PDA

View Full Version : Congrats from the Pistons

Pistons < Spurs
06-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Well done. You deserved it. Well fought game and series. I had tons of respect for the Spurs before the playoffs started, but was amazed during the Phoenix series at how much of a great team you all really are. i've wanted to see a Detroit -- SA series since last year, and it has been everything I imagined it would be.

SA is a great team. Manu is a future fixture of the NBA highlight reals. Parker has matured sooo much in the last couple of years. Duncan is the classy all around player that every young child should strive to be like.

I'm proud that my Pistons made you all work for the ring. No shame in my boys. They fought hard, but just couldn't get it done in the end. Much respect for the way the Spurs showed up in game 7. So much for all the people calling Duncan soft (including you Spur fans that said that).

I'm crushed. I so wanted my boys to win. No parade for me.

Enjoy the next couple of days. Enjoy the parade. ...but look for us next year. I can't wait to see the re-match.

tempest186
06-23-2005, 11:01 PM
You are total class. Thanks for becoming a part of this community. Hope you stick around.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Helluva of a job by the Spurs. Great series and there is no question the Spurs are a deserving champion. Enjoy it. Hope to see you guys next year around this time...

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2005, 11:02 PM
You guys put up a good fight, just that it wasnt ur day tonite. Good sportsmanship from both sides we will see you guys again next season

jochhejaam
06-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Good Job Spurs! Go out and celebrate (safely)! :)

nkdlunch
06-23-2005, 11:05 PM
You've become an honorary Spurs Fan. You've got class.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
DAMN fine series. Congratulations, Spurs!!

:depressed On the bright side, I can finally stop pulling out my hair, actually keep food down and get some sleep.

Enjoy your celebration! :elephant

Ocotillo
The Pistons were a helluva opponent. I underestimated them because they are from the east.

NallhOnesTy
06-23-2005, 11:06 PM
i wanna say congrats to the spurs they are the better team and showed it tonight

great year guys and i hope we meet again

exstatic
06-23-2005, 11:06 PM
This won't be the last time these two teams meet in the Finals. Book it.

Pistons pushed it to the limit. Congrats to you, too.

spurster
06-23-2005, 11:08 PM
It was a great game 7. Tied at the 3rd quarter and everyones' stomach up in knots.

Browns_shadow
06-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Great series, and you display the class of a champ!!

THE X-FACTOR
06-23-2005, 11:11 PM
congrats, came up big time hitting those 3's in the second half.

Pistons < Spurs
06-23-2005, 11:12 PM
The good news for you.............besides winning the ring...........is that at least now you shouldn't have to deal with 500 trolls joining the boards tonight!!

bdubya
06-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Full-on congratulations to the Spurs and their fans on the 2005 NBA Championship; wear it well and defend it hard.

Also congrats on winning this game with LOCKDOWN DEFENSE; that was as good as it gets.

And congrats to Kori and the fans here for running an outstanding board.

PS - OUCH! That HURTS!

mrcoon29
06-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Well, I have learned that the Pistons are an extremely tough team. No lack of heart by them. Y'all have indeed backed a winning team.
Thanks for being so nice and classy with your posts.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-23-2005, 11:17 PM
I still have the Pistons in 9 right?

NallhOnesTy
no prob man we know how to respect a team that beat us (unlike miami cough cough) lol

JamStone
Great game. Turned out to be a great series.

Spurs were great. And, just better tonite.

Congrats

Slomo
06-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the congratulations. You guys made us sweat bullets for the last 4 games. The Pistons were the toughest opponent in these playoffs and deserved to be in the Finals.

Also big props to (most of the) Pistons fans, you talked good basketball smack, I hope you stick around.

manubili
06-23-2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks!
I have tons of respect to Detroit. You should be very proud of your players.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Your team just played better tonight, its as simple as that. Detroit ran out of gas and SA hit the big shots.

