PDA

View Full Version : How many of you would root for the Heat in the Finals?

Amuseddaysleeper
06-10-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm curious

OZWIN
06-10-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm rooting for them.

mrjap2x
06-10-2012, 03:02 AM
I do, 'cause spo is fil and also james and bosh are one of m favorie non spur players

slayermin
06-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Not necessarily rooting, but I would prefer that Miami wins it. We don't need any more teams with championship pedigree in the west.

And I guess I am rooting against Derek Fisher. Fuck that dude.

crc21209
06-10-2012, 03:42 AM
Me. I'm actually a Wade and LeBron fan so I'm rooting for them....

temujin
06-10-2012, 03:56 AM
If I ever watched the "finals", which I won't, I would root for Bill Kennedy and Joey Crawford and some of the other "referees".
I have actually come to appreciate more their refereeing than the players.
They elevated that to a absolute art.

100%duncan
06-10-2012, 04:32 AM
Me. Fuck okc.

Holt's Cat
06-10-2012, 04:35 AM
F em all.

smaka
06-10-2012, 04:45 AM
F em all.

Spurologist
06-10-2012, 04:48 AM
Not rooting for either team but I wouldn't mind Lebron getting a ring - the hate towards him is over-sensationalized

freetiago
06-10-2012, 05:15 AM
miami
dont like the okcheat

and would like to see what happens to the internet/espn if lebron does actually win a ring
there would be so much less trolling
skip bayless would probably be a homeless man

Fernando TD21
06-10-2012, 05:51 AM
Go Heat.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-10-2012, 06:29 AM
If I ever watched the "finals", which I won't, I would root for Bill Kennedy and Joey Crawford and some of the other "referees".
I have actually come to appreciate more their refereeing than the players.
They elevated that to a absolute art.

Thread. Joey is a beast!

Kuestmaster
06-10-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm rooting for LeBron. He gets unproportional hate.
And also fuck Reflahoma.

racm
06-10-2012, 07:00 AM
LeBron isn't a total ass. Bosh seems like a decent fellow though.

Wade's the ass.

SamoanTD
06-10-2012, 07:38 AM
If dwade didn't play for heat I would but he's a fucking scumbag so OKC.

Russo21
06-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Undecided.

I have always hated LeBron, but does he get to much hate? Why do i hate him? Is it his fault, sterns fault?

The league annointed him as the king and the greatest in the NBA without accomplishing anything other then indivdual accolades, maybe thats why.

Have i been dissing LeBron to much? Maybe.

Is his hate warranted? I don't know why or why not.

Did LeBron make me hate him or did the league do it.

Was it 'the decision' Maybe, I dont know. That was pretty stupid.

Was it that he left his home team to play with his bum buddies? Partly.

Is it because he self annointed himself as 'the chosen one' or 'king james' or whichever term he uses these days. That has something to do with it sure. He calls himself the chosen one? Maybe. You shouldn't be chosen to be great you should work to be great and deserve it without it being handed to you. Is his stupid chosen 1 tattoo and his king james persona just part of him being under educated? Is it his fault he seems under-educated?

He just seems to try to hard to be liked, instead of letting it flow naturally. Maybe that's why? He tries to hard? He comes across as likeable sometimes, but always seems to be trying to be liked.

I can't put my finger on why i dislike LeBron or if i should like him becuase of his game. Do i still underappreciate his game because of my negative feelings to him? Maybe. If i put my feelings aside maybe i'll appreciate his greatness, which i honestly havent appreciated at all.

Maybe LeBron just tries to hard. Went to the NBA straight out of High School, maybe he just isn't educated and mature. I don't know.

I thought i liked the Thunder, but they were such assholes in our series i grew to hate them, especially perkins, ibaka, westbrook and harden. So nearly all their main players. They acted like such douchebage, ungrateful winners.

So LeBron and the Heat or the Thunder? I'm trying LeBron, i'm trying to support your talent dude. LeBron, stop trying so hard yourself to be liked and ill trying to start liking you and your game. Nearly everything you say seems rehearsed, just chill.

We'll see what happens, i'll probably decide as the series goes on...Maybe the heat, Maybe i can try to appreciate LeBron and his talents finally.

dunkman
06-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Heat, they are more deserving. OKC didn't beat the Spurs in G6, the refs did it.

