PDA

View Full Version : Who wins Thunder or Heat

ViceCity86
06-10-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm rooting for the Thunder.Something to be said about being built the right way like the Thunder,but I think Heat will win it,because of experience,Westbrook will meltdown and Lebron will outplay Durant.Heat are a much tougher,resilent team than last year.

Heat in 6

Richie
06-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Thunder in 5

Beanzamillion21
06-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Heat. Pro Sports are rigged these days.

OZWIN
06-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Heat in six.

SamoanTD
06-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Probably the Heat because of the help from the refs but OKC scoring could keep the refs out of the game so I say OKC in 6 or 7.

temujin
06-10-2012, 03:37 AM
David Stern.

LkrFan
06-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Stern in 7 tbh.

rascal
06-10-2012, 05:29 AM
Miami wins

smaka
06-10-2012, 07:06 AM
depends on whether lebron on lechoke will play...

mudyez
06-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Only David Stern knows!

CubanMustGo
06-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Hoping for Thunder, fearing for cHeat.

TampaDude
06-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Heat in 6.

TheProfessor
06-10-2012, 09:11 AM
A repeat of the 2006 Finals - Thunder have lived by the whistle, and now die by it. Heat in 6.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-10-2012, 09:14 AM
The last team to eliminate the Spurs AND win the LoB was the 2001-2002 LAL squad, the Final team of their three-peat.

I'm just sayin'...

TampaDude
06-10-2012, 09:20 AM
The last team to eliminate the Spurs AND win the LoB was the 2001-2002 LAL squad, the Final team of their three-peat.

I'm just sayin'...

Yup...I see things ending badly for the Thunder in the Finals.

cherylsteele
06-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Who cares.......there is going to be a whistle almost every time down the court the way ref's have been calling the games in favor of these to teams.

GrandeDavid
06-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Heat will win. Bron probably has decided to stop losing in Finals. Too bad Spurs choked in Game 5 and got robbed in Game 6 otherwise....

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2012, 09:31 AM
theres usually a trend whoever beat the spurs in the playoff usually fails in the next round

then again with a clean slate record durant, stern migh be building someshit for him

admiralsnackbar
06-10-2012, 09:56 AM
The refs.

wut
06-10-2012, 09:57 AM
David Sterns answer: The fans. (what a load of bull)

My Answer: Who gives a crap; this crap is rigged anyway. I'm going to watch a real sport where I don't feel like my team is being cheated (the NFL).

At least when my favorite team loses in the NFL I feel like we just didn't perform. The NBA is SOOOOO dependent on how the refs call the game that it's getting hard to watch. Is it me, or is it literally the only team sport where the pace of the game is dictated by the refs and not the teams?

NBA is a failure, and should be stripped of any claim that it is a sport. NBA is nothing more than entertainment now. You've finally gotten your way Stern....the sad thing is that you're happy with the state of the NBA.

Just like our financial system, Stern has focused solely on the numbers/profits....so much to the extent that he no longer can relate to the working man. Who cares if you want to see the NBA as a sport, Stern has proven he can make more money by making it more entertaining. How do you make it more entertaining? You focus on stars, and cater to large markets and make sure the refs allow these stars to get away with breaking the rules.

I'm trying not to be so bitter, because if Spurs had won, I probably would not be saying this (and I recognize that in fairness), however the state of the NBA is poor....but sadly will not change anytime soon as long as Stern and the 1% are making money on it.

All you have to do is listen to the words that comes out of his mouth to realize he's out of touch. He describes the NBA with words like 'product' and 'entertainment'...as if we were never talking about a sport.

Mr Fundamental
06-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Thunder in 6

MVP Durant

pjjrfan
06-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm going for the Thunder and if they call it even they should win in 6. If not it will be the Heat in 5.

alucardthereaper
06-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Who cares

dbreiden83080
06-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Gonna be damn near impossible to win a game in OKC especially if the refs are gonna blow the whistle every time Durant gets touched..

OKC in 6 but rooting for the Heat.. I never want to see the team that beats the Spurs collect the chip..

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Thunder in 6. They have more depth and a much better coach. No way should a team led by Spoelstra should ever win a championship.

Spurs Brazil
06-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Thunder in 6

Legacy
06-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Don't care for either teams, tbh.

Norris Cole
06-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Since the Spurs got eliminated some Spurs fans have been such whiny pussies. If you truly believe the game is rigged, then don't watch. The idea that The Heat have a ref advantage over the Thunder is idiotic statement. The Thunder, primary a jump shooting team, have 3 players in the top 10 of FTA.

Norris Cole
06-10-2012, 12:54 PM
David Sterns answer: The fans. (what a load of bull)

My Answer: Who gives a crap; this crap is rigged anyway. I'm going to watch a real sport where I don't feel like my team is being cheated (the NFL).

At least when my favorite team loses in the NFL I feel like we just didn't perform. The NBA is SOOOOO dependent on how the refs call the game that it's getting hard to watch. Is it me, or is it literally the only team sport where the pace of the game is dictated by the refs and not the teams?