:depressed :depressed :depressed

Ah well, looking on the bright side, at least Miami didn't win...

kandinski
06-23-2005, 11:27 PM
thanks Pistons fans,
do you want Parker, we give him for free!! take it now please!!!
trade Parker church!!!!

theMUHMEshow
06-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Congrats to everyone here at SPURSTALK.COM! This has been the best basketball site that I have ever been a part of. I am glad we lost to a team that actually out played, and deserved it just as much if not more then us!

Enjoy your championship!

~tha show

JustSpurs
06-23-2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the Props Pistons fans, You have a helluva team and a damn fine coach. You guys have class and it was our honor to play ya'll in the finals. Feel free to stick around.

Spurminator
06-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Can't wait for the rematch, although I might rather play a team that won't be so damned good.

guaransheed
06-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Add me to the list congratulating the new champs

GrandeDavid
06-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Thank you, Pistons fans. Thank you for the fight and the class. You are champions as well.

bigzak25
06-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Good Game. Good Series. Props to Detroit Piston Fan with Class.

Good luck to your team. See you NEXT JUNE. Til Then...

Spurs...2005 NBA CHAMPIONS...FUCK YEAH!!!! :smokin

Pistons < Spurs
06-24-2005, 12:03 AM
If an admin or mod reads this:

I suppose now is the time to change my user name. I couldn't find any option for it in the control panel...so, if you'd kindly change my name to Pisotns < Spurs

THE X-FACTOR
06-24-2005, 12:04 AM
I knew all season the only team that could hang with Detroit was San Antonio. Have fun with your rally and parade. If the Pistons had to lose to any team I am glad it was the Spurs. They are the only team I can't hate. Congrats, great move putting Bowen on Billups and hitting those 3's late. Horry's 3's in game 5 came back to bite them in the ass.

Warlord23
06-24-2005, 12:11 AM
Man what a series ... you can't get two more evenly matched squads .. the fundamentals, the execution ... and the defense ... and the coaching.

Since both franchises are likely to keep the core of their teams pretty much intact over the next few years, no freaking doubts that we'll be doing this a few more times in the decade.

Props to the Pistons and their fans ... a tough as nails team with a lot of heart

CubanMustGo
06-24-2005, 12:14 AM
Here's hoping LB can stay around to coach the Pistons. He is a classy guy who has developed a class team in Detroit.

bigzak25
06-24-2005, 12:14 AM
glad we had homecourt baby....FUCK YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see you next year.

NeoConIV
06-24-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm a Pistons fan now. Period. The team, the fans...pretty fucking classy.

constantstate
06-24-2005, 12:19 AM
there were some fans getting way out of control here the last day, but even that makes everything fun once and a while... i love ben wallace... i cant even root against him. i dont think he ever gets enough credit... i said so 3 games ago... as long as he and tim stay healthy... we might do this again next year.

ShoogarBear
06-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Until there were about 4:00 left, I was still convinced the Pistons were going to win it, the way they had been able to always make the big play the last four games.

The Pistons are truly the toughest out in the business. Assuming they can still perform this way under their presumably new coach, they next few years should be fun, if nervewracking.

underoath
06-24-2005, 12:24 AM
What class from you guys. Thank you for one hell of a series.

Pistons < Spurs
06-24-2005, 12:24 AM
props to the Spur 6th man. They were sooo damn loud tonight. I just kept hoping for a run that would shut them the hell up.

coz
06-24-2005, 12:25 AM
you're a better man than me, that is for sure. I talked smack, hated the pistons, and generally cussed all of michigan. I must say, win or lose, Detroit would have to me my second favorite b-ball team.

No need to respond, just thanks for being more of a class act than me. I know it hurts, but remember, these two teams are basically seperated by one or two made shots. Both great teams, and it could have easily gone either way. I think we all know that.

Good luck next year, but bad luck in the 2005-2006 finals.

