PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Finals Matchups. Who has the edge?

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 10:43 PM
PG - Chalmers v. Chuckbrook. Advantage Thunder
SG - Wade v. Thabo. Advantage Hype
SF - KD v. LBJ. Toss up. Both KD and LBJ will get theirs
PF - Ibaka v. Bosh. Toss up. Bosh will play the best swatting PF I've seen in a long time
C - Porkins v. Anthony. Advantage Thunder

Bench - Fear the beard. Advantage Thunder
FTAs - :lmao :lmao :lmao
Coaching - :lol

Thunder has a better bench and they're younger/hungrier. Thunder has more advantages than the Hype. Thunder in 6.

Discuss. :toast

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2012, 10:45 PM
:lol cheering for the Celtics, the Lakers historic rival..
:lol cheering for OKC, the team that embarrassed the Lakers..

mavs>spurs
06-09-2012, 10:45 PM
bookmarked to make an ass out of you later on

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 10:47 PM

:downspin:

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 10:49 PM
:lol cheering for the Celtics, the Lakers historic rival..
:lol cheering for OKC, the team that embarrassed the Lakers..

What acne? LeHype looks like he needs Clearasil tbh

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/319715_377319435650350_732885058_n.jpg

Latarian Milton
06-09-2012, 10:50 PM
bron is a matchup nightmare to that long-legged faggot and that would even it up tbh

TampaDude
06-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Heat in 6, tbh...

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 10:51 PM
bron is a matchup nightmare to that long-legged faggot and that would even it up tbh

Ahem (http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=320325025) :nope

TampaDude
06-09-2012, 10:52 PM

^ this, tbh

LeBron will ring this year...nobody, and I mean NOBODY, will stop him.

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 10:53 PM
^ this, tbh

LeBron will ring this year...nobody, and I mean NOBODY, will stop him.

We'll see. I'm feeling nostalgic. :downspin:

mavs>spurs
06-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Ahem (http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=320325025) :nope

:lol when will the casual nba fan ever learn that regular season has absolutely 0 bearing whatsoever? spur fan also thought they had the thunders number based on the regular season, and we all saw how that went down..

midnightpulp
06-09-2012, 10:54 PM
The Thunder. They're a better overall team and have the better coach. I hope Miami destroys them, however.

If Lebron rings, he supplants Kirby on the top 10 greatest players of all-time list. And I'm looking forward to giving you, as well as other Kobe cocksuckers, shit if that happens.

Big IF, though. Thunder have practically no weaknesses.

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 10:56 PM
:lol when will the casual nba fan ever learn that regular season has absolutely 0 bearing whatsoever? spur fan also thought they had the thunders number based on the regular season, and we all saw how that went down..

Mr. One and done - speak on it son. :toast

Latarian Milton
06-09-2012, 10:56 PM
:lmao Lakers fans, OKC pwned your asses in the 2nd round, they tamed you faggots and made yall their bitches

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 10:57 PM
The Thunder. They're a better overall team and have the better coach. I hope Miami destroys them, however.

If Lebron rings, he supplants Kirby on the top 10 greatest players of all-time list. And I'm looking forward to giving you, as well as other Kobe cocksuckers, shit if that happens.

DPG says Kobe ain't top 10. Who's should I believe tbh?

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Heat in 6, tbh...

mavs>spurs
06-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Mr. One and done - speak on it son. :toast

Mr. 5>4, you're like culburn in the regard that your basketball knowledge extends no further than team accomplishment smack

Bron gonna pwn you and make you look like an ass :king

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Mr. 5>4, you're like culburn in the regard that your basketball knowledge extends no further than team accomplishment smack

Bron gonna pwn you and make you look like an ass :king

Don't like 5>4? How bout 16>1?? :lol

mavs>spurs
06-09-2012, 11:06 PM
The sad part is you really think you're telling me a couple things but in reality you're just making yourself look dumb :lol

midnightpulp
06-09-2012, 11:08 PM
DPG says Kobe ain't top 10. Who's should I believe tbh?

While I may not like Kobe, I respect his game, and his career accomplishments have earned him a spot on the top 10 list, at number 10.

If Bron can manage to close out the Thunder, that essentially gives him the same 1st option individual accomplishments as Kobe. If he puts up a great performance and wins the Finals MVP, he'll have done something Kobe's never accomplished: Win the regular season MVP and Finals MVP in the same year. In my opinion, that alone would justify his placement above Kobe all-time.

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 11:09 PM
The sad part is you really think you're telling me a couple things but in reality you're just making yourself look dumb :lol

_irk is no better than Pierce tbh. One and done son. Stings, don't it? :lol

Latarian Milton
06-09-2012, 11:09 PM
bounced off the 2nd round two years in a row :lmao seems you all have lost favor in the golden & purple and are riding on durant's dick now

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 11:11 PM
bounced off the 2nd round two years in a row :lmao seems you all have lost favor in the golden & purple and are riding on durant's dick now

The 2011 Lakers and Hype both have something in common tbh. You were saying? :downspin:

TampaDude
06-09-2012, 11:13 PM

Lakers = old ass has beens

Heat = the future of :lobt2:

Latarian Milton
06-09-2012, 11:14 PM
we got 2 of the world's best 3 and anyone who thinks we aren't ringing must be a FUCKING idiot. OKC got no fucking talents at all outside of durant, they ain't no better then 07' cavs squad tbh, just durant + trashes and don't get too surprised when they get pulverized by us heat

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Lakers = old ass has beens

Heat = the future of :lobt2:

Did you say that when Magic retired? How about when Shaq/Kobe split up? Take your time answering. I'll wait. :wakeup

The Lakers always reload tbh.

Latarian Milton
06-09-2012, 11:20 PM
The 2011 Lakers and Hype both have something in common tbh. You were saying? :downspin:

hype just shitted all over the turtles' heads, haven't you watched the game tonight?

TampaDude
06-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Did you say that when Magic retired? How about when Shaq/Kobe split up? Take your time answering. I'll wait. :wakeup

The Lakers are DONE...zero more ships in this decade...book that shit like a fucking library.

Latarian Milton
06-09-2012, 11:25 PM

truth bomb tbh, it ain't take em very long before they get another gasol-style deal and come right back to join the contention, but the lakers are OUT and they ain't havin no more chances this year, and it doesn't make the situation much better to coattail ride the bandwagon of a team that's gonna lose

it ain't like mono's case tbh mono been a durant fan since before the franchise was founded, and the Thunder were sucking ape asses at that time

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Lakers will have a 90's-type of run in the next few years IMO..

They'll be a good team, but they won't be a contender for a while..

DeadlyDynasty
06-09-2012, 11:27 PM
What's with Rogue's love-hate relationship with mono?:lol

pass1st
06-09-2012, 11:27 PM
The Lakers are DONE...zero more ships in this decade...book that shit like a fucking library.

:lol LAL gets their shit together faster than any other franchise. Unlimited funds and a brilliant FO, it'll take less than you seem to think.

TampaDude
06-09-2012, 11:30 PM
:lol LAL gets their shit together faster than any other franchise. Unlimited funds and a brilliant FO, it'll take less than you seem to think.

Bookmark this post.

Kobe is DONE. No more rings for him. FACT.

LkrFan
06-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Bookmark this post.

Kobe is DONE. No more rings for him. FACT.

Will 5=5?

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Thunder have to move the ball the way they were against SA to have a chance. If they start playing that ball stopping long range bailout jumpshot shit they gonna get ran off the court. Bosh has to have a huge series... he can't let Ibaka and Perkins punk his azz ( good luck with that) Lebron keeps playing the way he has been I see Miami in 6. I see Miami up 3-2 heading back to OKC... can they close in OKC in 6?

KD4MVP
06-10-2012, 12:40 AM

racm
06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
LeBron will be first guy since Duncan to have season and finals MVP in the same year imo

ViceCity86
06-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Heat in 6, tbh...

agree

Jacob1983
06-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Will Lebron do something that Kobe and Duncan never did? Win an NBA championship without HCA?

Koolaid_Man
06-10-2012, 05:30 AM

I bet you are sour puss..:lol

Fact is you'd have to theoretically wait 5 more years for it to be Lebron 6>Kobe 5

let me tell you again :lmao

Drive for 5?

Fuck Yo Dreams Clown

Kobe 5 > Duncan 4 and Kobe 5> Lebron 0 is Immortalized in INK

:lol

Koolaid_Man
06-10-2012, 05:31 AM

Just like I'm booking Lebron 0-3 in NBA finals...:lol

100%duncan
06-10-2012, 06:40 AM
Heat in 6.

dunkman
06-10-2012, 09:42 AM
The Heat, two unstoppable players and better defense.

pjjrfan
06-10-2012, 10:48 AM
I like the thunder but each playoff round gets harder and harder, the pressure is different, for each round, the Heat have been here before, the Thunder haven't. We only need to look at what happened to our own role players in the conf. finals Green, Splitter and Neal had it going until we got to that final round. I won't count Bonner cause in his case he vanishes in round 1. I think that neal and Green will get better with experience but OKC's role players may find the environment of the finals different and my biggest worry for them is how they will react when and if the calls don't go their way.

