06-07-2012, 01:47 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_kyrylo_fesenko.jpg
Born: Dec 24, 1986
Height: 7-1 / 2.16
Weight: 280 lbs. / 127.0 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country:
Cherkaski / Ukraine
Years Pro: 4

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kyrylo_fesenko/career_stats.html)

ace3g
09-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Kyrylo Fesenko

On the big man front, a source says 7-foot-1, 280-pound Ukrainian center Kyrylo Fesenko is scheduled to work out for San Antonio next week. The Spurs aren't the only team wanting a look at the 25-year-old, though, as Fesenko -- who spent most of last season on Indiana's bench after playing his first four seasons in Utah -- may work out in Cleveland soon thereafter. There have also been discussions with Miami and Atlanta.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/09/12/matt-barnes-kenyon-martin-remaining-free-agents/index.html#ixzz26IiDA1jH

Dex
09-12-2012, 06:31 PM
15 pages, here we come.

ace3g
09-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Well at least he will have stepped foot in a Spurs gym, something we can't say for Blatche...

Wild Cobra Kai
09-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Career 2/2 with attitude problems. Be still my heart.

jon123spurs
09-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Let's see 7-1 280 center I say why not anything better than fucking Bonner and fatass Blair.

Maddog
09-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Big white guy that Utah didn't wan"t to keep?
That smells fishy

Seventyniner
09-12-2012, 07:06 PM
^Utah actually has plenty of bigs.

Fesenko wouldn't like playing 3rd-string center, though. All he'd be good for is 6 fouls on Dwight Howard.

Bruno
09-12-2012, 07:16 PM
:tu
Spurs need another big dude to face a team like Lakers.

T Park
09-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Career 2/2 with attitude problems. Be still my heart.

Who is the all star big man they're missing out on?

I see Spurstalk is still the same since June.

timtonymanu
09-12-2012, 08:05 PM

:lol What does that have to do with what he said?

:lol you always finding a reason to be pompous

8FOR!3
09-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Fesenko's a workhorse. He's big, athletic, strong, isn't going to show up on the stat sheets but he can help your team win games. I think he would be just as solid at center as Andray Blatche would've at PF. It's all about what position you want.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-12-2012, 08:50 PM

There isn't one. I'm not looking for one, either. I'm just hoping for something better than 7 foot and can walk upright. There are 20,000 humans of that height on the planet, and somewhere around 60 big man jobs in the NBA. That cannot be the driving criteria.

The attitude problems are the the cherry on top.

Em-City
09-12-2012, 08:59 PM
this guy is so fucking slow, he makes bonner look like a jamaican sprinter.

loveforthegame
09-12-2012, 09:18 PM
I like. Not perfect but a big upgrade over Bonner and Blair.

Spurs da champs
09-12-2012, 09:20 PM
He's 6 fouls.

Dex
09-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Spurs considering Blatche...."Guy is a scrub!"

Spurs looking at unknown 6'9 forward...."Guy is too small!"

Spurs looking at 7'1 center....."Guy is too slow!"

Some of you just won't be happy unless we sign an All-Star Center...so I guess some of you just won't be happy.

Like it or not, the Spurs are shopping the bargain bin right now. The best we can hope for is a relatively unknown figure to emerge, and those chances are somewhere between slim or none. The more likely scenario is we find either a run of the mill big guy, or we go to battle with the weapons we brought last year.

Em-City
09-12-2012, 09:52 PM

Some of you just won't be happy unless we sign an All-Star Center...so I guess some of you just won't be happy.

Like it or not, the Spurs are shopping the bargain bin right now. The best we can hope for is a relatively unknown figure to emerge, and those chances are somewhere between slim or none. The more likely scenario is we find either a run of the mill big guy, or we go to battle with the weapons we brought last year.

I would have much rather taken blatche - he has the mobility the modern game demands from a big man.

i'm not saying no to fesenko, only because we're in a situation where beggars can't be choosers but for him to be a legitimate NBA player he'll need to lose at least 30lbs and work on moving his feet defensively.

Cane
09-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Gotta hack-a-Dwight somehow

:depressed

-21-
09-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Well, he's bigger than anyone on the team.

jjktkk
09-12-2012, 10:26 PM

You would think this simple explanation is written in brail, the way some on here continue to struggle understanding this realization.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Fine as 6th big but not a difference maker.

So much hate for Grizzly from some people - he's a very serviceable big man playing with the right frontcourt partner. He's just not a great fit for what we have.

sananspursfan21
09-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Spurs need another big dude to face a team like Lakers.

i'd give almost anybody over 7 ft. a shot at this point. he's pretty good in the 2k series?

Bruno
09-13-2012, 07:03 AM
It might be a counter intuitive move but to solve their weakness at the PF slot, getting more depth at the SF and C spot might be an answer.

Most of the contenders will play unorthodox lineups without a traditional PF. Lakers will basically plays with 2 centers and a lot of teams like Thunder, Heat, Mavs, Nuggets.. will play with a SF or a SF-like player at the PF slot for long stretches of the game. Against these unorthodox lineups, Spurs won't have the quality at the PF slot to dictate matchups. They will have to follow the other team by going big (pairing Duncan and Splitter) or by going small (putting Kawhi or Jack at the 4 slot). Getting more depth at SF and C will help these adjustments because Spurs are currently only 2 deep at these spots.

For example, signing Derrick Brown and Fesenko, who both work out for Spurs, will be a decent end of the season. Spurs will need too to trade away Neal to free up a roster spot but it's a move Spurs should do in any case to clear their problematic logjam at the guard spots.

Seventyniner
09-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Fortunately, Kawhi and Jack make great smallball 4s.

