PDA

View Full Version : Here's my analysis of the bad calls

Knoxxx
06-10-2012, 12:56 PM
11:29 Q3:
Perkins grabs Duncan Jersey on pick and roll, then puts two hands on the missed jumpshot or at least small shove with left hand. Exactly the type of ticky tack contact the refs called every time against OKC jump shooters.

9:05 Q3:
Perkins missed inside shot, knocks own rebound out, bald ref can’t make the call, out of position Kennedy says out on Spurs, looks like at least a jump ball to me. Spurs up 13 at this point still.

8:55 Q3:
Blocking Diaw for Ibaka and 1, eerily similar to the Manu/Durant charge call later in the game that went to the Thunder. Fuels a 10-2 Thunder run.

8:22 Q3:
Durant attacks a triple team, and appears to lose the ball on his own but whistle blows and it’s a shooting foul. Primary defender Leonard is set, well positioned, and has his hands up with no swipe at the ball. Splitter is a little out of position, but also just had his hands up and did not appear to make any contact. As usual, no replay on Durant shooting foul call to confirm/deny.

5:31 Q3:
Spurs still up 9. Manu drives and appears to be stripped from behind by Westbrook. Looks like a lot of contact arm to back but ref lets it slide while Manu is clearly disgusted. Slow motion replay reveals Perkins the one with the strip which was all the ref was looking at apparently.

5:05 Q3:
Infamous Leonard clubbing across the head loses offensive rebound. Durant dunk at the other end to cut it to 5.

4:30 Q3:
The infamous Jackson technical.

3:43 Q3:
Perkins clearly throws a hip into Jackson freeing up Durant for a drive and kick to Sefolosha for open corner 3. Neal inexplicably is deep in the paint trying to help on Durant.

3:00 Q3:
Offensive foul Jackson on the in bounds play. Harden is the man guarding him and he flops hard. Kerr even comments that his head snapped back like he ran into a wall. One could argue that Jackson pushed off, but why does Harden have an arm around Jackson’s body just before that?

1:40 Q3:
Another hip checking screen by Perkins while Durant actually steps away from it and nails a straight on 3 from a couple feet behind the line. Albert orgasms loudly as the OKC finally takes the lead. Replay shows an obvious jersey grab by Perkins on Jackson. Also triggers an Reggie Miller extended smaller orgasm about the emerging greatness of Durant.

:50 Q3:
Durant goes for the dunk and Duncan gets a lot of ball with minimal apparent contact, but its free throws for Durant. As usual, no replay of the Durant shooting foul.

9:59 Q4:
Durant baled out by foul call with 2 seconds on shot clock. Looks like a reach in foul by Jackson, but of course no replay. Jackson does not complain, but could you blame him at this point?

9:15 Q4:
OKC has just taken a 1-point lead on nice Harden drive and then Spurs take a TO to set up next possession. Fisher falls down trying to keep up with Parker and is out of position, runs into Duncan who is called for the offensive foul though he was set. Fisher actually knocks Duncan down.

9:05 Q4:
Durant shoots right in front of a perfectly positioned Leonard. Shot is short and appears Leonard got some ball, but no replay of course and Durant to the line. At worst Leonard hit Durant lightly on the hand on his follow through.

8:19 Q4
The Ginobili charge taking away the and 1. Durant is set, but he leans his hip and shoulder into Ginobili’s path and flops as Manu tries to cut across the lane rather than go straight to the basket. It’s most obvious on the aerial replay.

6:56 Q4:
Extremely late foul call on Westbrook midrange jumper. Finally a replay and its inconclusive, but once again the light hand contact on a jump shooter is called. This will be important late in the game.

5:52 Q4:
Leonard 3 taken away. Obvious flop by Harden. Legler later argues since Ginobili put his arms up that makes it a foul. Strange that is not a foul when Perkins does it on every screen. Instant replay does not do this play justice, the real time version is best to capture how little contact there actually was on this play. We would have been down one at this point.

4:52 Q4:
Despite the incredibly one-sided calls, Duncan takes Ibaka to school inside to cut it to 2 at 91-93. The subsequent Fisher 3 may be avoidable if Gary Neal is not way out of position cheating down into the lane again.

3:40 Q4:
Parker floater cuts it to 93-96. INCREDIBLE EFFORT SPURS GIVEN ALL THE STOLEN POINTS.

2:46 Q4:
The phantom foul call on Westbrook. He clangs the free throw, but the rebound bounces right to him. OKC does not convert, but the whole mess costs the Spurs over 20 valuable seconds.

1:15 Q4:
Parker driving layup cuts it to 4 at 99-103.

:45 Q4:
Jackson 3 pointer misses which could have cut it to one, Durant clearly hit his hand lightly on the follow through. That was a foul earlier for Durant and Westbrook, even contact not apparent on a replay, so why not now?

stxspurs
06-10-2012, 02:48 PM
i think its time to move on.....

DontStopBelieving
06-10-2012, 02:58 PM
:cry Thank you so much for your analysis. Such great, unbiased takes :cry

Knoxxx
06-10-2012, 03:13 PM
i think its time to move on.....

I agree, this is part of my catharsis.

:cry Thank you so much for your analysis. Such great, unbiased takes :cry

I thought the Perkins jersey grabs were nice additions. Is that legal? Also notice I avoided the obvious troll attractors, such as listing the Durant rip-through foul. Still quite a list.

OKC played dirty and got away with it, while all we needed were a few of those calls. I don't respect that style of play when it costs my team.

I felt the officiating in games 4-5 were also crap. Now I hear even Spurs fans think OKC was jobbed in game 5. I'll have to save both of those and go back and look later.

Bill_Brasky
06-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Yeah we know the refs fucked us over in the second half of game 6 it's all good. It's what happens when you spot people games.

spurs1990
06-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Just imagine the referee fuck fest due up next week.

Andthentherewas21
06-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Here's the thing, even if the Spurs overcame the officiating and took the series, (mind you its not like game 7 would have been called fairly either), your looking at the Spurs getting screwed on every call in the Finals against the Heat.

I would have love for the Spurs to get to the Finals, but it would have been just as hard if not worse, seeing the stuff that Lebron and Wade would be getting away with.