PDA

View Full Version : Is James Anderson a free agent next season?

CP48107
06-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Hey guys, sorry if I am asking a question that has been answered many time. I just want to confirm that James Anderson is a free agent next season. I remembered seeing that Spurs declined his option, but he is not on ESPN's free agent in the coming year. Can anybody please help me understand what the situation is?

I know many of you don't like him or have given up on him, but with him being only 23 and was once a potent offensive player in college, I am hoping that Spurs will give him one more chance to prove himself.

Duncan2177
06-08-2012, 08:51 PM
He was given a chance and he blew it so Danny Green took his spot and took advantage of the opportunity.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-08-2012, 08:55 PM
He's an unrestricted FA. It's considered pretty common knowledge that he will not be back.

CP48107
06-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks man. This is sad, I had so much faith in this kid.

bigdog
06-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Guess his time in SA is done. He's shown so much promise, but so much more mediocrity. I seriously hope he gets back on track somewhere else and makes us all bit our tongues.

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2012, 11:07 PM
callin out he wants minutes....lol yeh good luck with that

DMC
06-09-2012, 12:06 AM
James fucked up earlier in the season by letting it be known he's looking to be traded. Fuck him. D league material.

The_Worlds_finest
06-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Broski,
check out, salaries at http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

TXstbobcat
06-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Anderson was as good as gone when the spurs declined to pick up his option for next season.

SamoanTD
06-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Where do you live under a rock? Jesus Christ.

CGD
06-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Broski,
check out, salaries at http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

This crap is wrong. Always use this instead: http://shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp

Wild Cobra Kai
06-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Anderson was as good as gone when the spurs declined to pick up his option for next season.

This. He was a good kid who got caught in a numbers game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up on one of Pop's protege's rosters, Monty in NO, Avery in NJ, Brown in LA. He did ask for a trade ( I would have too, if my option was not picked up), but didn't demand one or act out. I'm sure Pop will give him a recommendation to whoever asks about him.

NRHector
06-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I just saw the little fucker here in the mall with his wife

SenorSpur
06-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Danny Green's emergence basically made him expendable - aside from his inconsistent play.

BackHome
06-09-2012, 04:41 PM
I liked Danny Green until I found out that he could not dribble. How the hell can you make it to the NBA and not know how to dribble the freakin ball without turning it over?

cd98
06-09-2012, 11:11 PM
He may have a shot if Danny Green leaves in free agency. Is there a Spur player that has had his shot blocked more times than Anderson? That seems to be a big problem.

cd98
06-09-2012, 11:11 PM
I liked Danny Green until I found out that he could not dribble. How the hell can you make it to the NBA and not know how to dribble the freakin ball without turning it over?

See Neal, Gary

G-Dawgg
06-11-2012, 07:57 AM

Ask Dr J...

G-Dawgg
06-11-2012, 07:58 AM
If Danny Green leaves the Spurs then maybe they'll keep James Anderson and he'll get enough consistent minutes to establish his game like Green did this year..

I for one have lost all faith in Danny Green and no matter what he did in the regular season he pulled a Matt Bonner when we needed him. We might as well have played James Anderson. We would have gotten the same results anyways or better

Cow Eye
06-11-2012, 08:04 AM
See Neal, Gary

No joke. Every time I see Gary Neal playing like he's a PG, I want to shoot myself in the face. :flipoff

TJastal
06-11-2012, 10:03 AM
If Danny Green leaves the Spurs then maybe they'll keep James Anderson and he'll get enough consistent minutes to establish his game like Green did this year..

I for one have lost all faith in Danny Green and no matter what he did in the regular season he pulled a Matt Bonner when we needed him. We might as well have played James Anderson. We would have gotten the same results anyways or better

:lmao

Gee, didn't Anderson already get plenty of chances to establish himself....? (Rhetorical question, don't answer) Green didn't get jack shit for chances (in comparison) yet made the most of the few he did get.

Green is a solid building block for the future and I wouldn't give up on him over one poor shooting seres, especially after 2 very productive ones. Blame Pop if anything for not tapping into all his accumulated "depth" sooner.

