PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Spiderman

Reck
06-10-2012, 04:00 PM
1eToLpPe4o0

Who's going to watch this lame attempt of a movie?

Corny stupid jokes, bad acting, wrong cast, this movie has it all.

Are you going to be donating 12 bucks to the good people at Hollywood or not?

Jt.ONE
06-10-2012, 05:44 PM
looks stupid as hell, wouldnt even bother wasting my time nor bandwidth to download it either :lol

jeebus
06-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Fuck no.

Reck
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
my favorite superhero ruined again and again and again

Spidey is my fave too.

That nerd Tobey Maguire pulled it off for 2 spiderman movies.

The third one was so emo it was unbearable.

Thompson
06-10-2012, 07:04 PM
I'll probably see it eventually. And I thought the 'small knives' thing was kind of funny - though it would be funnier if the guy then stabbed him 10 times and the credits rolled.

Spider-Man 3 was a debacle for so many reasons, but the 10-minute-let's-see-how-long-these-idiots-will-watch-emo-Parker-walk-around was ridiculous. That and the fact that I waited for years to see Venom on screen, and he was toast in 5 minutes.

The actor they have playing the villain in the new one is pretty good at least.

blkroadrunners
06-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I'll still see it.

Cane
06-10-2012, 09:01 PM
I thought the movie looked like dogshit months ago but the newer trailers make the revamped Spidey film look halfway decent, and Spiderman needed to be restarted after Tobey and Co. fucked it up.

I'm a fan of the web blasters and Lizardman as the enemy. Also like that Spiderman is more of a trashtalker too....

Expectations are low but looks like fun entertainment. Hopefully movie companies have learned how not to fuck up iconic franchises, especially after seeing the amount of :greedy that The Avengers and The Dark Knight made :wow

Blake
06-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Haven't seen anything yet that would entice me to blow cash on it at the theater.

Technique
06-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Looks horrible. Garfield is for lack of a better word, a faggot.

Tobey was a good Spider-Man, to this day Spider-Man 1 is my favorite comic book movie aside from the Batman movies, those are on another level.

Kai
06-11-2012, 12:08 AM
I'll see it. Special effects will be good enough to spend some cash on, not matter how disappointing everything else is, a la Prometheus. I always catch all the mainstream super hero flicks anyways. As long as its not catwoman/Ghost Rider/Punisher/Electra tier, I'll probably drop some change on it before it hits DVD.

Avante
06-11-2012, 08:42 AM
I have yet to see any of the Spiderman flicks. When it comes to superhero's he ranks way down there in my book.

Back in the day Marvel and DC joined forces to give us a comic featuring Spiderman and Superman. Why?

CubanSucks
06-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Take the Spiderman franchise which already had 2 very successful movies in it 10 and 8 years ago and add a Dark Knight brooding feel to it...can it get more fucking lame

it's seriously as if they tried remaking the last 2 Batman movies but with Spiderman. There's no way I would've thought this looks good. Why doesn't some director just go ahead and make a new Lord of the Rings trilogy? I mean it has already been 9 years

z0sa
06-11-2012, 03:07 PM
More Spiderman?? ...They had multiple hugely successful and popular Spiderman releases in the past decade. Hollywood trololololing the world all the way to the bank nowadays.

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Looks OK to me. I'll see it for sure.

Huey Freeman
06-11-2012, 07:10 PM
More Spiderman?? ...They had multiple hugely successful and popular Spiderman releases in the past decade. Hollywood trololololing the world all the way to the bank nowadays.

Ill go see it tbh. That being said, I agree with pretty much all you said.

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Im a sucker for most comic book movies

Huey Freeman
06-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Im a sucker for most comic book movies

This

With the exception of "The Green Lateran" and "The Green Hornet".

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 07:21 PM
I didn't mind green hornet too much. Lantern was terrible.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Serious question: Do you guys like these cartoon/superhero character movies?
I am referring to the Spiderman,Batman,Lantern, etc... comic book characters...

If so, why?

I don't understand the appeal myself but I am curious as to why they are popular and if you do appreciate them-I would like to know why so I can understand it.

I am assuming most in here are adults so I am baffled as to why an adult would like a childrens movie. Or if you don't consider them a child's movie-please explain.

Thanks.

CubanSucks
06-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Serious question: Do you guys like these cartoon/superhero character movies?
I am referring to the Spiderman,Batman,Lantern, etc... comic book characters...

If so, why?

I don't understand the appeal myself but I am curious as to why they are popular and if you do appreciate them-I would like to know why so I can understand it.

I am assuming most in here are adults so I am baffled as to why an adult would like a childrens movie. Or if you don't consider them a child's movie-please explain.