Unfortunately, Pop has given Duncan and Splitter so little burn together that we still don't know what we have with that lineup. Pop started to see the light last season, but hopefully he gives them more time together early in the season to increase the lineup's familiarity and chemistry.

Kyrylo "6 fouls" Fesenko would just be an emergency backup against big teams. He's too slow to effectively guard Howard.

tdunk21
09-13-2012, 08:25 AM

8FOR!3
09-13-2012, 09:21 AM
He's not THAT slow. For a guy who's 7'1 280 he's considered fairly mobile.

ace3g
09-13-2012, 10:22 AM
It might be a counter intuitive move but to solve their weakness at the PF slot, getting more depth at the SF and C spot might be an answer.

Most of the contenders will play unorthodox lineups without a traditional PF. Lakers will basically plays with 2 centers and a lot of teams like Thunder, Heat, Mavs, Nuggets.. will play with a SF or a SF-like player at the PF slot for long stretches of the game. Against these unorthodox lineups, Spurs won't have the quality at the PF slot to dictate matchups. They will have to follow the other team by going big (pairing Duncan and Splitter) or by going small (putting Kawhi or Jack at the 4 slot). Getting more depth at SF and C will help these adjustments because Spurs are currently only 2 deep at these spots.

For example, signing Derrick Brown and Fesenko, who both work out for Spurs, will be a decent end of the season. Spurs will need too to trade away Neal to free up a roster spot but it's a move Spurs should do in any case to clear their problematic logjam at the guard spots.

This was the main reason I wanted the Spurs to sign Dominic McGuire, he would be perfect against the likes of Heat and Thunder.

dbestpro
09-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Fortunately, Kawhi and Jack make great smallball 4s.

Unfortunately, Pop has given Duncan and Splitter so little burn together that we still don't know what we have with that lineup. Pop started to see the light last season, but hopefully he gives them more time together early in the season to increase the lineup's familiarity and chemistry.

Kyrylo "6 fouls" Fesenko would just be an emergency backup against big teams. He's too slow to effectively guard Howard.

To effectively guard Howard you foul him in a manner where it is not and one. Fesenko would be perfect for this.

crc21209
09-13-2012, 05:57 PM
He's a 7 foot big man. I'd take him ANY day over Blair and Bonner...

CGD
09-13-2012, 06:01 PM
If this guys could get his act together, I think he could be a poor man's Omer Asik on D which would be great news. I'm not so high on the fact that a solid program like the Jazz couldnt whip him into shape though.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-14-2012, 12:45 AM

Good point, bruno. :tu

Russo21
09-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Bring that motherfucker onboard. That is all.

Amuseddaysleeper
09-15-2012, 09:22 AM
b9D2PQdRPiw

Hell Yeah

:ihit:ihit

spursince#99
09-15-2012, 12:46 PM
You guys that don't want this guy on your team are idiots. This guy is more physical and just all around better than Splitter.

007nites
09-15-2012, 04:48 PM
He's 7-1.

Remember the rule? No signing players who are above 6'9".

007nites
09-15-2012, 04:50 PM
He's not THAT slow. For a guy who's 7'1 280 he's considered fairly mobile.

Even though he's mobile he doesn't really know what he's doing.

gambit1990
09-15-2012, 05:19 PM
i guess i'm for signing him. he's 7'1", physical... and not like there's much else to choose from.

iManu
09-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Admitted that he has no confidence shooting free throws.

Where do we sign?

SpurPadre
09-15-2012, 05:59 PM
How could some fans not want this guy? Scouting reports on him say he's a solid passer for a big man and that he always looks for the open man with a higher percentage shot opportunity, so we know he'll blend in with this team full of quality passers just on that basis alone. Then you add the obvious fact that he's a 7 footer with reports of his tendency to be aggressive down-low defensively and as being quick on his feet (for a guy his size). I'm not expecting him to be an All-Star but he would seem to be a fitting addition to this team and has got to be more useful in the playoffs than Bonner. And again, he's FUCKING 7 FEET TALL.

Sense
09-15-2012, 06:08 PM
You guys that don't want this guy on your team are idiots. This guy is more physical and just all around better than Splitter.

:lol

I can understand people not wanting him, I just can't understand the idiots thinking he's better than Splitter.

As far as my take?

7-1, big body... physical... Spurs could always use a big big.

Fireball
09-17-2012, 04:05 AM
Just sign him ...

SenorSpur
09-17-2012, 09:25 AM
WTF are they waiting on? Sign the kid.

Ditty
09-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Were not going to do anything Matt Bonner and Blair will be getting 25+ minutes a game and were going to flame out in the second round.

Duncan2177
09-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Were not going to do anything Matt Bonner and Blair will be getting 25+ minutes a game and were going to flame out in the second round.

More like the first round.:rolleyes

Strategic
09-17-2012, 07:28 PM
It appears the Spurs are waiting for some one who will sign on for next to nothing. Maybe this is that shining star?

maddnezz
09-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Dunking in traffic, damn near every time he gets the ball is a plus but Pop is just to stupid to see this. Hell if Irc he did well agints us too. Stupid Pop!

Maddog
09-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Hmm
5 years in the league only played in 135 games
Has only had double figure rebounds once, foul prone (7.3 fouls/36minutes)
On his second round as a free agent and attracting minimal interest

therealtruth
09-18-2012, 07:16 AM

Don't forget we got Diaw now and we can play small ball with Jax or KL at the 4. Even if we don't get another big there's not much reason to go back to Blair/Bonner other than to help raise their trade value.

SenorSpur
09-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Anything that could potentially push Bonner off this roster, I'm all for it.

dylankerouac
09-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Yes please. We could use some more nasty.

He's young and can still learn a lot.