06-07-2012, 03:53 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_josh_howard.jpg
Born: Apr 28, 1980
Height: 6-7 / 2.01
Weight: 210 lbs. / 95.3 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country:
Wake Forest / USA
Years Pro: 8

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/josh_howard/career_stats.html)

Bruno
07-01-2012, 09:00 AM
https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/219423055565422592

Jazz free agent Josh Howard getting interest from Mavs for Dallas return, source tells Y! Utah, Lakers, Nets, Spurs, Celtics also interested

Do not want.

Darkwaters
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM
With Leonard and Jackson I'm not sure why we'd want him.

Ice009
07-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Why are the Spurs always mentioned with Josh Howard?

Does this guy have the best weed or something? Why in the fuck would any of those good teams want him?

elemento
07-01-2012, 10:33 AM
He looked terrible in Utah

Do not want

elemento
07-01-2012, 10:33 AM

Do not want

ace3g
07-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Last time the Spurs were interested in Howard (trade rumor I posted during trade deadline last season) they traded for SJAX, so maybe the Spurs enjoy using Howard as a smokescreen.

Horse
07-01-2012, 11:07 AM
He's awful fuck him. He can be donkey in the real life version of shrek.

dbestpro
07-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Why are the Spurs always mentioned with Josh Howard?

Does this guy have the best weed or something? Why in the fuck would any of those good teams want him?

Only reason to sign Howard is if SJax is moved for a player of comparable salary.

Andthentherewas21
07-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Only reason to sign Howard is if SJax is moved for a player of comparable salary.

Wrong, there is no reason to sign Howard. Even if Sjax is moved, Howard is coming off a terrible season and coming off an injury. Unless it was for the vet min, its not worth the roster spot

smaka
07-01-2012, 12:21 PM
no thank you, we have Kawhi and Jack, great combination!

timvp
07-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Hell No.

He's beyond done and the Spurs are fine at SF.

ace3g
09-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Free agent forward Josh Howard to visit Spurs on Monday, source tells Y! Sports.

monkeypunk
09-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! !!!!!!!!

Ditty
09-16-2012, 01:42 PM
I hate this team

elemento
09-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Even though it's just a workout, it's kind of weird that so many SFs are working out in SA. Kapono, T-Mac, Josh Howard ..

I wonder if they have a trade on the line using Jax's expiring.

loveforthegame
09-16-2012, 02:00 PM
This again?

MR.SILVER&BLack
09-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Motherfucker!!! :bang

Bruno
09-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, Spurs have definitively an hidden plan. Both Josh Howard and T-Mac have a strong pedigree and aren't known to be the best teammates ever. You don't invite them to workouts for nothing or just to be a third string SF that will collect DNP-CD after DNP-CD.

The two most likely reasons behind these workouts is that Spurs are planing to play a lot of small-ball or that Jack/Leonard are in trade talks.

Something else strange is that this sudden interest to add a vet SF happens nearly at the end of the off-season while almost all FA are signed.

TimDunkem
09-16-2012, 03:42 PM
This just means that there's going to be a lot of small ball until they find a solution to the problems in the frontcourt.

TD 21
09-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Well, Spurs have definitively an hidden plan. Both Josh Howard and T-Mac have a strong pedigree and aren't known to be the best teammates ever. You don't invite them to workouts for nothing or just to be a third string SF that will collect DNP-CD after DNP-CD.

The two most likely reasons behind these workouts is that Spurs are planing to play a lot of small-ball or that Jack/Leonard are in trade talks.

Something else strange is that this sudden interest to add a vet SF happens nearly at the end of the off-season while almost all FA are signed.

Exactly.

The only logical conclusion to draw is that there's a trade in the works (but not involving Leonard).

Think about it . . .

Even if playing lots of small ball is their intent, wouldn't they rather utilize Green/Ginobili as third SF's to open up minutes for Mills?

Would they really bring in guys with the pedigree of McGrady and to a lesser extent, Howard, to be inactive?

If Smith is the absolute best player they'd have a realistic shot at acquiring, would they trade Leonard for him?