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2012, 12:00 PM
i dunno about the edge, it depends on the refs and how much physical play will they allow for both teams and who will get away with it....

Reck
06-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Theres an edge?

Thunder will roll through.

Bill_Brasky
06-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Heat because they have the best player on the planet.

ElNono
06-10-2012, 12:56 PM
:lol NBA Finals = whistle convention

ElNono
06-10-2012, 01:16 PM
BTW, are they going to have doping tests on these Finals?

Between meth abuse and STDs, I think there should be a real concern over player's health.

dfens
06-10-2012, 01:23 PM

Between meth abuse and STDs, I think there should be a real concern over player's health.

crolf elnono with no regard for human life :lmao:lmao

LkrFan
06-10-2012, 04:26 PM

:rollin

DMC
06-10-2012, 07:32 PM
I still like OKC's chances. I don't trust Lebron in crunch time, so as long as it doesn't get there, Heat should be ok.

Still predicting OKC in 6 though.

Technique
06-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Never thought I would be rooting for the Heat, but Thunder are just too damn young and cocky to win a championship this early. It's about time LeBron gets his.

whitemamba
06-10-2012, 08:41 PM
derek fisher is the x factor in this series.

pass1st
06-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Never thought I would be rooting for the Heat, but Thunder are just too damn young and cocky to win a championship this early. It's about time LeBron gets his.

:lol LBJ isn't?
pT-I8jQDQ7c

namlook
06-10-2012, 10:49 PM
The Thunder. They're a better overall team and have the better coach.

I can't believe I just agreed with MP.

Findog
06-10-2012, 11:11 PM
When Bron plays like he did in Game 6 vs Boston and Game 4 vs Indy, his teams are unbeatable. Count on him to have another video-game like performance in this series. But they don't have HCA.

This is a true tossup. Bron's been playing as well as he ever has. I can easily see Miami winning this series, especially with Bosh back.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Bosh off the bench is even more lethal. He should've been off the bench from the start imo.

mavs>spurs
06-10-2012, 11:50 PM
miami in 6 tbh...who knows if bosh keeps raining 3's for fun and lebron plays like game 6 maybe even heat in 5

ElNono
06-11-2012, 12:55 AM
You can start blaming Spoelstra now, tbh... you know who you are..

jjktkk
06-11-2012, 01:04 AM
I still like OKC's chances. I don't trust Lebron in crunch time, so as long as it doesn't get there, Heat should be ok.

Brons arguably the greatest talent we've ever seen, but till he rings, I can't predict the Heat winning the championship. Thunder in 6.

OZWIN
06-11-2012, 04:28 AM
bookmarked to make an ass out of you later on/thread

LkrFan
06-11-2012, 04:56 AM
miami in 6 tbh...who knows if bosh keeps raining 3's for fun and lebron plays like game 6 maybe even heat in 5

I expect Bosh to have his hands full with Ibaka. Offensively, Bosh > Ibaka. However, Defensively, Ibaka >>> Bosh. Ibaka is more physical as well - especially teamed with Porkins. Bosh may get his, but he doesn't have a 50 year old PF guarding him.

Ibaka v. Bosh matchup will be huge IMO. Bosh opens up the court for Bron/Wade with his jumper. I'm expecting him to not be able to get open as easy v. Ibaka as he did against the geriatric Celtics.

LkrFan
06-11-2012, 05:01 AM
And how physical will the refs allow Porkins and Ibaka to be with Wade and LBJ? We know they will get into the lane. When they get there, Porkins should put one on their ass to send a message. Ibaka can jump out the gym and weak side swat with the best of them - so that should deter them a Li'l bit.

If the refs decide to call ticky tack bullshit in favor of the Hype then it could spell trouble for OKC.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2012, 09:03 AM
:lol the refs have shown very little indication that they will be calling anything favorable in Miami's favor..the Celtics series made this clear, with Miami having just a negligible FT advantage against a team that ranked 27th during the regular season..

There's a much more likely chance of OKC receiving their usual officiating advantage, which has been the case for their entire playoffs..

Perkins, without the refs, will be absolutely useless in this series..Lebron and Wade should exploit him, and Miami's bigs can take his fat ass outside, thus making him a liability..the only way he can be useful is if the refs allow him to play physical and handcheck on the perimeter, which is a strong possibility, unfortunately, as he gets away with more than any other scrub in the NBA..

BUMP
06-11-2012, 09:06 AM
I expect Bosh to have his hands full with Ibaka. Offensively, Bosh > Ibaka. However, Defensively, Ibaka >>> Bosh. Ibaka is more physical as well - especially teamed with Porkins. Bosh may get his, but he doesn't have a 50 year old PF guarding him.

Ibaka v. Bosh matchup will be huge IMO. Bosh opens up the court for Bron/Wade with his jumper. I'm expecting him to not be able to get open as easy v. Ibaka as he did against the geriatric Celtics.

Doesn't really matter who's guarding Bosh since the only points he ever really gets in this offense is off of open looks when the defense focuses on Wade/James

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 09:34 AM

If Bosh is knocking down open shots and drawing Ibaka out of the paint he's still being effective. His role on offense is to space the floor and make the open looks he gets as BUMP said. Ibaka is gonna be helping off him plenty when Wade/James penetrate so Ibaka really isn't gonna make it any harder for him.

Norris Cole
06-11-2012, 10:16 AM

You're vastly overrating Ibaka's defense and underrating Bosh's offense. Bosh is much better than Ibaka offensively, Ibaka can hit an open shot but not much else. As far as defensively, Ibaka is a great help defender but not good on the perimeter. Chasing around Bosh will work in Miami's favor because it takes away Ibaka's biggest strength and puts him at his weakness. Dragging him out to the perimeter will open up lanes for Wade/LeBron. Perkins will not help in this series. Bosh has to be aggressive because he has the advantage here. After game 7, his health shouldn't be a worry.

JoeTait75
06-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Heat in six. I just have a feeling this is LeBron's time.

tesseractive
06-11-2012, 11:15 AM

So did the Celtics. Then it all fell apart and it took them 20+ years to reload.

tesseractive
06-11-2012, 11:19 AM

I don't trust LeBron in crunch time either, but I hate the LeBron-Durant matchup for OKC.

Fucking Heat in 6. I hope I'm wrong.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Thunder in 7. Spoelstra got just a little too cocky after game 7 with Boston.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 11:56 AM
People are overrating OKC because they watched OKC win a series largely by doing things that don't appear sustainable. OKC is a very talented team capable of a lot, but they played uncharacteristicly over their heads against SA and if they settle for the same looks and shoot less FTs than their normal average like they did vs SA, Miami will win.

TIMMYtoZO
06-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I fully expect Miami to get a split in OKC. Once they do that, Miami will win in 5 or 6. Bosh is really going to give OKC's frontcourt fits. He will spread the floor, and his health is no longer an issue. That was what OKC fans and haters pinned their hopes on for Miami to fail. Bron has the edge vs Durant on both sides of the ball.

OKC had the luxury of playing all old teams to get to the Finals. That no longer is the case for them. As I have been saying all year long, this is Miami's time.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 12:18 PM
People are overrating OKC because they watched OKC win a series largely by doing things that don't appear sustainable. OKC is a very talented team capable of a lot, but they played uncharacteristicly over their heads against SA and if they settle for the same looks and shoot less FTs than their normal average like they did vs SA, Miami will win.
All they need to do is sustain it for 4 more games. And no one is overrating OKC when it's not even a guarantee if LeBron's supporting cast shows up.

Norris Cole
06-11-2012, 12:21 PM
All they need to do is sustain it for 4 more games. And no one is overrating OKC when it's not even a guarantee if LeBron's supporting cast shows up.

Can't just use that kind argument against Miami, it could easily be the same for OKC. It's not like they've been to the big stage before. Miami made the finals just last year.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Can't just use that kind argument against Miami, it could easily be the same for OKC. It's not like they've been to the big stage before. Miami made the finals just last year.
Could be, however there are more questions about Miami's cast than OKC, and it showed throughout the playoffs, especially against Boston when Miami looked awful and lost 3 straight games, and went 6 with Indy. Of course Bosh was out alot of the time too.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 12:37 PM
People severely under rating Boshs impact on the Heat, primarily on the defensive end.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 12:39 PM

That is a fallacy. Sure, in theory they need to do it for "just 4 more games" but that is the deal with things that I mentioned; I really don't think you realize how fluky (for lack of a better word) what okc did vs the Spurs was. Not that they won, but HOW they won.

That would be like me saying Lebron only has to put up 40/15 4 more times to win.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 12:54 PM
What in particular was so fluky about what OKC did vs. San Antonio? (serious question)

Bill_Brasky
06-11-2012, 01:00 PM
^The timvp thread upstairs had OKC shooting something like 52% on jumpers outside of 15 feet. I don't think it's a fluke though when a ton of them were wide open.

