PDA

View Full Version : NBA Rule Changes for next season

UZER
06-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I have 4 of the top of my head.....

1. No throwing the ball at the official after a made basket. Automatic T. It's just gotten way to out of hand. Guys don't just toss the ball anymore. Guys like Blake are launching the ball at them. It's just not necessary and makes them look bad.

2. The quick block charge call. I'm talking about the play where the defender literally guesses lands .1 second before the offensive players gets there. That's not drawing a charge. It's gotten to the point where the official is having to make a call based on something that happened in a millisecond real time. Unless the player lowers his shoulder in the defender, just call it a charge every time, and the defender will learn to stop using this technique as defense. he will learn to start moving his feet to play defense and actually contest shots. I hate when any player (even spur players) get awarded for this.

Edit: Call a block every time, not a charge

3. Guys need to establish both feet out of bounds on the inbounds pass after a make. Again, it's just gotten out of hand. Now players are literally one foot inbounds, one foot out when they are bringing in the ball. Quick teams are running the other way even faster and little things like matter. Besides, it give officials even less credibility than they already have if they can't even enforce a player establishing ONE foot out of bounds before bringing in the ball. This one is not major, but just needs to be cleaned up.

4. Hack-a-Shaq This has nothing to do with Pop. I hate this tactic by any coach. It just seems gimmicky and it disrupts the flow of the game.

pass1st
06-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Only rule that needs to be implemented is all players need to undergo routine acne treatment. This should be more of a network rule than an NBA rule, tbh

DMC
06-08-2012, 07:51 PM

1. No throwing the ball at the official after a made basket. Automatic T. It's just gotten way to out of hand. Guys don't just toss the ball anymore. Guys like Blake are launching the ball at them. It's just not necessary and makes them look bad.

Fuck the refs

2. The quick block charge call. I'm talking about the play where the defender literally guesses lands .1 second before the offensive players gets there. That's not drawing a charge. It's gotten to the point where the official is having to make a call based on something that happened in a millisecond real time. Unless the player lowers his shoulder in the defender, just call it a charge every time, and the defender will learn to stop using this technique as defense. he will learn to start moving his feet to play defense and actually contest shots. I hate when any player (even spur players) get awarded for this.

You mean call it a block every time. Learn the terminology before you try to change the game.

3. Guys need to establish both feet out of bounds on the inbounds pass after a make. Again, it's just gotten out of hand. Now players are literally one foot inbounds, one foot out when they are bringing in the ball. Quick teams are running the other way even faster and little things like matter. Besides, it give officials even less credibility than they already have if they can't even enforce a player establishing ONE foot out of bounds before bringing in the ball. This one is not major, but just needs to be cleaned up.

Pointless rule change.

Every flagrant foul should be reviewable. A ref should not have to call a F2 in order to review the call. As it stands, they are working around the rule.

They need to enforce the existing rules like travel, carrying the ball and such. Don't fuck the game up by fixing things that irritate you.

4. Hack-a-Shaq This has nothing to do with Pop. I hate this tactic by any coach. It just seems gimmicky and it disrupts the flow of the game.
Learn to shoot FTs and it's not an issue. You wanna put in shitty FT shooters who are genetic freaks, deal with the consequences. There has to be a weakness to oafs like Shaq.

UZER
06-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Fuck the refs

You mean call it a block every time. Learn the terminology before you try to change the game.

Yeah, it was just a typo.

:lol You are one condescending mother f*****.

ElNono
06-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Only rule that needs to be implemented is all players need to undergo routine acne treatment. This should be more of a network rule than an NBA rule, tbh

completely agree... there's no excuse now in the age of HDTV... diminishes the product tremendously...

Richie
06-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I feel no sympathy for Tiago, Blake and Reggie Evans for missing thier free throws, they need to learn to shoot them and I don't hate it atm, but if it were changed so it became 1 FT and the ball if referees feel they are fouling only to put a bad shooter at the line I'd be ok with it

Donkeybong
06-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Only rule change is to review games for flopping and hand out fines/technicals or both every time they catch a flop on film.

bulakenyo
06-08-2012, 11:03 PM
-Make the sideline 1 foot wider, both sides.
-Extend the no charge zone, 2 feet more.
-Penalty FTs, 1 for 1 x 2 shots. If you miss the first one, tough luck. Practice more.
-2 Challenge/Review timeouts per game.
-Technical fouls for simulation/flopping, even on offense.

Magua
06-08-2012, 11:05 PM
The only thing worth enforcing out of all these shitty ideas is T'ing up flops.

DMC
06-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Yeah, it was just a typo.

:lol You are one condescending mother f*****.

A typo would be "blyck" not "charge".

DMC
06-08-2012, 11:44 PM
I don't like the T's for flopping idea. I would love to see flopping gone, but giving refs more power to determine the outcome of the game by calling a hard foul a flop, and giving the other team a free throw because of it, no thanks. Fuckers are already mafioso.

Spurs da champs
06-09-2012, 12:05 AM
completely agree... there's no excuse now in the age of HDTV... diminishes the product tremendously...

How about coaches 2? Start immediately with Pop dude is 60 something years old & still has acne up the yin yang.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2012, 12:10 AM
I don't like the T's for flopping idea. I would love to see flopping gone, but giving refs more power to determine the outcome of the game by calling a hard foul a flop, and giving the other team a free throw because of it, no thanks. Fuckers are already mafioso.

I love it...the league is almost reaching soccer-levels of flopping. You don't wanna become the most rigged AND gayest sport on the planet, now...

