PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Bob Welch, Fleetwood Mac

NameDropper
06-07-2012, 05:04 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2012/0607bob-welch-dead-fleetwood-mac-suicide/

One of the best Bands around.

cantthinkofanything
06-07-2012, 05:08 PM
That's too bad. At least it wasn't any of the important members.

mrsmaalox
06-07-2012, 05:54 PM
He wrote one of the 3 Fleetwood Mac songs I like

r3SqYMgKhsk&feature=related

RIP Bob Welch :toast

Wild Cobra Kai
06-07-2012, 11:15 PM
He was the Pete Best/Stu Sutcliffe of FM. He left the band and had one solo single hit...then they went nuclear. Had to suck for him watching them roll out platinum albums on the regular once he left.

Capt Bringdown
06-08-2012, 02:33 AM
FnJOsfalSYs

Avante
06-08-2012, 08:16 AM

My fav FM tune. I have that album because of that song, my only FM album/tape/CD. My wife has a few.

thispego
06-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Fleetwood Mac, best band EVA

thispego
06-08-2012, 09:54 AM

what song is it? youtube isn't working on my computer. i figured you for a fleetwood mac girl, you only like 3 of their songs??

cantthinkofanything
06-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Fleetwood Mac, best band EVA

Great band but best EVA?

Was thinking about this a couple of weeks ago. Are there any bands from the U.S. that rival the Beatles, Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin in terms of popularity and/or staying power and/or influence?

I'm hard pressed to think of any. Fleetwood Mac? The Eagles?

silverblk mystix
06-08-2012, 10:03 AM
This was always one of those songs that they just didn't play enough-usually it is the opposite...songs are overplayed and lose their specialness...

jE9CW-QHoUo

rip

cantthinkofanything
06-08-2012, 10:06 AM
This was always one of those songs that they just didn't play enough-usually it is the opposite...songs are overplayed and lose their specialness...

rip

Just heard this last night for the first time in a while...
Talk about timeless transcendent songs...

Dly6I8pqXcI

Avante
06-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Great band but best EVA?

Was thinking about this a couple of weeks ago. Are there any bands from the U.S. that rival the Beatles, Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin in terms of popularity and/or staying power and/or influence?

I'm hard pressed to think of any. Fleetwood Mac? The Eagles?

ZZ Top
CCR
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
Bob Dylan
The Beach Boys

Fleetwod Mac would ba A British-American band.

cantthinkofanything
06-08-2012, 10:14 AM
ZZ Top
CCR
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
Bob Dylan
The Beach Boys

I was specifically looking for entities known as bands. Those are all decent choices but I don't think they are anywhere near the popularity of the other three I named.

Yeah...good point on Fleetwood Mac. I guess I've always considered them American. But can't pinpoint why.

thispego
06-08-2012, 10:23 AM
well, fleetwood is my favorite band, but they're just at the top of the heap which include all the other bands mentioned in this thread like the eagles and the stones

Avante
06-08-2012, 10:25 AM
I was specifically looking for entities known as bands. Those are all decent choices but I don't think they are anywhere near the popularity of the other three I named.

Yeah...good point on Fleetwood Mac. I guess I've always considered them American. But can't pinpoint why.

No bands compare to the The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. Only Elvis and Bob Dylan could hang but like you said ....band???

What's funny is that both The Beatles and Stones were influensed by Americans as was Led Zeppelin.

cantthinkofanything
06-08-2012, 10:33 AM
No bands compare to the The Beatles and The Rolling Stones. Only Elvis and Bob Dylan could hang but like you said ....band???

Yeah, I couldn't think of anything close. I guess Aerosmith deserves mention but with the shit they've been putting out for the last 20 years, it didn't seem right to put them with the others.

What's funny is that both The Beatles and Stones were influensed by Americans as was Led Zeppelin.

Sure. But those early blues men were influenced by someone else as well. I don't know the history before then but I guess some could be traced back to Africa?

Avante
06-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I couldn't think of anything close. I guess Aerosmith deserves mention but with the shit they've been putting out for the last 20 years, it didn't seem right to put them with the others.

Sure. But those early blues men were influenced by someone else as well. I don't know the history before then but I guess some could be traced back to Africa?

Not in an essay writing mood so...

Slaves brought the rhythm over
First blues recordings 1920's
Jimmie Rodgers "The King of Country Music" was influensed by blacks
The early rockers like Elvis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard also influensed by blues/gospel
Then here come the British, The Beatles knew all about Chuck Berry
The Stones started out as a blues band, big fans of Elmore James, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters.
Eric Burdon a Big Joe Turner fan.

And so it went....

mrsmaalox
06-08-2012, 11:06 AM
what song is it? youtube isn't working on my computer. i figured you for a fleetwood mac girl, you only like 3 of their songs??

It's "Hypnotized" :) The other FM songs I like are "Gold Dust Woman" and er, I can't think of the other one! :lol

My favorite band of all time is Steely Dan----a great jazz band that ROCKS!

thispego
06-08-2012, 11:13 AM
with fleetwood, the songs i dont like make for a much shorter list :lol

jjktkk
06-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Rip.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
06-08-2012, 08:33 PM
ZZ Top
CCR
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
Bob Dylan
The Beach Boys

:lol ZZ Top

But yeah, Fleetwood is one of my favorite bands. Rumours is a top 5 album for me, and Stevie Nicks is my favorite female singer.

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Not the biggest FM fan but Rumours is an amazing album. I like some of their 80s shit like Everywhere and Little Lies too. Kind of a guilty pleasure band for me tbh

Bender
06-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I mostly like FM in their early blues/Peter Green period