Stons4Life
06-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Series like these define teams and players that come from all walks of life. The Spurs defined their characters even more with their players who developed their games from abroad. Being now that the Pistons have lost, I have no problem whatsoever with losing to the Spurs, and am not ashamed to do so. They are the class act of the West, and time and time again, I've nicknamed them the "Pistons of the West" since they have a great coach and players who don't showboat for more glory or cash. They have the same selfless players the Pistons do. I'm proud of the boys for putting up the fight until the very last buzzer sounded. Congrats on the championship, and have fun celebrating. Last year, I knew the Pistons winning it all was something I was going to remember for a very long time. I hope the memories are just as special.

Congratulations!

:owned

ReppinTheD
06-24-2005, 12:33 AM
WOW. You guys really shut us down, the Pistons usually come alive and finish off teams in the closing minutes of the fourth quarter, but the Spurs shut us down. Congrats, Congrats, and Congrats to the Spurs and their great fans.

There is no team I like losing too, but if I had to, the Spurs would be my choice. The classiest, most professional team in the NBA - alongside of the Pistons. I really enjoyed this series, and I really hope the NBA can catch on to how REAL NBA teams should be like: teams that use the fundamentals; the hard defense, the dedication, that is what the NBA needs.

Enjoy your parties, and your parades, but just remeber that Detroit is coming back for you next year. :spin

THE 2005 NBA CHAMPIONS - THE SPURS! Congrats guys!

palacemalice
06-24-2005, 12:45 AM
Congrats to the Spurs, you deserved it. 2005 NBA Champions, crowned by a Die Hard Pistons fan (as hard as it is for me to call u the new champs :/) I thought i'd cry like crazy if we lost, but man, i couldn't help but feel happy for the spurs. Honestly, i wish we could merge these two teams and make them TEAM USA. Both teams play AWESOME, I couldn't help but cheer for Timmy when he hoisted the MVP, what a great player, and great guy. On my pistons, you know what? we played on the last day until the last minute, in the NBA season. We came up just a littttttttle short. I think this is as close as it gets to co-champions, the Spurs showed they had the championship toughness that everyone had been talking about the Pistons having. You guys should have a great year now, because anytime the spurs face adversity, you'll be able to remember (and gush) about how you've been there/done that, game 7 in the finals, doesn't get any rougher than that. Same with my Pistons. Ahhh my beloved Pistons. But hey, I have a feeling these teams will be back in the finals facing eachother, and you know what? I wouldnt want it any other way. Thank god we beat miami, and thank god you guys beat Pheonix. The Spurs are now my second favorite team, and i'll be cheering for them until the finals almost as hard as i'll be cheering for my 'stons. Can't tell you enough how good it feels to lose to a team like the Spurs, I feel like I need to thank you guys cuz I mean, last year yall had to lose to the LAKERS of all teams, i mean that had to have been heartbreaking! But the past two years for us we won a championship, and got to lose to a team like the SPURS, where we really cant be that upset cuz I mean cmon, the Spurs and the Pistons are like the same thing but from diff. cities. Congrats and enjoy the summer! We'll see you next year in game 7 (In Detroit...sorry, I had to leave SOME sort of threat!!!! :)

mc_pryceless
06-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Well, my second favorite team won the NBA title this year. Congrats to all the Spurs fans, congrats to the organization and it's great that the classiest guy to ever play in an NBA uniform is getting a ring...again! (David Robinson)

I guess I should hand over the belt now...huh?

http://www.steveswrestling.com/info/wcwh.jpg

hopefully next June we can re-match you guys for it and do this thing all over.

-----------------

I think Robert Horry should have been Finals MVP though, I really do. The guy was always in a spot where a Piston should have been, he was flawless, he does so many things that don't get on a stat sheet and just makes so many plays.

Anyways, congrats to all you guys and hopefully we get to do this again next year, and have a different outcome.

