06-07-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_donte_greene.jpg
Born: Feb 21, 1988
Height: 6-11 / 2.11
Weight: 226 lbs. / 102.5 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country:
Syracuse / USA
Years Pro: 3

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/donte_greene/career_stats.html)

ace3g
06-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Greene says goodbye to Sacramento on twitter

http://aroyalpain.com/2012/06/27/donte-greene-says-goodbye-to-sacramento-forward-no-longer-a-king/

I guess he is officially a UFA

loveforthegame
06-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Such a fan of his. He may not have taken full advantage of his opportunities but the Kings did some screwing with him too.

I look forward to him finding a new team and start.

sasffl
06-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Get him and replace Bonner

Wild Cobra Kai
06-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Never been a fan. He's a drifter, never seems passionate about the game. The anti-Jack.

ace3g
07-20-2012, 01:44 AM
Jonathan Santiago ‏@itsjonsantiago

Just ran into Donte Greene here at Cox Pavilion. Asked if any teams are looking to sign him, he said the Sixers & Bulls showing interest.

ace3g
01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
On January 11, Greene will begin working out for teams, according to sources. The Brooklyn Nets, San Antonio Spurs, Minnesota Timberwolves, New Orleans Hornets, Chicago Bulls and Houston Rockets have all expressed interest in Greene and discussed potential workout dates with the unrestricted free agent.
Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-celtics-making-a-blockbuster-trade/#xGd6fpvrSjukmIYl.99

ajballer4
01-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Meh I doubt we end up signing him. While he is the coveted stretch four, he has no shot blocking abilities, so there is no need for him right now, unless Jack's ankle injury is considered serious

timvp
01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Considering how well JJ Hickson has recovered since emerging from the hellhole that is the Kings organization right now, Greene is definitely worth a look in a workout -- especially since he's still relatively young (24). He's going to have to become a stretch four to make it in the NBA but he has the size (6-foot-11) and his stroke has always looked pretty decent.

He wouldn't help this year but he might be a worthwhile prospect if he has a strong workout.

loveforthegame
01-07-2013, 01:34 PM
I hope the Spurs take a look at him. I think he gets a bad rap for checking out since he was mishandled/mistreated while in Sacramento.

The potential is there and he needs the right team/atmosphere.

Mel_13
01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
On a 2yr minimum deal with a team option for year 2, then yes.

look_at_g_shred
01-07-2013, 06:56 PM
So I hear the Spurs are interested...

Brunodf
01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
He is tall, so he already is better than Bonner/Blair

exstatic
01-07-2013, 07:24 PM

Ridiculous.

Gagnrath
01-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Honestly tall, and can run and jump makes him better than Blair currently. Exstatic, I'm not anti Blair in theory, but he's knees have more or less failed him and his mind has checked out on the spurs.

exstatic
01-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Honestly tall, and can run and jump makes him better than Blair currently. Exstatic, I'm not anti Blair in theory, but he's knees have more or less failed him and his mind has checked out on the spurs.

Their are plenty of shitty players 6'9" and taller in this league. Some of the shittiest first round busts of the last 15 years could do everything you described in your post. The problem is, they couldn't play basketball.

Set your bar a bit higher.

benefactor
01-07-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm afraid this group of posters bar has reached the top rung.

Gagnrath
01-07-2013, 11:22 PM
deleted

Gagnrath
01-07-2013, 11:35 PM
My bar isn't needed to be much above ground level to be higher than the level that Blair is currently playing at. He's not physically capable of rebounding and taking the ball strongly back to the rim, which was his one NBA level skill when he came into the league. He used to at least try on defense but he's not doing that any longer. His passing is below average for his position, and he has no mid or long range game what so ever. Now add in an attitude of no longer trying to compete and you have a completely worthless player.

Literally at this point someone with the physical tools, and desire to play even if they were completely without skill would at least be acceptable in garbage time. Now lets look at Greene, he's got the height, and mobility to be good in this league. He needs to put on a few lbs and a bit of strength to be a power forward in the league but he isn't really a small forward. He has potential to have a respectable jump shot. No reason not to take a slightly above league min contract on him.

jon123spurs
01-08-2013, 12:05 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/01/07/report-spurs-interested-in-greene/
I guess they're interested after all.

