PDA

View Full Version : Who will guard Lebron?

mavsfan1000
06-08-2012, 01:26 PM
I don't see how Durant can avoid guarding Lebron unless you put Ibaka on him or go small. I think going small might be the best option for the Thunder against Miaimi.

DMC
06-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Cool

mavsfan1000
06-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Cool
Yeah it is.

Durant 35
06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
They will struggle just as much with durant as we would with lebron

Just like they will have big issues guarding westbrook

mavsfan1000
06-08-2012, 01:41 PM

Lebron is a way better defender than Durant. He is the fitter player. Durant is the best shooter but he's not going to have the fitness to beat Lebron in a one-on-one matchup. Maybe put Harden on Wade and Tsefalosha on James.

Spurs da champs
06-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Lebron is a way better defender than Durant. He is the fitter player. Durant is the best shooter but he's not going to have the fitness to beat Lebron in a one-on-one matchup. Maybe put Harden on Wade and Tsefalosha on James.

Harden is too slow to guard Wade, probably be Westbrook guarding Wade.
Durant may not be that good of a defender yet but he still has a good height advantage & length to bother LeBron's shot. The question is for how long will James defend Durant? Because Durant may not be as imposing as James but he defiantly has the stamina to par & going through all those screens will really take a lot out of James is asked to guard Durant for the majority of the game.

Ace
06-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Miami has both LeBron and Battier to throw at Durant and LeBron is a much better defender than anyone OKC has. Westbrook will be a problem but not much.

pass1st
06-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Lebron will stop Lebron, par the course

Durant 35
06-08-2012, 01:52 PM

Durant has pretty much outplayed lebron in most meetings in recent seasons I don't believe he can guard durant... Nobody can really.

Lebron will get his but making sure wade doesn't go nuts and bosh stays in check thats the main goal

This isnt all about lebron and durant

mavsfan1000
06-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Harden is too slow to guard Wade, probably be Westbrook guarding Wade.
Durant may not be that good of a defender yet but he still has a good height advantage & length to bother LeBron's shot. The question is for how long will James defend Durant? Because Durant may not be as imposing as James but he defiantly has the stamina to par & going through all those screens will really take a lot out of James is asked to guard Durant for the majority of the game.
Durant's going to have work much harder on both sides on the court in this series. Lebron is the most potent physical specimen in basketball. He is also very good at drawing fouls. The teams that beat the Heat don't have their best offensive players guarding Lebron. That's a big mistake. OKC could sure use Marion in this series. They don't have a player like that though. I think Miami wins this series based on that mismatch.

Spurs da champs
06-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Durant has pretty much outplayed lebron in most meetings in recent seasons I don't believe he can guard durant... Nobody can really.

Lebron will get his but making sure wade doesn't go nuts and bosh stays in check thats the main goal

They haven't beat Boston yet & LeBron's nuts have shriveled up the last 2 times he's been in the finals.

Ace
06-08-2012, 01:56 PM

Exactly who on OKC will guard Bosh?

Durant 35
06-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Thabo will guard lebron as well as you can... But it's not about lebron. If bosh doesn't play great and their role players don't play great they are not winning this series no matter what lebron does as durant will be able to match him

Durant 35
06-08-2012, 01:57 PM

Likely ibaka but really I don't expect bosh to be anywhere near 100% which is be miami's downfall most likely

tlongII
06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
It will be interesting to see if Durant and LeBron guard each other. If they do they'll both probably foul out. :lol

mavsfan1000
06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Ibaka of course. That also could be a problem as Bosh will take Ibaka away from the rim.

tlongII
06-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Likely ibaka but really I don't expect bosh to be anywhere near 100% which is be miami's downfall most likely

I agree with this. If Bosh isn't close to 100% they don't have a chance imo.

Spurs da champs
06-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Ibaka of course. That also could be a problem as Bosh will take Ibaka away from the rim.

Zone could help with that as it did for the Mavs.

Ace
06-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Ibaka struggles on the perimeter and pick n roll situations.

Well that's one reason the match up works in the favor of Miami.

Durant 35
06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Both teams would have matchups to exploit which what makes it an interesting series... As I said bosh needs to be at his best which I'm not certain of

Spurs da champs
06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
In the 1st 2 games in the pick n'rolls against the Spurs Ibaka was getting burned badly but the last 4 games he really defended it well with his athleticism & quickness.

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Key to this potential series is Chris Bosh. Played well last year in the Finals... has to be better against Perkins and Ibaka though. Has to man up and not get punked by that clown nigga Perkins.

OZWIN
06-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Key to this potential series is Chris Bosh. Played well last year in the Finals... has to be better against Perkins and Ibaka though. Has to man up and not get punked by that clown nigga Perkins./thread. :toast

LkrFan
06-08-2012, 07:51 PM

Ibaka.

mavs>spurs
06-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Really, OP? It's obvious that Sefo will get the first go at him, fail, and have no one else who can really fill in whenever he has to come out of the game for rest. This is why Miami will be winning this series most likely.

So I guess either Sefolosha or "nobody" would both be acceptable answers.

lefty
06-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Really, OP? It's obvious that Sefo will get the first go at him, fail, and have no one else who can really fill in whenever he has to come out of the game for rest. This is why Miami will be winning this series most likely.

So I guess either Sefolosha or "nobody" would both be acceptable answers.

But if Sefo gets Lebron, who is gonna guard Wade ?

mavsfan1000
06-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Zone could help with that as it did for the Mavs.
Marion did a great job on James. OKC wish they had a Marion.

mavs>spurs
06-08-2012, 08:00 PM
But if Sefo gets Lebron, who is gonna guard Wade ?

nobody lol. the heat are a bad matchup problem for the thunder..either westchuck or harden will be forced to guard wade at least at times.

Spurs da champs
06-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Marion did a great job on James. OKC wish they had a Marion.

Sefalosha?

mavs>spurs
06-08-2012, 08:01 PM
i don't think sefalosha has the strength or lateral quickness to hang with james in all honesty