NBA is a failure, and should be stripped of any claim that it is a sport. NBA is nothing more than entertainment now. You've finally gotten your way Stern....the sad thing is that you're happy with the state of the NBA.

Just like our financial system, Stern has focused solely on the numbers/profits....so much to the extent that he no longer can relate to the working man. Who cares if you want to see the NBA as a sport, Stern has proven he can make more money by making it more entertaining. How do you make it more entertaining? You focus on stars, and cater to large markets and make sure the refs allow these stars to get away with breaking the rules.

I'm trying not to be so bitter, because if Spurs had won, I probably would not be saying this (and I recognize that in fairness), however the state of the NBA is poor....but sadly will not change anytime soon as long as Stern and the 1% are making money on it.

All you have to do is listen to the words that comes out of his mouth to realize he's out of touch. He describes the NBA with words like 'product' and 'entertainment'...as if we were never talking about a sport.

Then stop watching, either way nobody will give shit.

cd98
06-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Thunder have home court. But I still think Miami wins. Who can stop Lebron?

temujin
06-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Since the Spurs got eliminated some Spurs fans have been such whiny pussies. If you truly believe the game is rigged, then don't watch. The idea that The Heat have a ref advantage over the Thunder is idiotic statement. The Thunder, primary a jump shooting team, have 3 players in the top 10 of FTA.

A lot of us obviously won't watch that farce.

Is you truly believe that a billions dollars business is NOT managed, directed, organized, rigged if yoy want,
then you are going to be fucked real hard, not in sport, which means zero, in real life.
Good luck with that.

temujin
06-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Thunder have home court. But I still think Miami wins. Who can stop Lebron?

Bill Kennedy if he wants.
Only he will not want.

Xevious
06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Stern wins in 7.

MVP will be Joey Crawford.

ploto
06-10-2012, 05:06 PM
It will be tough for OKC to play 3 games in a row in Miami. They really need to win games 1 and 2 at home.

Norris Cole
06-10-2012, 05:41 PM
A lot of us obviously won't watch that farce.

Is you truly believe that a billions dollars business is NOT managed, directed, organized, rigged if yoy want,
then you are going to be fucked real hard, not in sport, which means zero, in real life.
Good luck with that.

This post is no way readable, therefore your opinion doesn't matter. If you won't watch, then don't watch. No need to cry like a bitch about it.

Budkin
06-10-2012, 06:07 PM
LeBron and Wade will get more whistles. Heat.

CGD
06-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Thunder in 6: Better balance; deeper squad; better coaching; ref advantage will be a wash with the two most coddled players going head to head. Only reason its not in 5 is because of the 2-3-2 format.

Beanzamillion21
06-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Thunder in 6. They have more depth and a much better coach. No way should a team led by Spoelstra should ever win a championship.

Spoelstra is a good, gritty coach. Never seems to overreact when times get tough. His players seem to like him a lot too.

scanry
06-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Spoelstra is a good, gritty coach. Never seems to overreact when times get tough. His players seem to like him a lot too.

You're kidding right. :lol His players don't even see him. They walk right through him. I'll say this, the Phillibeaner is gone even if the Heat ring this season.

Beanzamillion21
06-11-2012, 08:54 AM
You're kidding right. :lol His players don't even see him. They walk right through him. I'll say this, the Phillibeaner is gone even if the Heat ring this season.

No way. I think he is gone if the Heat don't repeat next season. Even then I think the Heat go on to win B2B championships this season and next.

PDXSpursFan
06-11-2012, 11:40 AM
If the Thunders keep playing like they did on the last 4 games, they will sweep Miami.

baseline bum
06-11-2012, 11:50 AM
This is a really tough series to pick a winner from, since Bosh proved he was close to 100% in game 7. I'll say Thunder in 7 because I think they'll have more players who will consistently show up. If Wade and James show up together like they did in game 7 though, OKC doesn't stand a chance.

ViceCity86
06-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm rooting for the Thunder.Something to be said about being built the right way like the Thunder,but I think Heat will win it,because of experience,Westbrook will meltdown and Lebron will outplay Durant.Heat are a much tougher,resilent team than last year.

Heat in 6

arial
06-11-2012, 01:01 PM
I'd say Thunder in 6 but if the officiating is shit which I expect it to be the Heat will win in 6/7. We all know the NBA is dying for Lebron to finally get his ring, I'd like to see him fail for a 3rd time even if OKC knocked us out.

Sean Cagney
06-11-2012, 02:38 PM

Not all of the fans are whiney and blame refs! I feel we just flat out lost the damn series from game 5 alone and that was at HOME! No reason to lose a 18 pt lead either by the end of the third before the bad calls. Spurs got beat by a better team. I am rooting for Miami in the finals BTW, not a huge Bron fan but think they will get this one over a team that beat us :ihit:ihit:lol

I feel the Thunder are too young and too inexperienced to get this one, they will get one later but the Heats time is now IMO.

