's all about the individual.

tesseractive
06-07-2012, 03:11 AM
Parker is not a top 5 PG in the post season. Not this year. Rondo is a much better "Tony Parker" then Parker himself.
Who exactly are these 5 better postseason point guards?

Let's say we save time and concede Rose, Paul, and Rondo. That's three.

Don't say Deron Williams -- he hasn't been to the postseason since 2009, and he hasn't won a playoff series since 2008. He can't possibly be a top 5 postseason point guard.

Don't say Westbrook -- he's still a shitty decision maker who made his team better this series primarily by taking the ball out of his own hands and giving it to Durant. If you don't like Parker's decision making, you'd like Westbrook's even less.

Parker totally destroyed Devin Harris head-to-head in the first round this year.

Jameer Nelson is nowhere close to Parker.

Aside from Kidd, Billups, Iverson, and Nash, who are all pretty well washed up at this point, that's the entire list of All-Star point guards for the last 5 years.

In summary:

(1) You're a complete fucktard if you don't think Parker is a top-5 point guard based on the criteria you yourself defined.

(2) The idea that what we should be doing is trying to pry the franchise players loose from other playoff teams who would never trade their franchise player is the stupidest thing ever.

(3) This is basically like saying that Kawhi Leonard is a piece of shit because LeBron and Durant exist, and we should just go get one of them instead.

So why don't you shut the fuck up before you embarrass yourself even more than you already have?

Jumi
06-07-2012, 03:15 AM
Who exactly are these 5 better postseason point guards?

Let's say we save time and concede Rose, Paul, and Rondo. That's three.

Don't say Deron Williams -- he hasn't been to the postseason since 2009, and he hasn't won a playoff series since 2008. He can't possibly be a top 5 postseason point guard.

Don't say Westbrook -- he's still a shitty decision maker who made his team better this series primarily by taking the ball out of his own hands and giving it to Durant. If you don't like Parker's decision making, you'd like Westbrook's even less.

Parker totally destroyed Devin Harris head-to-head in the first round this year.

Jameer Nelson is nowhere close to Parker.

Aside from Kidd, Billups, Iverson, and Nash, who are all pretty well washed up at this point, that's the entire list of All-Star point guards for the last 5 years.

In summary:

(1) You're a complete fucktard if you don't think Parker is a top-5 point guard based on the criteria you yourself defined.

(2) The idea that what we should be doing is trying to pry the franchise players loose from other playoff teams who would never trade their franchise player is the stupidest thing ever.

(3) This is basically like saying that Kawhi Leonard is a piece of shit because LeBron and Durant exist, and we should just go get one of them instead.

So why don't you shut the fuck up before you embarrass yourself even more than you already have?
I like you already!

_jin
06-07-2012, 03:55 AM
we would be gone fishing 1 month ago if it wasn't for TP

itsamanuthree
06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
we would be gone fishing 1 month ago if it wasn't for TP

You never know, assuming you have another PG replacing Parker, of course. But, anyway, Parker is not being traded, not a chance, he's a franchise player and you don't trade those by definition, not even after a holywoodian scandal...

Parker is an incredible scorer, a fantastic athlete, an extremely talented individual, a fairly ambitious competitor and he has, of course, carried the team this far.

The problem is he is very imature, he always wanted to be a star the way holywood or rock stars are and now is quite obvious he's not changing, even after all this years of Pop yelling at him. Pop said, I think it was during the third quarter, something like "we need you to score but also to get the team involved". Well, that's pretty much the whole problem, that doesn't come naturally out of him, and since it is a Point Guard you're talking about, the ball distributor, the brain of your team, it's not a small problem. Even when he assists, he wants to be the star, he can't see opportunities for the team past that, either I score, or the guy I give the ball to does (unless specefically told to do anything else, for example "give the ball to Manu"). And he has always secretly competed against the shooting guard, despite Manu not doing the same. You see, it's Manu the guy in this team who knows how to get every teammate involved, but that should be Parker's job.

That's it, call me a hater, whatever, I don't hate him. Well, maybe just a little bit.