CubanMustGo
06-10-2012, 08:11 AM
I can't cheer for a team featuring a dude who has "Chosen1" tattooed in huge letters on his back and uses @KingJames as a twitter handle, not to mention someone who the media and the NBA has tried to shove down my throat since the day he entered the league. Sorry.

TampaDude
06-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Heat in 6. Fuck the Thunder.

wut
06-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm with Russo21, I want to route for Lebron, but I just don't know how, when the guy is such an egotistical tool, that signifies everything that is wrong with the NBA today.

If Thunder win:

Regular season wins vs Thunder will mean nothing. They will have that championship-pedigree so only playoff games really mean something.
Durant will get the 'it's his league to dominate for the future' media award
Thunder will get more coat-tailers (people who just want a ring, ie. Fisher types).

If Heat win:

Lebron will finally get his ring and the monkey off his back.
Lebron will stop acting like he's the bad guy.
Media will say that Lebron's time has finally come for him to dominate the league.
Miami's ego will get even bigger? (is that even possible)

I mean I hate Lebron, but at the same time I realized that I hate Fisher more, and the guy just doesn't deserve to have more rings....I think I'm going to route for Lebron just because Thunder have Fisher; and don't get me wrong, I really don't want to route for Lebron but I would rather see another west team fail to prevent Lebron from getting his ring, rather than the Spurs. Could you imagine if Spurs beat the Thunder only to lose to Lebron due to ref calls, I mean we thought losing to the Thunder by refs was bad.

This reminds me WAY too much like in 2006 (?) when we lost to the Mavs in WCF (due to refs, parading Dirk to the free throw line), only to watch the Mavs get punked by the refs to the Heat when in pure ironic fashion the same thing happened to them as Wade paraded to the free throw line as the Mavs got punked by the refs.

100%duncan
06-10-2012, 09:31 AM
TBH, my hate for Bron is gone. But I still love to see him choke though. But I can't stomach OKC winning it. FUCK ACNE. FUCK BINLADEN. FUCK NINJA TURTLE. FUCK ERIK SPOELSTRA 2.0.

pjjrfan
06-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Count me out, OKC all the way.

Legacy
06-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Again...

Won't be watching. :sleep

MmP
06-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Im rooting for okc, actually.

dbreiden83080
06-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Do you really wanna see Westbrook and that ass clown Harden win a title??

Lets go Heat...

dbreiden83080
06-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Me. I'm actually a Wade and LeBron fan so I'm rooting for them....

I think Lebron has taken far too much shit personally. Yeah he can and has choked but the dude is putting up 31 and 10 in the playoffs on 50% and the Skips Bayless's of the world act like he is not doing enough.. :lol

He needs that chip already..

Johnny RIngo
06-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Not rooting for either though my opinion is the Thunder won't have much of a chance if Lebron actually shows up.

Luxic
06-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Is there any chance they can both lose? Like a meteor striking the arena or something...

Bill_Brasky
06-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Harden falls down after every shot. Fuck that dude and fuck fisher too.

Legacy
06-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Is there any chance they can both win?....

fify ;)

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-10-2012, 12:46 PM

I agree with this. I can't stand Fisher. I want to see Lebron dunk all over Harden and Fisher. Wade has become unbearable though.

PDXSpursFan
06-10-2012, 12:51 PM
im rooting for okc, actually.

+1

itzsoweezee
06-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Fuck the thunder. I want the heat to win because it'd piss off the most people.

Gagnrath
06-10-2012, 01:05 PM
The thing I liked is when Parker forgets about Westbrook underneath, he then falls down untouched on the dunk and they whistle parker for the and 1. That tells me that the league office has said give all benefiet of doubt to OKC, and I want to see what happens to LeBron and Wade without that. My bet is that at some point in the series Wade gets a flagrant and is out for the rest of that game and the next without favorable whistles.

Andthentherewas21
06-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Its a lose-lose situation. However I'm going OKC route. At least they built their team up over the years and have learned and developed. Durant when through his "this is my team but we still can't get 30 wins in a season" years ago, and has steadily improved his game. Obviously helps that Westbrook and Harden turned out to be great players, but it was all done in the OKC FO or in their gym.