Enjoy the parade, just thank the Pistons for pushing it back for all the people who work during the week, you guys better party up this weekend.

alright, back to me going to cry alone.

oNe

FlyMonk321
06-24-2005, 12:56 AM
Apparently I missed the big congratulation post and created my own. The sentiments are still the same.

Pistons < Spurs
06-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Thanks to all the Spur fans for their mature attitude. I hate to admit it, but I'm pretty sure that if we had won, you would have seen trolls like you've never seen trolls before.

Enjoy that parade on saturday.

THE X-FACTOR
06-24-2005, 01:29 AM
Lets just alternate championships for the next 20 years :spin

Everytime I looked at ways the Pistons needed to make themselves better I always and only looked at the Spurs roster.

Congrats again, enjoy the next few weeks. I wish Sheed would of shown up more these finals.

TwoHandJam
06-24-2005, 01:35 AM
Piston Fans are by far the classiest fans we have had visit this site. Props to you guys and your team. Detroit went down swinging and they have tons of heart.

THE X-FACTOR
06-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Piston Fans are by far the classiest fans we have had visit this site. Props to you guys and your team. Detroit went down swinging and they have tons of heart.

thanks, we are not as bad as the media makes us out to be.....

E20
06-24-2005, 01:48 AM
Good series Pistons.

I feel for them.

Jelly
06-24-2005, 01:48 AM
thanks, we are not as bad as the media makes us out to be.....

No, you're not. You're awesome! Congrats to the Pistons for a fantastic 2005 season. You played you're hearts out and are true champions!!

JMarkJohns
06-24-2005, 01:57 AM
Not a Pistons fan, but wanted to throw out a congratulations anyways.

Class acts until the end, the Spurs certainly earned this win. Love watchin' Duncan bank in those 17-footers. Anyways, I'm rambling... Enjoy.

mattyc
06-24-2005, 02:09 AM
Props. I enjoy the Pistons as an organisation. After a number of threads after Game 6, I was worried they had alot more bone-headed trolls than I thought.

I really appreciate alot of classy threads.

goliath
06-24-2005, 02:31 AM
Well done. You deserved it. Well fought game and series. I had tons of respect for the Spurs before the playoffs started, but was amazed during the Phoenix series at how much of a great team you all really are. i've wanted to see a Detroit -- SA series since last year, and it has been everything I imagined it would be.

SA is a great team. Manu is a future fixture of the NBA highlight reals. Parker has matured sooo much in the last couple of years. Duncan is the classy all around player that every young child should strive to be like.

I'm proud that my Pistons made you all work for the ring. No shame in my boys. They fought hard, but just couldn't get it done in the end. Much respect for the way the Spurs showed up in game 7. So much for all the people calling Duncan soft (including you Spur fans that said that).

I'm crushed. I so wanted my boys to win. No parade for me.

Enjoy the next couple of days. Enjoy the parade. ...but look for us next year. I can't wait to see the re-match.

Much props to the Pistons. They gave us everything and more. Classy team. You had my ass worried for 2+ weeks. All Pistons fans should hold their heads up high.

PS. I still want Rasheed's belt though :smokin

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-24-2005, 02:47 AM
Respect to the Pistons and their supporters. Class team, class fans (on the net, anyway).

It feels even better to win this one with such a tough opponent, we really had to play our best to beat you. I still have no idea how we won 2/4 games against a team that averaged 4 TOs during that stretch.

Amazing series, one for the ages. Pity the average non-Pistons/Spurs fan didn't watch it because it had everything you want in sports - rivalries, adjustments, great individual and team performances, nailbiting finishes, stretches of pure basketball genius by both teams, and finally triumph in the face of extreme adversity and pressure.

Wow... I'm beat!

See you next year!

slayermin
06-24-2005, 02:50 AM
Like I have posted previously, I had the utmost respect for the Detroit Pistons before the Finals started.

But after this incredible Finals progressed, I would have to say that I began to dislike anything and everything about Detroit.

