06-07-2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_kevin_garnett.jpg
Born: May 19, 1976
Height: 6-11 / 2.11
Weight: 253 lbs. / 114.8 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country:
Farragut Academy HS (IL) / USA
Years Pro: 16

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_garnett/career_stats.html)

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-09-2012, 10:15 AM
I can totally see the Spurs offering him a short-term deal to try and last a couple years, assuming they strike out in getting young talent.

SamoanTD
06-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Very interesting choice I would only take him if we also got a young athletic big as well for insurance.

CGD
06-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Man that would be awesome. Talk about a tough, vertan tested front court of TD, KG, and SJax. He'll stay in Boston though.

Bruno
06-09-2012, 03:39 PM
The only way is will leave Boston is if Celtics decides to blow their team off and start to rebuild their team. In that case, there is the whole Duncan/Garnett hate relationship that will make it harder for SA to get him.

Aside of that, Garnett would be a terrific addition.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-09-2012, 04:01 PM
The only way is will leave Boston is if Celtics decides to blow their team off and start to rebuild their team. In that case, there is the whole Duncan/Garnett hate relationship that will make it harder for SA to get him.

Not to mention the whole Garnett/Peter Holt hate thing.

"You haven't suffered enough yet"
-Peter Holt, NBA management committee

-21-
06-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Obviously a longshot but I'd love to have him on the team. Almost a perfect fit imo.

blkroadrunners
06-10-2012, 08:25 PM
If Garnett and Duncan & the Spurs staff can work out their differences, I'd love to have him on board and he'd be a terrific fit.

Easier said than done though. His demeanor completely contrasts what the SA organization implement.

SamoanTD
06-10-2012, 09:39 PM
If Garnett and Duncan & the Spurs staff can work out their differences, I'd love to have him on board and he'd be a terrific fit.

Easier said than done though. His demeanor completely contrasts what the SA organization implement.

It's cool to have a good team but u need 2-3 crazy people like Jackson.

tesseractive
06-11-2012, 12:39 AM
It's cool to have a good team but u need 2-3 crazy people like Jackson.

This. He would fit like Jack fits. He works hard, busts his ass, and is super-intense, and pretty much everyone not named Wally Szcerbiak has loved having him as a teammate.

I'm deeply skeptical that we could get him, but man would that be a murderer's row of over-the-hill dudes.

Mr Bones
06-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Probably my least favorite star in the NBA. I'm so tired of hearing about how his "intensity" is essential to winning. Kareem didn't act like Garnett and won 6 titles, Hakeem didn't act like him and won 2 titles, Duncan doesn't act like him, and won 4, etc., etc... Garnett has one. Talented player, no doubt, but I'd hate to see someone who behaves like a classless moron tarnish the Spurs. Duncan dislikes him for a reason... and I trust Duncan on this one.

Bruno
06-30-2012, 09:50 AM
https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/

Celtics to re-sign forward Kevin Garnett to a three-year, $34 million deal, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

It gives an idea about what Duncan should/could get.

racm
06-30-2012, 09:52 AM
https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/

It gives an idea about what Duncan should/could get.

2 years/23 million or the same amount as KG gets should be good.

dylankerouac
06-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Bruno if Tim signs a deal like this, do you think the third year would be something like a team or player option? Maybe even something with guaranteed money on that final year?

Mel_13
06-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Now people can give up two fantasies:

1. KG to San Antonio.

2. TD signing an MLE sized deal.

Bruno
06-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Bruno if Tim signs a deal like this, do you think the third year would be something like a team or player option? Maybe even something with guaranteed money on that final year?

If there is a third year in Duncan's new contract, it will likely be a player option.

CGD
06-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Set the market for TD. I love TD but I hope his deal doesn't include a 3rd year.

Andthentherewas21
06-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Now people can give up two fantasies:

1. KG to San Antonio.

2. TD signing an MLE sized deal.

But it gives rise to the "Trade Tiago, Neal, Bonner, Blair, and every other unwanted Spurs player" for KG fantasy