PDA

View Full Version : which is worse

davidbowie
06-07-2012, 01:58 AM
getting beat by an 8th seed last year in the first round or blowing a 2-0 lead in the WCF this year. i can't decide. :bang

:depressed

BatManu20
06-07-2012, 02:00 AM
This year, easily. To go from winning 20 straight games and looking basically unbeatable and having the media finally showing you love that you felt like you've deserved for years to losing 4 straight games in choking fashion is embarrassing. Last year was a bad matchup for us and Manu was hurt. this year there were no excuses. Our role players just suddenly died when we needed them most. Everything pointed to this being our year, and then we just collapsed on ourselves. This was more than likely our last shot at another banner and we pissed it away. Gotta give credit where credit is due though. Thunder played well.

TDomination
06-07-2012, 02:03 AM
This year by a mile.

We were healthy, we were great. We were a championship caliber team. We just got out right beat by a phenomenal team :(

Jumi
06-07-2012, 02:04 AM
This year. Memphis kicked our ass and Manu was hurt. We had no momentum last year. This was ours for the taking and the NBA took it from us!

baseline bum
06-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Are you guys serious? 2011 was a completely wasted year after they blew $40 million on Jefferson. Even in defeat this year's team was pretty amazing to watch.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2012, 02:14 AM
2012 because 2011 Manu had a fractured elbow and missed game 1. This year, the Spurs had a GREAT chance to win another mother fucking NBA title, the perfect way to ride out into the sunset for the TOSBs, proving the whole world wrong. They were up 2-0 against the next best team, AKA they were gonna beat whoever came out of the east, in my opinion. I think they would've matched up well against either team.

mosdef17
06-07-2012, 02:15 AM
Last year we under performed, this year we over performed. You have to say this year was much more enjoyable from a fans perspective. I come out of this loss pretty proud of our group. I'm not coming out of it wondering how ZBo hit those clutch 3's and how Tony Allen lit us up. This series was as entertaining a series as I can remember, you have to go back to the Spurs-Suns blockbusters a few years ago to compare any Spurs series to this. Yes we lost, but we were damn good this year.

Last year is full of 'what ifs' and this season all questions were answered, we were full strength. All you can ask for is a chance to succeed and we got that, we just ran into a really really good team led by one of the top ten scorers in NBA history.

TE
06-07-2012, 02:22 AM
This year.

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2012, 02:25 AM
2012 was the best run ive ever witness

allowed alot of the old time posters to remember and relive 03 with the same outcome for certain players on the team

baseline bum
06-07-2012, 02:29 AM
Last season we were watching a dead tired and dying team be put out of its misery. This season we saw a really good team get bested by a great one. I don't see how anyone can call the latter worse.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-07-2012, 02:32 AM
this year and its not even close

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2012, 02:32 AM
I am fucking asspained. I haven't believed like this in what feels like such a long time, it brought me back to the days when the Spurs always made deep title runs, staying up late right in front of the TV watching great execution. This series could have gone either way, it was very winnable. OKC simply played better when it mattered. Being up 2-0, I thought the Spurs would snag 1 in OKC and didn't think home court would make such a huge difference.

Chase_the_Bass
06-07-2012, 02:33 AM
I feel much better this year. I was bad after that Memphis series...

cheney212
06-07-2012, 02:34 AM
this years loss hurt way worse.....thinking that the spurs would win in 6 to go to the finals :(. Fuck i wanted another title shot, the door for another championship is almost closed.

sehui
06-07-2012, 02:35 AM
The Grizzlies for sure.

We got beat pretty much fair and square this year.

Last year, some punk 8th seed purposely tanked to face us, and abused mismatches.

ElNono
06-07-2012, 02:36 AM
:lol last year was terrible, even more so since going in we already knew the team had no shot at anything...

baseline bum
06-07-2012, 02:36 AM
After last year it felt like the team was way too old and had no shot whatsoever of surviving an NBA season. It really did look like it was time to completely blow the roster up. Now we have seen with good management of minutes and some luck that we can still have a pretty good team to watch. The title window is slammed shut, but it was pretty cool seeing it open for a couple of months when no one was expecting it.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Last season we were watching a dead tired and dying team be put out of its misery. This season we saw a really good team get bested by a great one. I don't see how anyone can call the latter worse.

Because of the "what could have been" argument, tbh. Last year Parker wasn't playing like this and Manu's elbow was fractured.

This year, Tony played extremely well, Tim played the best basketball he's played in the past 3 years, and the bench was very deep. We had so many shooters, added a solid and versatile big in Diaw, 2 tough defenders in Jackson and Leonard, and Green was playing well in his role. The Spurs were dominating the entire league and were up 2-0 in the series that gets them to the Finals, where they would have likely beaten either team (in my opinion these Spurs match up well with either east teams). I didn't take it as a given, but seeing the Spurs have such a great probability to get there and then witnessing it all slide away in 4 straight games sucked. Would've been my favorite championship of any sport, the Spurs proving the world wrong winning their final championship of this era with aging stars.

Last year was a fool's gold team, this year was the real deal and finishing with nothing after having the #1 seed 2 years in a row is upsetting.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2012, 02:46 AM
After last year it felt like the team was way too old and had no shot whatsoever of surviving an NBA season. It really did look like it was time to completely blow the roster up. Now we have seen with good management of minutes and some luck that we can still have a pretty good team to watch. The title window is slammed shut, but it was pretty cool seeing it open for a couple of months when no one was expecting it.

This is my whole point. Imagine the Spurs shocking the world, winning a title in the season after being eliminated in the first round, winning a championship against 2 great teams, in such a dominating manner, running train through most of the playoffs.

It was like towards the end of the year the Spurs were saying to everyone, "Yeah, we're not fuckin' playin' around anymore".

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2012, 02:48 AM
last season team we overachieved as a regular season team, we werent going to amount to anything in the playoffs....

davidbowie
06-07-2012, 08:25 AM
i woke up this morning and for like half a second i had forgotten we lost. and then a huge rush of sadness came over me and now im depressed. heh. yeah i guess it's this year for sure.

TXstbobcat
06-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Last year was harder for me to take as a fan. This was such a fun season to watch as a spurs fan. League pass was definately worth ordering this year.

thispego
06-07-2012, 08:34 AM
spurs didn't blow a 2-0 lead, they got jobbed by the league. last year was worse.