Texas_Ranger
01-08-2013, 05:57 AM
could be better than Danny

will_spurs
01-08-2013, 07:10 AM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2013/01/07/report-spurs-interested-in-greene/
I guess they're interested after all.

"according to HoopsWorld" is all you need to know about this article...

I wonder if, looking at the few players who actually signed with the Spurs, it's possible to find the matching article. From memory every time the media say the Spurs are interested in a player, this never translates into a contract...

DapDaGenius
01-08-2013, 07:55 AM

Good one, man. :lmao

DapDaGenius
01-08-2013, 08:10 AM
What is his shoe size?

td4mvp2k
01-08-2013, 10:43 AM
From memory every time the media say the Spurs are interested in a player, this never translates into a contract...

Yes and Spurs are not a team who sign a player like him. The teams who can give him more then the Spurs are the teams who get him.

szkorhetz
01-08-2013, 11:33 AM
What is his shoe size?
6-11

DapDaGenius
01-08-2013, 12:30 PM
6-11

That's not a shoe size. I wanna know about dem feet.

DapDaGenius
01-10-2013, 10:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rEZ_O_jmdvE#start= 0:00;end=0:41;autoreplay=false;showoptions=false

But I take it, since the release of the Aron Baynes situation, that no one is interested in this guy anymore??

Strategic
01-10-2013, 10:53 AM
But I take it, since the release of the Aron Baynes situation, that no one is interested in this guy anymore??

I doubt if there was much chance of the Spurs going after someone like Greene anyway, though I'm not sure why. My interest in Greene for the team was his ability to cover a mobile power forward such as Ibaka, Bosh, Griffin etc. When Paul Westphal was coaching him in Sacramento he had some good things to say about Donte's ability to stay with his man on the perimeter. Though Westphal's not the ultra successful coach like we know, I'm pretty sure he knows what defense looks like. Considering the Spurs didn't have anyone to cover Earl Clark in last night's game(At the highest Clark is 4th on the Lakers' front court rotation when all are healthy), I wonder what the front office has in place for defending such mobile bigs in the future? Earl Clark looked like a second team All Star last night. Kawhi cannot cover Durant and Ibaka at the same time. When playing the Thunder, Clips and Heat, one lock down defender will not be enough anymore. Maybe Baynes can help in this area?

td4mvp2k
01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
I doubt if there was much chance of the Spurs going after someone like Greene anyway, though I'm not sure why. My interest in Greene for the team was his ability to cover a mobile power forward such as Ibaka, Bosh, Griffin etc. When Paul Westphal was coaching him in Sacramento he had some good things to say about Donte's ability to stay with his man on the perimeter.Im with you the Spurs do need a player like him.

DapDaGenius
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
I doubt if there was much chance of the Spurs going after someone like Greene anyway, though I'm not sure why. My interest in Greene for the team was his ability to cover a mobile power forward such as Ibaka, Bosh, Griffin etc. When Paul Westphal was coaching him in Sacramento he had some good things to say about Donte's ability to stay with his man on the perimeter. Though Westphal's not the ultra successful coach like we know, I'm pretty sure he knows what defense looks like. Considering the Spurs didn't have anyone to cover Earl Clark in last night's game(At the highest Clark is 4th on the Lakers' front court rotation when all are healthy), I wonder what the front office has in place for defending such mobile bigs in the future? Earl Clark looked like a second team All Star last night. Kawhi cannot cover Durant and Ibaka at the same time. When playing the Thunder, Clips and Heat, one lock down defender will not be enough anymore. Maybe Baynes can help in this area?

Definitely hoping Baynes helps in that area. But about Greene, from what I've been digging up all we really know is he was supposed to work out for the Spurs(along with the Nets, Bulls, Rockets, Twolves and Hornets). He hasn't started his workouts yet(He starts tomorrow), so I'm sure that the first place he will want to make a good impression at is in Brooklyn. I say this b/c, he was supposed to sign with the Nets over the summer but suffered an ankle injury and the Nets called off the deal.

After Jan.11, I'll be waiting for news on where this guy is headed or if the Spurs are really interested in him. Maybe SA is really interested in him or maybe they just want to test him out. None of us can be sure.

DapDaGenius
01-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Im with you the Spurs do need a player like him.

