PDA

View Full Version : well, no more NBA for me

vander
06-07-2012, 03:11 PM
haven't liked Stern's star-driven, one-on-one, ref-dictated, basketball-like entertainment product for a long time now.

I've probably watched less than 5 hours of non-Spurs, non-Steve Nash NBA basketball in the last 5-6 years, and now that they are done, so am I.

I'll always be a Spurs fan, and I'll follow the moves they make, but I will not support the NBA

so take that! Stern

silverblk mystix
06-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Completely understandable.

I have often contemplated the exact same thing.

DeadlyDynasty
06-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Your retarded takes won't be missed. Stay out of the NFL Forum too, k thx.

cheguevara
06-07-2012, 03:15 PM
then again

there's always LOLITALY

SA210
06-07-2012, 03:16 PM
haven't liked Stern's star-driven, one-on-one, ref-dictated, basketball-like entertainment product for a long time now.

I've probably watched less than 5 hours of non-Spurs, non-Steve Nash NBA basketball in the last 5-6 years, and now that they are done, so am I.

I'll always be a Spurs fan, and I'll follow the moves they make, but I will not support the NBA

so take that! Stern

I don't blame you

Spurs da champs
06-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Calls definitely did not help when the game was close but that did not give the Thunder 18pt fts now did they?

thispego
06-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Calls definitely did not help when the game was close but that did not give the Thunder 18pt fts now did they?

:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
06-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Happens after every playoff exit.

SA210
Where's Nader?

GrandeDavid

so take that! Stern

The Spurs were definitely robbed of a victory last night by the officiating. That was sheer disgrace. Still, the Spurs clanked three threes on one position in waning minute that would've cut it to one. Plus the Spurs played like goats in Game 3 and coughed it up 21 times in Game 5. The Spurs ultimately got what they deserved.

I'll possibly watch the deciding game in the Finals, or at least the last quarter of it. Other than that, yeah, I only watch the Spurs. I don't waste my time watching other teams.

baseline bum

At least something good came out of this series.

baseline bum
06-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Let me pop out my trusty GNSF-to-English dictionary:

I'm butthurt about the Spurs decline these last 5 years.

I don't like this team when they're not winning and when I have now realised everyone was right about that faggot Bonner that I have been jocking nonstop.

so take that! Stern

If they get good I reserve the right to become a fan again.

:cry Bonner :cry

Jimcs50
06-07-2012, 03:40 PM
I now have 7 nights free, so I can do something else.

Screw the fixed NBA and David Stern. Hope he gets a herpes blister on his cock

Mugen
06-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Make sure you take that ginger piece of shit with you.

sananspursfan21
06-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Im definitely not watching the finals. Ive said already here im not cobtributing to the ratings. As for the rest of the nba, im at an indecision

Legacy
06-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Im definitely not watching the finals. Ive said already here im not cobtributing to the ratings. As for the rest of the nba, im at an indecision

Pretty much my sentiments. :nope :greedy

PublicOption
06-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Stern has learned that there is a sucker born every minute and when one leaves, one will take their place. Hope is a strong motivator and Stern sells hope(and of course BULLSHIT)

PublicOption
06-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Just the asshole that sells snake oil. The NBA is snake oil and alot of people what to believe the snake oil works.

temujin
06-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Totally agree.

trollt
06-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Maybe this means Bonner will be let go too?

ginobili fan
06-07-2012, 06:20 PM
I've never whatched NBA.
I watch SPURS. Way more entertaining.
Of course I'm done with the NBA this year.

Horse
06-07-2012, 06:28 PM

Amazing how this fucking loser has time to comment on everyones posts.

ElNono
06-07-2012, 06:30 PM
lol Bonnerfan... gtfo!

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-07-2012, 06:31 PM
:lol wop
:lol Donut Lover

TimmehC
Bye.

ElNono
:lol wop
:lol Donut Lover

:lol

Venti Quattro
06-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Haha you're a mad, lying faggot. You're still going to watch the NBA next year, and you're still going to post the same retarded, shitty takes.

Beanzamillion21
06-07-2012, 08:23 PM
cool

DeadlyDynasty
06-07-2012, 08:34 PM

It's amazing how a 34 y/o thinks it's cool to pose with the middle finger at a dunkin donuts:lol

TXstbobcat
06-07-2012, 08:40 PM

so take that! Stern

So you are going to give up watching your team just because they lost a hard fought series to a great team? Give it 4 months and you will be looking forward to the start of the next NBA season.

