06-07-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_daniel_green.jpg
Born: Jun 22, 1987
Height: 6-6 / 1.98
Weight: 210 lbs. / 95.3 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country:
North Carolina / USA
Years Pro: 2

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/daniel_green/career_stats.html)

ace3g
06-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

Some housecleaning news from tonight: Buford says Spurs have extended qualifying offers to restricted FAs Danny Green, Patty Mills.

ace3g
06-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Brian T. Smith ‏@tribjazz

#UtahJazz will initially go after wings during free agency and have MLE to spend. Two names that came up today: Danny Green, Roger Mason.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Brian T. Smith ‏@tribjazz

#UtahJazz will initially go after wings during free agency and have MLE to spend. Two names that came up today: Danny Green, Roger Mason.

They should be looking to move some beef for a top flight wing. Too many bigs that need minutes. DG and RMJ are NOT the answer to a skills deficit on the wing in Utah. They are both pretty much just spot up shooters.

Darkwaters
06-30-2012, 05:48 PM
They should be looking to move some beef for a top flight wing. Too many bigs that need minutes. DG and RMJ are NOT the answer to a skills deficit on the wing in Utah. They are both pretty much just spot up shooters.

That statement is true about RMJ but Danny is a bit more than a spot up shooter. But you're right that there are other options out there. Still, Danny would be a decent signing on a budget - assuming the Spurs won't match (which they seem intent on doing).

Spurs Brazil
06-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Free agency: Spurs’ Green prepares for pay day
Posted on June 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm by Jeff McDonald in Danny Green, Spurs

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/06/30/spurs-green-prepares-for-pay-day/

Wild Cobra Kai
06-30-2012, 06:18 PM
That statement is true about RMJ but Danny is a bit more than a spot up shooter. But you're right that there are other options out there. Still, Danny would be a decent signing on a budget - assuming the Spurs won't match (which they seem intent on doing).

Any games where the big three sat out, Danny struggled mightily to do anything at all on offense. He's like a #3 or #4 wing on a team. It sounds like Utah would be looking for him to do more than that. If he's asked to do too much, he'll fall flat on his face.

loveforthegame
06-30-2012, 07:11 PM
I just know someone is going to overpay him.

elemento
06-30-2012, 07:46 PM
If someone overpays, we should simply let him go

It's not like we're desperate for a SG anyway.

Mel_13
06-30-2012, 07:48 PM
If someone overpays, we should simply let him go

It's not like we're desperate for a SG anyway.

Yeah.

Can't them matching offers much higher than 3.5M/year.

timvp
07-01-2012, 05:29 AM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/danny-green-anxious-as-free-agency-begins-1.3815803

Good article about his thinking heading into free agency.

therealtruth
07-01-2012, 10:20 AM
I think what alot of ST fans don't realize is were going to miss his defense more than his offense. He and Kawhi were 1-2 in perimeter defense for us. We likely don't sweep the first two rounds without that especially game 4 against the Clips.

Wild Cobra Kai
07-01-2012, 10:31 AM
I think what alot of ST fans don't realize is were going to miss his defense more than his offense. He and Kawhi were 1-2 in perimeter defense for us. We likely don't sweep the first two rounds without that especially game 4 against the Clips.

He's not gone yet, just a FA.

Duncan2177
07-08-2012, 03:38 AM
Tommy Beer: If Knicks still shopping for a SG - some potential targets?: Danny Green, Carlos Delfino, Courtney Lee, Shannon Brown, CJ Miles, Mike Redd Twitter

racm
07-08-2012, 05:50 AM
Green would stretch the floor for drives to the basket or when Melo posts up.

Problem is that SG is the Knicks' weakest position right now, and they need offense from that position the least.

G-Dawgg
07-08-2012, 06:17 AM
Green is a fuckin choke-artist on the same scale as Roger Mason..

racm
07-08-2012, 06:31 AM
This is his first real postseason. If he were a choker then he wouldn't have cooperated with Kawhi to bury the Jazz under a bunch of 3s.

