PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs WILL be back

skulls138
06-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Nobody thought they wouldve gotten this far after last years exit and look what happened. If the Spurs were motivated enough to come back after that, then I think theyll be motivated enough to come back next year, but with alot more knowledge. Yes everyones one year older but Parker is not that old and Duncan is unbelievably motivated and we have a sky's the limit rookie in Kawhi. Weve also got alot of trade bate in which I think we'll get someone good. Ginobili is my question mark, will he be motivated enough?

PublicOption
06-07-2012, 01:20 AM
What does it matter when the league is bullshit. That game was the nbA telling Duncan, parker and ginobili there not wanted anymore.

dg7md
06-07-2012, 01:20 AM
I do believe that we will be back, but so will other teams. We have a shot next year but really, this was our best chance. Too many players failed in the clutch. We had this series, but they let it get away. I won't mention the referees.

OKC has a great team, but lesser teams have beaten better teams before just because they seized a moment.

We will be back, but I don't know if we'll be as good or as ready as we were this year.

PublicOption
06-07-2012, 01:22 AM
Sucker

BatManu20
06-07-2012, 01:43 AM
The Thunder will be even better next year.. Unless the Spurs somehow get anther great big man, it ain't happening. We had a good run though, really can't complain. They accomplished more than anybody could've imagined.

TXstbobcat
06-07-2012, 08:17 AM
We will see the Thunder again next year in the WCF.

KaiRMD1
06-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Spurs will always come back and hopefully, learn from this year's mistakes.

thispego
06-07-2012, 10:18 AM
NBA will never let the big 3 win another championship. EVER. it's ova.

100%duncan
06-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Sadly but no.

DarrinS
06-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Nope, this era of Spurs basketball is over. I enjoyed it while it lasted.

mexicanjunior
06-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Unless the Spurs can pull off some kind of Laker-Gasol like trade this offseason...they won't be good enough to contend next year. Outside of Duncan and Diaw, Pop does not have any big man on the bench he trusts to play in an elimination game more than a few minutes.

LongtimeSpursFan
06-07-2012, 10:30 AM
We will see the Thunder again next year in the WCF.

This. The Spurs are still a talented team that has had the best record in the NBA for the last two years. We still have a deep bench and our big 3. We just need Parker to continue to play the same basketball he did this year. We need Leonard to take his game to the next level. He was maybe the third or fourth best rookie this year. Hopefully he spends tons of time in the gym to develop his finishing skills. As long as he is he should be dunking that ball every time he goes to the basket. I would love to see him get better around the rim and continue to improve on his defense and rebounding. Finally, we need a true back up point guard. A point guard that can distribue the ball and play some defense. With as many offensive weapons/shooters he doesnt need great offensive skills.

With those three areas covered we will continue to be a top 4 team in the league and hopefully see the Thunder in the WCF again next year.

Leetonidas
06-07-2012, 10:32 AM
tbh the Spurs need to break up the big three. I doubt anyone will want Ginobili so it's probably time to trade Parker and try to rebuild. We know Tim isn't going anywhere

Legacy
06-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Spurs will always come back and hopefully, learn from this year's mistakes.

:tu

Poolboy5623
06-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Lots of optimism in this thread, which is a good thing. I just dont think the path to the Finals will EVER be as easy as it was for the Spurs this season. To me, this was the last run..nothing wrong with being competitive but thats about all the Spurs will be. enjoy it though because in another couple of years they will be hoping for lightening to strike a 3rd time lol(draft lottery).

GrandeDavid
06-07-2012, 01:01 PM
What does it matter when the league is bullshit. That game was the nbA telling Duncan, parker and ginobili there not wanted anymore.

That definitely appeared to be a corruptly or incompetently and biased officiated game.

Thomas3
06-07-2012, 01:50 PM
I'll hope the Spurs get an athletic center next year and play some defence like they used to.

spursince#99
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
when you're so dominant for so long how do you began to rebuild? You can't just dispose the big 3 with what they've given us. This is so hard, but I honestly don't know what to make of this team going forward. Either way I'll still be here rooting them on.

dbreiden83080
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
If they keep the team intact they will have a top 3 record again in the west probably but with the shortened season this was the best shot at number 5... This was it..

Horse
06-07-2012, 02:13 PM
For sure alot of thinga besides the refs had to break just right for okc like ibaka 11-11 so many bad shots they took that went in. then another yr of development for kahwi, splitter and jax and diaw are more comfortable. An athletic big would be nice but we'll be fine. As far as the refs I'm not sure what we can do about that.

DeadlyDynasty
06-07-2012, 02:14 PM
For sure alot of thinga besides the refs had to break just right for okc like ibaka 11-11 so many bad shots they took that went in. then another yr of development for kahwi, splitter and jax and diaw are more comfortable. An athletic big would be nice but we'll be fine. As far as the refs I'm not sure what we can do about that.

Not blow 18-pt leads, for starters...

cd98
06-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Spurs have enough talent to keep being a very good, but not great team.

Rummpd
06-07-2012, 02:23 PM
It is also hard to continue to play 5 on 8. Only chance Spurs have now to come out of the West would be a year with major injuries and honestly, Pop's wierd coaching in the playoffs and not developing bigs, also his ongoing love of small ball and parking players in his "doghouse" - means this was probably the final sad and terrible run for a team that deserved one last chance on the finals stage.

Budkin
06-07-2012, 02:45 PM
We need to shed dead weight and get defenders.

spurraider21
06-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Whoever is saying our era is over, tel me which western conference team is going to really step up. Memphis wants to trade gay, the lakers are in financial hell. Maybe the clippers/mavs. But the spurs should still be at least a top 3-4 seed and once ur in the playoffs it's a matter of getting hot

DeadlyDynasty
06-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Whoever is saying our era is over, tel me which western conference team is going to really step up. Memphis wants to trade gay, the lakers are in financial hell. Maybe the clippers/mavs. But the spurs should still be at least a top 3-4 seed and once ur in the playoffs it's a matter of getting hot

The gap between the Spurs/Lakers and Thunder is going to continue to grow as their stars enter their primes and ours file for social security. So sure...you could land a 2nd or 3rd seed, but it'll be like the Lakers from 2008-2010 where it was them and everybody else--but for a longer period of time, in OKC's case.

z0sa
06-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Spurs aren't done. They just blew their biggest chance by far.

Legacy
06-07-2012, 03:42 PM
B-b-but The Celtics are way older than we are, guys. Come on. :cry