PDA

View Full Version : Spurs - Thunder Game 6 Grades

Manudona
06-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Well as Timvp is slacking with his grades I'll do 'em in a succinct way:

For all Spurs players a big, bold black F

as in they were Fucked by the officials who got an resounding A.... as in Assholes

timvp
06-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Tbh, I think I'm a couple hours away from being able to rewatch it so the final grades of the season should be posted at some point tonight.

Some of those calls are going to be even more difficult to stomach the second time through, tbh.

Manudona
06-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Tbh, I think I'm a couple hours away from being able to rewatch it so the final grades of the season should be posted at some point tonight.

Some of those calls are going to be even more difficult to stomach the second time through, tbh.

Well, I was just kidding calling you out, you've done a fantastic job all season, I do not think you need to go thru this game again....

Manudona
06-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Oh, but if you do watch it again, watch one of the last 3 pointers by Durant, nobody mentioned it by I am sure remember how Perkings was stoping Stephen Jackson with an arm on the chest to stop him to challenge the shot.... no call of course...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-08-2012, 09:40 PM

Don't torture yourself, seriously. No-one will hold it against you.

Legacy
06-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the grades and the write-up, Manudona. Your time is very much appreciated. :p:

Legacy
06-08-2012, 09:49 PM

No worries, timvp. Seriously.

100%duncan
06-08-2012, 09:56 PM

You really don't need to do it. Hell I can't even watch any replays even if the games which we won.

timvp
06-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Tbh, I have to rewatch it. I'm a Spurs sadist in that I end up rewatching the losses more than the wins. Not sure why but if the Spurs ever win another championship in our lifetime, maybe it'll make it sweeter.

spursfan09
06-08-2012, 10:09 PM
I can't even come to terms with the fact that I'll never see them win championship again

Das Texan
06-08-2012, 10:15 PM

tbh,

you should grade the refs also.

Budkin
06-08-2012, 11:11 PM
C for Collapse.

The GREATEST of ALL Time COLLAPSE in pro sports history.

1st seed, big 3 all healthy, entire roster healthy, rest of the league not-so-healthy, Parker on MVP status, HCA throughout, no back-to-backs, vacation/weeks off between rounds, 20 game win streak run into the WCF, up 2-0, choke game 5 at home, choke an 18pt lead in Game 6, got swept in the process...

Even worse than the Yankees choking a 3-0 lead against Boston.

This collapse was some straight up Twilight Zone type shyat.

One day you're thinking:

(((Spurs running the table ?...hmmm...I might bet the wife on it...throw in the family dog as well...BOOK IT!)))

Next minute the Spurs are "GUUWONE" as Stephen A. Smith yells.

I mean WTF was that ??

Then the manner in which they lost game 6.

CLASSIC! collapse.

A bizarre ending in a bizarre NBA season.

No.

100%duncan
06-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Tbh, I have to rewatch it. I'm a Spurs sadist in that I end up rewatching the losses more than the wins. Not sure why but if the Spurs ever win another championship in our lifetime, maybe it'll make it sweeter.

Dude that would take a herculean effort for me to watch ANY of the Spurs game last season. I just don't want to get reminded of it all. :depressed

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2012, 11:55 PM
I'd be happy to rewatch it if somebody has a copy.

DMC
06-09-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd be happy to rewatch it if somebody has a copy.

Just watch the rape scene from American Me. Same thing.

silverblk mystix
06-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Oh, but if you do watch it again, watch one of the last 3 pointers by Durant, nobody mentioned it by I am sure remember how Perkings was stoping Stephen Jackson with an arm on the chest to stop him to challenge the shot.... no call of course...

Something more obvious to watch during Durants 3 pointers was the blatant carrying the fuckin' ball that wasn't called...

Durant was dribbling with his left hand and his palm was facing up with the ball on top....he carries it to the right side of his body while simultaneously going around the screener who was MOVING AND HOLDING the defender....turned his palm all the way over and then changed hands and rose up to shoot...

Disgusting.

I am sure Timvp will know which 3 pointer I am referring to.

Kidd K
06-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Something more obvious to watch during Durants 3 pointers was the blatant carrying the fuckin' ball that wasn't called...

Durant was dribbling with his left hand and his palm was facing up with the ball on top....he carries it to the right side of his body while simultaneously going around the screener who was MOVING AND HOLDING the defender....turned his palm all the way over and then changed hands and rose up to shoot...

Disgusting.

I am sure Timvp will know which 3 pointer I am referring to.

OKC got away with carries, moving screens, holding screens, push offs (on shots and rebounds), goaltends, and slapping reach ins all series.

One dumbass carry play by Durant doesn't mean much in contrast to the deluge of shit they got away with and never got called for. If someone were to re-watch and count the times they commited violations and weren't called for it (unquestionable violations I mean), and contrasted that to how many times there were whistles against their violations, I would not be surprised if it was 4-1 or worse. OKC imo wasn't even called on maybe 20% of their violations all series.

Meanwhile, if they go through the tapes and count how many SA got away with. Did they even get away with 20%? You figure teams get away with a certain amount by accident due to refs not being able to catch everything. . .but the difference between what each team got away with was massive. I was constantly worrying how the refs were going to call the games, and much to my dismay, it was almost always in OKC's favor when it mattered most. SA goes on a run. . .whistles favoring OKC. OKC goes cold. . .whistles for FTA march. Game's close late in the game: OKC gets 15 calls to 1 for SA in 5 minutes to seal it.

100%duncan
06-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Stop posting long posts which explains the officiating. Shit's done. Nothing will change.

SA210
06-09-2012, 01:07 AM
tbh,

you should grade the refs also.

The fuck job they did was historic. Motherfuckers

timvp
06-09-2012, 02:16 AM
oh

em

gee

this must have been an epic Stern-ing for even timvp to say the refs didn't have their greatest performance of the season

:wow

Both teams played hard.

http://uppix.net/6/4/8/75ea0bc63fd364f38fed16a5361af.gif

:pctoss