Now that the series is over, the feeling of respect and relief are the emotions that are prevalent.

Congrats to the Pistons and the city of Detroit for a great championship season.

Horry For 3!
06-24-2005, 04:34 AM
Thanks to the Pistons for this great series. I honestly thought Spurs would own the Pistons but the Pistons are tough. I have to give them a lot of credit. I also appreciate the nice and respectful Piston fans who are on this site.
Pistons > Spurs is an example of a great Pistons fan who has respect for their opponent. Congrats to the Pistons once again and hope we meet up for another great series!

jochhejaam
06-24-2005, 06:06 AM
I still have the Pistons in 9 right?

Hey, now there's a thought..best 5 out of 9 anyone? :lol

Congrats again! Horry, Bowen, Tim and Manu stepped up big when it counted! Classy team, players and coach!

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 06:13 AM
Hey, now there's a thought..best 5 out of 9 anyone? :lol

You're not kidding. I told my buddy that this could have been a "Best of 21" match and it *STILL* would have went to the last game. A series like this, you just don't want to see them end. Well, at least if you're on *THIS* side of the ball.

ZappaFan
06-24-2005, 06:15 AM
Wow, what a game! I wonder how much collective nervous energy was expended by both team's fans last night?

Congrats to the Spurs and their fans, hopefully this championship will forever erase the idea that the Spurs are "soft" and "chokers". That was two "tough as nails" teams going toe to toe last night. There will probably be a lot of people that will call that an ugly game, but I have nothing but the highest appreciation for what I watched last night.

I posted an earlier thread about this series looking forward. I really believe we'll see these same two teams knocking the snot out of each other next year, too. Already looking forward to it.

Again much congrats, and thanks for the heapin' helpin' of hospitality on your fine board here, it's been fun.

boutons
06-24-2005, 06:18 AM
I say congratulations to the Pistons, who I think played more great basketball, more consistently, than the Spurs, but in the wierdest way, weren't quite the better team.

The Spurs defense really did pull their precarious nuts out of the fire in the LAST FUCKING 12 MINUTES of the entire series, while they made their 4th qtr shots, and Tim hit his FTs.

I think in the end, with two teams so evenly matched, the difference maker was the home court advantage. Had Game7 been played in Detroit, I think the results would been different.

timvp
06-24-2005, 06:20 AM
Right when I was ready to hate Pistons fans, they have to be classy in defeat. Thanks guys and gals. It was a fun series and I can't imagine how it would feel to make it all the way to Game 7 of the NBA Finals and lose. Keep your chin up and let's do it again next season.

Thanks.

:smokin

DetroitFolly
06-24-2005, 06:23 AM
Yep...a great series. I'm of course disappointed the Piston's didn't win, I hold my head high this morning. We didn't go out like punks. You guys just had a little more left in the tank.

Great Defense by both teams...clutch shooting by both teams...good coaching, unselfish play...

there are so many reasons that the NBA should hold this series up as the IDEAL for the league, instead of this me-first star-based marketing crap they do now.

Anyway, congrats. If this doesn't convince the Pistons of the need to secure home court next year, nothing will!

Enjoy your well deserved Parade, and we'll see you next year.

ps...the Heat fans still are saying they would have beat the Spurs in the finals. I reminded them that they have to GET THERE FIRST!!!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-24-2005, 06:24 AM
Much respect to the Pistons and the fans that represented them with class. I can't say I hope to do it again next year since DET is the toughest opponent the Spurs have ever faced in the Finals.

Bar none.

Peace.

DASports
06-24-2005, 06:27 AM
Dangit, dangit, dangit!

The Pistons fought hard and well but it was destiny for the Spurs to win it out. What a great series by these 2 teams.

The Spurs definitely earned this championship. Defense and offense - what a great team you guys have there.

We'll have to see what happens behind the bench and on the playing surface (it's going to be an interesting off-season for the Pistons). I am sure this is not the last time we see these 2 teams.