I'm still interested in Greene as well. Just seems like since the emergence of the Baynes news, that most people have given up hope/don't care for this guy coming to the team. Glad to see there are at least a few other still interested.

td4mvp2k
01-10-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm still interested in Greene as well. Just seems like since the emergence of the Baynes news, that most people have given up hope/don't care for this guy coming to the team. Glad to see there are at least a few other still interested.This player has it. I think Pop would more then like a player like him and how he can play him. With the right team and the right coaching he could be great for the team. But I dont know where he has the Spurs and I dont think he has them up there so we have to see.

palangi
01-10-2013, 02:53 PM
give me donte greene over bonner anyday!!!

exstatic
01-10-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm still interested in Greene as well. Just seems like since the emergence of the Baynes news, that most people have given up hope/don't care for this guy coming to the team. Glad to see there are at least a few other still interested.

Most people here can count. Unless they salary dump someone, Baynes was player 15 on a roster that can be no more than 15 players.

wildbill2u
01-11-2013, 11:28 AM
This player has it. I think Pop would more then like a player like him and how he can play him. With the right team and the right coaching he could be great for the team. But I dont know where he has the Spurs and I dont think he has them up there so we have to see.

What exactly is the "it" that he has. He had a remarkably pedestrian four years with SAC without showing any improvement in his stats. That may show a bad attitude/work ethic or simply that he reached the highest level of his skill set and that skill set wasn't even good enough to keep him with SAC.

Pass.

td4mvp2k
01-11-2013, 12:31 PM
What exactly is the "it" that he has. He had a remarkably pedestrian four years with SAC without showing any improvement in his stats. That may show a bad attitude/work ethic or simply that he reached the highest level of his skill set and that skill set wasn't even good enough to keep him with SAC.

Pass.He has what IT takes to be great on a team who know how to win and not a team like Sac who you think is a team thats better then Pedestrian. You must not know but Sac is just bad and its why they are out so dont put it all on Greene for that. He has got better in stats and will just get better so I think you should go look more. If you think its all stats then you should know better and if you know for sure why they did let him go then let me know cuz you dont.

Spurs Not Passing.

DapDaGenius
01-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Most people here can count. Unless they salary dump someone, Baynes was player 15 on a roster that can be no more than 15 players.

No need to be a dick.

Most people know exactly what I'm getting at. Just like you said "Unless they salary dump someone"...my comment is saying it's somewhat surprising that most people weren't caring to see if the Spurs were serious in testing out this guy(although it is just a work out) and how they would do it(after the signing of Baynes). I was inferring all possible situations. Thanks, though.

BackHome
01-11-2013, 10:45 PM
I wonder if we are still interested after getting the Giant Aussie? We still have a problem at PF and I know the Spurs are shopping Blair wonder if he is worth trying to get?

wildbill2u
01-12-2013, 02:21 AM
He has what IT takes to be great on a team who know how to win and not a team like Sac who you think is a team thats better then Pedestrian. You must not know but Sac is just bad and its why they are out so dont put it all on Greene for that. He has got better in stats and will just get better so I think you should go look more. If you think its all stats then you should know better and if you know for sure why they did let him go then let me know cuz you dont.

Spurs Not Passing.

Well, here you are. an article from the Sacramento Bee newspaper about why he was let go.
Greene finishes his four seasons in Sacramento averaging 6.1 points and 2.4 rebounds in 253 games. Greene shot 40.6 percent from the field, 30.4 percent from the three-point line.
Greene came to Sacramento as part of the trade that sent Ron Artest (http://topics.sacbee.com/Ron+Artest/) to Houston. Greene's best season was his second, when he started 50 of 76 games and averaged 8.5 points and 3.1 rebounds. Greene shot 44.1 percent, making 37.7 percent of his three pointers.
Greene played small and power forward, but never became the defender the Kings believed he could. The thought was Greene was too concerned about being an offensive player and taking three pointers rather than using his 6-foot-11, 226-pound frame to defend and rebound.
Extremely athletic for his size, coaches wanted to see Greene go to the rim more and initiate contact.
Of Greene's 266 shots last season, 105 were three pointers. Greene only attempted 55 free throws.
Greene not returning isn't a surprise. Aside from frustration over his inability to adapt his style of play, his work ethic (http://topics.sacbee.com/work+ethic/) was also questioned by people in the Kings' organization.
That frustration was most evident before his third season when instead of showing up ready to compete for the starting small forward job, Greene arrived at training camp (http://topics.sacbee.com/training+camp/) more than 20 pounds overweight.