Legacy
06-07-2012, 08:48 PM
I think pretty much all Spurs fans just got some cooling off to do, that's all. *shrug*

... Still won't be watching The Finals, though ... I'll just check the scores on the net. ;)

urunobili
06-07-2012, 08:49 PM
good riddance :tu don't let the door hit you as you exit

baseline bum
06-07-2012, 08:49 PM
So are all of y'all crybabies missing this incredible performance from LeBron right now?

vanishing_dude
06-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Happens after every playoff exit.

+1:depressed

Legacy
06-07-2012, 09:05 PM
So are all of y'all crybabies missing this incredible performance from LeBron right now?

Already watched TEAM LeBron last year. :cry

J.T.
06-07-2012, 10:09 PM

:tu :lmao

sananspursfan21
06-07-2012, 10:22 PM
I think pretty much all Spurs fans just got some cooling off to do, that's all. *shrug*

... Still won't be watching The Finals, though ... I'll just check the scores on the net. ;)

Yea im checkin scores and watchin highlights...gonna be soooo tempting though. As for the nba i think itll just be on probation. It has to prove to me next season that it can behave haha

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2012, 10:29 PM
the NBA blows. :tu

I'd love for the league to be officiated how it was in the 80s and 90s. Get rid of the charge call completely. No more drawing your defender in the air and jumping into him to draw a charge. Fucking just shoot over him on his way down, or dribble/pass around. Many analysts seem to have similar opinions and agree that certain fouls have gotten way out of hand, and would like to see some rules changed. Right now, the NBA blows, and I only watch because of the big 3 on the Spurs.

After they're done, I might watch a few games casually, when I'm out at a bar with friends, but I honestly have no interest in watching the rest of the games, which are supposed to be good. I don't know, NBA basketball doesn't really entertain me if the Spurs aren't playing.

senorglory
06-08-2012, 04:57 AM

so take that! Stern

I'm still mad about the anti hand check rule, moving the three in, allowing zone, and making the first round best of seven. Just off the top of my head.

I have no idea what a travel looks like anymore, but it seems that so long as you dunk it, you can take about four steps, no joke.

I liked that rockets Knicks finals and think every official adjustment since has been utter bullshit.

I'm an old grumpy bastard. So what, fuck you Stern.

baseline bum
06-08-2012, 08:58 AM
I liked that rockets Knicks finals and think every official adjustment since has been utter bullshit.

Even when they moved the three point line back out to 23'9" from the 22' it was in that abortion of a 94 season?

KaiRMD1
06-08-2012, 09:04 AM

That's pretty much where I'm at and also, I have no interest in either team. Can you imagine the whistle blowing in a heat Thunder series? Those games are gonna be like 6 hours, possibly 7

sammy
06-08-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm out as well! Can't watch the rigged NBA Finals as all know it will be Lebroom and the OKC Cheaters!:bang

Brazil
06-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Let me pop out my trusty GNSF-to-English dictionary:

:lmao underrated post right there

PublicOption
06-08-2012, 09:29 AM
To let a team win 4 straight from a team that won 20 straight is so inexplicable that the only thing I can compare it to is when a wrestler looks like he is about to be pinned and then gets motivation from the crowd and gets out of the hold and wins the match. Its the same bullshit and and some of you loser just do not want to see the nba is the new wwe.

senorglory
06-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Even when they moved the three point line back out to 23'9" from the 22' it was in that abortion of a 94 season?

Well no, I did like it when they moved the 3 back out, but I can still be resentful of the change in the first place (at the time Bird said something like 'Why not just give 'em 3 points for everything.") and for the three or so seasons it lasted.

And actually, come to think about it, I wasn't mad about the high tech ball the nba switched to in '96. That fiasco was just plain funny. Possible mass hysteria on the part of players, corporate flop, or science fail, not sure what happened there.

DMC
06-08-2012, 01:33 PM
If Vander was going to quit, he wouldn't post a goodbye letter. You quit when you lose interest, not when you get mad, especially when you can go back anytime you like without anyone knowing.

If you got mad, you're still interested in the game of basketball.

jjktkk
06-08-2012, 01:39 PM

so take that! Stern

Please don't go. :cry:cry:cry

ElNono
06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
In other words, the Duncan era is over, time to stop fronting the Spurs...

spurspokesman
06-08-2012, 05:03 PM
I go home with the Spurs. NBA is finished for me.

Bill_Brasky
06-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Does the OP think he's fooling anyone? This is basically a long version of "Spurs didn't win it all, I don't think they're capable of winning it all, I'm not gonna watch anymore".

Oh and :lmao Boise State

Legacy
06-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Yea im checkin scores and watchin highlights...gonna be soooo tempting though. As for the nba i think itll just be on probation. It has to prove to me next season that it can behave haha

B-b-be... strong... :cry

:nope