Thanks.

Why don't you explain why you think they're children's movies?

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Why don't you explain why you think they're children's movies?

Well, I hope you did not take it as an insult-but as a child- these were characters that were based from comic books and tv shows- and they were pretty cool to a young child.

In my mind they are still childhood characters and it seems like something that would be cool for children. I am having trouble understanding why adults like these movies-if in fact they do.

lefty
06-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Spidey is my fave too.

That nerd Tobey Maguire pulled it off for 2 spiderman movies.

The third one was so emo it was unbearable.

I agree on everything :tu

Reck
06-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Well, I hope you did not take it as an insult-but as a child- these were characters that were based from comic books and tv shows- and they were pretty cool to a young child.

In my mind they are still childhood characters and it seems like something that would be cool for children. I am having trouble understanding why adults like these movies-if in fact they do.

This post makes you look really stupid right now.

Avante
06-11-2012, 09:31 PM

They aren't all that cool to a young child, they are very cool to a mature intelligent adult. It's real obvious you don't get it.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 09:43 PM
This post makes you look really stupid right now.

ok. unless you are trolling please explain why.

I was being serious.

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Have you seen any of the recent Batman movies? You think thats a kid movie? Have you seen The Watchman? You think thats a kid movie? Most modern comic book movies are straight up action movies. You really need an explanation as to why people like them?

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 09:46 PM
They aren't all that cool to a young child, they are very cool to a mature intelligent adult. It's real obvious you don't get it.

Well, I really don't that is why I asked a serious question and no-one has bothered to explain-but a few decided it would be better to throw insults.

By child I meant- 12 to 16 year old kids/teens/young people...again...it was not meant as an insult as I considered intelligent kids to really like these characters and tv shows...
I guess no one can understand the question.

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Also, who cares if something is a "kid movie" if its good. Pretty much every Pixar or Dreamworks movie is marked to kids, and pretty much all of them have some of the best character development around. Up was a kids movie and was absolutely awesome.

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Well, I really don't that is why I asked a serious question and no-one has bothered to explain-but a few decided it would be better to throw insults.

By child I meant- 12 to 16 year old kids/teens/young people...again...it was not meant as an insult as I considered intelligent kids to really like these characters and tv shows...

Sure, its not that you asked a stupid question. Its that no one can understand it. Thats it.

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Gee guys, why did everyone like that kids movie The Dark Knight?!?!?!?!

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Have you seen any of the recent Batman movies? You think thats a kid movie? Have you seen The Watchman? You think thats a kid movie? Most modern comic book movies are straight up action movies. You really need an explanation as to why people like them?

Yes, I thought Batman was decent-but I felt the same way as when I watch an animated movie;

Although they can be clever, well done and sometimes entertaining-I just never really get past that feeling that I am watching a cartoon.

I guess it is an adult cartoon-but a cartoon nonetheless.

I understand some are really,really well done but I am still baffled by how popular they are and I was under the impression that it was kids (pre-teens & teens) who were making them popular but lately it appears that it is also the adults that are really into them too.

Hope that explains it better.

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Just some idea on how only kids like these kids movies

Rotten Tomatoes ratings

TDK - 94%
Batman Begins - 85%
The Avengers - 93%
Iron Man - 94%
Thor - 77%
Captain America - 79%
Xmen First Class - 87%

I know there are also bad comic book movies, but I'd bet that compared to your average action movie you've got a hell of a lot better chance to see a good comic book movie.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Sure, its not that you asked a stupid question. Its that no one can understand it. Thats it.

Well I tried to explain it and I guess I am not in the mood to return insults so just forget it.

Don't need to understand it anyway.

CuckingFunt
06-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Although they can be clever, well done and sometimes entertaining-I just never really get past that feeling that I am watching a cartoon.

Well, there you go. You have a complex and can't get over it. It's about you, not about the movies or their subject matter.

Question answered.

MannyIsGod
Yes, I thought Batman was decent-but I felt the same way as when I watch an animated movie;

I guess it is an adult cartoon-but a cartoon nonetheless.

I understand some are really,really well done but I am still baffled by how popular they are and I was under the impression that it was kids (pre-teens & teens) who were making them popular but lately it appears that it is also the adults that are really into them too.

Hope that explains it better.

So you thought you were watching a cartoon when you were watching The Dark Knight? I missed the animation (not that I would have cared - some of the best movies out there are animated) and most cartoons don't have psycopaths slaming people onto pencils.

I can't tell you what to feel about a movie and its your opinion so make it what you will but you're going to have a lot of people giving you shit when you say things like Batman was like an adult cartoon.

silverblk mystix
Just some idea on how only kids like these kids movies

Rotten Tomatoes ratings

TDK - 94%
Batman Begins - 85%
The Avengers - 93%
Iron Man - 94%
Thor - 77%
Captain America - 79%
Xmen First Class - 87%

I know there are also bad comic book movies, but I'd bet that compared to your average action movie you've got a hell of a lot better chance to see a good comic book movie.

Wasn't disputing the quality, wasn't insulting the movies or the watchers of these movies-just was trying to understand why adults in particular gravitate to these movies.

I agree with all your comments and I like some of these movies myself.

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Well I tried to explain it and I guess I am not in the mood to return insults so just forget it.

Don't need to understand it anyway.

:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed :depressed

Hope you don't slit your wrists later. Poor you! Calling people children because they like action movies and then you getting butt hurt over it.

Avante
06-11-2012, 09:57 PM

Conan came from pulp fiction. Thor is from mythology. Samson is Biblical. The Tolkien stories were pulp fiction. Hercules was mythology. Sinbad is mythology. John Carter on Mars from pulp fiction. Those heroes/stories are little different than what we see coming from the comic book world. Key words...fantastic fiction. This has nothing to do with "comic books". There is nothing "comic" about The Hulk, Superman etc.

I was reading Greek mythology as a kid, it is far more interesting as an adult, as is The Hulk, Superman etc.

I read the John Carter on Mars saga (11 books) in high school. Been thinking about reading it again as an adult. I have no doubts I'll get into it more now.

I have never seen The Hulk, Spiderman, Batman as something for kids. Archie is for kids.

CuckingFunt
06-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Wasn't disputing the quality, wasn't insulting the movies or the watchers of these movies-just was trying to understand why adults in particular gravitate to these movies.

You're an adult, right?

And you, as an adult, agree/recognize that some of the comic book movies are well made, right?

But you are somehow mystified by the fact other adults like them?

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 09:58 PM

So you agree that they are well made quality movies and you cant understand why adults gravitate to them?

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Well, there you go. You have a complex and can't get over it. It's about you, not about the movies or their subject matter.

Question answered.

Again, somehow what I am saying or how I described the movies was taken as an insult and it wasn't intended to be insulting.

If I say The Dark Knight was a cartoon or an adult cartoon I don't know why that sounds like an insult.

There is a guy wearing a suit just like in the cartoon/comic books and that is why it is a cartoon character---not because it was done poorly or because a cartoon is a bad thing---just because this character originated from a cartoon.

Don't know if that makes sense.

JoeChalupa
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I'll be checking it out.

CuckingFunt
06-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Again, somehow what I am saying or how I described the movies was taken as an insult and it wasn't intended to be insulting.

If I say The Dark Knight was a cartoon or an adult cartoon I don't know why that sounds like an insult.

There is a guy wearing a suit just like in the cartoon/comic books and that is why it is a cartoon character---not because it was done poorly or because a cartoon is a bad thing---just because this character originated from a cartoon.

Don't know if that makes sense.

I don't think you were being insulting. I just think that your issues with comic book movies are exactly that: your issues.

You've stated since asking your question initially that you have enjoyed some of the movies and can appreciate their quality as films, but that you can't get over the nagging feeling that they're not aimed at adults. Hangup seems to be your own expectations of what things are supposed to be or who they're supposed to be for.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 10:03 PM
You're an adult, right?

And you, as an adult, agree/recognize that some of the comic book movies are well made, right?

But you are somehow mystified by the fact other adults like them?

I was just trying to understand the phenomenon not trying to say they were not any good.

Just trying to grasp why they are so popular.

I like them but somehow can't bring myself to take them as seriously as a movie without outlandish cartoon characters and plots if that makes any sense.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't think you were being insulting. I just think that your issues with comic book movies are exactly that: your issues.

You've stated since asking your question initially that you have enjoyed some of the movies and can appreciate their quality as films, but that you can't get over the nagging feeling that they're not aimed at adults. Hangup seems to be your own expectations of what things are supposed to be or who they're supposed to be for.

It could be as simple as that,thanks.

Just wanted to know other viewers feelings on their experiences when they watch these films.

Thanks again.

MannyIsGod
06-11-2012, 10:05 PM
:lol

They are popular because they are GOOD action movies!

CubanSucks
06-11-2012, 10:20 PM

but...cartoons...kids movies...why?...

:lmao There's no way sm isn't trolling right now. If not then he's retarded on a Simple Jack kind of level

http://s3.socialvixen.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/Simple-Jack-Tropic-Thunder.jpg

100%duncan
06-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Looks OK to me. I'll see it for sure.

silverblk mystix
06-11-2012, 11:43 PM

I was not disputing if they were good or not. I agree they are good movies.

My question is why do adults like them so much. I like them but I wouldn't watch one of these ahead of a human drama, a love story,etc...

I might watch one of these cartoon-based movies if it is on cable or on redbox and there is nothing else to watch.

Somehow, because I say this-people get offended.

Funt already shed some light so no need for more insults.

CubanSucks
06-12-2012, 12:39 AM
I was not disputing if they were good or not. I agree they are good movies.

My question is why do adults like them so much. I like them but I wouldn't watch one of these ahead of a human drama, a love story,etc...

I might watch one of these cartoon-based movies if it is on cable or on redbox and there is nothing else to watch.

Somehow, because I say this-people get offended.

Funt already shed some light so no need for more insults.

:lmao No one's offended! We're amazed at how stupid you're being

silverblk mystix
06-12-2012, 01:04 AM
:lmao No one's offended! We're amazed at how stupid you're being

Ok.
Not understanding what's the big deal about superhero movies makes someone stupid.

Ok.

CubanSucks
06-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Ok.
Not understanding what's the big deal about superhero movies makes someone stupid.

Ok.

Because they're very entertaining and suspenseful?... Pretty sure everyone, including you, has already said this. You sound like a 5 yr old who says "why?" to everything.

I could say: why are boobs good? why are friends good? why are sunsets good? why are fast cars good? why is romance good? why are guns good?

How the hell would you answer those?

Reck
06-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Hey mystix, remember when I said your comment made you look stupid? Well now you know why.

1 and a half pages and you still have yet to grasp why people like these type of movies. Not even worth the effort at this point. Let it go.

Avante
06-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Ok.

Ok.

It's actually a mood thing. It's when you want it bigger than life, loud with a ton of action. Reality is a non factor, it's just beat me to death with visual/audio dynamics. A couple hours of .."wow!" Fuck the plot, fuck the acting, it's all about the ZAP! POW! BOOM!!!!!!!!!! You come away dazed.

Reck
06-12-2012, 02:11 AM
It's actually a mood thing. It's when you want it bigger than life, loud with a ton of action. Reality is a non factor, it's just beat me to death with visual/audio dynamics. A couple hours of .."wow!" Fuck the plot, fuck the acting, it's all about the ZAP! POW! BOOM!!!!!!!!!! You come away dazed.

Actually, you're wrong.

At least to me personally, I like a movie with substance.

One of the main reasons why I'm not in a hurry to see the Avengers. That movie is just your typical beat 'em up type action flick. The plot its not really the selling point of that movie.

Spiderman 1-2 had a good story and the cast was up to snuff. Tobey was great, Kristen was good and James Franco was solid.

The Nolan Batman movies, well dont even get me started, its all that I've said above plus more.

When I buy a movie, it has to be worth my time or else I wont add to my collection.

Last movie I went to see for the fun of it was Avatar.

Trainwreck2100
06-12-2012, 02:43 AM
This movie's probably gonna suck, sony had to make it or lose the rights back to Marvel

Avante
06-12-2012, 02:52 AM
Actually, you're wrong.

One of the main reasons why I'm not in a hurry to see the Avengers. That movie is just your typical beat 'em up type action flick. The plot its not really the selling point of that movie.

Spiderman 1-2 had a good story and the cast was up to snuff. Tobey was great, Kristen was good and James Franco was solid.

The Nolan Batman movies, well dont even get me started, its all that I've said above plus more.

When I buy a movie, it has to be worth my time or else I wont add to my collection.

I don't go to see Superhero movies looking for plot. You might, I don't. I want my senses stimulated. There are tons of movies if I want plot/depth. The Hulk isn't one of them, there it's all about...wow!!!!!!!

I doubt few movie goers are looking for depth of character when it's The Fantastic Four, Batman etc. You are there to be stunned, you want action. Complexity of plot...nay!

CubanSucks
06-12-2012, 03:15 AM
I don't go to see Superhero movies looking for plot. You might, I don't. I want my senses stimulated. There are tons of movies if I want plot/depth. The Hulk isn't one of them, there it's all about...wow!!!!!!!

I doubt few movie goers are looking for depth of character when it's The Fantastic Four, Batman etc. You are there to be stunned, you want action. Complexity of plot...nay!

But it's still a plus to have some depth. Which is why the Nolan Batman's are the greatest

Avante
06-12-2012, 03:25 AM
But it's still a plus to have some depth. Which is why the Nolan Batman's are the greatest

I agree. But I don't go to Superhero movies looking for Oscar winning anythings.

If she has left me I want some old country music to slobber in my beer with not heavy metal. Mood.

Why?
06-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Because they're very entertaining and suspenseful?... Pretty sure everyone, including you, has already said this. You sound like a 5 yr old who says "why?" to everything.

I could say: why are boobs good? why are friends good? why are sunsets good? why are fast cars good? why is romance good? why are guns good?

How the hell would you answer those?

Why indeed.

redzero
06-12-2012, 08:31 AM
This movie's probably gonna suck, sony had to make it or lose the rights back to Marvel

That didn't stop First Class from being good, though.

silverblk mystix
06-12-2012, 09:28 AM

Well, see this is pretty much why I have trouble understanding the big attraction.

What you just described-is something that I might be in the mood for twice a year--if that.

Therefore I am baffled as to why people seem to want this so often as it also seems that these superhero movies are always showing.

If I invest two hours of my time it is usually something a little more fulfilling.

I do think these movies can be great entertainment--I just don't need all that stimulation anymore from a film. (all that ZAP! POW! BOOM!)

Avante-with a real answer. Thanks.

silverblk mystix
06-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Actually, you're wrong.

Another good point.

There is a difference -some superhero movies are lighter than others.

Leetonidas
06-12-2012, 09:38 AM
tbh I think people make waaaay to big of a deal about emo Parker in Spiderman 3, it was a joke and he wasn't even in there that long, and even still, he kept his pimp hand strong and finally bitch slapped Mary Jane and he probably fucked Gwen Staci and she was hot as fuck in part 3. It wasn't better than the first two but still a good movie imo. Two is the best I think but it's hard to pick, the first two are the shit. restarting a successful series from the beginning with horrible casting is just retarded

redzero
06-12-2012, 09:59 AM
It was a great movie if one likes stupid actions by the characters, Tobey Maguire making laughable faces, and James Franco not even attempting to act.

johnsmith
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
If I invest two hours of my time it is usually something a little more fulfilling.

:lmao Says the guy on the message board.

MannyIsGod
06-12-2012, 10:18 AM
SBM is sooooooooo deep

johnsmith
06-12-2012, 10:20 AM
SBM is sooooooooo deep

Clearly.

Monostradamus
06-12-2012, 10:20 AM
imho,

first one was meh
second one is probably my #2 favorite comic book movie behind TDK.
third one was literally the worst movie i've ever seen

johnsmith
06-12-2012, 10:22 AM

idk, my wife just made me watch "The Vow"......that tops my list.

redzero
06-12-2012, 10:23 AM

That's stretching it. It was bad, but not that bad.

silverblk mystix
06-12-2012, 10:23 AM
:lmao Says the guy on the message board.

Good point- unintentional- but good point. I actually prefer coming in here to one of these movies if given the choice.

CuckingFunt
06-12-2012, 10:25 AM

No, the characters are.

Don't know if I'd call The Avengers beat 'em up action wholly lacking in substance, incidentally. There are of course bits of that, as there are in any superhero/action movie (even the dark ones), but the movie's definitely got a brain.

silverblk mystix
06-12-2012, 10:28 AM
SBM is sooooooooo deep

Given your history and my history here- I understand you got an axe to grind. Probably why I am not responding to your insults.

I understand you see the messenger before the message but for me it is time to move away from that. You can do as you wish. Gets tiring. I don't hold grudges and usually can carry on without residue.

Most people see a posters name, get a few little bits of info on him and for the next several years - this is what they hang on to. Kinda like shooting at a moving target and the target moved years ago.

MannyIsGod
06-12-2012, 10:30 AM
You just responded

silverblk mystix
06-12-2012, 10:31 AM
You just responded

Ok, responded - with an insult. That is what I meant.

It is not a contest. Just telling you some truth.

Lighten up already. Gets boring.

MannyIsGod
06-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Its definitely about me here and my need to lighten up and not your douchey comments in this thread.

silverblk mystix
06-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Its definitely about me here and my need to lighten up and not your douchey comments in this thread.

I asked a serious question. You felt that calling a type of movie a cartoon based movie was an insult. I didn't intend it as an insult. I don't see cartoon as being a bad thing. To you it is douchey.
Again. Unintended.

Like I said before-I won't blame you if you feel you have an axe to grind.

Monostradamus
06-12-2012, 10:54 AM
That's stretching it. It was bad, but not that bad.

The screenplay and the acting is about as bad as it gets. If you took away the giant special effects budget and it had to be made on the cheap, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Spiderman 3 or any of those SyFy Channel "Giant Lava Mongoose Vs. Killer Mutant Cobra" movies.

Monostradamus
06-12-2012, 10:57 AM
And as horrible as Emo Spiderman and Topher Grace forever ruining my favorite comic book villain was, the worst moment of that movie was Sandman's ending. "I'm not a bad person!" that had to be the single gayest thing about the movie.

MannyIsGod
06-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Dancing Spiderman is an all time low in comic book movies.

leemajors
06-12-2012, 11:15 AM
That's stretching it. It was bad, but not Crow: City of Angels.

cantthinkofanything
06-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Dancing Spiderman is an all time low in comic book movies.

I disagree. A superhero that's willing to show his more human side. Dancing superheros are cool. Case in point:

MgslUro5Mlk

Blake
06-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Avante-with a real answer. Thanks.

Rofl.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2012, 02:43 PM
tbh I think people make waaaay to big of a deal about emo Parker in Spiderman 3, it was a joke and he wasn't even in there that long, and even still, he kept his pimp hand strong and finally bitch slapped Mary Jane and he probably fucked Gwen Staci and she was hot as fuck in part 3. It wasn't better than the first two but still a good movie imo.3 was a missed opportunity that spent too much time on k d lang and not enough on Venom, who needed much more screen time killing the shit out of things. The Sandman story actually wasn't too bad, though convoluted to shoehorn into the time allotted in one movie. Would have been nice to have worked his origin story into an earlier movie but I'm not sure if they had the idea of his involvement in Charly's death when they were made.

Reck
06-12-2012, 02:45 PM

This man gets it.

The only reason why I liked the first two Spiderman movies and the Nolan ones was because those movies had something to hold on to. There was more to it than your typical action movie.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2012, 02:47 PM
And lol @ silverblk mystix trying to take the high road after months of nonstop homo smack.

silverblk mystix
06-12-2012, 03:31 PM
And lol @ silverblk mystix trying to take the high road after months of nonstop homo smack.

Let it go chump, let it go.

Gets tiring and repetetive and boring.

johnsmith
06-12-2012, 03:46 PM

Gets tiring and repetetive and boring.

I think it's funny when you spell repetetive with too many "e's".

johnsmith
06-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Almost looks rudundunt

BacktoBasics
06-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Almost looks rudunduntYou also missed the extra use of the word "and" that really drove the point home.

MannyIsGod
06-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Almost looks rudundunt

You also missed the extra use of the word "and" that really drove the point home.

let let it go guys.

monosylab1k
07-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Hipster Spiderman >Emo Spiderman.

The movie is okay. Not great. If i was gonna give it the old >>>> comparison, then...

Spiderman 2 >>>>>>> Spiderman 1 > Amazing Spiderman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>about a billion more of these>>>>>>>Spiderman 3

Jacob1983
07-03-2012, 04:42 AM
Why all the hate? Saw the movie tonight and it was good and entertaining. A lot better than the cry baby fake abs Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies. Emma Stone was cute too and her character in the movie apparently does not own pants, just skirts and dresses.

ChumpDumper
07-03-2012, 10:43 AM

Gets tiring and repetetive and boring.It's not like a wrote a screenplay.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey mono just for fun

Spiderman 3 or Batman and Robin?

ChumpDumper
07-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Hey mono just for fun

Spiderman 3 or Batman and Robin?Oh man, we're talking about the absolute nadir of the genre with Nipples and Codpieces.

Spurminator
07-03-2012, 01:41 PM
I honestly didn't think much of Spiderman or Spiderman 2... Never even saw the third one.

Monostradamus
07-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Hey mono just for fun

Spiderman 3 or Batman and Robin?

I might be swayed into saying I hate Batman and Robin more, but then I remember Topher Grace as Venom.

Also, I think Batman and Robin had mostly intentional cheesiness with it's villains, while Spiderman 3 took Sandman and Venom very seriously which made it all even more excruciating.

Monostradamus
07-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Why all the hate? Saw the movie tonight and it was good and entertaining. A lot better than the cry baby fake abs Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies. Emma Stone was cute too and her character in the movie apparently does not own pants, just skirts and dresses.

lol did you watch the movie or were you too zoned out on Xanax to notice what was going on? This guy cried even more than Tobey Maguire. Hipster Spiderman was actually alot more emo than Emo Spiderman.

tbh the one thing that I like was this guy's performance as Spiderman. I didn't like him as Peter Parker, but you could see more personality come through when he was in the Spiderman costume. On the flip side, I think Tobey Maguire was much better as Peter Parker but less believable when he became Spiderman.

stretch
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
tbh the one thing that I like was this guy's performance as Spiderman. I didn't like him as Peter Parker, but you could see more personality come through when he was in the Spiderman costume. On the flip side, I think Tobey Maguire was much better as Peter Parker but less believable when he became Spiderman.

this

movie was alright, i was entertained, but there were definitely its fair share of flaws.

i absolutely despised the music though. it was constantly some sort of majestic, conquering theme all through the movie. the music alone, made the movie considerably less appealing than it could have been, IMO.

redzero
07-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Did The Lizard get his master plan from Loki? What's with the villain putting the evil science device on top of a tower?

The editing was poo, too many night scenes, and Gwen should have died. Also, nobody gives a shit about what happened to Peter's parents.

And The Lizard's face was goofy looking. Too human.

Jacob1983
07-03-2012, 10:13 PM
No Xanax or any other pills were taken when I watched Spidey but I don't expect any of you to believe me or give a shit so it doesn't matter either way. Getting back to Spidey, I don't care what the haters say. I liked it. It was entertaining. It's not the best movie ever but it did its job. The Facebook guy was more likeable as Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire was.

If you go into the theater expecting an Oscar winning masterpiece, then you're a dumbass and should be bitch slapped by Spiderman himself.

Why do people hate Spiderman so much? He's a cool superhero.

redzero
07-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Who was bashing Spider-Man?

DPG21920
07-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Catwoman.

IronMexican
07-04-2012, 10:47 AM
This movie was kind of boring tbh. I also thought this movie was out for longer than 4-5 days and the theater wouldn't be fucking packed.

redzero
07-04-2012, 12:58 PM
The movie handled Peter's relationship with Uncle Ben better, but Ben's death was worse.

The crane part was unbelievably cheesy.

I really don't think The Lizard's master plan was all that bad. I could think of worse things than becoming a lizard person.

DPG21920
07-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Did you like it,Rz

redzero
07-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I thought it was okay. One reviewer called it uninspiring, which I kind of agree with. From an artistic/creative standpoint, it doesn't need to exist.

DPG21920
07-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Cool, thanks. If I am going to watch something pointless essentially, Id rather be laughing so I think I will go with TED.

DMC
07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Spidey was my favorite as a kid, but he's not the Dark Knight as far as being an adult thriller. There's just so much you can do with a guy who pulls a stocking over his face and shoots webbing from his wrists.

Superman still stomps the shit out of everyone. Still waiting for a less viewer friendly version of him.

DPG21920
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Superman's should be the easiest to make awesome but they can't do it. All you have to do is make it darker and you've got a hit.

Reck
07-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Superman's should be the easiest to make awesome but they can't do it. All you have to do is make it darker and you've got a hit.

Darker in what way?

DPG21920
07-04-2012, 03:08 PM
As in him not being such a dorky nice guy all of the time (even when he is Superman v Kent). More the tone of The Dark Knight instead of ultra comic-booky

ace3g
07-04-2012, 03:10 PM
well luckily Nolan is supervising the new Superman movie - Man of Steel. He is basically executive producer, etc on the film.

DPG21920
07-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Just make him more aggressive.

redzero
07-04-2012, 03:13 PM
This movie could have been better if it had fewer night scenes and scenes of Spider-Man fleeing from the cops.

I don't know if Snyder's darker Superman movie will benefit from the change in tone.

DPG21920
07-04-2012, 03:18 PM
all i know is it's never good leaving a superman movie thinking you could cuckold him.

rr2418
07-04-2012, 09:28 PM
SPOILER ALERT

What do you all think of the Green Goblin appearing in the post credit scene?

redzero
07-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I think it was not good.

DMC
07-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Superman directors have always tried to honor the original idea, but it's cheesy and hard to give any of the characters any depth at all.

Another issue with it is that there's never suspense for the audience wondering if Superman will make it this time. He's fucking invincible except when around Kryptonite. I thought Smallville did it as much justice as any I've seen, and the last movie was a turd tbh.

I could imagine it being as dark as, say, "Interview With a Vampire".

Not sure how that could be done without morphing it into another person other than Superman.

Hancock was a decent attempt at something along those lines, it just got a tad cheesy as well.

Spurs da champs
07-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Eh this movie left me wanting more, the lack of explanation on his parents really pissed me off & also this new Spiderman had the voice of a video game Spiderman which was kind of annoying. It wasn't that bad tho.

blkroadrunners
07-05-2012, 02:38 AM
The movie handled Peter's relationship with Uncle Ben better, but Ben's death was worse.

The crane part was unbelievably cheesy.

I really don't think The Lizard's master plan was all that bad. I could think of worse things than becoming a lizard person.

Yea, I didn't understand that part. I guess the director wanted the citizens to show ownership as well.

Mister Sinister
07-05-2012, 07:00 AM
SPOILER ALERT

What do you all think of the Green Goblin appearing in the post credit scene?
I loved it. Michael Massee's performance, short as it was, gave me chills and left me feeling that kind of unsettled where I wasn't sure if I needed a shower or not. I'm incredibly excited to see him in full in a sequel.

PakiDan
07-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I love how many movie critics we have in here. Everybody in ST thinks they know everything about everything. Never fails. I took my two boys, they loved it. I loved it. It was an entertaining movie. I didn't notice hipster/emo/too much night/etc.

redzero
07-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Sorry that everybody doesn't agree with you on everything.

Mister Sinister
07-05-2012, 05:49 PM
:tu

I totally forgot I used to have that weird Venom avatar.

Spurs da champs
07-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I totally forgot I used to have that weird Venom avatar.

Thats Carnage.

leemajors
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM

Would be a lot easier with just great animation. There are lots of Superman stories out there that would make great movies, but the studios don't want to greenlight them. If you have 20 mins to spare, Kevin Smith is pretty awesome talking about pitching Superman ideas and what came of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk

mFFL03
07-05-2012, 10:28 PM
From the confusing headlines at aintitcool:

Harry thinks THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN is so almost nearly impossibly amazing, but is actually just sometimes amazing & mostly cool...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56724

CuckingFunt
07-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Hancock was a decent attempt at something along those lines, it just got a tad cheesy as well.

Ejaculate blasting holes in the ceiling =/= dark.

Mister Sinister
07-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Thats Carnage.

Nah, the one I used when I went by ShagiaFrost (hence the troll's handle of ShabiaFrost) was that image, but black.

DMC
07-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Ejaculate blasting holes in the ceiling =/= dark.

It was a decent attempt a portraying a superman like character in an other than usual fashion.

I didn't say it was dark.

monosylab1k
07-06-2012, 09:41 AM
It was a decent attempt a portraying a superman like character in an other than usual fashion.

I didn't say it was dark.

I agree. Hancock was a terrific idea, but the execution was horrible. I'm guessing Will Smith's determination to make his movies as bland and disposable as possible had something to do with it.

MannyIsGod
07-07-2012, 06:39 PM
So, I thought they did the origin story and about halfway through I thought it might be the best Spider Man movie of all time. Then it fell of a cliff. The score was absolutely terrible in the second half of the movie and the pacing was really bad too. The crane scene was pretty damn bad, and if he can't even get to the tower how is he supposed to fight? Speaking of fights, I thought this was a comic book movie? WHERE THE HELL ARE THE FIGHTS? Even after its over, the movie does its best homage to Return of the King and draws out the end way too long. People started leaving early from our theater and I can't blame them.

The score really killed this movie. It had a lot of potential but shit was just so long and drawn out and the music seemed more at place in a Tim Burton movie.

silverblk mystix
07-07-2012, 07:26 PM
So, I thought they did the origin story and about halfway through I thought it might be the best Spider Man movie of all time. Then it fell of a cliff. The score was absolutely terrible in the second half of the movie and the pacing was really bad too. The crane scene was pretty damn bad, and if he can't even get to the tower how is he supposed to fight? Speaking of fights, I thought this was a comic book movie? WHERE THE HELL ARE THE FIGHTS? Even after its over, the movie does its best homage to Return of the King and draws out the end way too long. People started leaving early from our theater and I can't blame them.

The score really killed this movie. It had a lot of potential but shit was just so long and drawn out and the music seemed more at place in a Tim Burton movie.

How old are you? 13?

Grow a fuckin' pair and turn in your man card already.

Fuckin little pussy cartoon watching motherfucker.

DPG21920
07-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Why are you following people around and starting arguments, SBM?

silverblk mystix
07-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Why are you following people around and starting arguments, SBM?

Why aren't you questioning the people that are following me around and starting arguments with me?

ChumpDumper
07-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Why aren't you questioning the people that are following me around and starting arguments with me?We've been taking it easy on you since your meltdown thread.

We're a little worried tbh.

silverblk mystix
07-07-2012, 07:41 PM
We've been taking it easy on you since your meltdown thread.

We're a little worried tbh.

Who is we?

Your virtual gang?

:lmao

ChumpDumper
07-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Who is we?

Your virtual gang?

:lmaoMe and all the troll names I use to harass folk.

MannyIsGod
07-07-2012, 07:42 PM
We should talk about the not so amazing Spiderman TBH. Letting the attention whore turn every thread I post in to something about him is getting old, IMO.

silverblk mystix
07-07-2012, 07:44 PM
We should talk about the not so amazing Spiderman TBH. Letting the attention whore turn every thread I post in to something about him is getting old, IMO.

Who is we?

Your bad-ass virtual geek gang who watches cartoons?

:lmao

ChumpDumper
07-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Who is we?

Your bad-ass virtual geek gang who watches cartoons?

:lmaoIn this case he's talking about anyone in the thread dedicated to the movie The Amazing Spider-Man.