Jackson would seem the most likely trade candidate in this scenario, but just based on his contract alone, that would mean they'd be making a significant trade. More likely, Neal is the guy.

lcroock
09-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Jax + Kawai + Blair for Josh Smith ??

TimDunkem
09-16-2012, 05:30 PM
lol @ the prospect of Kawhi being moved. :lol

Darkwaters
09-16-2012, 05:50 PM
A Jax trade would make a lot of sense. Hes an expiring contract, and the Spurs already have their definitive starter in Leonard. If they can move the backup SF for a quality bigman it might be worthwhile.

Duncan2177
09-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Jax + Splitter + Blair or Neal for Josh Smith? Both trades work.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6vhzefp

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8sqc9zw

Ice009
09-16-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm not going to be happy if Jack or Kawhi is traded and the replacement is Tmac or Josh Howard.

Duncan2177
09-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm not going to be happy if Jack or Kawhi is traded and the replacement is Tmac or Josh Howard.

You wouldn't trade Jackson for Smith? :lol

UnWantedTheory
09-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I will take Smith & Tmac for Jack all day everyday.

slick'81
09-16-2012, 07:49 PM
fck josh howard

Ice009
09-16-2012, 08:00 PM
You wouldn't trade Jackson for Smith? :lol

Do you really think we are going to get Smith for Sjax? I don't, but if that was the return, then yeah, we'd have to take it.

I don't think Josh Smith is a great playoff performer though like Jack is, so not sure I would like it. I like guys that can hit big shots in big games and I usually recall Smith clanging a lot of those shots. Overall, he is obviously a better player with a lot more tools, but not impressed with his shooting, attitude or playoff performances.

Maybe someone can correct me and show me that he's been a good playoff performer, because I simply haven't watched many Hawks playoff games.

Edit : Just checked his playoff stats and he shot 38% from the field and didn't make a single 3 pointer. He also hasn't ever averaged double digit rebounds in any season. I thought he was supposed to be a pretty good rebounder? His field goal percentage is in the mid 40s and his 3 point percentage is under 30%, not sure how this guy would fit on the Spurs. Would he be able defend Kevin Durant, Lebron, Pau Gasol? Is he versatile enough on defense to check those guys?

How much does Smith make anyway? If we'd have to throw in Splitter too and don't get a backup center in return then there is no way that I would make that trade.

Redshadows
09-16-2012, 08:02 PM
:lolSJax for Paul Millsap/Al Horford.

Andthentherewas21
09-16-2012, 08:11 PM

Would have to include a backup center unless the Spurs want to sign Darko or Fesenko.

Doubt it would happen though unless Smith made it clear to ATL that he wasn't going to stay put, no matter what, next summer. Otherwise, pretty sure ATL has already said they are going to try to build around him for the future.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Do not want

spurraider21
09-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Pop is usually among the harshest critics of all coaches, and he was on record saying that Kawhi will "be a star." There is zero chance Kawhi is being moved. Remember, they had to give up George Hill for Kawhi. Not only was Hill a VERY good player for the team, but it was no surprise he was Pop's pet. His "favorite player."

No way they would dump Kawhi for Josh smurfing Smith. Anyway, I don't see any reason for adding a guy like Howard or Tmac. I personally still like our roster the way it is, provided Blair gets more minutes EXCEPT against extraordinarily big teams like the Lakers or Grizzlies. Also, they should really start to use Mills as the primary backup point guard instead of Neal. I do like Neal and his pure shot-making ability, but Mills has shown he is very capable of shooting the lights out AND he's a much more natural point guard than Neal.
Parker-Mills
Green-Manu
Kawhi-Jax
Diaw-Blair
Duncan-Splitter
Then when they choose to go small ball, which they should more often, it will open up minutes for Neal, De Colo, etc.

mountainballer
09-17-2012, 02:43 AM

the same package for Al Horford works as well. let's do this.
oh wait, we can get LMA for the package.
let's do that trade.
damn, it's so hard to choose, when you have that many options.