Lebron on the other hand went to a team that had one of the best 5 players in the league, and waited until they acquired one of the top PFs in the Eastern Conference at the time, to join them. I'll give Lebron his due and say hes been dominant in these playoffs, but he CHOSE to do it on a team that have been 2 #1 scoring options on other teams.

I don't mind if Lebron wins a ring down the line, in fact given what he can do he should have at least one before he retires. But I'd prefer it not being a validation of 3 Superstars (or 2 Superstars and an All-star), deciding to join together in the prime of their careers to try and dominant the league. It sends a big "F@#$ U!" to the small markets that will never had that power to allure big stars, and defeats the whole concept of a team.

timtonymanu
06-10-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm rooting for Miami. In fact, they were my team in the East I wanted to see make it to the end if the Spurs didn't get there. LeBron gets a lot of undeserved hate and I would like to see him win one to shut up the haters.

I'm not a fan of Wade though but he's won one before so I wouldn't mind seeing him win this year.

Fuck the ref protected Thunder!

Andthentherewas21
06-10-2012, 01:16 PM
One more thing, for those people complaining about the Refs giving OKC our series (which they at least helped to do), do you honestly think that the Heat haven't been getting the benefit of the whistle all postseason? I mean seriously, if you think that Lebron won't get away with raping Durant on D and then get touch fouls on the other side, your kidding yourself.

Knoxxx
06-10-2012, 01:21 PM
LeBron has paid his dues unlike OKC and their fans. Karma is a bitch, and I hope it comes back and bites OKC. I hope Miami gets every call, OKC deserves nothing less.

TheCerebral1
06-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I root against Lebron James everytime he picks up the ball. KD35, Agent Orange and the beard are so much more fun. I respect the Presti run Thunder so much.

spurs10
06-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Eloquently put!

Kyle Orton
06-10-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm with Russo21, I want to route for Lebron, but I just don't know how, when the guy is such an egotistical tool, that signifies everything that is wrong with the NBA today.

If Thunder win:

Regular season wins vs Thunder will mean nothing. They will have that championship-pedigree so only playoff games really mean something.
Durant will get the 'it's his league to dominate for the future' media award
Thunder will get more coat-tailers (people who just want a ring, ie. Fisher types).

If Heat win:

Lebron will finally get his ring and the monkey off his back.
Lebron will stop acting like he's the bad guy.
Media will say that Lebron's time has finally come for him to dominate the league.
Miami's ego will get even bigger? (is that even possible)

I mean I hate Lebron, but at the same time I realized that I hate Fisher more, and the guy just doesn't deserve to have more rings....I think I'm going to route for Lebron just because Thunder have Fisher; and don't get me wrong, I really don't want to route for Lebron but I would rather see another west team fail to prevent Lebron from getting his ring, rather than the Spurs. Could you imagine if Spurs beat the Thunder only to lose to Lebron due to ref calls, I mean we thought losing to the Thunder by refs was bad.

This reminds me WAY too much like in 2006 (?) when we lost to the Mavs in WCF (due to refs, parading Dirk to the free throw line), only to watch the Mavs get punked by the refs to the Heat when in pure ironic fashion the same thing happened to them as Wade paraded to the free throw line as the Mavs got punked by the refs.

Duncan had more ft than dirk that series

Spurs had more ft than mavs that series

:cry the refs screwed us!

Knoxxx
06-10-2012, 02:19 PM

I agree that shit was over the top and I have no respect for how OKC won, crucial flops and every one of them called. Harden and his lice-filled beard are one big POS as far as I'm concerned.

(and yes, I did my detailed post game review today so the anger is quite fresh again...)

spurs10
06-10-2012, 03:07 PM
I won't be rooting for Harden or Fisher that's for sure..

Xevious
06-10-2012, 03:20 PM
My head might implode if I actually tried to pick a team I'd rather win a title.

Spurs9
06-10-2012, 03:29 PM
I will.

OKC is overly cocky, I like Durant though. Lebron has played at high level for many years, and its time for him to win it. Hes more mentally tough and I think hes going to do whatever it takes to win it all. Hes the best player in the NBA.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-10-2012, 04:36 PM
I am. The Heat, Lebron nor Wade have knocked us out of the playoffs. Thunder have. They're rivals/enemies as far as I'm concerned. Screw 'em. Go Heat. In 6 or 7. Should be a good one.

elemento
06-10-2012, 04:37 PM
rooting for Miami as well

Despise James Harden

Spurs da champs
06-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Gotta go with Thunder they built their team the Spurs way, not by just picking up superstars in free agency!

ducks
06-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I will NEVER root for drama queen baby choker james who has yet to every win a title ever in his life

bthewigwam
06-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Isn't it better to lose to the champs? (yes I know the refs are the champs).