The problem with relying on streaky shooters is that you never know when they'll go on or go off.

G-Dawgg
07-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Danny Green may play good defense, but he's a choker. Not only that, but he shoots way too much also.

He thinks he's way better than he actually is.

...what a combination..a chucker/choker...

Wild Cobra Kai
07-08-2012, 10:48 AM
IIRC, the Knicks only have the taxpayer MLE of about $3M. It would be sweet if they offered it to him, because I'm sure the Spurs would match that, as they should. That would tie up one offseason loose end.

lcroock
07-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Per Green's twitter it sounds like he is in NYC meeting with the Knicks. If they let JR Smith go maybe they'll take him.

https://twitter.com/DGreen_14

Mel_13
07-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Per Green's twitter it sounds like he is in NYC meeting with the Knicks. If they let JR Smith go maybe they'll take him.

https://twitter.com/DGreen_14

As Wild Cobra Kai said, Green signing with the Knicks would be a good thing. The Spurs would certainly match a 3yr/9M contract for Danny. On top of that, the Knicks would not be able to offer the mini-MLE to Camby, meaning that they could only acquire him via a sign and trade.

elemento
07-08-2012, 01:00 PM
I would be ok with Green back for 9m/3y. He is worth it, no matter how bad he was in the WCF.

As for Camby, I am ok with him as well as long as we don't have to throw Splitter to get him in a S&T.

T Park
07-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Green is from Staton island... Could be just visiting....

spurs1990
07-08-2012, 02:00 PM
What a weird game this free agency is.

The Spurs offered DG a one year deal, but if the Knicks offer him a 3 year contract, the Spurs would match it?

Sounds like SA is torn between how long they want to keep him around then.

pad300
07-08-2012, 02:03 PM

The Spurs offered DG a one year deal, but if the Knicks offer him a 3 year contract, the Spurs would match it?

No, SA offered him a 1 year Qualifying Offer, to keep their full rights to him.

DesignatedT
07-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Spurs didn't offer Green a deal. Just picked up his QO, making him a restricted FA. Now the Spurs have the rights to match any offer Green receives and he is forced to stay in SA.

AFBlue
07-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Spurs didn't offer Green a deal. Just picked up his QO, making him a restricted FA. Now the Spurs have the rights to match any offer Green receives and he is forced to stay in SA.

Any offer up to $5.1M/yr as I understand it.

benefactor
07-08-2012, 02:29 PM
As Wild Cobra Kai said, Green signing with the Knicks would be a good thing. The Spurs would certainly match a 3yr/9M contract for Danny. On top of that, the Knicks would not be able to offer the mini-MLE to Camby, meaning that they could only acquire him via a sign and trade.
Yup...it actually moves things along much more quickly. I think the Spurs will match into the 4 million/year range too. That's still cheap for a rotation SG.

FkLA
07-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Some spurfans are so stupid. One terrible series and someones a choker. Green tries to shoot himself out of the slump and hes a chucker. If he wouldve stopped shooting he wouldve been a pussy and the next Bonner.

Spurs need to bring him back as long its less than 4-5 mill/yr.

Ice009
07-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Some spurfans are so stupid. One terrible series and someones a choker. Green tries to shoot himself out of the slump and hes a chucker. If he wouldve stopped shooting he wouldve been a pussy and the next Bonner.

Spurs need to bring him back as long its less than 4-5 mill/yr.

So are you saying that the Spurs should offer between 4-5? or less than 4 million? I don't like that at all, especially for 5 million. The Spurs offered Stephen Jackson less than that in 2003 and Sjax was huge in the WCF against Dallas that year. Game 6 on the road, Sjax was gigantic at the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter, same as he was in game 6 against OKC. Spurs didn't offer Sjax that much and you're going to offer Green more for completely disappearing?

He didn't just have a bad series, he completely disappeared. You could say that Manu had a bad series overall, but Green disappeared completely. He was almost Bonner like. You don't go giving out big contracts to guys that completely disappear. Maybe I'm being too hard on Danny, but I just don't like the way he finished.