Bruno
09-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Even if Spurs have reached the WCF last year, there are a lot of players in their roster they could be willing to trade:
- Jack: he was good in the playoffs, but his $10M expiring contract is a nice trade asset. Spurs might be too scare that he start asking for an extension.
- Blair: He asked to be traded and he has been a disappointment after a great rookie season.
- Bonner: Pop gave up on him against OKC. Once Pop gave up on a player, it's almost always definitive. His contract isn't that bad with only $1M guaranteed after this year.
- Splitter: Pop isn't that high on him (cf the whole blue collar thing) and he has been disappointing in the playoffs. When you see that Asik got $8.4M per year this summer, Spurs might not want to give him that kind of big contract next summer.
- Neal: He is fine and very cheap but Spurs have a true logjam at the guard spots and trading him might be the best way to clear it.
- Joseph: If Spurs gave up on him, he is still a little expiring contract.

Add to that future picks and rights to some euros. Spurs don't have enough to offer to get a superstar but they have the assets to make a significant deal like they did with the trade for Richard Jefferson. Hopefully, this time, if they pull the trigger, the outcome won't be the same.

SenorSpur
09-17-2012, 09:12 AM
What is with the Spurs facsination with this scrub? Howard used to be a really good player. If they were so hot on him, they should've initially drafted him in 2003, instead of allowing him to go to Dallas.

Let's see, they weren't interested in him, when he was a hot rookie, coming off a fine college career as the reigning ACC Player of the year, with a good career in front of him. Yet, now that he's a washed-up, declining player, they're hot on his trail? This makes no sense whatsoever.

For whatever reason, be it injury or age, he's no longer a productive player and he doesn't really seem to care either.

Please pass!

Ice009
09-17-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm baffled that the Spurs are looking at Josh Howard. He wasn't good at all in the games against the Spurs last season, and the Spurs should have gotten a good enough look in their playoff series against the Jazz to know that he wouldn't really be much help at all.

therealtruth
09-17-2012, 10:08 AM
What is with the Spurs facsination with this scrub? Howard used to be a really good player. If they were so hot on him, they should've initially drafted him in 2003, instead of allowing him to go to Dallas.

Let's see, they weren't interested in him, when he was a hot rookie, coming off a fine college career as the reigning ACC Player of the year, with a good career in front of him. Yet, now that he's a washed-up, declining player, they're hot on his trail? This makes no sense whatsoever.

For whatever reason, be it injury or age, he's no longer a productive player and he doesn't really seem to care either.

Please pass!

We need him to take a spot so we can't get a legit big. But seriously it may be possible they could move Jackson's expiring contract for a big and then they would need a backup SF.

Duncan2177
09-17-2012, 10:15 AM
We need him to take a spot so we can't get a legit big. But seriously it may be possible they could move Jackson's expiring contract for a big and then they would need a backup SF.

Exactly what other explanation is there?

RodNIc91
09-17-2012, 10:53 AM
I believe its a smokescreen like ace3g said. I believe they are high on this Japeth Aguilar guy so they are driving the attention away.

mountainballer
09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
why don't you see the logic in such a move? (to sign a vet. SF like Howard or t-mac for the min.)
the Spurs best trade chip at dealine will be Sjax and his contract. this doesn't mean they will trade him, but it means they will likely try.
and if they do, it will be for a big. and when this happens, they will be one SF short. (they will need to sign a FA or trade for one, whatever they do, it will be a new player, who isn't familiar with the system)
it's obviously a better strategy to create some depth at the position you know that will face some moves. and have a player, who has a camp and some games with the team under his belt comes deadline.
I would prefer they sign a PF for the remaining spot (like K-Mart), but if they think long term (and they usually do, at least they try) it might be wise to sign a SF.

btw. I'm not going to defend JH, he was really bad last season. but to be fair, his injury last March was thought to be season ending, but he came back for the PO serien vs. the Spurs (which was to early, obviously). he wasn't the same after his ACL in 2010 and played with knee issues since then. maybe 4 months of treatment since the PO have helped. it seems as if the Spurs at least are willing to have a look. if his knee isn't any better, they won't sing him anyway.