Harden's dagger in game 5 was definitely a bit lucky.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 01:03 PM
^The timvp thread upstairs had OKC shooting something like 52% on jumpers outside of 15 feet. I don't think it's a fluke though when a ton of them were wide open.
Agreed. While I have Miami winning, I could see it repeating again in the finals given how many wide open jumpers Spoelstra's "Everyone swarm the ball!" defense gives up.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 01:07 PM
So timvp's thread says the Thunder shot worse than usual from inside 15 feet and better than usual from outside 15 feet. Seems to me like the simple, logical explanation for that is the Spurs focused their defense on stopping the Thunder from getting shots within 15 feet and as a result left more shooters open from beyond 15 feet. Ibaka being wide open from mid range countless times while his defender was helping down low to stop penetration certainly correlates with that explanation.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 01:12 PM
So timvp's thread says the Thunder shot worse than usual from inside 15 feet and better than usual from outside 15 feet. Seems to me like the simple, logical explanation for that is the Spurs focused their defense on stopping the Thunder from getting shots within 15 feet and as a result left more shooters open from beyond 15 feet. Ibaka being wide open from mid range countless times while his defender was helping down low to stop penetration certainly correlates with that explanation.

This. Retarded posters like DPG are going the spursdynasty route (Thunder just hit some fluke shots) in order to rationalize the loss and make it seem like they were less wrong.

When in reality, the spurs made a concerted effort to stop penetration and in doing so, left a bunch of sharp shooters wide ass open.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 01:15 PM
:cryAn NBA player who probably shoots over 10,000 jumpers every year making wide open shots shouldn't happen:cry

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 01:17 PM

:lol Miami will win the series, but not because the Thunder just did some fluke things that are unsustainable. Miami will defend them better than just "pack the paint herp derp and hope they miss wide open shots herp derp" and pose many disadvantages for the thunder.

-For one, Bosh will pull Ibaka out of the paint and outside of his comfort zone, keeping him from playing helpside defense for the block.

-Harden or Westbrook will have to guard Wade, which is a mismatch for the Heat

-Lebron can guard Durant, but Durant can't guard Lebron. He is too strong/physical and Durant lacks the lateral quickness to stay with him

-Same can be said for Thabo, Lebron will eat him alive

If going the spursdynasty route and calling the Thunder "flukes" makes you feel better about being wrong..go for it buddy.

MavDynasty
06-11-2012, 01:33 PM
IMO Sefolosha might be able to slow down Wade somewhat or at least make him work. No one can guard LeBron tho on that Thunder team..

:lol didn't Spurfan say that Diaw/Bonner/Duncan would pull ibaka out of the lane? How'd that work out, tbh..

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 01:36 PM
IMO Sefolosha might be able to slow down Wade somewhat or at least make him work. No one can guard LeBron tho on that Thunder team..

:lol didn't Spurfan say that Diaw/Bonner/Duncan would pull ibaka out of the lane? How'd that work out, tbh..

Bonner barely played and Diaw sucked ass. Duncan isn't as good of a shooter as Bosh.

Tbh, if Sefo guards wade, then wtf is guarding Lebron??? crofl

MavDynasty
06-11-2012, 01:40 PM
You really think Durant will get eaten alive on D?

Tbh the Thunder should clog the paint...their shooters are no where as good as SA especially in their starting lineup. Maybe we even see the Thunder play some zone like the Mavs last year, idk if they are a good zone team though.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 01:47 PM

That is a gross mis-understanding of what I was saying and what Timvp's thread alluded too. Also, they weren't as wide open as gheys like MS are saying. That's just a standard default response "if you leave them wide open EVERYTIME!!!!!!".

They weren't wide open everytime. They had some wide open & several contested and hats off to them, they hit. It wasn't the only factor that led to OKC winning, but it was a large one. Despite being open or not, even against bad defenses that type of shooting from that range isn't really something you can duplicate over the long-haul (maybe one series like vs SA, but not overall).

My point is that if OKC gets game planned by MIA the same way SA did and settles for those shots, they will lose. OKC will have to be more proficient from 3 and will have to get to the line more than they did v SA. Plus, since MIA is better defensively than SA, those tough shots they hit vs SA will be even tougher.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 01:48 PM
You really think Durant will get eaten alive on D?

I do. He's way too frail and lacking in lateral quickness to hang with Bron.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 01:51 PM
They had some wide open

Pretty to easy to get into a rhythm when you do this tbh.

Spurs weren't a good defensive team. Logic would say that if an average defensive team was successful in keeping the leagues top offensive team out of the paint, they must have REALLY been packing it which would lead to the open looks.

Maybe through your homer glasses it just looked like they weren't wide open and you got upset every time they hit?

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 01:52 PM
This. Retarded posters like DPG are going the spursdynasty route (Thunder just hit some fluke shots) in order to rationalize the loss and make it seem like they were less wrong.

When in reality, the spurs made a concerted effort to stop penetration and in doing so, left a bunch of sharp shooters wide ass open.

this highlights the fallacy. Okc, in particular Ibaka/Collison/Westbrook/Thabo are not sharp shooters. And all year they were presented with a similar distribution of shots and came no where close to hitting them at the clip they did that series. In fact, it was shown okc only had games like they did v the Spurs around 2-3 times this year (meaning those %'s in b2b games) and that was only for a string of 2 games in a row. It's not just okc either, no teams can really sustain that from what I've looked at/seen.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 01:56 PM

Spurs weren't a good defensive team. Logic would say that if an average defensive team was successful in keeping the leagues top offensive team out of the paint, they must have REALLY been packing it which would lead to the open looks.

Maybe through your homer glasses it just looked like they weren't wide open and you got upset every time they hit?

Getting into a rhythm and doing something statistically incredibly difficult are two different things. I didn't say the Spurs were a good defensive team - what they are is a team that doesn't foul as much (Thunder rely heavily on FTA and SA held them to below their average) & they defend the paint well with Tim in there (which again, the numbers vs OKC bear that out). So okc was forced to settle for inefficient shots that they hit at an astounding rate. Again, hats off, but they were forced to settle for shots that I don't believe are sustainable.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 01:58 PM

Its quite silly to say they were wide open all the time. It's also not the point; even if wide open, they hit at an amazing clip for that type of shot and the people shooting them.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 02:02 PM
This is an entire year of data, a large sample size. These weren't sharp shooters from that range. Those numbers include playing against really poor defensive teams that presented them numerous open looks:

http://dailyelements.com/wcfml.jpg

It wasn't the sole reason SA lost, but a huge one. I'd say the Spurs defense got EXACTLY what they wanted. If okc gets a similar shot distribution vs Mia, it is highly improbable they win.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Also, I'm not arguing Spurs here. I'm talking Heat v OKC. If MIA does the same thing as SA, OKC is in trouble. Lebron/Wade will take some of the looks away and make the tough ones tougher. The key is can MIA defend the paint overall like SA did when Tim was in? Can they keep okc off the line compared to their average? Those things are key.

Lebron mentioned this philosophy several times this playoffs in interviews. When asked about a guy getting hot in the first half, Lebron only spoke in regards to the types of shots allowed, not the result. He assessed the defensive effort in those terms and said if he keeps those guys shooting those types of shots he's good because he knows certain things are sustainable - and he's right which is what makes him an elite defensive anchor.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 02:15 PM
It's revisionist history to act like the mid range shots Ibaka was making or the 3 pointers Sefolosha was making weren't "wide-ass open." The reason they kept sustaining their shooting was Popovich making no adjustments and hoping they would just start missing the shots he was giving them, when in reality they were gonna keep shooting even better as their confidence and rhythm grew.

I love how Timvp attributes OKC's below average shooting inside 15 feet to :crygreat fuckin Spurs defense:cry but goes the SpursDynasty route attributing their above average shooting from outside 15 feet to "The Thunder just shooting some shots."

When OKC misses a shot, it's because of the great fuckin Spurs' defense!
When OKC makes a shot, it was some fluky shit!

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 02:22 PM
It's revisionist history to act like the mid range shots Ibaka was making or the 3 pointers Sefolosha was making weren't "wide-ass open." The reason they kept sustaining their shooting was Popovich making no adjustments and hoping they would just start missing the shots he was giving them, when in reality they were gonna keep shooting even better as their confidence and rhythm grew.

I love how Timvp attributes OKC's below average shooting inside 15 feet to :crygreat fuckin Spurs defense:cry but goes the SpursDynasty route attributing their above average shooting from outside 15 feet to "The Thunder just shooting some shots."

When OKC misses a shot, it's because of the great fuckin Spurs' defense!
When OKC makes a shot, it was some fluky shit!

