PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a big Lebron fan, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2012, 01:37 AM
..but that was one of the top 3 playoff performances from a perimeter player of all-time, tbh..only Lebron vs. Detroit is on the same level..

It means nothing if they lose game 7, but regardless, I can't think of another perimeter player that had a game that rivals this historic game..

Jordan's 63 came in 3 OTs in a game with 40 additional possessions, and he had absolutely no pressure, at that time..Kobe has had a few, but he had Shaq, allowing him to face less defensive attention..

Baron Davιs
06-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Real Talk, tbh.

pass1st
06-08-2012, 01:43 AM
:lol Not an LBJ fan and saying this is a top 3 performance

Jordan has at least half a dozen performances trumping it, Kobe has a few games against a Spurs team that was much better than this Celtics team. Celtics are a tired team that are overperforming and they didn't play great today.

LBJ had a great game, but don't start a circle jerk and put it in a top 10 of all time performance, let alone t:lolp 3.

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Post them..

The first player to put up 45-15-5 in 48 years..never been done in the modern era..against the number 1 defense in the NBA..in an elimination game, on the road, with limited teammate production..

There isn't a better game, sorry..

:lol mentioning any Kobe game with Shaq on the team..

pass1st
06-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Post them..

The first player to put up 45-15-5 in 48 years..never been done in the modern era..against the number 1 defense in the NBA..in an elimination game, on the road, with limited teammate production..

:lol mentioning any Kobe game with Shaq on the team..

I like how you conviently put in the 5 assists to exclude Kobe's game 1 performance against a 2001 Spurs team that was better defensively than this Celtics team.

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2012, 01:52 AM
:lol Kobe fan angry about assists..

pass1st
06-08-2012, 01:53 AM
+ also just because Shaq was on the team doesn't take away from the fact he racked up 46/16 on that team. Everybody knows Shaq won the war, but that series, Kobe won the battle.

namlook
06-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Post them..

The first player to put up 45-15-5 in 48 years..never been done in the modern era..against the number 1 defense in the NBA.

:lol Did that look like the #1 defense in the NBA to you? The Celtics obviously had no legs tonight. Pierce looked like he was playing in mud. Rondo was the only Celtics player that had any life in him.

pass1st
06-08-2012, 01:54 AM
:lol Kobe fan angry about assists..

:lolthinking I'm a kobe fan when I take crap about him all the time
:lolsaying you're not an LBJ fan, but calling this a top 3 performance
:lolSaying you're not an LBJ fan and then saying his game against the Pistons was the best ever in NBA history
:lolThinking this celtics team is elite because they got the upper hand on an overrated heat team

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2012, 01:55 AM
I can't include a player that had the most unstoppable player in NBA history, in his prime, on the court with him..makes it a lot easier to perform..

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2012, 01:56 AM
It's a fact that the Celtics D is elite and the #1 D in the NBA..

:lol arguing with quantified, statistical facts..

pass1st
06-08-2012, 01:58 AM
I can't include a player that had the most unstoppable player in NBA history, in his prime, on the court with him..makes it a lot easier to perform..

:lolNot knowing Spurs were one of the few, if not only team that could handle Shaq
:lolWe could only beat the spurs by relying on Kobe/Fisher/role-players most of the time
:lolNever watched the series or would know this

pass1st
06-08-2012, 02:00 AM
It's a fact that the Celtics D is elite and the #1 D in the NBA..

:lol arguing with quantified, statistical facts..

:lolDefense is worse today than it was in the early 2000s
:lolGrasping straws to put LBJ in GoAT discussion
:lolOverrating the Celtics
:lolBeing able to play mediocre defense in the east makes you the best in the conference

mavs>spurs
06-08-2012, 02:00 AM
What I wanna know is why the op posts ellipses nonstop u got OCD or something bro?

Venti Quattro
06-08-2012, 02:01 AM
That's his schtick, and it's not really harmful so I just ignore it.

mavs>spurs
06-08-2012, 02:04 AM
How is that considered a shtick? It's just bad grammar and makes you look like kool aid :lol

pass1st
06-08-2012, 02:05 AM
How is that considered a shtick? It's just bad grammar and makes you look like kool aid :lol

They both have about the same IQ, tbh.

tesseractive
06-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Elgin Baylor dropped 61 and 22 to beat the Celtics in regulation in Game 5 of the 62 Finals. 45 and 15 is a very nice line indeed, but 61 and 22 pretty well destroys it.