That was probably Greene's best chance at solidifying his spot with the franchise. Greene didn't hold on to the starting job and the Kings decided to trade for John Salmons (http://topics.sacbee.com/John+Salmons/) after the 2010-11 season.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2012/06/donte-greene-sa.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

TJastal
01-12-2013, 02:28 AM

:lol

Strategic
01-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Well, here you are. http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2012/06/donte-greene-sa.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

I wouldn't say the man in this link knows more than the team "sources" in the link you've posted. It seems like you are very interested in offensive production. He is 24 years old and has averaged less than 17 MPG during his career. I know he couldn't hold a candle to someone like Aron Baynes, who played four seasons in the Pac-10, but wasn't good enough to get drafted, then spends four years in Europe playing against Juco type talent and is now the real deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySdySgljTU4

exstatic
01-12-2013, 11:10 AM
No need to be a dick.

Most people know exactly what I'm getting at. Just like you said "Unless they salary dump someone"...my comment is saying it's somewhat surprising that most people weren't caring to see if the Spurs were serious in testing out this guy(although it is just a work out) and how they would do it(after the signing of Baynes). I was inferring all possible situations. Thanks, though.

Not being a dick, just a pragmatist. I'd say most people know just what I'M getting at. There is a possibility that there will not be a roster spot until next year. If one does open up, then there might be more interest in who might fill it. If they were evaluating multiple players, Greene obviously came out on the short end. No use speculating on what, where, or why until a roster spot actually opens up.

FYI, right now the Spurs are in tax territory with the signing of Baynes. Offloading Blair may just prevent that, and not herald the acquisition of another player.

td4mvp2k
01-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Greene's best season was his second, when he started 50 of 76 games and averaged 8.5 points and 3.1 rebounds. Greene shot 44.1 percent, making 37.7 percent of his three pointers. Extremely athletic for his size, coaches wanted to see Greene go to the rim more and initiate contact. Greene didn't hold on to the starting job and the Kings decided to trade for John Salmons (http://topics.sacbee.com/John+Salmons/) after the 2010-11 season.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2012/06/donte-greene-sa.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpyThx for making my pts that you didnt know and that the KINGS lost him after starting all 82 games for them. He wouldnt start all those games for them if was no good and the Spurs with all the other teams wouldnt want him if he was no good so Nuff said!

td4mvp2k
01-12-2013, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't say the man in this link knows more than the team "sources" in the link you've posted. It seems like you are very interested in offensive production. He is 24 years old and has averaged less than 17 MPG during his career. I know he couldn't hold a candle to someone like Aron Baynes, who played four seasons in the Pac-10, but wasn't good enough to get drafted, then spends four years in Europe playing against Juco type talent and is now the real deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySdySgljTU4You can say that again.

exstatic
01-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Thx for making my pts that you didnt know and that the KINGS lost him after starting all 82 games for them. He wouldnt start all those games for them if was no good and the Spurs with all the other teams wouldnt want him if he was no good so Nuff said!

Undisciplined low BBIQ players start literally hundreds of games for bad teams in the NBA every year. As for the Spurs interest, it obviously wasn't that high, since they went in another direction.

td4mvp2k
01-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Undisciplined low BBIQ players start literally hundreds of games for bad teams in the NBA every year. As for the Spurs interest, it obviously wasn't that high, since they went in another direction.Ya and hundreds come out great. Another direction? Ya a Spurs workout with him must be "Another Direction".

DapDaGenius
01-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Not being a dick, just a pragmatist. I'd say most people know just what I'M getting at. There is a possibility that there will not be a roster spot until next year. If one does open up, then there might be more interest in who might fill it. If they were evaluating multiple players, Greene obviously came out on the short end. No use speculating on what, where, or why until a roster spot actually opens up.

FYI, right now the Spurs are in tax territory with the signing of Baynes. Offloading Blair may just prevent that, and not herald the acquisition of another player.

Sorry, but many people on here speculate trades, that don't even make sense. All I'm doing is talking on a possible pick up, with no specific time for him to join the team.

I never said that he would get signed here soon. He might not even get picked up by a team at all this season. And thanks, but I already knew SA is in tax territory regarding Baynes' signing.