They weren't all wide ass open. And we aren't discussing 3-pointers. We are discussing a large amount of a specific type of shot. That's just a default response to someone not paying attention because they saw amazing %'s. It would be like looking at a Lebron boxscore from game 6 & saying his FG % was high because he was wide ass open.

You are missing the point again because you are more interested in scoffing the Spurs and using emoticons vs actually debating and re-watching the games with an eye on what's being discussed.

The entire point is that even taking into consideration the generic "if you leave them wide ass open no duh their confidence will grow and they will make shots!!", average to well below average guys don't automatically become "sharp shooters" when presented with the most inefficient shot in basketball. They might hit some, but not put up off the charts numbers for several games in a row. They played plenty of bad defenses during the year and were presented with a similar shot distribution - why then were their numbers so much lower?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 02:25 PM
I didn't say the Spurs were a good defensive team - what they are is a team that doesn't foul as much (Thunder rely heavily on FTA and SA held them to below their average) & they defend the paint well with Tim in there (which again, the numbers vs OKC bear that out). So okc was forced to settle for inefficient shots that they hit at an astounding rate. Again, hats off, but they were forced to settle for shots that I don't believe are sustainable.
The Spurs during the regular season gave up a FG% higher than the league average (they had the 3rd highest opponent's FG% among playoff teams), so if the Spurs defend the paint really well like you say, it means their perimeter defense leaves something to be desired. I guess all the inefficient shots teams made on the Spurs at a clip higher than the league average was a fluke too.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 02:28 PM
this highlights the fallacy. Okc, in particular Ibaka/Collison/Westbrook/Thabo are not sharp shooters. And all year they were presented with a similar distribution of shots and came no where close to hitting them at the clip they did that series. In fact, it was shown okc only had games like they did v the Spurs around 2-3 times this year (meaning those %'s in b2b games) and that was only for a string of 2 games in a row. It's not just okc either, no teams can really sustain that from what I've looked at/seen.

:lol ibaka and collison have always been excellent mid range shooters

and i guess you haven't watched westbrook the 2nd half of this year..his mid range shooting has improved tremendously. he did the same exact shit against dallas.

you sound a little mad bro with all the responses back to back to back :lol

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 02:32 PM
The Spurs during the regular season gave up a FG% higher than the league average (they had the 3rd highest opponent's FG% among playoff teams), so if the Spurs defend the paint really well like you say, it means their perimeter defense leaves something to be desired. I guess all the inefficient shots teams made on the Spurs at a clip higher than the league average was a fluke too.

They defended the paint well vs OKC. Perimeter defense also includes 3-point defense and staying in front to keep guys off the line - Spurs did that pretty well too vs OKC.

By your logic, I guess the huge sample size of shots that OKC hit during the year painted a true picture of their sustainable abilities (going off the chart I just posted from timvp) considering they were presented with those shots consistently and played against numerous poor defenses.

Also, teams did hit some inefficient shots at a decent clip vs the Spurs - but because they were taking those shots, even when hitting at a decent clip, they couldn't win because of it. It would take a pretty astronomical clip for a team to win with taking those types of shots and that is what happened. It happened from a team that showed they were decidedly average at that type of shot too.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 02:33 PM

and i guess you haven't watched westbrook the 2nd half of this year..his mid range shooting has improved tremendously. he did the same exact shit against dallas.

you sound a little mad bro with all the responses back to back to back :lol

I'm not mad at all. Just trying to have an actual discussion.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 02:35 PM

This is an entire year of data, a large sample size. These weren't sharp shooters from that range. Those numbers include playing against really poor defensive teams that presented them numerous open looks:

Collison, sure, you can argue as excellent, but Ibaka, Harden, Westbrook, Thabo...? I don't see it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 02:35 PM
They weren't all wide ass open. And we aren't discussing 3-pointers. We are discussing a large amount of a specific type of shot. That's just a default response to someone not paying attention because they saw amazing %'s. It would be like looking at a Lebron boxscore from game 6 & saying his FG % was high because he was wide ass open.
You're in denial if you think Ibaka wasn't "wide ass open." The Spurs gave him that shot and didn't stop giving it to him after he kept making it.

You are missing the point again because you are more interested in scoffing the Spurs and using emoticons vs actually debating and re-watching the games with an eye on what's being discussed.
I'm wondering what game you're rewatching the come to the conclusion that Ibaka's jumpers were contested. They weren't. He had time to set his feet and line the shot up on most of them. Popovich knowingly gave him that shot and basically said, "Go ahead and try to make it."

The entire point is that even taking into consideration the generic "if you leave them wide ass open no duh their confidence will grow and they will make shots!!", average to well below average guys don't automatically become "sharp shooters" when presented with the most inefficient shot in basketball. They might hit some, but not put up off the charts numbers for several games in a row. They played plenty of bad defenses during the year and were presented with a similar shot distribution - why then were their numbers so much lower?
They don't become sharpshooters, but they're more than capable of hitting wide open 15-20 foot shots, especially when, like m>s said, they're given a higher than usual amount of them that allows them to get into a rhythm. Hitting that shot at barely above a 50% clip really isn't "Off the chart" when you factor in how open the players taking it were.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 02:39 PM
You're in denial if you think Ibaka wasn't "wide ass open." The Spurs gave him that shot and didn't stop giving it to him after he kept making it.

I'm wondering what game you're rewatching the come to the conclusion that Ibaka's jumpers were contested. They weren't. He had time to set his feet and line the shot up on most of them. Popovich knowingly gave him that shot and basically said, "Go ahead and try to make it."

They don't become sharpshooters, but they're more than capable of hitting wide open 15-20 foot shots, especially when, like m>s said, they're given a higher than usual amount of them that allows them to get into a rhythm. Hitting that shot at barely above a 50% clip really isn't "Off the chart" when you factor in how open the players taking it were.

I watched every game twice w the exception of game 6.

I don't know how you can look at this chart and say "barely above 50%" or that those numbers aren't " off the chart" especially compared to their regular numbers.

Banzai
06-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Thunder...youth..but Miami will probably get all of the calls.

z0sa
06-11-2012, 02:45 PM
How does a team that shoots that many open looks also get to the free throw line so many times?

Oh yeah, I remember now, the Spurs suck ass on defense and went with ultra small ball lineups throughout the series, including one that had Dejuan Blair at center. Which explains both the flukey shooting numbers (little-no pressure on the jumpshooter) and the freebies (no shotblocking).

Sometimes you just tip your hat and sometimes you realize that your defense just isn't good enough to take away anything from a dynamic offense like the Thunder's.

I realize that the numbers 'technically' are off the charts but that playoff ball for you - weaknesses are exploited with a exactness beyond methodical.

As for the upcoming Finals, the real matchup is LBJ vs Durant. The one who rises above his opponent will probably win the title.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Collison, sure, you can argue as excellent, but Ibaka, Harden, Westbrook, Thabo...? I don't see it.

If you argue that Ibaka isn't a good outside shooter then you'd have to argue the same about Durant, according to your chart :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 02:50 PM
They defended the paint well vs OKC. Perimeter defense also includes 3-point defense and staying in front to keep guys off the line - Spurs did that pretty well too vs OKC.
Yes, and as a result of making a concerted effort to limit free throws, points in the paint, and 3 pointers, they allowed an abnormal amount of wide open midrange shots. They're an average defensive team that in order to limit one part of a team's offense needs to concede another part of a team's offense. They aren't a good enough defensive team to limit OKC's interior scoring and free throws as well as they did while also being able to contest their midrange shots.

By your logic, I guess the huge sample size of shots that OKC hit during the year painted a true picture of their sustainable abilities (going off the chart I just posted from timvp) considering they were presented with those shots consistently and played against numerous poor defenses.
The poor defenses they played against didn't dedicate so much to stopping OKC's interior scoring hence they didn't give OKC as many wide open mid range shots. Once again, you're kidding yourself if you think Ibaka saw as many open looks on a regular basis during the regular season as he did against the Spurs.

Also, teams did hit some inefficient shots at a decent clip vs the Spurs - but because they were taking those shots, even when hitting at a decent clip, they couldn't win because of it. It would take a pretty astronomical clip for a team to win with taking those types of shots and that is what happened. It happened from a team that showed they were decidedly average at that type of shot too.
Teams taking "inefficient shots" wasn't remotely the reason why San Antonio had so much regular season success. They had regular season success with an elite offense and mediocre defense. Once again, they surrendered a shooting percentage HIGHER than the league average. In other words, they allowed more efficient shots than the average NBA team. Yes, that worked in the regular season, but the "You might shoot well but we'll shoot even better" strategy doesn't work in the playoffs.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 02:58 PM
If you argue that Ibaka isn't a good outside shooter then you'd have to argue the same about Durant, according to your chart :lol

Who said he wasn't good? Also comparing Durant to Ibaka is dumb considering how he gets his shots and the degree of difficulty.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 02:59 PM
I watched every game twice w the exception of game 6.

I don't know how you can look at this chart and say "barely above 50%" or that those numbers aren't " off the chart" especially compared to their regular numbers.