For the record I was a huge Danny Green fan all season. I was all for him getting playing time at the start of the season and keeping it, but he was really bad in the WCF. I'm definitely willing to give him another chance (unlike Bonner), but I don't want to overpay for it.

I know it's a different market and things are different now, but these contracts being handed out are too excessive this off season. 4 million or less is what I'd offer Green, not a cent more.

dbestpro
07-08-2012, 09:29 PM
. He was almost Bonner like.

A little Bonner. :p:

therealtruth
07-09-2012, 07:29 AM
So are you saying that the Spurs should offer between 4-5? or less than 4 million? I don't like that at all, especially for 5 million. The Spurs offered Stephen Jackson less than that in 2003 and Sjax was huge in the WCF against Dallas that year. Game 6 on the road, Sjax was gigantic at the end of the 3rd and 4th quarter, same as he was in game 6 against OKC. Spurs didn't offer Sjax that much and you're going to offer Green more for completely disappearing?

He didn't just have a bad series, he completely disappeared. You could say that Manu had a bad series overall, but Green disappeared completely. He was almost Bonner like. You don't go giving out big contracts to guys that completely disappear. Maybe I'm being too hard on Danny, but I just don't like the way he finished.

For the record I was a huge Danny Green fan all season. I was all for him getting playing time at the start of the season and keeping it, but he was really bad in the WCF. I'm definitely willing to give him another chance (unlike Bonner), but I don't want to overpay for it.

I know it's a different market and things are different now, but these contracts being handed out are too excessive this off season. 4 million or less is what I'd offer Green, not a cent more.

Saying Green disappeared is ridiculous. He still played ok defense. In fact if he played more he could have helped TP conserve energy on defense.

racm
07-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Green was a plus defender.

The only problem was that his amazing shooting in the last part of the season and the first two rounds came back to earth.

Then Pop didn't help by panicking and putting Manu in the starting lineup.

G-Dawgg
07-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Regardless of his ok defense, Green's got no balls. He pulled a Matt Bonner. If he stays, pay him in peanuts if you can....'nuff said.

SenorSpur
07-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Green didn't pull a Bonner. Green was ultra-productive in the two previous playoff series. Despite him flaming out against the Thunder, Green already has a better playoff track record in 14 playoff games than Bonner has in his entire Spurs tenure. Bonner is a career-playoff choker.

Now if we're here in the next two seasons still talking about Green playoff struggles, then perhaps a comparison to Bonner can be made. Right now, trying to lump Green into Bonner's category is really a bad comparison. It's apples and oranges.

G-Dawgg
07-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Comparing Green to Bonner actually IS unfair. He hasn't led the NBA in 3pt% or contributed on a championship winning team while Bonner has actually done that...

I suppose Roger Mason is a better comparison?

racm
07-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Bonner was the fifth big on the depth chart in 2007, tbh...

G-Dawgg
07-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Regardless, Bonner has accomplished much more in his NBA career. Period.

racm
07-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Did Danny Green watch Kobe torch his team to the tune of 81 points?

G-Dawgg
07-09-2012, 09:20 AM
He was probably at home doing homework watching it happen on TV actually... -Wishing he was in the NBA getting torched for 81 by Kobe

timtonymanu
07-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Regardless, Bonner has accomplished much more in his NBA career. Period.

Stupid comment. Spurs haven't also won a championship since Matt Bonner became a major part of the rotation.

and also :lol calling Green a choker for having a bad series when majority of the team sucked as well.

Retarded fucking logic.

G-Dawgg
07-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Stupid comment. Spurs haven't also won a championship since Matt Bonner became a major part of the rotation.

and also :lol calling Green a choker for having a bad series when majority of the team sucked as well.

Retarded fucking logic.

Ok you're right, he's a clutch performer...sorry
....give him 5mil/yr...

lol get off his dick already......

