PDA

View Full Version : Texas Father Kills Man Caught Trying to Molest his Daughter

desflood
06-11-2012, 09:39 PM
A Texas father has not been arrested and is unlikely to face charges after he beat a man to death for trying to molest his 4-year-old daughter at their rural ranch, authorities said Monday.

Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said the father, whose name has not been released, said no evidence so far has led investigators to doubt his story.

"There doesn't appear to be any reason other than what he told us," Harmon said.

Harmon described the man as "very remorseful" after the Saturday killing.

"I don't think it was his intent for the man to die," Harmon told the Victoria Advocate. The man's grandfather also said his son was "sorry" and the killing was an "accident."

Harmon said the victim was a 47-year-old man from Gonazles with no apparent prior criminal history. His name continued to be withheld Monday because authorities still hadn't tracked down any of his family.

The victim was an "acquaintance" of the father who had come to help care for some horses, Harmon said. He did not know how long the two men may have known each other. The girl was taken to a hospital to be examined and has since been released, Harmon said.

The father called police late Saturday afternoon and told them he attacked a man caught trying to sexually assault his daughter, Harmon said. The alleged attack happened near a barn where some horses were being kept.

"In the course of trying to get her away from him, and protect her, he struck the subject several times in the head and the subject died," Harmon said.

Harmon said a grand jury will decide what, if any, charges the father will face. No charges have yet been filed.

The victim's body was sent to the Travis County medical examiner for an autopsy.

The ranch near Shiner is about 130 miles east of Houston. Killings are rare in rural Lavaca County: Harmon said his office has only investigated six since in his eight years as sheriff.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/11/texas-father-kills-man-trying-to-sexually-assault-daughter-police-say/#ixzz1xXhzXSId

I do love a happy ending.

DesignatedT
06-11-2012, 09:50 PM
good for him.

Frenzy
06-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Sounds about right.

Fabbs
06-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Can we send money for his legal defense if it comes to that?

mavs>spurs
06-11-2012, 10:00 PM
yeah that's what im thinking no way should he be prosecuted. i'd have done the same damn thing without blinking an eye.

Avante
06-11-2012, 10:01 PM
That's how things should be.

ALVAREZ6
06-11-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure I'd jump to conclusions, could have been set up, could've brought a man he wanted to kill there and purposely bring his daughter along to create that story.

But yeah, obviously if he really was trying to molest the girl then there is nothing more to see/hear.

JoeChalupa
06-11-2012, 10:33 PM
I'd do it. Justifiable homicide.

100%duncan
06-11-2012, 10:44 PM
That's how things should be.

CosmicCowboy
06-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Sweet. Hope the little girl gets over it without long term psycho problems. Glad the SOB is dead.

GoodOdor
06-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Tbh seems fishy.......

DeadlyDynasty
06-11-2012, 11:28 PM
lynchmob is out

Ditty
06-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Lefty just got lost

DMC
06-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Tbh seems fishy.......

Nah, she was too young for that.

GoodOdor
06-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Nah, she was too young for that.

Ok, I set up the joke like you asked, can I get my $5 now?

I. Hustle
06-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Booyaa, I'd buy that dude a beer.

Leetonidas
06-12-2012, 09:47 AM
As long as his story holds up, this man is a hero

DarkReign
06-13-2012, 10:11 AM
How can you prove his story wrong? What evidence supports his story?

Seems odd. Dont get me wrong, if you walked in on some dude perving your daughter, death is imminent.

But in the eyes of the law, there are only two people who know what happened and dead men dont talk.

Oh, Gee!!
06-13-2012, 10:34 AM
the perfect crime?

thispego
06-13-2012, 10:35 AM
4 year olds talk too and i'm pretty sure she'll give them the evidence they need

Wild Cobra Kai
06-14-2012, 07:42 AM

Seems odd. Dont get me wrong, if you walked in on some dude perving your daughter, death is imminent.