Timvp's thread says that the Thunder collectively shot 52% on 2-pointers longer than 15 feet. I'm sorry if you think me calling 52% "barely above 50%" was wrong. 52% shooting on 15-20 foot jumpers really isn't THAT unbelievable in my book given how wide open most of them were.

As for that chart, the difference for Fisher, Ibaka, and Westbrook is negligible. I would also like to see the amount of 15-20 footers each player took as I imagine Collison and Sefolosha took a small enough amount of 15-20 footers that the percentage difference is likely only a few made shots. Durant was red hot the entire series but he's the 2nd best player in the NBA so I don't really think him continuing to play this good is "unsustainable"

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Yes, and as a result of making a concerted effort to limit free throws, points in the paint, and 3 pointers, they allowed an abnormal amount of wide open midrange shots. They're an average defensive team that in order to limit one part of a team's offense needs to concede another part of a team's offense. They aren't a good enough defensive team to limit OKC's interior scoring and free throws as well as they did while also being able to contest their midrange shots.

The poor defenses they played against didn't dedicate so much to stopping OKC's interior scoring hence they didn't give OKC as many wide open mid range shots. Once again, you're kidding yourself if you think Ibaka saw as many open looks on a regular basis during the regular season as he did against the Spurs.

Teams taking "inefficient shots" wasn't remotely the reason why San Antonio had so much regular season success. They had regular season success with an elite offense and mediocre defense. Once again, they surrendered a shooting percentage HIGHER than the league average. In other words, they allowed more efficient shots than the average NBA team. Yes, that worked in the regular season, but the "You might shoot well but we'll shoot even better" strategy doesn't work in the playoffs.

They had playoff success too including a 2-0 lead vs OKC.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Who said he wasn't good? Also comparing Durant to Ibaka is dumb considering how he gets his shots and the degree of difficulty.

Funny because calling ibakas shooting a fluke is dumb because
Of how he got his shots off wide open looks and the low degree of difficulty

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Timvp's thread says that the Thunder collectively shot 52% on 2-pointers longer than 15 feet. I'm sorry if you think me calling 52% "barely above 50%" was wrong. 52% shooting on 15-20 foot jumpers really isn't THAT unbelievable in my book given how wide open most of them were.

As for that chart, the difference for Fisher, Ibaka, and Westbrook is negligible. I would also like to see the amount of 15-20 footers each player took as I imagine Collison and Sefolosha took a small enough amount of 15-20 footers that the percentage difference is likely only a few made shots. Durant was red hot the entire series but he's the 2nd best player in the NBA so I don't really think him continuing to play this good is "unsustainable"

Harden. And all of the players, despite the number of attempts collectively shot way over their heads and chipped in enough to win. These games despite Spurs playing poorly were pretty close outside of game 3.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:03 PM

Low degree of difficulty :lol. Yes mid range is so easy it's why everyone is so proficient at it these days despite easier offensive rules.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:04 PM

I don't care how good you are, 11-11 is a fluke. Also you're focusing on one guy. How about Harden? Westbrook? Thabo? Fisher? Durant?

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Low degree of difficulty :lol. Yes mid range is so easy it's why everyone is so proficient at it these days despite easier offensive rules.

Everyone isn't but Ibaka and collision are two big men who are known for it

:lol and a spur fan calling out Derek fisher for fluke shooting is the funniest thing I've ever heard

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 03:06 PM
The Thunder made 52.7% of their two-pointers outside of 15 feet for the series. Normally, OKC shoots 42.6% from that range. Normally, the Spurs allow their opponents to shoot 40.6% from that range. But, unfortunately for the Spurs, the Thunder’s long-range shooting was abnormally deadly this series.
So out of every ten 15-20 ft. shots the Thunder took against the Spurs, they made 1 more than their season average (or 10% more). In such a limited sample size, shooting 10% better than they did during the regular season from an area the Spurs were basically asking them to shoot from really is not off the charts or fluky at all.

I'm still waiting to hear why I should have never said "barely above 50%"

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Did you look at the chart? Do you not see how a much larger sample size that shows their true abilities (the regular season chart) is significantly lower than the small 1-series sample size (wcf chart)? That is pretty much the definition of an outlier or a fluke.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Making catch & shoot midrange shots with the defense sagged off you is something most NBA players are proficient at.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Did you look at the chart? Do you not see how a much larger sample size that shows their true abilities (the regular season chart) is significantly lower than the small 1-series sample size (wcf chart)? That is pretty much the definition of an outlier or a fluke.
The much larger sample size is their 42.6% from that range they shot in the regular season. The 1-series sample size was 52.7%. That's a 10% difference. If there was the information available I'm willing to guess that the 42.6% number from the regular season has a standard deviation higher than 10%.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:15 PM
On that chart, the core of the minutes played, there were only 2 people less than 50% from that range. 2.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Derek fisher ain't no fluke!

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 03:19 PM
http://hoopdata.com/teamshotlocs.aspx

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

OKC was average at the 15-23 foot shot? They led the fuckin NBA in efficiency from that area. If they're average at that type of shot, which team is good or great at that type of shot? Man, what a fluke. The best 15-23 foot shooting team in basketball winning a series with their 15-23 foot shots!

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 03:23 PM

OKC was average at the 15-23 foot shot? They led the fuckin NBA in efficiency from that area. If they're average at that type of shot, which team is good or great at that type of shot? Man, what a fluke. The best 15-23 foot shooting team in basketball winning a series with their 15-23 foot shots!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
On that chart, the core of the minutes played, there were only 2 people less than 50% from that range. 2.
:lol That doesn't matter. The Thunder collectively shot 52.7% from 15-23 feet against San Antonio. That chart with individual numbers doesn't change that. Do you know how weighted-statistics work? :lol

DPG21920
I don't know what to argue with you tbh. If you don't think a team that consistently shoots 42% going to 52% is a big jump, ok, we just disagree. If you don't think when looking at the guys who played the lions share of minutes (the chart) that having everyone of them shoot above their average for 4 straight games (when getting the same looks that put them down 2-0) including some astronomical % increases (Durant 20%, Harden 32%, Thabo 34% & Collison 34%) is at all fluky, again, ok, I just disagree.

And in the context of this thread, if they get those same "wide open" looks against MIA while not scoring in the paint and shooting less than their average in FTs, they will lose and those %'s will look fluky.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 03:25 PM
:lol That doesn't matter. The Thunder collectively shot 52.7% from 15-23 feet against San Antonio. That chart with individual numbers doesn't change that. Do you know how weighted-statistics work? :lol

Oh, and sure enough, the Spurs during the regular season gave up the 2nd highest percentage from 15-23 feet :lmao

http://hoopdata.com/oteamshotlocs.aspx

So in a playoff series, the team most efficient at shooting 15-23 footers playing against the 2nd worst 15-23 foot shot defense goes off from 15-23 feet. Wow, what a fuckin fluke that must be!

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Definitely poorly worded. My entire point was they were taking a shot that is an inefficient shot - even if they were the best - by design. They shot an amazing clip for that type of shot.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 03:27 PM

Oh, and sure enough, the Spurs during the regular season gave up the 2nd highest percentage from 15-23 feet :lmao

So in a playoff series, the team most efficient at shooting 15-23 footers playing against the 2nd worst 15-23 foot shot defense goes off from 15-23 feet. Wow, what a fuckin fluke that must be!

:lmao destroyed. There is no logical rebuttal to this.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 03:30 PM
I don't know what to argue with you tbh.
Well for starters, you said OKC was average at taking that shot when they led the NBA in efficiency from that area. You clearly just pulled the "average at that shot" label out of your ass for the sake of your argument.

If you don't think a team that consistently shoots 42% going to 52% is a big jump, ok, we just disagree.
When it's the best team in the NBA at shooting 15-23 ft. shots going up against the 2nd worst team at defending 15-23 ft. shots, I really don't think that's a big jump.

If you don't think when looking at the guys who played the lions share of minutes (the chart) that having everyone of them shoot above their average for 4 straight games (when getting the same looks that put them down 2-0) including some astronomical % increases (Durant 20%, Harden 32%, Thabo 34% & Collison 34%) is at all fluky, again, ok, I just disagree.
The Spurs gave up the 2nd highest percent on 15-23 foot shots in the entire NBA. Do you really think it's fluky that players shoot a higher % from 15-23 ft. against San Antonio than they do against other teams? It seems pretty self explanatory that their shooting percentage from 15-23 feet would go up when they're playing against one of the worst teams at defending it.

MavDynasty
06-11-2012, 03:33 PM

:wow

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:33 PM

I hope you realize how silly that is. Who cares if you a highest percentage of an inefficient shot? That's the point - you force them to shoot that shot and even if the hit their average, you win. OKC being the best (you're acting like almost every team isn't lumped right in with each other with regards to that shot and the percentages, which is obviously intellectually dishonest) doesn't mean they were good or that they didn't play well abover their head.