Bill_Brasky
07-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Comparing Green to Bonner actually IS unfair. He hasn't led the NBA in 3pt% or contributed on a championship winning team while Bonner has actually done that...

I suppose Roger Mason is a better comparison?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

G-Dawgg
07-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Either way, I don't give a fuck. I'm not actually trying to defend Bonner, in fact I hate him too...but a choke job is a choke job, and Danny Green fuckin choked. Period.

timtonymanu
07-09-2012, 09:32 AM
:lol by G-Dawgg's logic, I guess James White contributed to the 07 title as well.

G-Dawgg
07-09-2012, 09:36 AM
:lol by G-Dawgg's logic, I guess James White contributed to the 07 title as well.

Bonner played in 56 games averaging 4.9 points per game in 11.7 minutes per game in the regular season in 07. That is a contribution regardless of how little. Those ppg's are comparable to Danny Green's production in the OKC series in a fraction of the court time and a way better fg% tbh :lol

smaka
07-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Bonner chokes every single year, while for Danny it was his first year. And he only played shitty against OKC, but who didn't? C'mon Dawgg, chill and stop kissing Bonner's ass.

G-Dawgg
07-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Hey dude I get it. It's nothing personal. I'm just disappointed in him and I feel he shouldn't get a big payday after such a poor showing in a series in which we needed him to at least show up in. It's just my opinion and I'm sharing it. ... I said earlier, I'm actually not really trying to endorse Bonner over Green because I actually think he sucks too, but As I said a choke job is a choke job, and Green definately choked no if's and's or but's about it. You are right everybody didn't play as well as they could have, but Green's houdini act was easily the worst of all.

benefactor
07-09-2012, 11:32 AM
So are you saying they should let Green walk and use one of the exceptions on a replacement?

jag
07-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Green is a fuckin choke-artist on the same scale as Roger Mason..

stupid

timtonymanu
07-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Bonner played in 56 games averaging 4.9 points per game in 11.7 minutes per game in the regular season in 07. That is a contribution regardless of how little. Those ppg's are comparable to Danny Green's production in the OKC series in a fraction of the court time and a way better fg% tbh :lol

:lol comparing regular season production to a playoff series performance.

That's all I need to know to further discuss basketball with you.

Juventini
07-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Why does it feel like people who were supporting him at the beginning of the year started to call him a choker?

On the other hand, people who were in favor of Anderson starting at the beginning of the year just said Green had one bad series.

timvp
07-09-2012, 12:09 PM
He hasn't led the NBA in 3pt% or contributed on a championship winning team while Bonner has actually done that...

http://dailyelements.com/popserious.jpg

freetiago
07-09-2012, 12:16 PM
DYIpsFxz2Io

FkLA
07-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Different situation imo. Spurs had tons of cap room in the summer after the 03' season, they also had a young up and coming Ginobili ready to step in and be the starter. They dont have either of those luxuries this offseason.

I meant anything under 5 mill/yr. For a starting caliber two guard thats reasonable, and if Green develops further it could turn into a bargain imo.

TDMVPDPOY
07-09-2012, 05:28 PM
lol scrubs in FA gettin overpaid, while Green is settling for the spurs QO? really? i think his worth then what some 1 dimensional players in the league are earning or gettin offered this year

racm
07-09-2012, 06:55 PM
It just shows the Spurs FO is as rational as always. Why overpay for an asset?

ace3g
07-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Source says free agent Danny Green has agreed to return to San Antonio on a three-year deal, $12 million.

benefactor
07-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Source says free agent Danny Green has agreed to return to San Antonio on a three-year deal, $12 million.
Great deal. Glad they got it done and we actually have some real news.

benefactor
07-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Spurs to sign forward Danny Green to three-year, $12 million, source tells Yahoo!

tdunk21
07-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Danny Green's three-year, $12 million deal with the Spurs is totally guaranteed, source tells Y! Sports.

DesignatedT
07-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Good deal. Just right $ wise.

silverblackfan
07-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Good deal and a good role player. Doubly glad that Ferry did not try to steal him away.