In any case, fuck the Heat. Fuck LeBron.

Xevious
06-10-2012, 06:06 PM
After giving it more thought (my head didn't implode after all), I have to hope that OKC wins. Regardless how bitter I feel about game six, OKC was built entirely through the draft and non blockbuster trades. Miami represents a lot of what is wrong with the NBA today. And even though Durant has become one of NBA's poster boys, OKC is still a small market and they are representing the west. I'll take that that over the super friends.

SamoanTD
06-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Fuck Dwade the fucking scum bag.

Budkin
06-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Again...

Won't be watching. :sleep

Me either. Could care less who wins. Still too pissed about the Spurs.

Spurs Brazil
06-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I hope James never win a ring.

Go OKC

SA210
06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Fuck both teams, Fuck the NBA

Kidd K
06-10-2012, 10:52 PM
LeBron isn't a total ass. Bosh seems like a decent fellow though.

Wade's the ass.

This. I still can't believe that LeBron is so hated when Wade has clearly been by far the biggest douchebag of that trio since day one.

Wade gets a 9/10 for douchebaggery

LeBron: 4/10

Bosh: 2/10

Venti Quattro
06-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Let's go Heat!

Kidd K
06-10-2012, 11:01 PM
The correct answer should be "neither" for anyone who's upset by getting screwed by the refs in the WCF.

The Heat are the eastern conference's "Thunder", the team that gets all the calls and whistles for a boost to get wins.

Of course, the Thunder get more than Miami, so the Heat are the lesser of two evils. Still. . .I can't honestly say I'd enjoy it if the Heat won. I just want the Thunder to not win. Their presence in the Finals deserves an asterisk due to the strong touch of corruption to assist them there.

Legacy
06-11-2012, 12:11 AM
After giving it more thought (my head didn't implode after all), I have to hope that OKC wins. Regardless how bitter I feel about game six, OKC was built entirely through the draft and non blockbuster trades. Miami represents a lot of what is wrong with the NBA today. And even though Durant has become one of NBA's poster boys, OKC is still a small market and they are representing the west. I'll take that that over the super friends.

Agreed.

I don't really hate LeBron, and I actually like Bosh, tbh. Wade is the ass. ... But who the HELL are all the other "LeBraunettes" on this "team?" I don't have a fucking clue, and have really never paid attention because I am simply not interested in or care for "LeHype." Simple as that.

LongtimeSpursFan
06-11-2012, 12:26 AM
I've made up my mind. I'm hoping the Thunder win. Then I hope we beat the crap out of them in the Western Conference Finals. It will be nice to get some revenge for this year. Plus, I want the Western conference to continue its dominance over the Eastern conference.

Legacy
06-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Don't care for either teams, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
06-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Are some of you conspiracy theorists aware that the Heat's FT advantage over Boston was only 4 per game, despite the Celtics ranking 27th during the regular season?..the series was probably officiated in Boston's favor, outside of the missed call against Wade in the dying moments of game 2..

The Heat haven't received an egregious officiating advantage in the 2011, nor the 2012 playoffs..

It's not even comparable to OKC, a team that relies heavily on officials, despite being a jump shooting team..

Sisk
06-11-2012, 01:09 AM
Definitely going for the Heat

Fuck Derek Fisher.

Legacy
06-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Are some of you conspiracy theorists aware that the Heat's FT advantage over Boston was only 4 per game, despite the Celtics ranking 27th during the regular season?..the series was probably officiated in Boston's favor, outside of the missed call against Wade in the dying moments of game 2..

The Heat haven't received an egregious officiating advantage in the 2011, nor the 2012 playoffs..

It's not even comparable to OKC, a team that relies heavily on officials, despite being a jump shooting team..

Still doesn't mean that I have to root for either teams.

I won't even be watching The Finals, like I said. *shrug*

Sincerely Yours,

- Spurs fan "Conspiracy Theorist"