You trying to diminish a 10% jump in the context of this shot doesn't make it any less silly - despite how many :lmao you use.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi. I'm dpg. I'm never wrong, because even when I'm wrong I'm somehow right. My asshole is bleeding.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 03:37 PM
They had playoff success too including a 2-0 lead vs OKC.
What happened the next 4 games? Oh and the Thunder had a 10 point lead in the 4th in game 1.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Well for starters, you said OKC was average at taking that shot when they led the NBA in efficiency from that area. You clearly just pulled the "average at that shot" label out of your ass for the sake of your argument.

Poorly worded but my point throughout was consistent. It was an astronomic increase on a tough shot. You keep saying they "led the nba..." which in a bubble is true, but when you look at the league average of 38% compared to the "league best" 42%, you start to see my point - its an inefficient shot that no one shoots well (even the "best" team at it).

When it's the best team in the NBA at shooting 15-23 ft. shots going up against the 2nd worst team at defending 15-23 ft. shots, I really don't think that's a big jump.

The Spurs gave up the 2nd highest percent on 15-23 foot shots in the entire NBA. Do you really think it's fluky that players shoot a higher % from 15-23 ft. against San Antonio than they do against other teams? It seems pretty self explanatory that their shooting percentage from 15-23 feet would go up when they're playing against one of the worst teams at defending it.

This is another clear case of being intellectually dishonest with the stats while at the same time downplaying the statistical jump that we saw.

The Spurs, despite being "the second worst at defending the 15-23 foot shot" still allowed a percentage lower than what OKC shoots. No one is saying it might not go up; the key is by how much and for how long.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:41 PM
What happened the next 4 games? Oh and the Thunder had a 10 point lead in the 4th in game 1.

I just showed you what happened. Also, spurs had a 20 point lead in game two and an 18 point lead in game 6.

mavs>spurs
I hope that whenever we hoop dpg doesn't pull up for a wide open 15 footer. All layups for you buddy or else I'm bitching you out for taking "inefficient shots." I don't care that you're 5'4, no 15 footers.

djohn2oo8
Hi. I'm dpg. I'm never wrong, because even when I'm wrong I'm somehow right. My asshole is bleeding.
DPG: "In order to admit one is wrong, you must stand tall. And since I am short, you can understand why I can't do that."

DPG21920

You aren't trolling.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I just showed you what happened. Also, spurs had a 20 point lead in game two and an 18 point lead in game 6.
There are the flukes. You did find em.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I hope that whenever we hoop dpg doesn't pull up for a wide open 15 footer. All layups for you buddy or else I'm bitching you out for taking "inefficient shots." I don't care that you're 5'4, no 15 footers.

That makes no sense.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
DPG: "In order to admit one is wrong, you must stand tall. And since I am short, you can understand why I can't do that."

:lol me being taller than you.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 03:46 PM
You aren't trolling.

You are.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I hope you realize how silly that is.
Yeah, how silly it is to think the best team at a certain shot draining it at a high rate against one of the worst teams at defending said shot is a fluke!

Who cares if you a highest percentage of an inefficient shot? That's the point - you force them to shoot that shot and even if the hit their average, you win.
But teams don't hit their average from 15-23 feet against San Antonio. They hit above their average. The stats show San Antonio's defense concedes that shot at a higher % than all but 1 team. Given that good teams exploit defensive weaknesses better than bad teams do, it makes sense OKC got more of a boost from San Antonio's sub-par 15-23 foot shooting than another team did. They're better at the shot than anyone else and will make bad defense from that area pay more than anyone else.

OKC being the best (you're acting like almost every team isn't lumped right in with each other with regards to that shot and the percentages, which is obviously intellectually dishonest) doesn't mean they were good or that they didn't play well abover their head.
So being the best at something means they're average at it? If OKC wasn't good at shooting 15-23 foot shots, which team was? OKC is nearly 2 standard deviations away from the regular season average of all teams.

It's also intellectually dishonest (and flat out wrong with respect to every way statistics are analyzed) to think that OKC shooting 4.5% better than the NBA average over a 66 game sample size is insignificant while a 10% jump over a 6 game sample size is. If I wasn't lazy I'd find the % OKC shot from that range in each game and find the standard deviation of that. I guarantee you 52% wouldn't be an "outlier" in that data given the small sample size.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah, how silly it is to think the best team at a certain shot draining it at a high rate against one of the worst teams at defending said shot is a fluke!

That's hyperbole. While technically speaking what you say is true, it's an inefficient shot that no one shoots a good percentage at - even the best teams. Which is why you hear the adage "jump shooting teams don't win in the playoffs"

You are also acting like you dropped some bombshell and keep repeating the "if one team is the best and one team is the worst!!!!" - that was in Timvp's thread, and already accounted for by me in the assessment.

But teams don't hit their average from 15-23 feet against San Antonio. They hit above their average. The stats show San Antonio's defense concedes that shot at a higher % than all but 1 team. Given that good teams exploit defensive weaknesses better than bad teams do, it makes sense OKC got more of a boost from San Antonio's sub-par 15-23 foot shooting than another team did. They're better at the shot than anyone else and will make bad defense from that area pay more than anyone else.

Make them pay. I guess shooting a ridiculous percentage compared to not only what they shoot, but also the league is making them pay. My argument is its not sustainable.

The fact the league average allowed is 38% and the Spurs as "the 2nd worst team in the league!!!" allowed 40% illustrates exactly what I'm talking about.

So being the best at something means they're average at it? If OKC wasn't good at shooting 15-23 foot shots, which team was? OKC is nearly 2 standard deviations away from the regular season average of all teams.

It's also intellectually dishonest (and flat out wrong with respect to every way statistics are analyzed) to think that OKC shooting 4.5% better than the NBA average over a 66 game sample size is insignificant while a 10% jump over a 6 game sample size is. If I wasn't lazy I'd find the % OKC shot from that range in each game and find the standard deviation of that. I guarantee you 52% wouldn't be an "outlier" in that data given the small sample size.

Again you repeating that doesn't make it less intellectually dishonest. I told you that one statement was poorly worded, but in looking at what I typed I feel I made my point clear, even if I used a poor way to describe it for one sentence. OKC was the best at shooting the shot, but that doesn't make it a good/efficient shot. Thats like being the best FT shooter on your team at 70%, that doesn't mean you are a good FT shooter. In the context of the league okc was good at that shot, but ultimately its a tough shot and if you get a healthy amount of those it's normally an issue. And it was for 2 games until they dramatically jumped that percentage.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 04:15 PM
So just as you said, "so okc hit 1 out of 10 shots extra...", what's the difference in the league average in allowing 38% on those shots and the Spurs being "the 2nd worst team in the league!" at 40% with regards to impact?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 04:32 PM
That's hyperbole. While technically speaking what you say is true, it's an inefficient shot that no one shoots a good percentage at - even the best teams. Which is why you hear the adage "jump shooting teams don't win in the playoffs"

You are also acting like you dropped some bombshell and keep repeating the "if one team is the best and one team is the worst!!!!" - that was in Timvp's thread, and already accounted for by me in the assessment.
:lol right. You chose to ignore it and not account for it in this thread till I brought it up.

Make them pay. I guess shooting a ridiculous percentage compared to not only what they shoot, but also the league is making them pay. My argument is its not sustainable.
OKC shot 42.6% on average and going by the regular season games had a standard deviation of 11.55% (I got bored and figured it out). Given the standard deviation, the fact we're talking about such a small sample size, them going from 42% to 52% over a 6 game stretch against a team that already gave up 2.8% higher than the average during the regular season would not even remotely be considered an outlier in statistics. It would be above average or above what the statistics hypothesize it would be, but it wouldn't be an outlier or a fluke.

The fact the league average allowed is 38% and the Spurs as "the 2nd worst team in the league!!!" allowed 40% illustrates exactly what I'm talking about.
That they're one of the worst teams at defending the shot?

Again you repeating that doesn't make it less intellectually dishonest. I told you that one statement was poorly worded, but in looking at what I typed I feel I made my point clear, even if I used a poor way to describe it for one sentence. OKC was the best at shooting the shot, but that doesn't make it a good/efficient shot.
Calling OKC "average" at 15-23 foot shots wasn't poor wording, it was flat out wrong. When you're the best at something, you're not average at it. You're saying it was poorly worded to deny the notion that you had no idea OKC was the most efficient team from that range before I brought it up. The word average has a distinct meaning and did not in any way fit the context with which you now claim that you were trying to use it.

Thats like being the best FT shooter on your team at 70%, that doesn't mean you are a good FT shooter.
:lol well there are 29 other teams out there. You're comparing apples to oranges. If said 70% free shooter was the best free throw shooter in the league, then yeah, he would be a good free throw shooter. If a 70% free throw shooting team was the best FT shooting team in the league, it would be a good free throw shooting team.

