PDA

View Full Version : Sports aren't real anymore

MANUUU
06-10-2012, 01:39 PM
The NBA is rigged.
Boxing is clearly rigged from last night's Pacquiao fight.

Even Bradley himself said he lost, and the Mayweather family
themselves who hate Pacquiao thought Pacquiao won the fight.
It's all about the money, and sports isn't as fun to watch anymore.

Read this article that was posted ON NBA.com by Shaun Powell.
This is so sad to read, and just obvious what the NBA is doing.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/shaun_powell/06/08/a-call-for-heat-thunder/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I feel so sorry for Boston and the Spurs. They don't deserve this. This is sports. Not entertainment. But of course… it's allll aboutt the money.

"These playoffs are playing out perfectly. So far, anyway. Not only did the Thunder reach the Finals, they prevented the Spurs from doing so."

REALLY?!

DMC
06-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Chernobyl didn't last this long.

Knoxxx
06-10-2012, 02:26 PM
At least now the biased reffing should be over with, since the league won't be able to choose between Lebron and Durant.

Putting aside the Spurs being robbed, the OKC-Miami matchup does look like a good one. I'll go for Miami since we didn't get the short end of a screw job from them.

Had OKC won fairly, I would have been pulling for them. Instead I lost respect for them due to how they play.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2012, 04:56 PM
It's a shame the Spurs' fanbase is at or near the top of the list of most butthurt.

GrandeDavid
06-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Yes, the Spurs were robbed. They had their chance in Game 5, but regardless, Game 6 goes down as one of the most scandalous officiating jobs since the Kings v Lakers in '02.

LakerHater
06-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Even Bradley himself said he lost, and the Mayweather family
themselves who hate Pacquiao thought Pacquiao won the fight.

Thats not true!! :lol

MANUUU
06-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Thats not true!! :lol

I got into the ring after the fight, I went over to Bradley and said "You did very well." Bradley replied, "I tried hard, but I couldn't beat the guy. I thought I had lost."

"I thought Tim Bradley put up one helluva fight. But I didn't think he won the fight," Floyd Sr. told ESPN during a post-fight interview.

"I didn't score the fight. I can just tell you, I knew Pacquiao won. I felt he won the fight. I felt like there was a gap, where you could see who was winning," he added. -Floyd Sr.

http://www.examiner.com/article/pacquiao-vs-bradley-mayweather-s-father-says-manny-won-fight

http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/pacquiao-loses-title-upset-win-bradley-050603193.html

LakerHater
06-10-2012, 05:56 PM
^ thats jus what Bob Arum said. You cant believe Arum anymore after the way he handled the Mayweather/Paq deal!

Heres what Bradley said:

"I thought I won the fight," Bradley said. "I didn't think he was as good as everyone says he was. I didn't feel his power."

MANUUU
06-10-2012, 06:36 PM
hahah

The_Worlds_finest
06-10-2012, 07:36 PM
If I don't watch sports what am I going to d with 75% of my free time, be constructive? Geez

tediousj
06-10-2012, 08:36 PM
It's still real to ME damnit!!!!

BvTNyKIGXiI

Fabbs
06-10-2012, 08:40 PM
It's a shame the Spurs' fanbase is at or near the top of the list of most butthurt.
Humpy is enjoying his job as Kobe Durant and Westbrooks' fashion consultant. He has noo problem with the reffing.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Humpy is enjoying his job as Kobe Durant and Westbrooks' fashion consultant. He has noo problem with the reffing.You think it's fixed. Why do you bother watching?

Norris Cole
06-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Yes, the Spurs were robbed. They had their chance in Game 5, but regardless, Game 6 goes down as one of the most scandalous officiating jobs since the Kings v Lakers in '02.

:lmao Not even close

dbestpro
06-10-2012, 10:01 PM

It's a shame that some of those who have been here the longest are in the greatest state of denial. I guess some folks just can't handle the truth.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2012, 10:10 PM
It's a shame that some of those who have been here the longest are in the greatest state of denial. I guess some folks just can't handle the truth.You think it's fixed. Why do you bother watching?

Blake
06-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Clearly Stern wanted the Thunder in the finals over the Lakers and Mavericks as well.

dbestpro
06-10-2012, 10:30 PM
You think it's fixed. Why do you bother watching?

I stopped watching most of it, but it doesn't mean that I don't care. I started watching back in the ABA days and I have truly loved watching and playing the game of basketball, but am not too hip to the circus that it is now.

I just don't get the kind of logic that says if you think the government sucks you should just shutup and do what ever they tell you. That's what your saying when you say we don't have to watch the game if we don't like it. The game of basketball does not belong to the NBA or the players. It belongs to the fans and not every fan is a cow with a ring in its nose.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2012, 10:44 PM
I stopped watching most of it, but it doesn't mean that I don't care. I started watching back in the ABA days and I have truly loved watching and playing the game of basketball, but am not too hip to the circus that it is now.

I just don't get the kind of logic that says if you think the government sucks you should just shutup and do what ever they tell you. That's what your saying when you say we don't have to watch the game if we don't like it.That's not what I'm saying at all.

You're saying it's fixed, not that you just don't like it. that's completely different.

The game of basketball does not belong to the NBA or the players. It belongs to the fans and not every fan is a cow with a ring in its nose.Oh, the sheeple gambit.

Right, you're the one who knows exactly what's going on. You've got it all figured out. You're hip to the circus. So you're fine when the league fixes things for the Spurs -- or I guess they've never been helped and succeed in spite of the odds and the fix. Is that the consensus of the hip?