But in the eyes of the law, there are only two people who know what happened and dead men dont talk.

I can see a whole bunch of these now, since guys know they won't even be arrested and questioned. It's the new "shot while trying to escape", tbh,

The Reckoning
06-14-2012, 08:37 AM

it says they took the girl to a hospital for examination.

thispego
06-14-2012, 09:09 AM
a physical examination probably wont return anything but 99% of 4-year-olds will be able to tell/show exactly what happened

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Assuming there was something shady at play, how much control does a parent have over the access police would have to the child for questioning? They are allowed to be present right?

I could believe that a parent could coerce their kid into lying to police to cover them. Their presence in the room with the child might be enough to make the child stick to the story. I just wouldn't pin my hopes of freedom on a pre-schooler being able to lie convincingly and keep the story perfectly straight through multiple police interviews.

thispego
06-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Assuming there was something shady at play, how much control does a parent have over the access police would have to the child for questioning? They are allowed to be present right?

I could believe that a parent could coerce their kid into lying to police to cover them. Their presence in the room with the child might be enough to make the child stick to the story. I just wouldn't pin my hopes of freedom on a pre-schooler being able to lie convincingly and keep the story perfectly straight through multiple police interviews.

young kids are sometimes the best witnesses because they don't know how to lie or don't know how important it is (to the perpetrator) to hide the truth. If the cops wanted to interview her alone in a child advocacy center then they could do that if they felt the dad was hiding something. If dad isn't hiding anything then he should have no problem with it.

Augie
06-14-2012, 10:00 AM
a physical examination probably wont return anything but 99% of 4-year-olds will be able to tell/show exactly what happened

This isn't necessarily true. I'm assuming the 99% is an exaggeration. But in any event, the incident may not have yet got to the point that the 4 year old had any clue of anything. The dad may have recognized the attack before it really got serious.

thispego
06-14-2012, 10:05 AM
no, it's not an exaggeration. forensic interviewers are very skilled in talking to children and getting the appropriate information on sexual assault cases. normally functioning 4 year olds will be able to tell you exactly what happened if you ask the right questions. if the child indicates that they she was innapropriately touched in any way then this case will be open and shut.

Augie
06-14-2012, 10:12 AM
no, it's not an exaggeration. forensic interviewers are very skilled in talking to children and getting the appropriate information on sexual assault cases. normally functioning 4 year olds will be able to tell you exactly what happened if you ask the right questions. if the child indicates that they she was innapropriately touched in any way then this case will be open and shut.

Sorry, I still disagree with your statistics. Can you provide some backup to the 99%? What is your definition of "normally functioning"? You're changing the argument here.

resistanze
06-14-2012, 10:17 AM

Well, I'm sure it can go both ways. you can possiblyto guide children to give false testimony if you ask the "right questions" in cases of child molestation.

I actually remember watching a Dateline (or 20/20?) special where they showed a video of investigators interrogating a small child about possibly being molested. They brought a doll and lead her on with questions that eventually led the child to say she was touched, even though it wasn't. ThiI wouldn't rely on the testimony of a child that small to get a definitive answer on what happened. We'll probably never really know.

thispego
06-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Sorry, I still disagree with your statistics. Can you provide some backup to the 99%? What is your definition of "normally functioning"? You're changing the argument here.

well first off it's part of my job, I have experience with it. second of all, I am not changing the argument, I'm just bringing my professional experience into the thread. If I can find any study's or statistical proof to back up my claim i'll post it. By "normally functioning" I mean "developementally on-target" for that age.

Well, I'm sure it can go both ways. you can possiblyto guide children to give false testimony if you ask the "right questions" in cases of child molestation.

I actually remember watching a Dateline (or 20/20?) special where they showed a video of investigators interrogating a small child about possibly being molested. They brought a doll and lead her on with questions that eventually led the child to say she was touched, even though it wasn't. ThiI wouldn't rely on the testimony of a child that small to get a definitive answer on what happened. We'll probably never really know.