Magic put up 42/15/7/3 as a rookie, filling in for an injured Kareem at center, in game 6 of the 1980 finals to clench the title.

At age 34, Michael Jordan dropped 38/7/5 in game 5 or the 97 Finals, the "Flu Game", after a doctor told him there was no way he could possibly play.

Isiah Thomas dropped 43/3/8/6 with a sprained ankle in game 6 of the 88 finals.

pass1st
06-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Elgin Baylor dropped 61 and 22 to beat the Celtics in regulation in Game 5 of the 62 Finals. 45 and 15 is a very nice line indeed, but 61 and 22 pretty well destroys it.

Magic put up 42/15/7/3 as a rookie, filling in for an injured Kareem at center, in game 6 of the 1980 finals to clench the title.

At age 34, Michael Jordan dropped 38/7/5 in game 5 or the 97 Finals, the "Flu Game", after a doctor told him there was no way he could possibly play.

Just one of the few better performances in history :lol

baseline bum
06-08-2012, 02:33 AM
I like how you conviently put in the 5 assists to exclude Kobe's game 1 performance against a 2001 Spurs team that was better defensively than this Celtics team.

Real talk, that was impressive the way he scored at will over Antonio Daniels.

Josepatches_
06-08-2012, 02:37 AM
Post them..

It's the truth.

Game 6 facing elimination on the road...

One more is the fact he won the game in 3 quarters.He could made 50+ easily if they need it.

It was one of the best performances of all time. Only fools can denied it

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2012, 02:40 AM
:lol Elgin Baylor played in 1962, where teams averaged 40+ additional possessions per game IIRC..

Magic's game is up there..

Jordan's game was statistically inferior, by a large margin..he couldn't even shoot 50%:lol..:lol dad getting killed due to gambling

Isiah's game was statistically inferior, it was a loss, and it came against a D that was barely in the top 10..still a greatn performance, though..

Only Magic's game rivals Lebron's, so far..

tesseractive
06-08-2012, 03:43 AM
Jordan's 63 came in 3 OTs in a game with 40 additional possessions, and he had absolutely no pressure, at that time..Kobe has had a few, but he had Shaq, allowing him to face less defensive attention..

Well, if you want to talk about lack of pressure, LeBron built a comfortable lead and never had to hit any shots in crunch time with the game on the line. Which is fortunate, because LeBron's tendency to choke down the stretch is downright legendary.

Compare that with Jordan's 45 in the clenching Game 6 of the 1998 Finals including a miracle shot to win the game, and Jordan's game came with a crapload more pressure attached to it. But I guess that can't possibly compare with LeBron's night because of the rebounds involved.

DAF86
06-08-2012, 03:44 AM

Are you trying to help Harlem with his argument? :lol

tesseractive
06-08-2012, 03:53 AM
Jordan's game was statistically inferior, by a large margin..he couldn't even shoot 50%

That;s because he didn't play under the current defensive rules which ban hand checking and a whole bunch of vicious physical play that Jordan had to deal with. If Jordan were in his prime today, he could probably drop 50 a game.

But I guess because number of possessions is a numerical measure and defensive rules aren't, you can use that to force the math to come out the way you want.

BTW, if you're "not a big LeBron fan", why is it that you love the Heat so much? Big Udonis Haslem fan?

Also, why is it that you are only counting perimeter players? You do realize that LeBron James's listed playing weight is about 5 pounds different from Tim Duncan's, and he's 3 inches taller than Charles Barkley?