In the context of the league okc was good at that shot, but ultimately its a tough shot and if you get a healthy amount of those it's normally an issue.
It's a tough shot that bad teams miss and good teams make. The Spurs' strategy of letting teams shoot it works till they run into a team that actually can.

In the 4 games OKC won, they were 41 of 75 from 15-23 feet. In order to shoot their regular season average, they woulda gone 31 of 75 rather than 41 of 75, so 10 shots over 4 games, or 2.5 shots a game. Of all the other reasons possible for why the Spurs lost to OKC, you're hyperfocusing on the claim that they shoulda made 2.5 less midrange shots a game during their 4 game winning streak even though San Antonio designed its defense around letting them take those shots, mostly uncontested, and all year has let teams shoot the shot more efficiently than average.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 04:45 PM
:lol me being taller than you.
:lol Needing the step ladder to get to the booster seat to sit at the computer.

TIMMYtoZO
06-11-2012, 04:54 PM
:lol Game 1 can't get here any sooner.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 04:57 PM
:lol Needing the step ladder to get to the booster seat to sit at the computer.

:lol you needing to sit down when you pee

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 05:02 PM
DoK, put into context how much worse the Spurs are at defending the shot compared to the league average. You keep saying "they are one of the worst in the league" but what does that really mean when compared to what the Spurs average and what the league averages. That's what I'm talking about - but you already know that.

Again, the key is not that they shot better, it's that they shot freakishly better for 4 games in a row. They weren't all wide open looks either, it's just something you are saying to justify the percentages. We're there open looks? No doubt - but okc made several contested tough long twos as well.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
:lol you needing to sit down when you pee

I really don't think you realize how fluky (for lack of a better word) what okc did vs the Spurs was. Not that they won, but HOW they won.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I already proved that they didn't shoot "freakishly" better. They shot within 1 standard deviation of their average. Of all the possible shooting percentages they could have had, this percentage falls in right blue area of this graph:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv7NH5SrCLnDMI4yTZDwyBDpWAjiXAW 8SSDe_izjUOvCGP6eEyETWWLcOndQ

That's not even close to being classified as a fluke.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 05:11 PM
The Thunder made 52.7% of their two-pointers outside of 15 feet for the series. Normally, OKC shoots 42.6% from that range. Normally, the Spurs allow their opponents to shoot 40.6% from that range. But, unfortunately for the Spurs, the Thunder’s long-range shooting was abnormally deadly this series. Yes, San Antonio gave up some perimeter looks by design, but 52.7% isn’t sustainable by any team (or any player, for that matter) over the long haul. That said, give the Thunder credit. Their players stepped up and knocked down the most inefficient shots in the game of basketball at a shockingly efficient rate.

Oklahoma City’s marksmanship extended beyond the three-point line. The Thunder shot 40.4% on three-pointers for the series, which is up from their regular season accuracy (36%) and much better than they shot in the first two rounds (even though the Lakers and Mavs are poor at defending the three-point line and the Spurs are elite). Again, give the Thunder all the credit.

How much did OKC’s shooting from the perimeter influence this series? If the Thunder shoot their usual percentage from the perimeter, they would have scored 37 fewer points -- or 99.7 points per game instead of 105.8. Do you think that would have made a difference? Yeah, so do I.

Am I wrong in thinking that while going from 42% to 52% is a 10% difference that it's actually ~25% increase over what they normally do (10/42= 24%) or am I brain-farting?

Also I don't see where you're getting your numbers in context ( maybe this includes the jump in 3's as well).

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 05:12 PM

That doesn't make any sense.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 05:14 PM
That doesn't make any sense.
Neither does complaining about flukiness.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
So the fact you are shorter than me & pee sitting down down while trying to make fun of me being short has to do what with complaining about "flukes"?

This is my assessment of the Heat v OKC. I may be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Am I wrong in thinking that while going from 42% to 52% is a 10% difference that it's actually ~25% increase over what they normally do (10/42= 24%) or am I brain-farting?

Also I don't see where you're getting your numbers in context ( maybe this includes the jump in 3's as well).
I took their shooting % from 15-23 feet in each of their regular season games and found the standard deviation of the 66 percentages, i.e., how much their shooting from that area varies game by game. You'll be hard pressed to find an NBA site that uses standard deviation if you're wondering where I got it.

Which other numbers are you referring to?

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 05:20 PM
So the fact you are shorter than me & pee sitting down down while trying to make fun of me being short has to do what with complaining about "flukes"?

This is my assessment of the Heat v OKC. I may be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time.
No. The fact you can't admit to when you're wrong and have an excuse for everything.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 05:21 PM
I took their shooting % from 15-23 feet in each of their regular season games and found the standard deviation of the 66 percentages, i.e., how much their shooting from that area varies game by game. You'll be hard pressed to find an NBA site that uses standard deviation if you're wondering where I got it.

Which other numbers are you referring to?

The ones that Timvp used that essentially said their abnormal perimeter shooting accounted for 6 points a game dropping them from an average of 105 ppg to 99 ppg which obviously makes quite the difference.

baseline bum
06-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Which city will be more butthurt off a title: Seattle if the Sonics ring or Cleveland if LeBron does?

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
No. The fact you can't admit to when you're wrong and have an excuse for everything.

So, you don't make sense then like I thought. And you are short :lol

Also, I admitted I was wrong about the Mavs. I paid $500 for it. So now you're a liar who pees sitting down.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Which city will be more butthurt off a title: Seattle if the Sonics ring or Cleveland if LeBron does?
Cleveland. He left and they burned his jerseys. They may commit suicide if he rings.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 05:26 PM
The ones that Timvp used that essentially said their abnormal perimeter shooting accounted for 6 points a game dropping them from an average of 105 ppg to 99 ppg which obviously makes quite the difference.
2.5 shots in each of the 4 games (31 of 75 rather than 41 of 75) so 5 points per game if they shot their average. That said it's stupid having the expectation OKC shoots their average when Popovich's defensive scheme gave OKC the looks it did from 15-23 feet. The Spurs aren't a good enough defense where you can realistically expect them to limit OKC's interior scoring, FT shooting and 3 point shooting while not letting them get open 15-23 foot looks. The Spurs also let teams shoot above their average from that area all season.

baseline bum
06-11-2012, 05:26 PM
I hope some of those douchebags from the Save Our Sonics movie show up to OKC in Seattle gear. That shit would be classic tbh.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Also acting like I'm not bringing any valid sort of arguments and just going GNSF and crying about the refs. There's a huge difference in making bs excuses and having a take as to what happened, even if it's not popular. I said what Timvp said in his thread all series (ask DD) but without the research that Timvp applied to validate it. His thread cemented what I thought by watching the games (multiple times) & doing basic stat work on my own.

You may call it whining, I call it my assessment. It's not like I'm going all Rocket fan and saying ridiculous stuff like they will be a 2nd seed.

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 05:29 PM
2.5 shots in each of the 4 games (31 of 75 rather than 41 of 75) so 5 points per game if they shot their average. That said it's stupid having the expectation OKC shoots their average when Popovich's defensive scheme gave OKC the looks it did from 15-23 feet. The Spurs aren't a good enough defense where you can realistically expect them to limit OKC's interior scoring, FT shooting and 3 point shooting while not letting them get open 15-23 foot looks. The Spurs also let teams shoot above their average from that area all season.

Sure, but our beef is how impactful or improbable their jump was over a sustainable period of time. No one shoots like they did over the course of several games and the Spurs game plan isn't rocket science or different than many other teams - they all know the long two is the shot to give up.

djohn2oo8
06-11-2012, 05:31 PM
So, you don't make sense then like I thought. And you are short :lol

Also, I admitted I was wrong about the Mavs. I paid $500 for it. So now you're a liar who pees sitting down.
Not about dem Spurs though. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2012, 05:36 PM
The long 2 is the shot to give up till it beats you. It's not sustainable because most of the time the other team's coach adjusts and takes the 15-23 foot shot away with simple tweeks. Popovich didn't do that at all. If Spoelstra does the same thing Popovich does, I expect the same type of shooting performance to happen again, but Miami was better at defending the shot than San Antonio was during the regular season so I don't expect that to happen.

PublicOption
06-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Bullshit has the edge and you're the sucker(s)

DPG21920
06-11-2012, 05:43 PM
The long 2 is the shot to give up till it beats you. It's not sustainable because most of the time the other team's coach adjusts and takes the 15-23 foot shot away with simple tweeks. Popovich didn't do that at all. If Spoelstra does the same thing Popovich does, I expect the same type of shooting performance to happen again, but Miami was better at defending the shot than San Antonio was during the regular season so I don't expect that to happen.

Again, in the scheme of things I disagree that an improvement in anyone area that leads to 5-6 ppg difference is significant. Especially when the difference in the 2nd worst team (Spurs at 40%) & average (league at 38%) is really not a large gap and all are largely not great.

PublicOption
06-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I hope some of those douchebags from the Save Our Sonics movie show up to OKC in Seattle gear. That shit would be classic tbh.