CGD
09-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Would have to include a backup center unless the Spurs want to sign Darko or Fesenko.

Doubt it would happen though unless Smith made it clear to ATL that he wasn't going to stay put, no matter what, next summer. Otherwise, pretty sure ATL has already said they are going to try to build around him for the future.

Yeah, Josh Smith makes zero sense from ATL's point of view. Why move one expiring contract for three, when you can keep the savings for yourself in the event he walks next summer?

If Spurs trade Jax + parts, it will be to a team looking for relief, which means the Spurs must take $$ & years back. Not a bad proposition for the right player, given our track record wooing unrestricted FAs to SA.

SenorSpur
09-17-2012, 02:32 PM
I believe its a smokescreen like ace3g said. I believe they are high on this Japeth Aguilar guy so they are driving the attention away.

It had better be because Howard has morphed into a straight up dog - and I used to be a huge fan of his too.

ace3g
09-17-2012, 02:49 PM
It had better be because Howard has morphed into a straight up dog - and I used to be a huge fan of his too.

I mentioned the smokescreen back in July when FA first started and there was a rumor about the Spurs being interested, then the smoke went away, and teams interested in JH didn't include the Spurs. Now their name pops up again, so I don't know anymore.

Before some thought it was just his agent upping his price my mentioning the Spurs interest, but now that he is coming for a workout...

crc21209
09-17-2012, 04:28 PM
HELL no. If we're going to go for a guy who likes smoking pot, go for Kenyon Martin. At least he's still got some game left...:lol

TD 21
09-17-2012, 04:49 PM
I just threw Smith out there as an example. Really, what I meant was, a player of that caliber is more than likely the absolute best they could do. And if they wouldn't trade Leonard for that (and they wouldn't), then they're not trading Leonard.

Bruno, why are you convinced that Pop gave up on Bonner? His minimal role in that series was most likely match-up/circumstance related (the same thing happened to Jackson against the Clippers). The former because Ibaka/Collison are minimal offensive threats, so they didn't necessarily need him to defend them and obviously he couldn't defend Durant. The latter because Leonard and Jackson were two of their best players in the series and needed their minutes increased.

Keep in mind, in the Grizzlies series, his minutes declined every game until game six (where there was a slight increase), yet there he was last season, in his familiar third big/20 mpg role.

dbestpro
09-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Amare has no chemistry with Carmelo and has the obligatory over paid contract, but could be the move that makes sense for both teams. NY would get a bench plus much needed cap relief and an opportunity to build some chemistry.

temujin
09-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Howard actually played for the Spurs last year in the playoffs, only payed by someone else.
No need to change that.

G-Dawgg
09-18-2012, 03:56 PM
The Spurs seem to really want to land this guy...Maybe they see something in him that would really fit well on our team.. either that or Stephen Jackson is on his way out......

SanAntonioSpurs23
09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
I'd feel bad for Jack if he was traded. He came up huge in the playoffs and was one
Of the few that showed heart in that OKC series. With that said, if you can get a guy Lil Horford or Smith, you have to do it.

As long as Leonard is not involved.....

Ice009
09-19-2012, 01:41 AM
I don't want Jack traded at all, if he is though, then the return better be darn good. If we get another RJ like player in return then I don't even want to talk about it.

Russo21
09-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Arent we set at SF with Jackson and Leonard?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20212814/report-josh-howard-working-out-with-spurs

Why work out Josh Howard? Unless maybe a captain jack trade is about to go down. Someone might love his 10 million expiring contract

jon123spurs
09-19-2012, 01:19 PM
http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-articles/september/despite-sa-visit-jazz-could-be-near-deal-with-howard.html Well I'm glad that's over.

Duncan2177
09-19-2012, 01:41 PM
http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-articles/september/despite-sa-visit-jazz-could-be-near-deal-with-howard.html Well I'm glad that's over.

Good they can have him.