If you are going to put rookies / extremely inexperienced players like Green in high pressure situations sooner or later they will crack and you have to recognize when their confidence is blown. It was clear even after the 1st game of the thunder series that Green was in over his head. At most you give him another game to rebound and if he still looks intimidated you have to make a change especially before heading into hostile territory (in this case, OKC). In typical arrogant head-in-the-sand fashion, Pop stubbornly refused to do anything until it was too late. The truly mind-boggling aspect of the whole thing is Pop had veterans playing under Green who could have stepped up (Jackson) that most coaches would only dream of having on their bench. So not only did Pop waste all the talent and depth he had sitting on the bench, but he probably furthur damaged Green's psyche. A true double whammy.

And comparing Green to Bonner who has yet to have a productive playoff series in his career is laughable at best.

G-Dawgg
06-11-2012, 11:43 AM

Gee, didn't Anderson already get plenty of chances to establish himself....? (Rhetorical question, don't answer) Green didn't get jack shit for chances (in comparison) yet made the most of the few he did get.

Green is a solid building block for the future and I wouldn't give up on him over one poor shooting seres, especially after 2 very productive ones. Blame Pop if anything for not tapping into all his accumulated "depth" sooner.

If you are going to put rookies / extremely inexperienced players like Green in high pressure situations sooner or later they will crack and you have to recognize when their confidence is blown. It was clear even after the 1st game of the thunder series that Green was in over his head. At most you give him another game to rebound and if he still looks intimidated you have to make a change especially before heading into hostile territory (in this case, OKC). In typical arrogant head-in-the-sand fashion, Pop stubbornly refused to do anything until it was too late. The truly mind-boggling aspect of the whole thing is Pop had veterans playing under Green who could have stepped up (Jackson) that most coaches would only dream of having on their bench. So not only did Pop waste all the talent and depth he had sitting on the bench, but he probably furthur damaged Green's psyche. A true double whammy.

And comparing Green to Bonner who has yet to have a productive playoff series in his career is laughable at best.

Danny Green did fuck-all against the Thunder. He choked. When we needed him to contribute a little bit, he gave us nothing, zero, zilch.... Get off his cock..
If you still insist on defending him, go have his children already fuck...

Unreliable players are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

Fuck Danny Green, he's a bitch.

TJastal
06-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Danny Green did fuck all against the Thunder Get off his cock...

If you still insist on defending him, go have his children already fuck....

Green did choke against the thunder, and while dissappointing, should not have been unexpected given the guy is barely out of college and had virtually zero playoff experience. Pop should have recognized this early on and gotten Stephen Jackson into the starting lineup and playing 30+ minutes by game 3 at the latest. He does that, and we may very well be sitting here talking about how well the spurs match up with Miami.

CitizenDwayne
06-11-2012, 12:02 PM
So some people are already giving up on Green? Come on people. We were just praising this dude. He had a bad series, but damn...

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Green did choke against the thunder, and while dissappointing, should not have been unexpected given the guy is barely out of college and had virtually zero playoff experience. Pop should have recognized this early on and gotten Stephen Jackson into the starting lineup and playing 30+ minutes by game 3 at the latest. He does that, and we may very well be sitting here talking about how well the spurs match up with Miami.No, because you say the NBA is rigged.

TJastal
06-11-2012, 01:39 PM
No, because you say the NBA is rigged.

It obviously was rigged in OKC's favor. But that's not the point. Despite the calls going the thunder's way, the spurs still could have perhaps stole a game in OKC and gone up up 3-1 heading back to SA had Pop made the right adjustments. The fact is he smugly chose to ignore the ominous warning signs after games 1 & 2 and the spurs paid the price for that. The late adjustments finally coming in games 5 & 6 too little too late...

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 01:50 PM
It obviously was rigged in OKC's favor. But that's not the point.That's the only point that matters. If you think it's rigged, that's it. There is no more discussion. No more possibilities. You can't pick and choose what you think can be and can't be rigged. It's all or nothing. Idiots like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Sure it's all rigged, except when my team wins!