The league will not allow them in

Norris Cole
06-11-2012, 06:26 PM
:cry Spurs lost :cry

Blew an 18 pt lead and choked away game 5.

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 05:07 AM

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 05:14 AM
Heat in 6, tbh...

TamponDude with the bads. :lol

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 05:16 AM

:toast

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 05:17 AM
:lmao Hype fans, OKC pwned your asses in the Finals, they tamed you faggots and made yall their bitches

Fixed. :downspin:

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 05:18 AM

after 1 game? i guess i missed them awarding okc the trophy crofl

you really expected stern to let miami come out and dominate game 1, take homecourt right away, and probably deflate the thunders young morale going on to beat them in 4 games? :rolleyes

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 05:21 AM

you really expected stern to let miami come out and dominate game 1, take homecourt right away, and probably deflate the thunders young morale going on to beat them in 4 games? :rolleyes

You are a faggot. That was the Hype's best chance at stealing a game in OKC. They blew it. Period. Point. Blank.

The Thunder won't be star struck like in det 1st half. They didn't get much from Harden either... Yet here they are, 1-0.

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 05:26 AM
they blew it after game 1! might as well go home! lmao idiot

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 05:42 AM
they blew it after game 1! might as well go home! lmao idiot

:downspin:

Ace
06-13-2012, 07:12 AM
You are a faggot. That was the Hype's best chance at stealing a game in OKC. They blew it. Period. Point. Blank.

The Thunder won't be star struck like in det 1st half. They didn't get much from Harden either... Yet here they are, 1-0.

They played horrible and yet that was their best chance at stealing one? Gee you're stupid.

KD4MVP
06-13-2012, 08:37 AM

Sure, why not, and blaming the refs?

Chalmers had 10, Battier had 17 POINTS?!?!

Harden had 5, yet they still won.

Not sure what happens in Game 2, but that was a very good chance for Miami to steal Game 1.

m>s
06-13-2012, 09:29 AM
^ sup mono

miami should've done better protecting their paint imho, OKC aint at all that swole at the low post, porkins is a crap at the offensive end and their scores in paint were mostly achieved by driving-ins. spurs lost to them okc but their strategy might still be worth plagiarizing for them Miami imho, just block the lanes and do everything you can to prevent fags like durant/westchuck/sefolosha from drivin inside, forcing them to shoot jumpers. fags are inconsistent and they ain't keepin their FG% high even if you leave them open all game long

m>s
06-13-2012, 09:29 AM
^ sup mono

miami should've done better protecting their paint imho, OKC aint at all that swole at the low post, porkins is a crap at the offensive end and their scores in paint were mostly achieved by driving-ins. spurs lost to them okc but their strategy might still be worth plagiarizing for them Miami imho, just block the lanes and do everything you can to prevent fags like durant/westchuck/sefolosha from drivin inside, forcing them to shoot jumpers. fags are inconsistent and they ain't keepin their FG% high even if you leave them open all game long

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
They played horrible and yet that was their best chance at stealing one? Gee you're stupid.

We're they NOT up double digits as late as the 3rd quarter before their patent pending chokery? Are the Thunder NOT dominant at home? Was this NOT the Thunder's first Finals game? You know the answers to these questions. All of this aside, they still came back and tapped det Hype ass. The championship teams don't let teams off the hook like that. They stomp on their throats with metal cleats. They put steel toe boots to asses. The Hype didn't do any of that.

Truth be told, OKC won't come out with deer in the headlights look v. the Hype in game two. They got a 5-time champion in their ear telling them what to expect from you bums next game, etc. And probably the most important factor: KD. This kid is showing the world what a special talent he is. 1st Finals game against "the best player in the world" (Wade's words - not mines)? No problem:

12/20 (60%)
36 points (17 in the 4th)
8 Rebs
4 helpers
1 emphatic swat on D-Whistle

KD > LeHype. Acknowledge it hommie. :tu

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 04:29 PM
KD dropped 17 4th quarter points (effortlessly) on 1st team all nba defense LeHype! I love typing that shit.

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 04:30 PM
but how much of the game did lebron actually guard him? i saw battier on him a lot and at one point wade :rolleyes

tesseractive
06-13-2012, 04:32 PM
but how much of the game did lebron actually guard him? i saw battier on him a lot and at one point wade :rolleyes

I think it was Battier in the 4th when Durant really went off.

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 04:33 PM
^i don't think culburn jr realizes that :lol

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 04:34 PM

GTFO out my thread faggot. That was sarcasm because Spo and LeHype knows he can't check KD. Everyone says he shut down Rose last year. He's 1st team all nba defense. Everybody know KD was getting the rock in the 4th. Why couldn't LeHype stop him?

KD > LeHype. Acknowledge it hommie. :tu

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 04:35 PM
oh now it was sarcasm, how convenient :lol

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 04:37 PM
^i don't think culburn jr realizes that :lol

I watched the game. I know what happened. A true 1st team all nba defender takes that challenge and don't pass it off to a 52 year old Battier.

As much shit as you guys give Kobe, he would demand to take the opposing teams' best player. Like he did in '08 Olympics. You know, when he lead LeHype to gold. :lol

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 04:37 PM
oh now it was sarcasm, how convenient :lol

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 04:39 PM
KD reminded me of prime Kobe during his 5 championship runs last night.

#ACNE-MAMBA :lol

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 04:41 PM
I watched the game. I know what happened. A true 1st team all nba defender takes that challenge and don't pass it off to a 52 year old Battier.

As much shit as you guys give Kobe, he would demand to take the opposing teams' best player. Like he did in '08 Olympics. You know, when he lead LeHype to gold. :lol

:lol what are you talking about? kobe neverrrrrrrrrr guards the opposing teams best player. never.

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 04:52 PM
:lol what are you talking about? kobe neverrrrrrrrrr guards the opposing teams best player. never.

I watch way more Laker games than you. I'm willing to put money on that. And I wouldn't say never, but the last 3-4 years Ariza, MWP, or Barnes have taken the lion share of the defensive minutes against the oppositions best perimeter players. Prior to them Kobe had to do it because we needed him to. Even with them on the roster, if it is a critical stop needed, I've seen Kobe try to guard these elite perimeter players.. He's had a lot less success now, but in his prime - like LeHype is right now, his 1st team all nba defense nods were legit tbh. Now he gets the nod on reputation. :lol

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 04:58 PM
:lol kobe's all defenses were never legit. even when he was capable of defending well (which was only for a short period in his career) he never chose to do it in any manner even remotely resembling consistency.

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 05:03 PM
:lol kobe's all defenses were never legit. even when he was capable of defending well (which was only for a short period in his career) he never chose to do it in any manner even remotely resembling consistency.

I get it. I'm being trolled. :lol

Carry on. :wakeup

Ace
06-13-2012, 05:49 PM
There's honestly no point in talking basketball with LkrFag he's legitimately stupid...

LkrFan
06-14-2012, 02:54 AM
There's honestly no point in talking basketball with LkrFag he's legitimately stupid...

What's up with Wade being called out by Battier? :downspin: that shit if you dare. :lol

Bill_Brasky
08-05-2012, 12:15 PM
:lmao lkrfag with the worst takes in this thread

Koolaid_Man
08-05-2012, 12:46 PM
:lmao lkrfag with the worst takes in this thread

Hello my brother :lol ...will you join with me in celebrating the Top-5 most ridiculous box scores of the Mamba's career - thus far. :lol

1.) Jan 22, 2006 - Lakers 122, Raptors 104:

Kobe's Line: 81 PTS, 6 REB, 2 AST, 2 STL. Shooting: 28-46 FG, 7-13 3-PT, 18-20 FT

2.) Mar 16, 2007 - Lakers 116, Blazers 111:

Kobe's Line: 65 PTS, 7 REB, 3 AST, 3 STL. Shooting: 23-39 FG, 8-12 3-PT, 11-12 FT

3.) May 13, 2001 - Lakers 119, Kings 113 (Playoff Game):

Kobe's Line: 48 PTS, 16 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL. Shooting: 15-29 FG, 1-1 3-PT, 17-19 FT

4.) March 28, 2003 - Lakers 108, Wizards 94: The "Last MJ" Game :lol

Kobe's Line: 55 PTS, 5 REB, 3 AST, 3 STL. Shooting: 15-29 FG, 9-13 3-PT, 16-18 FT

5.) December 20, 2005 - Lakers 112, Mavericks 90: The "Fuck The Mavs In The Ass Game :lol

Kobe's Line: 62 PTS, 8 REB, 0 AST, 3 STL. Shooting: 18-31 FG, 4-10 3-PT, 22-25 FT

Bonus Game for shits and giggles: :lol

6.) Game 4 of the 2004 Western Conference Semifinals versus the Spurs.

Kobe's Line: 42 points, 6 REB, 5 AST Shooting 15-27

Bill_Brasky
08-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Sup Harlem