PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash

SpurOutofTownFan
06-08-2012, 09:09 AM
For those who are good with numbers, salary caps, etc.

Is there any way the Spurs can land Steve Nash as a backup PG for let's say 15-20 mins of playtime?

TXstbobcat
06-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Spurs don't have the cap space for nash. Even if we did, he wouldn't sign to play back up point guard to Parker.

Andthentherewas21
06-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Ya zero chance of that happening

cd98
06-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Our best bet is to see if Deron Williams refuses to sign with the Nets. Then, Nets will evaluate trade scenarios. I hear rumblings of a Gasol trade, but I'm not sure that is what they are looking for, especially if they have to resign Lopez because they can't get Howard.

In that scenario, maybe the Spurs can entice the Nets with Parker, who's got the name and second all NBA cred along with someone off the bench to do a sign and trade with Williams. This, of course, is assuming Williams would play for the Spurs. He'd certainly have a team that could contend if he did.

Jumi
06-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Give me Andre Miller, a young prospect big, and I'm good. If we couldn't get it done this year, screw it! This is about the future! We had the Duncan Era! Let's transition with talent and cap space!!!! Let Nash go elsewhere! He falls in the Fisher, Harden, category. Don't want'em to devalue the Silver and Black!!!

DarrinS
06-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Can't we find someone older? He's too young.

Jumi
06-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I mean, just give me a proven NBA point guard to start because we should be competitive without TP, but the future is more important than winning a ring now. Nash would take up too much money, and he's a Sun! I'll take a big over a point guard if this team couldn't win it all this year. This was it!

gospursgojas
06-08-2012, 12:43 PM

Tee hee

Bill_Brasky
06-08-2012, 12:45 PM
I just wanna use this thread to say that I really like Tony and he's been great for our org.

But in the future, I don't want any superstar PG's on the Spurs. I want smart pass-first PG's who are quick, can hit the open jumper, and can defend. That is all you really need from the position.

Also, weird for me to just now be realizing this but not having TJ Ford really hurt us against the Thunder.

tesseractive
06-08-2012, 01:37 PM
But in the future, I don't want any superstar PG's on the Spurs. I want smart pass-first PG's who are quick, can hit the open jumper, and can defend. That is all you really need from the position.
I don't want a superstar PG, I just want someone who can do enough to be classified as an elite player at the position?

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2012, 02:36 PM

:lol

therealtruth
06-08-2012, 04:31 PM
We really missed a backup pg we could goto that could help run the offense.