PDA

View Full Version : This season was gravy

DarrinS
06-07-2012, 09:31 PM
To be honest, this season was an unexpected surprise. Who would've thought that our high-mileage big three, with a mid-season trade and a couple of greenhorns would be on the cusp of taking the Thunder, arguably the best team in the league, to a game 7 on our court in the WCF?

Take it for what it is -- the team really overachieved and it was a fun ride. For added bonus, we got to witness our team beat the shit out of the fakers twice in one month.

Russ
06-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah, but gravy just makes you yearn for the main course.

siraulo23
06-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Kind of sucked our season ended ultimately because splitter couldnt score on small players and green hit a shooting slump at the wrong time

It was a magical run, but the way it ended was heartbreaking

jon123spurs
06-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Just realize how close we were. 6 wins from #5 its a shame that Mr. Stern decided he wanted to have queen James vs. Mr. Doo doo jump. Btw Russ your GIF is boss lol I love it!

DarrinS
06-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Kind of sucked our season ended ultimately because splitter couldnt score on small players and green hit a shooting slump at the wrong time

It was a magical run, but the way it ended was heartbreaking

Or, it might have ended because we played two half-assed teams in the first two rounds and then ran into a juggernaut team loaded with young, talented, and freakishly athletic players.

baseline bum
06-07-2012, 09:57 PM
It was one of the most fun seasons in franchise history. Obviously it doesn't compare with the title years, but it was great to see that 10 man rotation pull together with different guys stepping up every night now that Tim and Manu are past the age of being able to carry the load themselves.

thispego
06-07-2012, 10:02 PM
To be honest, this season was an unexpected surprise. Who would've thought that our high-mileage big three, with a mid-season trade and a couple of greenhorns would be on the cusp of taking the Thunder, arguably the best team in the league, to a game 7 on our court in the WCF?

Take it for what it is -- the team really overachieved and it was a fun ride. For added bonus, we got to witness our team beat the shit out of the fakers twice in one month.

You're a fuckin fag :lol

DustinGoSpurs
06-07-2012, 10:09 PM
dont see how we overachieved. #1 in the west two years in a row. anything less than the WCF would have been a disappointment to me.

spurs1990
06-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Who would've thought that our high-mileage big three, with a mid-season trade and a couple of greenhorns would be on the cusp of taking the Thunder, arguably the best team in the league, to a game 7 on our court in the WCF?

So the Spurs had the best record in the league, beat OK 2-1 in the regular season, won 20 straight by an average of 13 points including 2 solid wins in the WCF, and the thunder were "arguably the best team in the league"?

JFC

100%duncan
06-07-2012, 10:53 PM
What the fuck are you talking about

z0sa
06-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Ummm no. Gravy doesn't win 20 straight including 10 in the playoffs. It doesn't make the WCFs. It doesn't have a supposed MVP candidate.

DarrinS
06-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Ummm no. Gravy doesn't win 20 straight including 10 in the playoffs. It doesn't make the WCFs. It doesn't have a supposed MVP candidate.

You should reexamine that 20 win streak

100%duncan
06-07-2012, 11:21 PM
Dude it really wasn't gravy. We were expected to be here after the trade.

dbreiden83080
06-07-2012, 11:34 PM
When you go on a 20 game win streak and are up 2-0 in the west finals it is going to hurt like hell.. And it hurts like hell.. I am as depressed as i was in 2006 especially since Duncan and this run is at an end...

Jumi
06-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Bullshit! Stop giving this team a pass! I'm not gonna say they choked, but they should've won that series! Plain and Simple!! Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and at times Manu Ginobili, play basketball at a very high level. This one is on Pop for his piss poor rotations, not using Blair earlier, sticking with Danny Green too long, and resigning Matt Bonner! Pop went "full retard"!

dbreiden83080
06-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Bullshit! Stop giving this team a pass! I'm not gonna say they choked, but they should've won that series! Plain and Simple!! Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and at times Manu Ginobili, play basketball at a very high level. This one is on Pop for his piss poor rotations, not using Blair earlier, sticking with Danny Green too long, and resigning Matt Bonner! Pop went "full retard"!

The loss is on Tony to me.. This was his shot to elevate his legacy as the teams best scorer.. The best player is still Tim.. Tony was a no show for games 3-5 and that is why they lost. When he was scoring at will in game 6 my only thought was "Where the fuck has this been for 3 games".... he can score on them at will in their building in game 6 but he has almost nothing in the pivotal game 5 in SA.. :wtf

Spur|n|Austin
06-08-2012, 12:26 AM
I hate gravy.

Jumi
06-08-2012, 12:27 AM
The loss is on Tony to me.. This was his shot to elevate his legacy as the teams best scorer.. The best player is still Tim.. Tony was a no show for games 3-5 and that is why they lost. When he was scoring at will in game 6 my only thought was "Where the fuck has this been for 3 games".... he can score on them at will in their building in game 6 but he has almost nothing in the pivotal game 5 in SA.. :wtf
I'll give you that point. Also the way he performed in the third quarter, but his overall play wasn't the reason we lost. Fatigue played a role because the system turned out to be only as good as the players. We need a new system or guys who can create for themselves or we're officially over! This was a great team, that failed in the clutch, AGAIN!!

100%duncan
06-08-2012, 12:28 AM

TBH, Pop lost the coaching battle and the rest is history.

BackHome
06-08-2012, 12:59 AM
dont see how we overachieved. #1 in the west two years in a row. anything less than the WCF would have been a disappointment to me.

How a coach doesn't get fired for not getting his team to the final at least once? Come on man you got the best record in the NBA and you don't get to the finals.............:wow

Jumi
06-08-2012, 01:07 AM
How a coach doesn't get fired for not getting his team to the final at least once? Come on man you got the best record in the NBA and you don't get to the finals.............:wow
Exactly! How does Pop get a pass for this! Saying the team "over achieved!" That's a back hand way of saying, "Don't hold me accountable for this epic failure, AGAIN!"