PDA

View Full Version : What separates Michael Kidd Gilchrist from Kawhi Leonard?

Outlier
06-08-2012, 08:37 PM
They look like the exact same player, too much hype for this kid.

Venti Quattro
06-08-2012, 08:39 PM
MKG is going to be an NBA star.

Outlier
06-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Star? Based on what? Have you seen him play?

MKG will be a tier 3 SF when it's all said and done. He doesn't have the length to defend the premier SF's for the next decade (Durant + LeBron) and he doesn't have the offensive skills to make opposing SF's work on defense (thus tiring them out on offense) either.

He is this year's Kawhi Leonard. Starter, 3rd or 4th option on a championship team but not an all-star.

Jumi
06-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Star? Based on what? Have you seen him play?

MKG will be a tier 3 SF when it's all said and done. He doesn't have the length to defend the premier SF's for the next decade (Durant + LeBron) and he doesn't have the offensive skills to make opposing SF's work on defense (thus tiring them out on offense) either.

He is this year's Kawhi Leonard. Starter, 3rd or 4th option on a championship team but not an all-star.
I disagree. MKG could be really good in three years. He has game, passion, and can finish at the rim. Nowadays most college players have holes in their game, but if he works his ass of to develop a good jumpshot game on!

Outlier
06-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I disagree. MKG could be really good in three years. He has game, passion, and can finish at the rim. Nowadays most college players have holes in their game, but if he works his ass of to develop a good jumpshot game on!

Just like our Kawhi?

Yeah Kawhi developed a good jumpshot but it hasn't made him into an offensively skilled player.

You're either a good explosive offensive player or you're not.

tkang456
06-08-2012, 09:00 PM
MKG is more of an energy explosive player. he has quicker first step and more crafty with the ball. Kawhi is more of a cerebral player and better defender imo. kawhi obviously has a much better perimeter shooting than he was at SDSU so he has been working on his game except he has to be more explosive. We have seen kawhi show his athleticism, he has that baseline drive dunk he did couple times, but he needs to learn how to get and create for his own shot in which i think MKG is better at this point

Jumi
06-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Just like our Kawhi?

Yeah Kawhi developed a good jumpshot but it hasn't made him into an offensively skilled player.

You're either a good explosive offensive player or you're not.
Let me type more! He's missing a jumpshot and sometimes lacks discipline. Other than that, the kid's a stud! If he takes his first three seasons to fill the holes in his game, he's a star!!

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2012, 10:28 PM
so ur saying KL doesnt have a pulse? at SD he was first option, on the spurs his a fkn role player, if he was drafted on some other lottery bound team he wouldve been first option...

this is why i want the big 3 to bend over and gtfo

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2012, 10:29 PM
so ur saying KL doesnt have a pulse? at SD he was first option, on the spurs his a fkn role player, if he was drafted on some other lottery bound team he wouldve been first option...

this is why i want the big 3 to bend over and gtfo

spursince#99
06-08-2012, 10:45 PM
how bout we Trade Tony and rebuild with MGK and Kawhi starting both the 2 and 3? We'd have a monster 2/3 combo that can switch everything

Wild Cobra Kai
06-08-2012, 10:58 PM
MKG is athletic and has a pulse

Still bitter about your stupid "guys with big hands can't shoot" take?

Magua
06-08-2012, 10:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jHMVR.gif

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2012, 11:01 PM
we wont be winning shit next few years, just another regular season team making up the numbers in the playoffs...

i say you rebuild now then sticking around for another fail campaign

Sean Cagney
06-08-2012, 11:14 PM
we wont be winning shit next few years, just another regular season team making up the numbers in the playoffs...

i say you rebuild now then sticking around for another fail campaign

HOW? What FA money? Who will come here? What draft picks this year? How to rebuild now? I am serious too if you say that how can they do it?

Outlier
06-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Kawhi = MKG if not >

Wild Cobra Kai
06-09-2012, 09:48 AM
The main difference? UK/SDSU

Roger Freemason Jr.
06-09-2012, 05:00 PM
MKG has a ceiling we can see, KL doesn't.

spurraider21
06-09-2012, 05:53 PM
MKG is more explosive when attacking off the dribble. whose who don't think thats a huge advantage need to look at stars like westbrook, wade, lebron. guys who attack the basket with ferocity are budding stars. your jumper can improve, explosiveness is usually not taught

SamoanTD
06-09-2012, 05:55 PM
One's in the NBA one's not.

maverick1948
06-09-2012, 09:27 PM
One's in the NBA one's not.

I agree. KL has proven he can play with the big boys. MKG has not shown me that much(watched the March madness). He wont be playing the college players next season. He will be playing MEN who have played the game for living for several years. KL had his ups and downs, but he made improvements over the season. MKG has been hyped so much, that should he not step right in to a starting role, he will be slammed by fans.

While everyone has eyes for MKG and Harrison Barnes, I look deeper in the draft at a young man from Memphis, Will Barton. He improved from freshman to Soph year in almost every catagory. I look for him to be available for some team at the end of the 1st round and will be a steal.:toast

pjjrfan
06-09-2012, 09:41 PM
MKJ is a top 5 draft pick, with potential, Kawhi is a 1st round steal.

BackHome
06-09-2012, 10:23 PM
The D-Leauge is filled with first round players who had "Potential"...