I know the interview you are talking about and it is from a while ago, it is now used as an example of how NOT to conduct a child interview. no leading questions, no closed ended questions.

mrsmaalox
06-14-2012, 11:02 AM
This isn't necessarily true. I'm assuming the 99% is an exaggeration. But in any event, the incident may not have yet got to the point that the 4 year old had any clue of anything. The dad may have recognized the attack before it really got serious.

It's not in the article in the OP, but on another news site I read that the father was alerted to the situation by the little girl's screams. If the kid was screaming, she pretty well knew something bad was happening.

Augie
06-14-2012, 11:15 AM
well first off it's part of my job, I have experience with it. second of all, I am not changing the argument, I'm just bringing my professional experience into the thread. If I can find any study's or statistical proof to back up my claim i'll post it. By "normally functioning" I mean "developementally on-target" for that age.

If it's part of your job, you should know not to throw around the "99%" as frivolously as you did and later claim it as fact. Wouldn't it have just been easier for your to say, "Yeah, it was an exaggeration. But it's an overwhelming majority". Something like that.

thispego
06-14-2012, 11:15 AM
DISTRUSTING YOUNG CHILDREN WHO ALLEGE SEXUAL
ABUSE: WHY STEREOTYPES DON’T DIE AND WAYS TO
FACILITATE CHILD TESTIMONY
(http://widenerlawreview.org/files/2011/03/Raeder.pdf)

"While child-friendly oaths, remote testimony, shielding or rearranging the
courtroom can assist children in testifying more effectively, testimony is the
last step in the process. The first steps begin with appropriate forensic
interviewing protocols and corroboration of disclosures, followed by positive
interaction with professionals. Only when the public understands that
attention is being given to reducing suggestive questioning, and jurors can
evaluate forensic videotapes of child witnesses for themselves, will negative
stereotyping of child testimony lessen. Psychologists can provide valuable
insights about how to lessen suggestivity, decrease false denials and
recantations, and increase true disclosures, but must realize that their studies
need to be relevant to the courtroom."

thispego
06-14-2012, 11:16 AM
If it's part of your job, you should know not to throw around the "99%" as frivolously as you did and later claim it as fact. Wouldn't it have just been easier for your to say, "Yeah, it was an exaggeration. But it's an overwhelming majority". Something like that.

I haven't run across any 4 year olds who weren't communicative enough to tell me what happened so I could have put 100%. I put 99% to account for margin of error. why are you being a twat about this? do you have kids? If you did, you'd know that 4 year olds are smart as shit.

thispego
06-14-2012, 11:22 AM
same article as above: "....it has also been found
that children from three to five years old have significant developmental
difficulty in successfully lying and cannot easily maintain deception when
asked for explanations."

Augie
06-14-2012, 11:33 AM
I haven't run across any 4 year olds who weren't communicative enough to tell me what happened so I could have put 100%. I put 99% to account for margin of error. why are you being a twat about this? do you have kids? If you did, you'd know that 4 year olds are smart as shit.

I'm not being a "t*&t". I agree that an overwhelming majority can tell the truth. All I said was that your "99%" was an exaggeration and you denied it. So you're stating it as fact but have nothing to back it up other than "I haven't run across any 4 years olds...". It it so hard to admit you're wrong?

same article as above: "....it has also been found
that children from three to five years old have significant developmental
difficulty in successfully lying and cannot easily maintain deception when
asked for explanations."

Again, all we're debating is your "99%" figure.

thispego
06-14-2012, 11:38 AM
prove that I'm wrong

thispego
06-14-2012, 11:39 AM
you're not finding any articles that say an exact percentage of 4 year olds can or cannot give reliable testimony on sex abuse cases. I'm relying on real-life experience - what are you relying on?

Augie
06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
prove that I'm wrong

I don't have to. You've pretty much confirmed it for me. There is a 100% chance that you were exaggerating.

In the future, I'll remember you can't admit you're wrong and I'll keep a large bag of salt handy when reading your posts.

TheMACHINE
06-14-2012, 11:44 AM
looks like this dude is getting prosecuted.

thispego
06-14-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't have to. You've pretty much confirmed it for me. There is a 100% chance that you were exaggerating.

In the future, I'll remember you can't admit you're wrong and I'll keep a large bag of salt handy when reading your posts.
:lmao ok, when you've proven me wrong, let me know. You want to give up so easily then that's you're own admission of not knowing what you're talking about.

Augie
06-14-2012, 11:56 AM
:lmao ok, when you've proven me wrong, let me know. You want to give up so easily then that's you're own admission of not knowing what you're talking about.

You must be trolling. Do you really think the burden of proof falls on me for something you're presenting as a statistical fact?

clambake
06-14-2012, 12:01 PM

he is?

thispego
06-14-2012, 12:32 PM
You must be trolling. Do you really think the burden of proof falls on me for something you're presenting as a statistical fact?

Do you know what you're talking about? Have you ever interviewed a 4 year old? No? No? Then you must not know what you're talking about when you tell me, an expert on the subject, that I'M wrong. :lmao

Run along little kid, you've been outed.

Augie
06-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Do you know what you're talking about? Have you ever interviewed a 4 year old? No? No? Then you must not know what you're talking about when you tell me, an expert on the subject, that I'M wrong. :lmao

Run along little kid, you've been outed.

Your generalizations are probably correct. But your statistic of "99% of 4 years-olds" is pretty dubious to say the least.

mrsmaalox
06-14-2012, 01:29 PM

Hasn't gone to the Grand Jury yet.

cantthinkofanything
06-14-2012, 01:30 PM
This is from the LA times

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-texas-killing-20120612,0,5906401.story

Harmon told KPRC that the victim was an acquaintance of the girl's father who came to the barn near Shiner, a town about 130 miles west of Houston, on Saturday to help care for some horses.

The adults were shoeing a horse and had sent the 4-year-old and her brother to feed chickens when the attack occurred, a relative told KPRC.

The children's grandfather said the boy returned to alert his father that the little girl had been taken away by a man. The father found the pair partially naked, investigators told KPRC.Pretty condemning if it's true.

thispego
06-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Your generalizations are probably correct. But your statistic of "99% of 4 years-olds" is pretty dubious to say the least.

explain the dubiousness of it... how many 4 year olds have you met/talked to? your purported knowledge on the subject is dubious to say the least. Are you even close to knowledgeable enough on psychosocial behaviors of 4 year olds to call anyone out?

cantthinkofanything
06-14-2012, 01:34 PM
explain the dubiousness of it... how many 4 year olds have you met/talked to? your purported knowledge on the subject is dubious to say the least. Are you even close to knowledgeable enough on psychosocial behaviors of 4 year olds to call anyone out?

Retard fight!

DisAsTerBot
06-14-2012, 01:38 PM
you work early childhood development in austin?

my fiancee works for easter seals

thispego
06-14-2012, 01:39 PM
you work early childhood development in austin?

my fiancee works for easter seals

I'm in Lubbock, now, actually. I am familiar with Easter Seals, though. How does she like it?

cantthinkofanything
06-14-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm in Lubbock, now, actually. I am familiar with Easter Seals, though. How does she like it?

I bet it's a bitch trying to get the bunny ears to stay on them.

Blake
06-14-2012, 02:07 PM

Link?

mavs>spurs
06-14-2012, 05:23 PM
if the dude gets prosecuted it's every mans duty to come out and protest that shit, we can't allow this country to go even more down the shitter

somebody tries to molest one of my family members, they need to understand that they may very well get a death sentence

Spurtacus
06-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Send this man to Sandusky's trial. He knows how to get rid of pedophiles.

Stringer_Bell
06-14-2012, 06:51 PM
I was thinking there was conspiracy involved, but the evidence is clear as to how/why the dead perv ended up alone with the little girl in the house all alone, so all I gotta say is...

sMGMZsKXz94

Wild Cobra Kai
06-14-2012, 09:56 PM
if the dude gets prosecuted it's every mans duty to come out and protest that shit, we can't allow this country to go even more down the shitter

somebody tries to molest one of my family members, they need to understand that they may very well get a death sentence

You're letting them off easy. One of the ONLY offenders that juries won't sympathize with is a molester. Let them be prosecuted, convicted, and raped to death in prison. That's what will happen.

Drachen
06-14-2012, 10:17 PM
You're letting them off easy. One of the ONLY offenders that juries won't sympathize with is a molester. Let them be prosecuted, convicted, and raped to death in prison. That's what will happen.

nevermind

Agloco
06-16-2012, 01:24 AM
good for him.

This. I'd do the same thing without a moments hesitation.

mrsmaalox
06-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Authorities: Texas dad won’t face charges for beating to death man who allegedly attacked girl

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/authorities-texas-dad-wont-face-charges-for-beating-to-death-man-who-allegedly-attacked-girl/2012/06/19/gJQAQzlboV_story.html

SHINER, Texas — A young Texas father who beat to death with his fists a man molesting his 5-year-old daughter will not be charged, authorities said Tuesday, as they released a dramatic 911 tape of the dad frantically pleading to send help before the man died.

A Lavaca County grand jury on Tuesday declined to indict the 23-year-old father in the death of Jesus Mora Flores, 47, who was killed June 9 on a family ranch so remote that the father is heard profanely screaming at a dispatcher who couldn’t locate the property.

“Come on! This guy is going to die on me!” the father yells in the 911 tape. “I don’t know what to do.”

Becoming increasingly frazzled, the father at one point tells the dispatcher he’s going to put the man in his truck and drive him to a hospital before sheriff’s deputies finally arrive.

The Associated Press is not identifying the father in order to protect the daughter’s identity. The AP does not identify victims of sexual assault.

V’Anne Huser, the father’s attorney, sternly told reporters several times during a news conference at the Lavaca County courthouse that neither the father nor the family will ever give interviews.

“He’s a peaceable soul,” Huser said. “He had no intention to kill anybody that day.”

The attack happened on the family’s ranch off a quiet, two-lane county road between the farming towns of Shiner and Yoakum. Authorities say a witness saw Flores “forcibly carrying” the girl into a secluded area and then scrambled to find the father. Running toward his daughter’s screams, investigators said, the father pulled Flores off his child and “inflicted several blows to the man’s head and neck area.”

Emergency crews found Flores’ pants and underwear pulled down on his lifeless body by the time they responded to the 911 call. The girl was taken to a hospital and examined, and authorities say forensic evidence and witness accounts corroborated the father’s story that his daughter was being sexually molested.

Koolaid_Man
06-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Sounds about right.

why are you allowed to get away with having a Tranny in your sig?

bus driver
06-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Send this man to Sandusky's trial. He knows how to get rid of pedophiles.

amen

MultiTroll
03-23-2017, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure I'd jump to conclusions, could have been set up, could've brought a man he wanted to kill there and purposely bring his daughter along to create that story.
That is an excellent point. Sadly, no doubt this has happened some where on earth more then once.

However it appears this crime went as the father had told it.
Cliffs:
Authorities say a witness* saw Flores 'forcibly carrying' the girl into a secluded area and then scrambled to find the father. Running toward his daughter's screams, investigators said, the father pulled Flores off his child and 'inflicted several blows to the man's head and neck area.'
*(Fabbs here, article does not say who the witness was)

The girl was taken to a hospital and examined, and authorities say forensic evidence and witness accounts corroborated the father's story that his daughter was being sexually molested.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2408953/Texas-father-beat-Jesus-Flores-death-raping-5-year-old-daughter-NOT-face-murder-charges.html#ixzz4cBUmOeMk