Latarian Milton
06-08-2012, 04:07 AM
bron played like god last night, just hope he can keep his good form till the finals is done & championship is won tbh. also gonna need wade to perform in the finals, also our role players need to step up and do something, just can't put all pressure on bron imho we need at least a backup plan in the event he chokes again

benefactor
06-08-2012, 05:36 AM
:lol thread title
:lol anyone expecting anything serious in this thread after seeing it

ElNono
06-08-2012, 06:53 AM
troll bait evident... what the hell pass1st? :lol

djohn2oo8
06-08-2012, 08:05 AM
lol pass got taken to the woodshed

ClippersDynasty
06-08-2012, 08:11 AM
A Kobe fan with the username Pass1st, you gotta be fucking kidding me.

JoeTait75
06-08-2012, 08:28 AM
I would rate this third on LeBron's list of all-time playoff performances behind Game 5 of the '07 ECF and his triple-double in Game 3 of the '06 ECSF, also against Detroit. Just because in those two games the Cavaliers HAD to have every bucket, assist and rebound from LeBron in order to win.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200605130CLE.html

EDIT: Game 4 against Indiana was pretty damned impressive too.

Venti Quattro
06-08-2012, 08:34 AM
pass1st got trolled so hard. Not his greatest moment as a good Lakers fan in Spurstalk, definitely.

Leetonidas
06-08-2012, 09:18 AM
1986 Celtics are one of the greatest teams of all-time and Jordan was still very young and inexperienced. 2012 Celtics are mostly over the hill and the product of a severely depleted EC.

Great game by LeBron though, his shot was on.

btw i get this is a troll thread but there are people on realgm debating whether or not LeBron's performance is the best of all time :lol

100%duncan
06-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Bron was on god mode but :lol @ not being a big bron fan

:depressed

Leetonidas
06-08-2012, 09:21 AM
pass1st got trolled so hard. Not his greatest moment as a good Lakers fan in Spurstalk, definitely.

ouch :lmao:lmao:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2012, 09:29 AM
u comparing jordans OT game with the celtics where his team loss? really? gtfo

i dont care if you post 100pts and loss the game, it is still a loss posting meaningless stats

DPG21920
06-08-2012, 09:38 AM

What a snobby thing to say.

JoeTait75
06-08-2012, 09:40 AM
u comparing jordans OT game with the celtics where his team loss? really? gtfo

i dont care if you post 100pts and loss the game, it is still a loss posting meaningless stats

Not to mention a.) he got a ton of those points from the free-throw line and b.) he missed a wide-open 12-footer that would have won the game at the end of the first OT.

06-08-2012, 10:22 AM
top 3 is trolling but top 10 i can see.

DMC
06-08-2012, 10:28 AM
It was a great performance, dude was unstoppable.

The fact that Lebron can have such great performances and often times the team still loses is a testament to the fact that playoff basketball is a team game. People often discount that aspect of Jordan's game when they consider him the GOAT. He was surrounded by a team, and they played team ball.

pass1st
06-08-2012, 10:34 AM
troll bait evident... what the hell pass1st? :lol

Never took it seriously, hence the emoticon spam :lol

Nobody is retarded enough to put this in a top 20 playoff performance, but I was waiting to get tired enough to sleep

Killakobe81
06-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Harlem: "Im not a big Lebron fan" ... is either some of the best trolling I have seen here in months. Or Harlem has suffred some type of breakdown from the Spurs and Celts losing 7 straight games before Lebron went biblical last night.

Not sure where that game ranks, all-time. But you add that one to the one he had vs. the Pacers and who has ever (outside of Wilt or Elgin) put up two games like that in one playoff run? How about in less than 2 weeks?@ Magic had his Game 6 ... as a rookie of course. But never came close to those numbers in those playoffs (or since). MJ of course dropped 40 on the regular ...but his all around assists and rebound numbers hardly ever matched Lebron's. Kobe has had some amazing rebound games especially early in his career, but anyway you slice it Lebron is in rarified air. He was in straight HULK mode last night. And i loved his no nonsense demanor. I felt like yelling at the the TV in my Mike Lowry voice (Will Smith): NOW THAT"S HOW YOU PLAY LEBRON FROM NOW ON, THATS HOW YOU PLAY!!!!!!

I created a thread why no love for Lebron, after his 40 and 18 game against the Pacers. Last night he was more impressive. if he closes the Celts like I expect him to ...OKC needs to be afriad, VERY afraid.