"Offloading Blair may just prevent that, and not herald the acquisition of another player."

I thought there was no use in speculating, until something happened? Until Blair is off the team, don't speculate on him or the tax situation. Teehee :3

EDIT: And nawh, you were kind of being a dick.

exstatic
01-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Sorry, but many people on here speculate trades, that don't even make sense. All I'm doing is talking on a possible pick up, with no specific time for him to join the team.

I never said that he would get signed here soon. He might not even get picked up by a team at all this season. And thanks, but I already knew SA is in tax territory regarding Baynes' signing.

"Offloading Blair may just prevent that, and not herald the acquisition of another player."

I thought there was no use in speculating, until something happened? Until Blair is off the team, don't speculate on him or the tax situation. Teehee :3

EDIT: And nawh, you were kind of being a dick.

Actually, SA CAN salary dump a player right now, but they CAN'T sign another one, so the speculation is valid, even under my very own guidelines. :lol

If you really think I was being a dick, you need to grow a thicker skin. The internet isn't for the faint of heart. Man up.

DapDaGenius
01-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Actually, SA CAN salary dump a player right now, but they CAN'T sign another one, so the speculation is valid, even under my very own guidelines. :lol

If you really think I was being a dick, you need to grow a thicker skin. The internet isn't for the faint of heart. Man up.

:lmao. Who said I was offended? Just because I called you out for being a dick, doesn't mean I need "thicker skin". You were being a dick. I wasn't offended by it, I just called you out on it. Man up? Lol, okay, I had worse said to me by members of ST.

You said "No speculation"...the funniest part is that you're still trying to defend your contradiction. "No speculation until something is done"....*goes on to make speculation before a direct move, to what he said, was even made* :lol

BackHome
01-12-2013, 11:32 PM
You two just need to kiss and make up....:married:..We all love our Spurs..

DapDaGenius
01-12-2013, 11:52 PM
You two just need to kiss and make up....:married:..We all love our Spurs..

:lol Might as well...gotta get a drink first.....:toast okay now I'm ready.

ace3g
02-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo) Donte Greene has also received inquiries from IND,NO, SA, CHI, NY, BK, ORL, HOU & CLE,source said. BK was expected to sign him before injury

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo)
Free agent forward Donte Greene is 100% cleared to play after recovering from fractured ankle & is working on conditioning, source told Y!.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Maybe if the Spurs trade away more players than they take back; don't see them just waiving someone for Greene.

ace3g
02-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Maybe if the Spurs trade away more players than they take back; don't see them just waiving someone for Greene.

Yeah was thinking something similar, wouldn't mind having Baynes and Greene as end of the bench bigs.

loveforthegame
02-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Would love to see Greene here. :tu

I. Hustle
02-19-2013, 04:57 PM
It would be cool to snag him somehow. Maybe trade Blair and Bonner for Lebron. That would free up a spot and we can pick up our real target which is Greene.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-19-2013, 05:16 PM
im thinkin the spurs deadline move is blair to the cavs for a high 2nd. donte greene is exactly the kinda player i'd expect to be signed.

Darkwaters
02-19-2013, 05:30 PM
It would be cool to snag him somehow. Maybe trade Blair and Bonner for Lebron. That would free up a spot and we can pick up our real target which is Greene.

Genius!

ace3g
02-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo (https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo) NBA free agent forward Donte Greene, who has recovered from fractured ankle, has set up a workout for teams at Eastern Michigan U on Sunday.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-27-2013, 07:48 PM
if he can guard a 3/4's, and make 3's. he's worth cutting blair.

ace3g
02-27-2013, 07:54 PM
In Jan there was a rumor the Spurs (amongst other teams as well) expressed interest in Greene, but that was as far as the rumor went. Hopefully Woj/Spears will mention which teams are still interested.

mosdef17
09-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Worth a look at backup SF? Play 8-10mins a night, defend, rebound a little. Hit the corner 3. Only 23 years old. I'd probably welcome him. We could do worse.

exstatic
09-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Worth a look at backup SF? Play 8-10mins a night, defend, rebound a little. Hit the corner 3. Only 23 years old. I'd probably welcome him. We could do worse.

No, because he already has a deal in China. Their season ends in February, so maybe it can be re-visited if the Spurs haven't filled roster spot #15 with a permanent deal, but there is no possibility now.