Have a great time at the parade! Anyone having a Texas-style BBQ?

DetroitFolly
06-24-2005, 06:28 AM
Dangit, dangit, dangit!

Have a great time at the parade! Anyone having a Texas-style BBQ?

Really...ship us some of those ribs, wouldya?
:blah

PistonsNation
06-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Congradulations Spurs fans.

Fouled Out
06-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Props to the Pistons and their fans. Man what a ride, and hell of a series, the best I have ever seen. I could not imagined a better team to play against, Awesome, take care and see you all next year.

NoMoneyDown
06-24-2005, 07:59 AM
I hope many of you Detroit fans stick around here during the off-season and next season. You've brought a lot of good takes this series and with basketball in general. Plus, this place could always use more non-biased (and even opposite) viewpoints. Thanks!

spurster
06-24-2005, 08:28 AM
I guess I should hand over the belt now...huh?

http://www.steveswrestling.com/info/wcwh.jpg

That's ok. You can keep them.

BigShotBillups
06-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Congrats to all you Spurs fans and the San Antonio Spurs on your championship. It was a hard fought series and a series for ESPN classic. No hard feelings, hats off to you guys. Much props to Rob Horry for still showing that he is one of the best role players in the league and really helping the Spurs this series. This seems like we will be seeing this rivalry for seasons to come! So...enjoy you celebrations, and we will see you again. :-)

SoundTheToll
06-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Congrats Spurs and Spurs' fans!!!!!!!! I'm hoping to see you guys next June!!!!!!!!!

RashoFan
06-24-2005, 08:57 AM
And to think...David Stern had said this series wasn't exciting enough to get ratings (something like that). This was a helluva series with a helluva opponent!!! Detroit pistons are blessed to have AWESOME and Classy fans like Y"ALL! All I can say is RESPECT. Respect to the Detroit Pistons. Respect to The Detroit FANS!!! I am definately looking forward to seeing y'all in the playoffs next year!!!
R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!

Warlord23
06-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Props to all the Piston fans ... we enjoy your takes .... do keep posting on this site

theMUHMEshow
06-24-2005, 11:11 AM
I am so pissed that I didnt get to make my Gone Fishing pics, lol! You guys better make some good ones. I thought that was the funniest thing that I have seen yet on a message board, and it is something that I am going to take with me everywhere, lol. Canont wait for college football and I get to make the Buckeye GONE ICE FISHING!

Dex
06-24-2005, 11:13 AM
:tu

samikeyp
06-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Canont wait for college football and I get to make the Buckeye GONE ICE FISHING!

Now THAT....I want to see! We have a college sports forum, you need to partake in it when the season starts. and hey, we can be on the same side when Texas plays Ohio State. :)

Ishta
06-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Pistons fans have truly been classy....Keep posting!! See you next year in the finals :eyebrows

A Serbian Beast
10-29-2005, 03:03 PM
I am the classiest of the Pistons fans. Who agrees?

angel_luv
10-29-2005, 04:20 PM
You are the class clown! =)

Pistons < Spurs
10-29-2005, 08:12 PM
:cry

why why why was this post brought back from the dead. Of course I had to read it all, and in the process, fell back into the depths of depression.

Sense
10-29-2005, 08:20 PM

why why why was this post brought back from the dead. Of course I had to read it all, and in the process, fell back into the depths of depression.

Maybe to remind you about your new name ;].

A Serbian Beast
10-29-2005, 08:20 PM

Just be like me...post, dont read.

Pistons < Spurs
10-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Maybe to remind you about your new name ;].

!!Damn You!! :lol

A Serbian Beast
10-29-2005, 08:21 PM
You are the class clown! =)
I'll take that as a complement.

spurs=bling
10-29-2005, 09:10 PM
I am the classiest of the Pistons fans. Who agrees?
:lol

A Serbian Beast
10-29-2005, 09:12 PM
:lol
No joke.