06-07-2012, 03:34 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_nicolas_batum.jpg
Born: Dec 14, 1988
Height: 6-8 / 2.03
Weight: 200 lbs. / 90.7 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country:
Le Mans / France
Years Pro: 3

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nicolas_batum/career_stats.html)

The_Worlds_finest
06-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Yes

TimmehC
06-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Theoretically, it's possible to get this guy, and he would help us match up defensively with OKC. But the Spurs would have to do some crazy financial gymnastics to come up with the $$$, unless they could get Portland to agree to a S&T.

DesignatedT
06-14-2012, 04:09 PM
S&T Jack, and any combination of Neal, Green, Joseph, Splitter,Bonner,Blair for Batum.

SamoanTD
06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
No thanks.

MR-Clutch
06-14-2012, 08:09 PM
I think the reason he played so inconsistently is because of how much he was moved in and out of the starting lineup. The rotation was always wack in Portland too. This kid has great potential, and I think pop would bring the best out in him. I don't see any feasible way of getting him without hurting our team at another position. Have tony tell him to sign a one year and then come to the spurs in 2013.

AFBlue
06-14-2012, 08:48 PM
If he signs a one-year QO, I think the Spurs have a great shot at getting him in 2013. But I'd put the odds of him not getting a serious offer or passing on one this summer at slim-to-none.

CGD
06-14-2012, 10:13 PM
If he signs a one-year QO, I think the Spurs have a great shot at getting him in 2013. But I'd put the odds of him not getting a serious offer or passing on one this summer at slim-to-none.

Very true with manu and jax deals coming of the books alone their would be enough to sign him, though, im not that enamored with the guy.

This off season is going to be interesting BC it's the first one post new CBA. Player expectations will take at least one free agent cycle to adjust IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised if teams and players reach an impasse where the best option is to pick up the QO and opt out next year. Not sure if that's the case with batum, but I do recall rumors of an acrimonious relationship brewing around the fed deadline.

tesseractive
06-14-2012, 11:35 PM
This off season is going to be interesting BC it's the first one post new CBA. Player expectations will take at least one free agent cycle to adjust IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised if teams and players reach an impasse where the best option is to pick up the QO and opt out next year. Not sure if that's the case with batum, but I do recall rumors of an acrimonious relationship brewing around the fed deadline.

Considering that Portland just hired a new GM and one of the first things he said was that he considered Aldridge and Batum the guys he wants to build around, I think it's pretty likely they're going to get a deal done.

Spursfanfromafar
06-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Overrated.. Kawhi makes him redundant, TBH.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Considering that Portland just hired a new GM and one of the first things he said was that he considered Aldridge and Batum the guys he wants to build around, I think it's pretty likely they're going to get a deal done.

Considering the man that really runs the team is Paul Allen, and he goes through GMs like underwear, you may have overstated your case just a bit. Olshey has NO idea what he's just gotten himself into.

The quick cliff notes version (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1106902-portland-trail-blazers-dysfunction-starts-at-the-top)

yavozerb
06-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Considering the man that really runs the team is Paul Allen, and he goes through GMs like underwear, you may have overstated your case just a bit. Olshey has NO idea what he's just gotten himself into.

The quick cliff notes version (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1106902-portland-trail-blazers-dysfunction-starts-at-the-top)

The trade of Wallace all but closed the door on the idea of him coming over to the spurs...not going to happen

tesseractive
06-15-2012, 12:35 PM

Fair point. Paul Allen is a terrible owner.

The sad thing is, Olshey still has a better owner now than he did last month. :lol

timvp
06-27-2012, 05:55 PM
On a radio show, Tom Penn (formerly in the Blazers' FO) had this to say: "They tried to fool us with Batum telling us he had a heart condition so he could fall to Spurs. There was no heart condition."

We all basically knew that was the case but that's the first time I've seen someone with the Blazers admit it.

SenorSpur
06-27-2012, 06:43 PM
That's a pretty humorous statement coming from an organization who famously drafted 2 players (Oden and Roy), who both had a history of chronic knee issues that were well-documented. Yet they drafted them anyway.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-27-2012, 10:12 PM
S&T Jack, and any combination of Neal, Green, Joseph, Splitter,Bonner,Blair for Batum.

No thanks.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Theoretically, it's possible to get this guy, and he would help us match up defensively with OKC. But the Spurs would have to do some crazy financial gymnastics to come up with the $$$, unless they could get Portland to agree to a S&T.

Not unless Tim retires and comes off the cap.