PDA

View Full Version : Did Battier call out Wade?

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 05:38 AM
From SI.com:

The story of this game is what Durant and Westbrook did (Durant scored 17 in the fourth quarter alone) and what Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh did not do (play like Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh).

Wade finished with 19 points, but he needed 19 shots to do it, and too often, he dominated the ball but not the game. The Heat won't say that, of course. I suspect most people won't, because in the NBA culture, Wade is a made man. He led his team to a title and earned his superstar status.

"He's one of the best players on the planet," Heat forward Shane Battier said. "Especially on offense, you're not going to tell him what to do too often."

But Battier also said his team was undone in the second half by "way too many careless turnovers, long rebounds after poor shots," and I can't help but notice that Wade was 4 for 11 in the second half, and Bosh was 1 for 5. That's 31 percent shooting by two guys who are supposed to be stars. Bosh has been hurt, and for all we know, Wade is hurt too. Their lousy performances may be explainable, but they are still lousy, and this is no time for lousy.

You can't just allow teams to lock in and stare at you while you try to make a move," Battier said, and again: He did not criticize Wade at all, but what he said sure seems like it applies to Wade.

We played our least intelligent half of basketball in about two months," Battier said.

LMAO (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/michael_rosenberg/06/13/thunder.heat.game.1/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a0)

:stirpot:

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 05:42 AM
More:

Wade was defensive about his offense afterward. He was asked a simple question about picking and choosing his shots, and he said "Sorry, man," and "I'm a winner" and that he was "just doing whatever it takes to win the ballgame, not necessarily sitting up here worrying about scoring 30 points. I know that's going to make you guys feel better. I'm all about winning."

:lol

tesseractive
06-13-2012, 09:47 AM
"I'm a winner"

:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2012, 10:05 AM
bosh the clown 1-5, 2 of those shots were throwing up 3pt attempts....he was wide open, why didnt he take it closer inside the arc and settle for the midrange...

lefty
06-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Thread title is misleading TBH

Venti Quattro
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Making a mountain out of a molehill.

DPG21920
06-13-2012, 10:32 AM
He should have. Wade played awful, selfish quasi hero ball. If wade continues to make poor decisions, the Heat can't win.