Norris Cole
06-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Not all of the fans are whiney and blame refs! I feel we just flat out lost the damn series from game 5 alone and that was at HOME! No reason to lose a 18 pt lead either by the end of the third before the bad calls. Spurs got beat by a better team. I am rooting for Miami in the finals BTW, not a huge Bron fan but think they will get this one over a team that beat us :ihit:ihit:lol

I feel the Thunder are too young and too inexperienced to get this one, they will get one later but the Heats time is now IMO.
Yeah I said some fans because I realize not all feel this way. The refs had some really bad calls in game 6, I'll agree to that but it wasn't why the Spurs lost the series. Props to you :toast

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Thunder in 6, maybe 7 if LBJ from the ECFs shows up and some Heat role-players play like Ibaka-Perkins-Collison in game 4. However, I doubt that, so unless KD, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka shit the bed (which I highly doubt), Thunder in 6 (5 if they leave off where they did against us).

And tbh it shits me to tear that we are not facing the Heat since I think the Spurs are better than both of these teams. I still can't understand how we lost 4 straight, and I'm not going to give in to conspiracy bullshit. I think we just peaked a few games to early, and OKC were playing at their absolute best while we were a bit below ours, fuck it! :pctoss

PS But for their dismantling of the team I love, I actually like the Thunder and hope they destroy the Heat.

Mr Bones
06-12-2012, 02:45 AM
For all the conspiracy theorists: would someone explain exactly how David Stern supposedly fixes games? Does he call the refs an hour before the game and say, "OK, let's make sure so-and-so wins tonight?" And in all the years of doing this, not a single ref has come forward to talk about it? Why did he let an unpopular small market team like the Spurs win four times, especially one year in a sweep against the biggest emerging superstar of the NBA in Cleveland? Does Stern rig the playoffs some years, but then in other years take a vacation from cheating?

Beanzamillion21
06-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Does Stern rig the playoffs some years, but then in other years take a vacation from cheating?

I am sure some think he mixes it up. How else would the Mavs have won it last year? :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Am I really that much in the minority to think thunder in five or six?

BatManu20
06-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Thunder in 5. Miami doesn't know whats coming to them.

DesignatedT
06-12-2012, 01:26 PM
OKC in 6

PublicOption
06-12-2012, 03:42 PM

Believe me I will not watch this "jack each other off fest".

PublicOption
06-12-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.thumpernewman.com/rigged_nba.htm

TD 21
06-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Heat in six.

Young doesn't win in the NBA and neither does old; prime wins and the Heat's core is in their prime. They've been through virtually everything and it's their time.

Legacy
06-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Heat in six.

Young doesn't win in the NBA and neither does old; prime wins and the Heat's core is in their prime. They've been through virtually everything and it's their time.

Eh, fuck it.

GO LeBron GO!!

therealtruth
06-12-2012, 08:03 PM
I think the Thunder are a more dangerous team offensively. They will win in 5 or 6. They practically win or tie every matchup with exception of James and Wade. You've got Westbrook vs Chalmers which is a mismatch. You've got DWade but you've also got all-defense Sefalosha so Wade will work for every bucket. You have arguably the first and second best players in the NBA in Lebron and Durant. You've got Chris Bosh but you've got Iblocka with his all-nba defense and ability to goaltend with impunity. Haslem is a smaller and poor man's version of Kendrick Perkins. Also Harden > Battier and Collision > Turiaf/Anthony.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Thunder in 6, although they've strated horribly.

Slippy
06-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Ya not doing too well to start off but im going with the thunder to win the series in 7 games.

ViceCity86
06-12-2012, 11:45 PM
I picked the Heat,but Im rooting for the Thunder
Win win thread for me.

spurspokesman
06-13-2012, 12:02 PM
I couldnt care less tbh.

bus driver
06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
thunder.
i stole KD wallet last night and this is it
http://badmofowallets.com/wallets/tan1.JPG

Legacy
06-13-2012, 04:19 PM
I picked the Heat,but Im rooting for the Thunder
Win win thread for me.

:huh

tesseractive
06-13-2012, 04:24 PM
:huh

I did the same thing. I'd like to see the LeBron lose, but after he went medieval on the Celtics, I wasn't comfortable picking against him. So at this point, I can only be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

Legacy
06-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Eh, fuck it.

Fuck 'em all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p:

Red Adept
06-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Am I really that much in the minority to think thunder in five or six?

I'm thinking the Thunder in 5-6.

Hated to see them bounce the Spurs like that, but their last 5 games have been pretty consistent. They own the third quarter. They out-Spured the Spurs with their passing and outside shooting.

They showed it again in game 1.

SamoanTD
06-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Thunder in 5 honestly cant see the heat winning more than one game tbh I have sore feelings still about the thunder but look at these guys man game 1 was the game for Heat to steal and it didnt happen. Game 2 OKC will have no gitters like game 1 and will tear through the heat from the start to finish. If Heat don't win game 3 this series is a wrap ladies and gents. The ONLY reason I don't call a sweep on this series is because Lebron will go planet destroyer mode for one game.