PDA

View Full Version : LAL/Spurs/Mavs/Blazers/Suns

pass1st
06-07-2012, 09:28 PM
How many years of mediocrity/non-contention do these franchises have?

I'll guess

LAL: 1-2 years
Spurs: 4-6 years
Mavs: 6-8 years
Blazers: 15+ years
Suns: :lol

lefty
06-07-2012, 09:34 PM
:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Definitely gonna be awhile for the Spurs, especially since they'll be stuck in that purgatory of being in the playoffs but never good enough for the title anymore. Their scouting is awesome, but they won't find franchise-changing players with the 25th pick.

Reck
Spurs will still make the playoffs but wont be contenders for a few years.

4-6 years is a laughable proportion.

Kai
I can only assume you didn't include the Rockets because of their obvious bright immediate and long term future.

pass1st
06-07-2012, 09:37 PM
I can only assume you didn't include the Rockets because of their obvious bright immediate and long term future.

Spurs, rockets

same shit

pass1st
06-07-2012, 09:43 PM

Considering Spurs are planning on rebuilding through the draft, it should take 4 years to do that at least. It might take another year or two to draft another franchise player.

tesseractive
06-07-2012, 09:43 PM
LAL: until Kobe either retires or dials back his shot selection

pass1st
06-07-2012, 09:45 PM
LAL: until Kobe either retires or dials back his shot selection

Nah, Lakers will get some elite player on a massively 1-sided deal and probably be gifted a lotto pick for some reason.

Latarian Milton
06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
dallas will come right back next year with the brandnew Trio of Dirk/Deron/DH tbh

100%duncan
06-07-2012, 11:04 PM
:lmao15 more years of busting knees:lmao

cobbler
06-07-2012, 11:09 PM

The only thing laughable is your logic. You are at 5 years right now while trying to add pieces to a championship core. What makes you think you can retool in less than that while losing all star caliber championship tested players? Yikes!

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I'll be thoroughly impressed (and annoyed) if the Suns can maintain mediocrity for another 2+ years. I see them becoming the LA Clippers where they aren't even mired in mediocrity, their mired in shit :lol

tesseractive
06-08-2012, 12:03 AM
:lmao15 more years of busting knees:lmao

Tonya Harding was from Portland. Coincidence? :lol

irishock
06-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Lakers have the GM's respect. They literally trade trash for gems.

Mavs have cap space. They'll be right back into the mix next year.

Spurs organization is too good. They'll be in contention for at least until Duncan retires.

Blazers will take around 26 years to return to the playoffs.

BRHornet45
06-08-2012, 12:13 AM
sons the N.O. Spirit will be the next OKC Thunder in about 3 years. just watch.

BRHornet45
06-08-2012, 12:14 AM
N.O. Spirit Playoff Prediction

2012-13: First Round Elimination

2013-14: Western Conference Finals Elimination

2014-15: WWE Finals Champions

100%duncan
06-08-2012, 12:19 AM

Son, OKC will rule the west in the next decade. You won't beat them sons.

Donkeybong
06-08-2012, 12:26 AM
i think spurs have one more deep playoff run in them. They just need a serviceable big and they'll compete. After next year, they're done.

Richie
06-08-2012, 12:36 AM

Worst thing NO can do is make the playoffs next year. One more lottery year in the Top 8 with a smart pick and you'll be set, assuming Gordon stays and you get it right with #10 this year.

Davis, Gordon, Lillard (#10) and one more piece next year and you will have a challenger. You'll have low salary too with all the young guns so get a 2nd tier free agent who isn't a liability on defence and you're golden

100%duncan
06-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Worst thing NO can do is make the playoffs next year. One more lottery year in the Top 8 with a smart pick and you'll be set, assuming Gordon stays and you get it right with #10 this year.

Davis, Gordon, Lillard (#10) and one more piece next year and you will have a challenger. You'll have low salary too with all the young guns so get a 2nd tier free agent who isn't a liability on defence and you're golden

NO won't tank next season.

Richie
06-08-2012, 01:18 AM
NO won't tank next season.

Not tanking, but don't try and ride Davis, Lillard and Gordon 40mins/night to try to win games. Accept that it is beneficial for the team to be high in the lottery one more year and don't over play the rookies.

Look at LeBron in Cleveland, ridden 40 min/game his rookie season, 2004 is their only lotto pick in his time there and they get Luke Jackson at #10. If he played only 32-34 mins, maybe they go up a pick or two and, pick up Luol Deng or Iguodala and maybe Cleveland wins a title.

pass1st
06-08-2012, 01:35 AM

Son, I always liked the Hornets/Spirits, I hope Davis pans out to an elite player. Hopefully they draft one of the talented guards that will go later on in the draft with their 10th as well.

pass1st
06-08-2012, 01:37 AM
eZEiz90oLB4

Perfect Robin for Davis, tbh

Darth_Pelican
06-08-2012, 10:07 AM

:lol son I hope so. Go Spirit!