I have said on here plenty of times if Lebron ever "gets it" he has a chance to best Mike for GOAT status. Plenty here scoffed but James is that talented. He has gifts that Kobe and even MJ just dont have physically.

OZWIN
06-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Was definitely a huge playoff performance but not a top three playoff performance of all-time.

TampaDude
06-08-2012, 04:37 PM
It's the truth.

Game 6 facing elimination on the road...

One more is the fact he won the game in 3 quarters.He could made 50+ easily if they need it.

It was one of the best performances of all time. Only fools can denied it

^ this :toast

Stalin
06-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Never took it seriously, hence the emoticon spam :lol

Nobody is retarded enough to put this in a top 20 playoff performance, but I was waiting to get tired enough to sleep

lies

JamStone
06-08-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm not a big Kobe fan tbh, but Kobe has had at least 10 better playoff performances than LeBron's game last night

Leetonidas
06-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm not a big Kobe fan tbh, but Kobe has had at least 10 better playoff performances than LeBron's game last night

In elimination games though? Kobe usually shits the bed when the Lakers are about to be eliminated

JamStone
06-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Lol did you really take my post seriously?

Bill_Brasky
06-08-2012, 06:35 PM
:lmao literally one post later

LnGrrrR
06-08-2012, 08:00 PM
..but that was one of the top 3 playoff performances from a perimeter player of all-time, tbh..only Lebron vs. Detroit is on the same level..

It means nothing if they lose game 7, but regardless, I can't think of another perimeter player that had a game that rivals this historic game..

Yeah... nothing much you can do when someone has it going like that.

Killakobe81
06-08-2012, 08:06 PM

Apparently you did not lace this with enough sarcasm for everyone here

mavs>spurs
06-08-2012, 08:07 PM
What a snobby thing to say.

a DPG never forgets

Sportstudi
06-09-2012, 06:37 AM
Yeah, I know HH tried to troll hard :lol And Bron had an absolute great game, there is definitely no way to deny that. However, in comparison to Jordan's 63 there are a few things necessary to be said IMO

- 2 OT, not 3 (like HH stated)
- handchecking was still allowed
- he was 22 years, coming off of a broken foot injury, causing him to miss most if the season. This was the young Jordan, not peak Jordan.
- Jordan added 3 steals and 2 blocked shots while James had 0 in each category
- he went up against one of the goat teams. Boston had a 67-15 record that year and lost only one home game during the entire season IIRC. Bird, McHale, Ainge, DJ and Parish. Heck, even Bill Walton went for 10 and 15 in that game. Give me that team over the current Celtics any day
- Jordan's team was pure trash (30-52 record). It was pre-Pippen, Grant, etc. Btw, the Bulls' second best player that night was Orlando Woolridge... They had no business in competing with Boston.

And honestly, I don't consider the 63 as his best game in the playoffs. I would rate e.g. the flu-game higher. And no, this is not an attempt to diss Bron, I see the points to rate Bron's game as high as Jordan's. But the points given above shouldn't be neglected.

Koolaid_Man
06-09-2012, 10:14 AM

The only Lebron stats that are worth a dam to me are:

Finals Appearances 0-2 (and 0-3 after they face OKC) :lol
Kobe 5 > Lebron 0 - ZERO- NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING, NONE, NEGATIVE

Notes: Delonte gets the Left Titty > and Lebron gets the Right Titty

I don't care bout shit else

JamStone
06-09-2012, 10:25 AM
The hallmark of a great artist is knowing when to stop.

You've had your run. Time to retire.

djohn2oo8
06-09-2012, 11:16 AM
The only Lebron stats that are worth a dam to me are:

Finals Appearances 0-2 (and 0-3 after they face OKC) :lol
Kobe 5 > Lebron 0 - ZERO- NADA, ZILCH, NOTHING, NONE, NEGATIVE
Notes: Delonte gets the Left Titty > and Lebron gets the Right Titty

I don't care bout shit else
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/17119896.jpg

MarioSpeedwagon
06-09-2012, 03:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WSePq.jpg

http://cdn.tss.uproxx.com/TSS/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/michael-jordan-the-shrug.jpg