-Documents in the Cloud aka Google Docs lol
-Pre typed text messages when rejecting a phone call just like Android has
-Siri can talk different language and red out movie times and sport scores

Reck
06-11-2012, 03:13 PM
What a shitty and unnecessary update. :lol

TheMACHINE
06-11-2012, 03:19 PM
lol Apple should have named iOS6 to iOS5s. haha. Congratz on having "Apple Maps" and having "Documents on your iCloud" similar to "Google Docs" and also having the ability to text an incoming caller with a pre-typed message when thier call is rejected. Props for doing everything Android has done for years. buhahha

lefty
06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn

IOS 6 looks amazing :wow

Nah shitty update :lol

Maps looks amazing though

Drachen
06-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I like how they added a feature to macOS which allows it to update while its asleep. REALLY? welcome to windows 98 everyone.

TheMACHINE
06-11-2012, 04:05 PM
^^lol

MaNuMaNiAc
06-11-2012, 04:12 PM
This shit tends to happen when the person responsible for most of the innovation in Apple up and dies on them...

CubanMustGo
06-11-2012, 04:17 PM
This shit tends to happen when the person responsible for most of the innovation in Apple up and dies on them...

Hell no. Apple's famous for delivering updates (hardware too) that don't really change much, but the sheeple flock to them anyway.

Here's a summary of some of the changes including some mentioned already here: http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/11/apple-announces-ios-6-wwdc/

TheMACHINE
06-11-2012, 04:17 PM
^^lol

Drachen
06-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Hell no. Apple's famous for delivering updates (hardware too) that don't really change much, but the sheeple flock to them anyway.

Here's a summary of some of the changes including some mentioned already here: http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/11/apple-announces-ios-6-wwdc/

Magical!

leemajors
06-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Lots of cool little stuff, I'm looking forward to it.

TheMACHINE
06-11-2012, 04:46 PM
^^its cool stuff for sure...i should know...us Android users had it for a while now. ;)

lefty
06-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Hater is foaming at the mouth right now

leemajors
06-11-2012, 05:49 PM
^^its cool stuff for sure...i should know...us Android users had it for a while now. ;)

It's stuff that's been on cydia for some time as well.

ElNono
06-11-2012, 07:39 PM
There's a couple of things that were not mentioned but I just read them on the release notes, which are nice. One of them is mobile Safari now being able to upload pictures/movies to webpages (ie: uploading pics to tinypic or facebook should work now). The other is asking the user for permission when an app wants to access Calendar, Contacts, etc information. Probably stuff that should've been there from the get go, but things that were certainly annoying not being there.

ElNono
06-11-2012, 07:42 PM
can't wait to try Siri on my new iPad too, tbh

Venti Quattro
06-11-2012, 08:00 PM
So they still aren't allowing widgets?

:lol Apple

ElNono
06-11-2012, 08:13 PM
:lol widgets
:lol android
:lol windows

Heath Ledger
06-11-2012, 08:19 PM
200 new features in ios6 and a huge kick in the nuts to googles fagdroid os

ElNono
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
you can do everything in Android... except get developers to make money on their apps :lol

lefty
06-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Lol widgets

You are unable to open an app to check the weather?

Faggots

ElNono
06-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Lol widgets

You are unable to open an app to check the weather?

Faggots

shit, just drag down the notification center...

resistanze
06-11-2012, 09:48 PM
lol widgets useless until iOS implements it

lefty
06-11-2012, 09:51 PM
lol widgets useless until iOS implements it

I dont need and I dont want widgets

resistanze
06-11-2012, 09:55 PM
You don't need a smartphone either:downspin:

resistanze
06-11-2012, 09:56 PM
My friend literally said the same thing about a notification center, turn by turn navigation and (soon to be) a larger screen.

lefty
06-11-2012, 10:38 PM
My friend literally said the same thing about a notification center, turn by turn navigation and (soon to be) a larger screen.

No, notofication center was needed TBH

TheMACHINE
06-11-2012, 11:37 PM
200 new features in ios6 and a huge kick in the nuts to googles fagdroid os

199 of those features Android probably already has.

ElNono
06-11-2012, 11:45 PM
No, notofication center was needed TBH

Agree with this. Don't care about turn-by-turn (happy with my Lexus nav) or larger screen/device (don't really like oversized phones).

Cry Havoc
06-11-2012, 11:46 PM
shit, just drag down the notification center...

Why have shortcuts when you can just go into your program menu to open them?

ElNono
06-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Why have shortcuts when you can just go into your program menu to open them?

Because it's convenient to have a centralized place accessible from anywhere where you can see the latest messages/notifications along with the usual crappy info you would put on... well... widgets.

lefty
06-12-2012, 12:47 AM
199 of those features Android probably already has.

Add lags and battery issues to the list

Oh and random shutdowns too

ElNono
06-12-2012, 01:57 AM
BTW, does anybody else thinks Scott Forestall looks like a complete douchebag?

resistanze
06-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Because it's convenient to have a centralized place accessible from anywhere where you can see the latest messages/notifications along with the usual crappy info you would put on... well... widgets.

Notification center doesn't allow you get receive updated tweet/FB messages on your home screen like widgets and the ability to post directly through them, without opening the app. Nor does it allow you to see detailed news/rss/flipboard feeds.

Some widgets are unnecessary and pointless, but many more add to the conveniece factor.