100%duncan
06-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Not tanking, but don't try and ride Davis, Lillard and Gordon 40mins/night to try to win games. Accept that it is beneficial for the team to be high in the lottery one more year and don't over play the rookies.

Look at LeBron in Cleveland, ridden 40 min/game his rookie season, 2004 is their only lotto pick in his time there and they get Luke Jackson at #10. If he played only 32-34 mins, maybe they go up a pick or two and, pick up Luol Deng or Iguodala and maybe Cleveland wins a title.

That's technically tanking.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-08-2012, 11:48 AM
I think playing Davis a bunch will still result in a high draft pick for New Orleans in 2013. They'll still have a very incomplete team and Davis isn't gonna be an immediate contributor offensively. If New Orleans does tank and gets Shabazz in 2013 :wow

BUMP
06-08-2012, 12:07 PM
The Spurs have the bleakest future of any team listed once Duncan retires. They're still a small market team that got ridiculously lucky with Duncan. They'll never get a big name free agent.

:lol having the greatest power forward of all time fall in their laps. I think they're gonna become the 21st Century Utah Jazz. 20 years of being a playoff team that will be a 2nd round ceiling team.

100%duncan
06-08-2012, 12:09 PM
The Spurs have the bleakest future of any team listed once Duncan retires. They're still a small market team that got ridiculously lucky with Duncan. They'll never get a big name free agent.

:lol having the greatest power forward of all time fall in their laps. I think they're gonna become the 21st Century Utah Jazz. 20 years of being a playoff team that will be a 2nd round ceiling team.

:cry 1 and done :cry

BUMP
06-08-2012, 12:10 PM
:lol having no rebuttal

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-08-2012, 12:11 PM
I think the Suns have the bleakest long term future of all but a few teams as long as Sarver and Lon Babby are running things.

If they fire Gentry and Miami is smart enough to hire him NBA = f:lolcked

100%duncan
06-08-2012, 12:14 PM
:lol having no rebuttal

:lol can't read properly :lol

djohn2oo8
06-08-2012, 12:17 PM
:lol As long as Les Alexander owns this team, the Rockets will forever be a dog chasing it's own ass.

Reck
06-08-2012, 02:01 PM
The only thing laughable is your logic. You are at 5 years right now while trying to add pieces to a championship core. What makes you think you can retool in less than that while losing all star caliber championship tested players? Yikes!

The logic of a blind homer is so much more profound than mine. :lol

Thinking it will take 6 years to get teh Spurs back to contention. :lmao

pass1st
06-08-2012, 02:55 PM
The logic of a blind homer is so much more profound than mine. :lol

6 years at the latest, tbh. You really have to look at how aged the entire franchise is. Duncan and Manu are going to have to settle into limited roles if they want to keep playing. You also have pop who is pretty fucking old right now and I'm not sure his head is screwed on as straight as it usually is. Those 3 are huge if they want to contend.

Even though Spurs have some future in Splitter and Leonard, it isn't enough unless they attract good FAs, which is something Spurs have a lot of trouble doing. Spurs have to build through the draft unless they get lucky in the FA market and that takes at least 4 years to accumulate and develop young talent.

Reck
06-08-2012, 04:09 PM
6 years at the latest, tbh. You really have to look at how aged the entire franchise is. Duncan and Manu are going to have to settle into limited roles if they want to keep playing. You also have pop who is pretty fucking old right now and I'm not sure his head is screwed on as straight as it usually is. Those 3 are huge if they want to contend.

Even though Spurs have some future in Splitter and Leonard, it isn't enough unless they attract good FAs, which is something Spurs have a lot of trouble doing. Spurs have to build through the draft unless they get lucky in the FA market and that takes at least 4 years to accumulate and develop young talent.

I agree with this when it comes to contending for a championship. Spurs will still make the playoffs with a decent roster.

The whole western conference has a big question mark when it comes to how old the top teams are. As it stands right now, it doesn't matter if the Spurs dont contend for championships in the coming years because outside of the Thunder I dont see anyone else stepping up so you might as well rebuild while Thunder takes over while you try to get good.

BUMP
06-08-2012, 05:41 PM

Yeah that would be silly thinking. Anything less than 10-15 years for the Spurs to get back into contention. Unless you're a big market team, when you're superstar retires, you're gonna be mediocre for a LONG time.

Spurs are gonna be fucked once Timmy retires. Poppovich is too good a coach to let his team be complete shit for many years. The Spurs are gonna be like the DWill/Boozer Jazz. Always good enough to sneak into the playoffs, but never bad enough to get a franchise changing player.

stuck in the middle i saaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddd