PDA

View Full Version : So whats the deal on bath salts?

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2012, 09:19 AM
The way it makes some people go completely nuts it sounds kind of like PCP...is it a hallucinogen?

And...how did someone find out that it got you high? I mean...who in their right mind would suddenly decide to chow down on their bath salts?

mouse
06-13-2012, 09:20 AM
I take it your have been showering the last 8 years

Smart Ass
06-13-2012, 09:30 AM
It depends on the strength of the salts. Some are watered down.

Oh, Gee!!
06-13-2012, 09:33 AM
They aren't really bath salts, they are just labeled that way. They usually have warning labels like "Not for ingestion, or human consumption" to avoid scrutiny by the FDA. They are unregulated narcotics plain and simple, and in no way related to hygiene. They aren't sold at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but online or in head-shops like Planet K.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2012, 09:34 AM
They aren't really bath salts, they are just labeled that way. They usually have warning labels like "Not for ingestion, or human consumption" to avoid scrutiny by the FDA. They are unregulated narcotics plain and simple, and in no way related to hygiene. They aren't sold at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but online or in head-shops like Planet K.

Yeah, I was on the google machine figuring that out :lol

I thought they were eating real bath salts

Sportcamper
06-13-2012, 09:56 AM
The question I have is why? Vodka can be had for like 10 dollars a gallon…Wall-Mart sells generic prescription pain meds for 5 bucks…How messed are you to prefer bath salt…:lol

johnsmith
06-13-2012, 10:03 AM
The question I have is why? Vodka can be had for like 10 dollars a gallon…Wall-Mart sells generic prescription pain meds for 5 bucks…How messed are you to prefer bath salt…:lol

Yeah, but vodka gives you a terrible hangover and you have to have a prescription for the pain killers......sooooo.....

ElBorracho
06-13-2012, 10:05 AM
A couple dozen shots works for me.

benefactor
06-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Come to my hospital...I'll show you what they do to you.

I wish I could load some of our patients up in a truck and take them to schools to show kids what stuff like bath salts and wet does to your brain. Some people you don't get back.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
One reason its legal is that there's no test that'll detect it. They ban one form of it and they just change the formula and it pretty much gets worse. I've read that use in the military is on the rise strictly for that reason. Remember that guy that went on a crazy shooting spree in his squad? Its a nasty drug that I think is way worse than meth.

Soul_Patch
06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
One reason its legal is that there's no test that'll detect it. They ban one form of it and they just change the formula and it pretty much gets worse. I've read that use in the military is on the rise strictly for that reason. Remember that guy that went on a crazy shooting spree in his squad? Its a nasty drug that I think is way worse than meth.

What exactly does it do to you? Make you hallucinate? Is it like speed? I still dont know exactly what it does to make people completely wig out like that.

I smoked Salvia once, and was completely in another world, it was very brief although crazy intense...I dont mess around with drugs like I used to though, so Im out of the loop on these "bath salts", I too thought they were actually salts for your bath at one point.

leemajors
06-13-2012, 11:31 AM
What exactly does it do to you? Make you hallucinate? Is it like speed? I still dont know exactly what it does to make people completely wig out like that.

I smoked Salvia once, and was completely in another world, it was very brief although crazy intense...I dont mess around with drugs like I used to though, so Im out of the loop on these "bath salts", I too thought they were actually salts for your bath at one point.

amphetamine-like effects, totally synthetic. don't think it has actually been studied enough to see what it actually does to people aside from making them batshit

IronMaxipad
06-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Wh_nZiuFC4o

Skip ahead to 0:55

Soul_Patch
06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Wh_nZiuFC4o

Rofl...wtf...

Reminds me of this

http://images.wikia.com/aliceinwonderland/images/d/d3/1951Hatter.jpg

Augie
06-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Rofl...wtf...

Reminds me of this

http://images.wikia.com/aliceinwonderland/images/d/d3/1951Hatter.jpg

I get the reference but believe me, this is not a cartoon. This is a major problem that is sweeping the country. Even with all the information about "bath salts", kids still want to do them. It's going to cost lives and destroy families.

BacktoBasics
06-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Remember that guy that went on a crazy shooting spree in his squad? I don't recall reading that. But I may be thinking of a different instance.

Soul_Patch
06-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I get the reference but believe me, this is not a cartoon. This is a major problem that is sweeping the country. Even with all the information about "bath salts", kids still want to do them. It's going to cost lives and destroy families.

Oh I'm sure...either that guy is a really good actor, or he is out of his mind...either way, I could see how that would be extremely dangerous if not confined to a quiet place.

I used to do LSD and Mushrooms when I was younger. I would have never considered going out in public under their influence though. I knew to keep myself in a relatively safe, and calm place...

DeadlyDynasty
06-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Wh_nZiuFC4o

:lolIs that video pro or anti-bath salts?

DeadlyDynasty
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
another Bath Salts casualty: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158644/ANOTHER-bath-salts-attack-Mother-35-high-bath-salts-dies-police-Taser-attacking-child-3.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

cantthinkofanything
06-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh I'm sure...either that guy is a really good actor, or he is out of his mind...either way, I could see how that would be extremely dangerous if not confined to a quiet place.

I used to do LSD and Mushrooms when I was younger. I would have never considered going out in public under their influence though. I knew to keep myself in a relatively safe, and calm place...

Sorry but I don't think this is anything like LSD or mushrooms. I don't know any cases of people freaking out so badly on LSD or mushrooms that made them want to strip naked and eat another person's face. Or any of the other stuff that's going on. I mean, even if the cannibal guy was at home or a safe place, he probably would have done something crazy. He lost all connections with reality. And at some point, he probably was in a safe place but went crazy and ventured out.

Soul_Patch
06-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry but I don't think this is anything like LSD or mushrooms. I don't know any cases of people freaking out so badly on LSD or mushrooms that made them want to strip naked and eat another person's face. Or any of the other stuff that's going on. I mean, even if the cannibal guy was at home or a safe place, he probably would have done something crazy. He lost all connections with reality. And at some point, he probably was in a safe place but went crazy and ventured out.

True, I guess that is why its hard for me to relate to it.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Wh_nZiuFC4o

2:23 :lmao

ploto
06-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I really thought they were talking about these:

http://www.vermontsoap.com/images/bathsalts.jpg

FkLA
06-13-2012, 06:38 PM
The description on the youtube vid said the guy was on bath salts or synthetic marijuana. Are they the same thing or do they mean he was on one of the two? Ive tried some synthetic shit called Climax, smoked it though so maybe thats why it wasnt too bad...the high was alittle weird and different than weed but I never considered becoming a cannibal tbh.

ALVAREZ6
06-13-2012, 06:53 PM
The description on the youtube vid said the guy was on bath salts or synthetic marijuana. Are they the same thing or do they mean he was on one of the two? Ive tried some synthetic shit called Climax, smoked it though so maybe thats why it wasnt too bad...the high was alittle weird and different than weed but I never considered becoming a cannibal tbh.

lmao no they are 2 very different things, the shit you smoked is just synthetic marijuana.

bath salts are a synthetic coke, heroin, meth, speed, and LSD cocktail. By the look of it, I'd say he was on bath salts. :lol

After reading of all these stories i don't get what person who has access to internet would try this shit. I opened that one like someone posted and it seems that after eating bath salts trying to eat another human is relatively common. Fucking crazy.

benefactor
06-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Get you a good dealer and get yourself some real weed. Stay the hell away from this shit and K2. They can really fuck you up for good in a very short time.

Sisk
06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Wh_nZiuFC4o

Holy shit.

FkLA
06-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Get you a good dealer and get yourself some real weed. Stay the hell away from this shit and K2. They can really fuck you up for good in a very short time.

Yeah, Ive heard about some bad side effects that come along with that fake shit if its used long term. Ive only smoked it a couple of times tbh, usually before job interviews. Other than that I stay away from it.

Heath Ledger
06-14-2012, 09:46 AM
My cousin smokes a lot of that synthetic weed, hes never had a problem but last week we just about took him to the emergency room. We were at a buddies house playing foosball and in the middle of a game he had to step away from the table, he was dizzy, and turned white as a ghost and could hardly speak. Demi moore freaked out on it as well. I wouldnt touch that shit you have no idea what they are putting in it.

DisAsTerBot
06-14-2012, 09:53 AM
lololololol synthetic weed

smoke good weed or dont smoke

DisAsTerBot
06-14-2012, 09:54 AM
lolololololol at the very idea of synthesizing a literal weed.
lolololololol at the people who buy/use it

Ginobilly
06-14-2012, 10:37 AM
lolololololol at the very idea of synthesizing a literal weed.
lolololololol at the people who buy/use it

People who are on probation/parole, military, and who have certain jobs that refrains them from smoking weed smoke this stuff. legalize weed and all this bullshit will go away.

DisAsTerBot
06-14-2012, 11:11 AM
People who are on probation/parole, military, and who have certain jobs that refrains them from smoking weed smoke this stuff. legalize weed and all this bullshit will go away.

if you are honestly looking to find an alternative because of personal responsibilities you probably should just stop smoking

Ginobilly
06-14-2012, 11:45 AM
if you are honestly looking to find an alternative because of personal responsibilities you probably should just stop smoking

I tried that synthetic MJ one time when I couldn't get my usual dro that I smoke for back pain. That stuff felt weird and made me throw up all my food. I was throwing up when there was nothing left in my stomach to throw up. I almost went to the hospital. I'm just sticking to beer/weed.

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2012, 03:52 PM
This shit is getting out of control...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5kq2i7tnV1r5m2jqo1_1280.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
06-14-2012, 11:30 PM

So, what effects do you see the synthetic weed having on people. I have a friend that does that GorillaDro crap. I'm always trying to tell him that its bad stuff for him.

benefactor
06-15-2012, 05:43 AM
So, what effects do you see the synthetic weed having on people. I have a friend that does that GorillaDro crap. I'm always trying to tell him that its bad stuff for him.
We get kids on the adolescent unit who have really fried the wires. The K2 kids usually have trouble putting their thoughts together...like their minds are a jumbled mess. They will talk out of their heads and not make any sense. There is not as much of the hallucinating as we see with bath salts...it's more like someone opened their brain, stuck in a big mixing spoon and stirred the hell out of it.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Isn't K2 an older version of the synthetic weed?

Oh, Gee!!
06-15-2012, 12:36 PM
The K2 kids usually have trouble putting their thoughts together...like their minds are a jumbled mess. They will talk out of their heads and not make any sense.

I think that's just how kids talk these day tbh. public school is a joke

benefactor
06-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Isn't K2 an older version of the synthetic weed?
It's just a general term used in psych that covers all synthetics.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-15-2012, 06:49 PM
I see

mouse
06-15-2012, 07:40 PM
The way it makes some people go completely nuts it sounds kind of like PCP...is it a hallucinogen?

And...how did someone find out that it got you high? I mean...who in their right mind would suddenly decide to chow down on their bath salts?

:lmao

I thought you rednecks had your own salt?
http://www.borein.com/HennensRanch/imgs/Ferde-licking-salt-block.jpg