Venti Quattro
06-12-2012, 10:09 AM
One thing I hope Android does is I hope they standardize the shape of their icons.

leemajors
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Notification center doesn't allow you get receive updated tweet/FB messages on your home screen like widgets and the ability to post directly through them, without opening the app. Nor does it allow you to see detailed news/rss/flipboard feeds.

Some widgets are unnecessary and pointless, but many more add to the conveniece factor.

Actually, the first part is included in iOS6, but has also been available if you jailbreak for some time.

Monostradamus
06-12-2012, 10:25 AM
P3IiDBEOOcE

Drachen
06-12-2012, 11:17 AM
One thing I hope Android does is I hope they standardize the shape of their icons.

why? as long as they fit inside of the same 1x1 box what is the point in limiting the shape of the icons?

lefty
06-12-2012, 12:10 PM
why? as long as they fit inside of the same 1x1 box what is the point in limiting the shape of the icons?
You may want to update your signature

Drachen
06-12-2012, 12:59 PM
You may want to update your signature

LOL, yeah you are right. I have signatures turned off so I forget what I have there.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Yeah. Now companies are getting ridiculous with update titles. What are we on? FF 12?? Just last year I think it was at 7

ElNono
06-12-2012, 01:39 PM

Actually, you do get notifications from Twitter and FB on the notification center if you enabled those features. I can see where the posting part would be convenient if you're a heavy user of those systems. I'm particularly not, and frankly, I run my phone with all notifications disabled from both. Not a rss/feed/flipboard guy either. The only thing I've set for notifications are iMessages and emails. I particularly don't like clutter, and widgets definitely add to that. The only widget I would probably have if available, would be a sports ticker, tbh.

Well, it's no surprise that the original and most popular widgets are Clock, Weather and Stocks. Originally widgets were meant to provide real time info at a glance. They've evolved to be their own mini-apps on a severely constrained space. With an actual app taking a second or less to launch, not sold the convenience factor is really there at all.

resistanze
06-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Actually, you do get notifications from Twitter and FB on the notification center if you enabled those features. I can see where the posting part would be convenient if you're a heavy user of those systems. I'm particularly not, and frankly, I run my phone with all notifications disabled from both. Not a rss/feed/flipboard guy either. The only thing I've set for notifications are iMessages and emails. I particularly don't like clutter, and widgets definitely add to that. The only widget I would probably have if available, would be a sports ticker, tbh.
Do you mean notifications as in FB/tweets that involve you specifically? I'm aware of that, which also is there for Android (e.g. mention in twitter, comment on your post in FB). I was talking about general Twitter/FB feeds of your friends (e.g. A friend tweets that he's landed in Vegas). Personally, I like using my widgets to see what has been posted/tweeted in realtime.

Unless you're referring to this as well, I haven't use iOS in a year so I could be wrong.

Well, it's no surprise that the original and most popular widgets are Clock, Weather and Stocks. Originally widgets were meant to provide real time info at a glance.
That's exactly why I like the aforementioned FB/Twitter/Flipboard/BBC widgets. You get exactly that - realtime info at a glance. It provides that same convience as stocks, weather, etc. without me being directly involved in the app.

They've evolved to be their own mini-apps on a severely constrained space. With an actual app taking a second or less to launch, not sold the convenience factor is really there at all.
Like I said I've seen widgets which are basically the entire app on the home screen, which is stupid as hell. However there are enough widgets that do provide that experience you mentioned about stocks, weather and clocks. Even acknowledging those 3 you mentioned as be useful is reason why widgets could add to convienience.

TheMACHINE
06-12-2012, 03:15 PM
i love widgets..i dont use it all...but i love the power toggle widget and my google calendar widget. Not sure if instant contact dialing icons are considered widgets.

I only use two widgets, but i love the fact that i have an option to use it.

ElNono
06-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Do you mean notifications as in FB/tweets that involve you specifically? I'm aware of that, which also is there for Android (e.g. mention in twitter, comment on your post in FB). I was talking about general Twitter/FB feeds of your friends (e.g. A friend tweets that he's landed in Vegas). Personally, I like using my widgets to see what has been posted/tweeted in realtime.

For cases where I'm actually expecting or monitoring some event, I just leave that app open before locking the phone. As soon as I unlock, I'm right there.

Unless you're referring to this as well, I haven't use iOS in a year so I could be wrong.

tbh, I'm not sure anymore. I used to get a gazillion notifications from FB when I originally installed the app and turned them all off. Same for twitter. I prefer to go look at stuff when I want to.

That's exactly why I like the aforementioned FB/Twitter/Flipboard/BBC widgets. You get exactly that - realtime info at a glance. It provides that same convience as stocks, weather, etc. without me being directly involved in the app.

Like I said I've seen widgets which are basically the entire app on the home screen, which is stupid as hell. However there are enough widgets that do provide that experience you mentioned about stocks, weather and clocks. Even acknowledging those 3 you mentioned as be useful is reason why widgets could add to convienience.

I think small amount of information that you can pack together in a slim interface makes sense. Things like a clock, a stock/sports ticker with just the info you care about, or rudimentary weather info lend themselves to something like that. If you need to start scrolling through in an already crumpled space, you're just doing it wrong, IMO. Basically, I don't really see the practicality of of having a full feed of my friend's Facebook/Twitter posts crunched up on 1/4 of my screen.

But, hey, to each his own! :toast

ElNono
06-13-2012, 02:08 AM
tbh, hater must be on vacations... :lol

lefty
06-13-2012, 08:09 AM
tbh, hater must be on vacations... :lol
I'm worried about him TBH

scott
06-13-2012, 08:28 AM
lol pissing contest over cell phones