PDA

View Full Version : Stan Van Gundy rips Chris Broussard

djohn2oo8
06-09-2012, 10:55 AM
What are your thoughts on Chris Broussard writing that Erik Spoelstra is in over his head?:

“Well, there’s a number of thoughts there. My first thought is that Chris Broussard has no knowledge of coaching and wouldn’t know it if he saw it. I’d like to get some specifics from Chris on what he thinks coaching is … and what’s not happening. My second thought is this, when he says they need somebody of the ilk of Phil Jackson, Pat Riley and Gregg Popovich, two thoughts on that, there aren’t many guys of that ilk period … and second of all if that’s the ilk they need, maybe they’re not that damn good anyway. And my third thing is in the game today there aren’t many guys as good as Erik Spoelstra. And I would cite a couple things rather than just an opinion. … That is the best defensive team that I have ever seen that doesn’t have size. I’ve never seen an elite defensive team in the NBA, until this Miami team, that doesn’t have size. To me, there has to be a helluva lot of coaching in there.”

On Broussard’s comment that maybe the Heat should run a play like Boston does:
“Yeah, maybe like the play they ran when Paul Pierce hit the big 3 at the end of the game. There was nothing going on there. It was a step-back, got some space and made a 3. The Heat are doing every bit as much offensively in terms of running plays. Here’s the difference: Doc Rivers won a championship a few years ago, so everyone just gives him the credit of being a great coach — which Doc deserves, he’s great. Eric hasn’t won, so people go into the series assuming there’s a great coaching advantage, which there is not. And because they have LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, it’s on Erik.”

Why do you think Spoelstra is getting so beat up?:
“I would say there’s basically two reasons. Number one is that there’s an expectation level for the Heat to win and if they don’t, people are just going to make an assumption that it’s coaching. To me, what’s confusing about this one though, is that it’s pretty easy. They have one of the 10 or 12 best offensive players in the league in Chris Bosh, who hasn’t been able to play. … The second thing is, quite honestly, is Erik never does anything to promote himself or try to defend himself. He just coaches his team and takes the heat and goes on.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/06/08/nba-playoffs-miami-heat-stan-van-gundy-erik-spoelstra/

MookieCrew
06-09-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't know whottt it is but Stan Van Gundy just dumped smegma all over him i saaaaaiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddd

snHfdV3gw9Q

Bob Stoops
06-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I don't know whottt it is but Stan Van Gundy just dumped smegma all over him i saaaaaiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddd

snHfdV3gw9Q

get down BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

MarioSpeedwagon
06-09-2012, 12:07 PM
http://www.gifflix.com/files/ea7faf2f6566.gif