ElNono
06-09-2012, 12:15 AM
How about coaches 2? Start immediately with Pop dude is 60 something years old & still has acne up the yin yang.

Agree, tbh... his face looks like something exploded there... disgusting.

Spurs da champs
06-09-2012, 12:15 AM
I'd love to see the league go retro & let the physicality of the game return. It's not just the flopping but their are so many phantom calls.

UZER
06-09-2012, 12:16 AM
A typo would be "blyck" not "charge".

That was to easy...like a mouse and a trap with cheese...so predictable.

It's no wonder you have 18k post when you're running around correcting everybody.

C'mon...I know you see it. Correct me again, professor.

ElNono
06-09-2012, 12:16 AM
As far as flopping, I agree with the idea of league review post-game. Repeat offenders get suspended. Perhaps on a scale like technical repeat-offenders.

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2012, 12:17 AM
That was to easy...like a mouse and a trap with cheese...so predictable.

It's no wonder you have 18k post when you're running around correcting everybody.

C'mon...I know you see it. Correct me again, professor.

*too

Kidd K
06-09-2012, 12:27 AM

Edit: Call a block every time, not a charge

1: Who cares if someone throws the ball at the ref hard? If anything, I'd hope there be a rule where a player can punch a ref and knock him the fuck out if he's calling a game like shit and not get suspended for it. Fuck the refs.

As for tossing the ball to the ref after a shot, they do that to slow down the pace of the game so their team can get back on defense. In your other complaint, you wanted the game to slow down. You're contradicting your own wishes by asking for this to be changed.

2: I don't like that. Offensive players (ones who charge into the paint especially) rarely get shit called against them as it is. Limiting those calls just makes it even worse.

Instead, any time a player does in fact lower his shoulder, it should be an automatic charge. Any time a player pushes off (Harden) it should be an automatic charge too, certainly not a fuckin foul on the defender. Defenders are handicapped enough defensively due to current rules that that bullshit isn't going to make matters any better.

"Rip through" foul is still being called as well. Imo, any call like that besides post shots should be non calls. If you, as an offensive player, stop after dribbling and can't get space to shoot it's your own fault and should not be bailed out by the refs for it like Durant and other idiots are constantly. The only way that should be called is if the shooting motion is actually legitimately going upward and you get hit, not sideways.

3: That doesn't matter at all. Speeds the game up and helps slower big men get down the floor quicker.

4: I disagree with this too. If a player can't shoot free throws, too bad. He can be taken out. The only reason fans are subjected to that right now is because the coach of said player leaves him in the game. If teams with bad FT shooters took them out of the game in those circumstances, it wouldn't happen. Rules shouldn't have to be changed to make up for the deficiencies of bad players.

The only rule that needs to be added imo is teams should be able to file complaints with the NBA and choose to have their games officiated by non-NBA officials. Such as being able to fly in international refs to call their games rather than ones paid by the NBA.

UZER
06-09-2012, 12:36 AM
*too

:tu

I agree with the review of flopping after the game and widening the court by a foot on each side. But I say also lengthen the court on each side. Players are just too fast, athletic and cover to much ground now. Instead of creating rules to keep players from playing good physical defense, open up the court.

DMC
06-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Rule 1: Get the fucking photographers off the baseline.

Rule 2: The offense has their vertical plane, as does the defense. Whomever cross that plane other than forward movement gets called for the foul, meaning, if you angle your arms across the shooter and he makes contact, you get called for a foul or a no call. If he fakes and jumps forward into you or even steps into your area where you must land, it's an offensive foul or a no call.

UZER
06-09-2012, 01:01 AM
1: Who cares if someone throws the ball at the ref hard? If anything, I'd hope there be a rule where a player can punch a ref and knock him the fuck out if he's calling a game like shit and not get suspended for it. Fuck the refs.

Oh ok. That's much better.

2: I don't like that. Offensive players (ones who charge into the paint especially) rarely get shit called against them as it is. Limiting those calls just makes it even worse.

Instead, any time a player does in fact lower his shoulder, it should be an automatic charge. Any time a player pushes off (Harden) it should be an automatic charge too, certainly not a fuckin foul on the defender. Defenders are handicapped enough defensively due to current rules that that bullshit isn't going to make matters any better.

"Rip through" foul is still being called as well. Imo, any call like that besides post shots should be non calls. If you, as an offensive player, stop after dribbling and can't get space to shoot it's your own fault and should not be bailed out by the refs for it like Durant and other idiots are constantly. The only way that should be called is if the shooting motion is actually legitimately going upward and you get hit, not sideways.

I agree with the offensive player getting to many calls. I prefer physical defense. I hate that the offensive players get away with so much now. But the one thing that bothers me is when a player takes a charge when they aren't really set, they just jump in front of a guy for a split second . That's gimmicky defense, just like the "rip through" is crap offense and shouldn't be awarded.

Guys shouldn't be awarded when they pick up their dribble and the defender is in their grill. If a guy legitimately reaches in, then call it. If the offensive guy comes up under your already extended arm, don't call it.

Trainwreck2100
06-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Find a way to keep teams from turning an instant replay situation into a free timeout

DMX7
06-09-2012, 09:22 AM

Just use vanishing cream. There's no shame (well actually there is, but I'm just saying that to make them feel better) in wearing makeup on TV. Everyone wears makeup on TV including guys. If the NBA is going to do a stage production, it may as well do it right - and let's give the officials more time to rehearse the script. They didn't look prepared in last wed. game.