Kidd K
06-10-2012, 10:56 PM
:lmao Not even close

5 minute span:

13 FTAs for OKC, including 2 phantom fouls, 3 cheap brush fouls.

3 horrible turnover calls against SA, 2 of which were fouls against OKC, the other should've been a non call.

The most lopsided 5 minutes of officiating in the history of basketball. Even Lakers/Kings game 6 took an entire quarter to produce that level of whistles in LA's favor. It only took the refs 5 minutes in Spurs/thunder game 6.

Not worse? :rollin Same amount of lopsided bullshit calls in less than half the time.

DeadlyDynasty
06-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Holy hell there's STILL people sobbing over Game 6?:rollin

SA210
06-11-2012, 03:46 AM
5 minute span:

13 FTAs for OKC, including 2 phantom fouls, 3 cheap brush fouls.

3 horrible turnover calls against SA, 2 of which were fouls against OKC, the other should've been a non call.

The most lopsided 5 minutes of officiating in the history of basketball. Even Lakers/Kings game 6 took an entire quarter to produce that level of whistles in LA's favor. It only took the refs 5 minutes in Spurs/thunder game 6.

Not worse? :rollin Same amount of lopsided bullshit calls in less than half the time.

Sounds about right

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm glad someone did all the thinking for you, SA210.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 10:08 AM
That's not what I'm saying at all.

You're saying it's fixed, not that you just don't like it. that's completely different.

Oh, the sheeple gambit.

Right, you're the one who knows exactly what's going on. You've got it all figured out. You're hip to the circus. So you're fine when the league fixes things for the Spurs -- or I guess they've never been helped and succeed in spite of the odds and the fix. Is that the consensus of the hip?

Suddenly, the word sheeple is part of your vocabulary. :lmao

Your statement is equal to the rubbish regarding voting;

"If you don't vote, you have no right to say anything."

Black/white sheeple drivel.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm STILL butthurt over the way you humiliated me in the Popsucker thread, SA210.

:lmao

SA210
06-11-2012, 10:46 AM

Blake
06-11-2012, 11:14 AM

lol SA210

TJastal
06-11-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm hosting a party this weekend for all the sissy cucks or cucks in training (like myself) who secretly enjoyed watching the spurs get buttrammed by the refs. At my place. I'll supply the spirits and we can all sit and circle jerk to all our favorite moments. I especially love it when Kevin Durant does that little shoulder shake at the free throw line! See you all there!

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Poppers unite! :lmao

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Poppers unite! :lmaoAh, the latent homosexuals have started up the fan fiction again.

So if it's rigged, it doesn't matter what Pop did or ever does.

You whiners need to pick a lane -- for your excuses as well as your sexuality.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Ah, the latent homosexuals have started up the fan fiction again.

So if it's rigged, it doesn't matter what Pop did or ever does.

You whiners need to pick a lane -- for your excuses as well as your sexuality.

Or else?

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Or else?Or else you'll always be intellectually inconsistent and sexually confused.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Or else you'll always be intellectually inconsistent and sexually confused.

and this would bother you because?

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 03:23 PM
and this would bother you because?Either way is fine with me. It's just as easy to point out your illogical arguments and not-so-latent homosexuality as discussing any actual point you might end up with if you could actually ever put together an intellectually coherent argument.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Either way is fine with me. It's just as easy to point out your illogical arguments and not-so-latent homosexuality as discussing any actual point you might end up with if you could actually ever put together an intellectually coherent argument.

Too long. Didn't read.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Too long. Didn't read.

:lmaoYour homosexual fan fiction is much more verbose and detailed.

jjktkk
06-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm glad someone did all the thinking for you, SA210.

:lol:lol:lol

jjktkk
06-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Its not homosexual sex, when your a prison guard. Its just hard times in a hard place.

BC3
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
NBA = WWE

at least the WWE admits its all an act.

Arcadian
06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I actually don't believe the conspiracy theories... Occam's razor says people make mistakes. Bad ones. But that's still a lot simpler than to say there is a conspiracy and winners are being pre-selected. Is there any direct evidence of this? (Interpretations of bad calls are merely indirect evidence.)

BC3
06-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I actually don't believe the conspiracy theories... Occam's razor says people make mistakes. Bad ones. But that's still a lot simpler than to say there is a conspiracy and winners are being pre-selected. Is there any direct evidence of this? (Interpretations of bad calls are merely indirect evidence.)

its a business. people go through complex situations for profit. happens all the time.

BC3
06-11-2012, 09:52 PM
business, profit, buyers, consumers, company, control, revenue, viewers, supply and demand, star power, brand names, narrative, script, story etc. etc.

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Ah, the latent homosexuals

http://i.ehow.co.uk/images/a02/65/m2/signal-technical-foul-basketball-1.2-800X800.jpg

Blake
06-12-2012, 08:53 AM
business, profit, buyers, consumers, company, control, revenue, viewers, supply and demand, star power, brand names, narrative, script, story etc. etc.

lol script

Ginobilly
06-12-2012, 01:01 PM
lol script

There's no script per say like in the WWE, but you could clearly tell the officiating was bullshit in game 6. It seemed like every call went against the Spurs. Offensive foul, turn over, flop, like 2 3 point plays were taken away; which was bullshit. It felt a lot like the kings-lakers 02 series. It was just unbelievable of how we lost our lead. It felt like wrestling. They let okc start to hulk up and play physical(they handcuffed us), then stern hits the spurs with a steel chair to the head. And OKC goes for the count.

Blake
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Lol handcuffed