TJastal
06-11-2012, 02:26 PM
That's the only point that matters. If you think it's rigged, that's it. There is no more discussion. No more possibilities. You can't pick and choose what you think can be and can't be rigged. It's all or nothing. Idiots like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Sure it's all rigged, except when my team wins!

You make incorrect assumptions that I would have nothing to say in the event or scenario that my team was beneficiary of said rigged calls. Or I would say nothing if the spurs battled through and overcame the biased calls to win. You're wrong. I would say something. And no doubt idiots like you would still howl and whine about it and try to stifle any discussion most likely.

I believe at least one of those scenarios has happened before... Tommy Nunez in the spurs-suns series years ago is a prime example. But he was basically just one loose hispanic cannon that went off in his own direction. It's really nothing on the scale of what we saw this year. This was nothing short of league mandated forcible sodomy the likes of which nobody has seen for over a decade (since the lakers/kings series).

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 02:31 PM
You make incorrect assumptions that I would have nothing to say in the event or scenario that my team was beneficiary of said rigged calls. Or I would say nothing if the spurs battled through and overcame the biased calls to win. You're wrong. I would say something. And no doubt idiots like you would still howl and whine about it and try to stifle any discussion most likely.

I believe at least one of those scenarios has happened before... Tommy Nunez in the spurs-suns series years ago is a prime example. But he was basically just one loose hispanic cannon that went off in his own direction. It's really nothing on the scale of what we saw this year. This was nothing short of league mandated forcible sodomy the likes of which nobody has seen for over a decade (since the lakers/kings series).You would never, ever say it was fixed overall in the Spurs' favor.

lol sodomy. You think of nothing else.

TJastal
06-11-2012, 02:38 PM
You would never, ever say it was fixed in the Spurs' favor.

lol sodomy. You think of nothing else.

lol assuming incorrectly
lol always interpreting literal meanings

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 02:41 PM
lol assuming incorrectly
lol always interpreting literal meaningsSo which Spurs' championship was rigged?

More than one?

Spurs da champs
06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Danny Green's emergence basically made him expendable - aside from his inconsistent play.

Yes because Danny Green is the model of consistency. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 02:48 PM
JA is damaged goods. No telling if he can ever get back to pre-injury status.

ducks
06-11-2012, 02:51 PM
even if green did not play well anderson was no longer needed by spurs

Spurs da champs
06-11-2012, 02:57 PM
even if green did not play well anderson was no longer needed by spurs

No.

jjktkk
06-11-2012, 03:00 PM

WTF Tjastal, are you taking? You can't be sober when you come up with these conclusions. Pop had Green in the starting lineup. How in the fuck is that not "tapping into all his accumalated depth sooner"?

Lol, still trying to play psychologist on here. So your brilliant synopis of Green choking in the Thunder series, is Pop damaging Green's "psyche"? But a even less expierenced player, like Leonard played very well, despite Pop's mystical, psyche damaging, powers? Does Pop randomly choose which player, or players he decides to cast a spell on? And I guess, since you don't watch the Spurs play on TV, you missed Jackson's solid contributions in this series. Hint, Pop played Jackson quite alot in this series. LMAO, Tjastal this is golden.[/QUOTE]

Spurs da champs
06-11-2012, 03:00 PM
JA is damaged goods. No telling if he can ever get back to pre-injury status.

He's got such a sweet jump shot, tbh its kind of hard not seeing him be a good/solid role player, he'd shown in his limited minutes this year he can be a solid defender. I'd blame his falling out of the rotation more so on Pop then himself.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 03:02 PM
He's got such a sweet jump shot, tbh its kind of hard not seeing him be a good/solid role player, he'd shown in his limited minutes this year he can be a solid defender. I'd blame his falling out of the rotation more so on Pop then himself.I'd blame all the Spurs who were better than he was. I hope he does recover fully, but it's far from a guarantee.

Spurs da champs
06-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I'd blame all the Spurs who were better than he was. I hope he does recover fully, but it's far from a guarantee.

Green was streaky as hell this year, yet Pop still stuck with him. It's hard not too pin some of the blame on Pop, he does a shitty job developing most prospects & just gives up on them.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Green was streaky as hell this year, yet Pop still stuck with him. It's hard not too pin some of the blame on Pop, he does a shitty job developing most prospects & just gives up on them.So you're saying he should have given up on Green.

Confusing.

Spurs da champs
06-11-2012, 03:12 PM
So you're saying he should have given up on Green.

Confusing.

Don't jump the gun; I said he shouldn't have given up on Anderson.

But giving up on a shitty scrub who got cut from Cleveland of all places isn't such a bad idea.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Don't jump the gun; I said he shouldn't have given up on Anderson.

But giving up on a shitty scrub who got cut from Cleveland of all places isn't such a bad idea.So your real problem is you think he gave up on the wrong young player.

Spurs da champs
06-11-2012, 03:17 PM
So your real problem is you think he gave up on the wrong young player.

Yeah, so far it looks like another wasted 1st round pick due to incompetence of Pop.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, so far it looks like another wasted 1st round pick due to incompetence of Pop.Of course. Anderson never suffered an injury that ended or severely limited other players' careers.

Spurs da champs
06-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Of course. Anderson never suffered an injury that ended or severely limited other players' careers.

He rehabbed & came back healthy, he looked like he was moving fine to me as well. Anything else?

jjktkk
06-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah, so far it looks like another wasted 1st round pick due to incompetence of Pop.

How many 1st round picks has Pop wasted exactly? Its a shame that Pop is the only coach to do this. Lets see there was the 05 pick Mahimni, whose currently a star in waiting with the Mavs. What a gem hes turned out to be. What a wasted 07 1st round pick Splitter is turning out to be, and then theres the 08 1st rounder George Hill. What a waste of a pick. How could Hill bring about the trade for one the top rookies this year in Kawahi Leonard, plus two other players. That damn Pop, what nerve he has wasting away 1st round picks. :lol

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 03:42 PM
He rehabbed & came back healthy, he looked like he was moving fine to me as well. Anything else?No, nothing else.

Spurs da champs
06-11-2012, 04:06 PM
How many 1st round picks has Pop wasted exactly? Its a shame that Pop is the only coach to do this. Lets see there was the 05 pick Mahimni, whose currently a star in waiting with the Mavs. What a gem hes turned out to be. What a wasted 07 1st round pick Splitter is turning out to be, and then theres the 08 1st rounder George Hill. What a waste of a pick. How could Hill bring about the trade for one the top rookies this year in Kawahi Leonard, plus two other players. That damn Pop, what nerve he has wasting away 1st round picks. :lol

It's clear Joseph was a shitty choice, Beno was never given a chance, Mahimni is no star but he is an athletic big (but he was never given a chance) & he showed some solid play with Mavericks. But Pop elected to with midget Blair & the great one Bonner.

Over the last 8 years Pop has made questionable decisions in the draft;please don't deny it.

No, nothing else.

Please forgive me for not noticing his limp.:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Beno was never given a chance2,683 minutes = no chance

GNSF math

jjktkk
06-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Over the last 8 years Pop has made questionable decisions in the draft;please don't deny it.

Please provide a list of teams that have never made a questionable decision in the draft. Why is it that NBA execs, the media, etc... think the Spur's FO is one of the best, if not the best in the league, but you conveniently try to cherrypick "questionable decisions in the draft" made by Pop and RC?

Spurs da champs
06-11-2012, 06:06 PM
2,683 minutes = no chance

GNSF math

If you had any common sense you'd get what I was saying but sadly I can't fix stupid.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2012, 02:33 AM
If you had any common sense you'd get what I was saying but sadly I can't fix stupid.Oh no, don't puss out like that. Explain how Beno Udrih was never given a chance during his time with the Spurs.

Drz
06-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't find the link just now, but there was an excellent write-up on some site (48MoH? Pounding the Rock?) that compared Anderson's shooting pre- and post-injury, and I believe it showed pretty conclusively that his shot was vastly negatively affected. It wasn't just that his shooting % was down -- it was that EVERY PLAYER EVER with that same injury had suffered a severe drop in shooting ability after the injury.

Hopefully Anderson latches on with another team and performs well. He'll at least sign somewhere obviously, but if he doesn't do well right away, the sad reality might be that the injury could be a career killer.