PDA

View Full Version : Barkley: Lebron needs more help

Sportstudi
06-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Charles Barkley weighs in on 76ers’ GM job, LeBron’s lack of supporting cast, Dream Team (http://www.danpatrick.com/2012/06/13/charles-barkley-weighs-in-on-76ers-gm-job-lebrons-lack-of-supporting-cast-dream-team/)

TNT’s Charles Barkley joined the show to talk about the Thunder’s Game 1 win over the Heat in the NBA Finals.

Dan asked Charles if he’s interested in the 76ers’ general manager job. ”I think everybody knows I want to be a GM,” Barkley said. “I would sit down and talk to them. It would depend on the financial considerations. I’m not taking a big paycut.”

Barkley talked about how the Oklahoma City Thunder were built. Barkley said that Sam Presti did a great job, but he did get a break when Kevin Durant fell to No. 2 behind Greg Oden. Barkley said that if Portland t”You’re on the radio telling me what a great job the guy in Portland did,” Barkley said.

Barkley weighed in on the Finals and said that LeBron James needs more help. ”He’s Michael Jackson playing with a bunch of Tito Jackson’s,” Barkley said.

Barkley commented on the Dream Team documentary and the storyline that no one wanted Isiah Thomas on the team. Dan asked Barkley if he wanted Isiah. “Sure, I didn’t care who was on the team. I like Isiah Thomas. I never had a problem with him.”

Barkley said he was on the second dream team and it “sucked.” He said that the second time in Atlanta players were arguing with coach Lenny Wilkens about playing time.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

ducks
06-13-2012, 11:05 AM
All you here is it is not james fault he needs more help
LOL JAMES

Venti Quattro
06-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven... ZERO HELP.

JamStone
06-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Pretty sorry comment by Sir Charles. As if he has less help than when he was in Cleveland. LeBron has played great these playoffs, and he doesn't need any excuses for his own individual play. But this "needs more help" excuse no longer applies to LeBron. He has plenty of quality teammates now. He has a guy in Wade who while not playing consistently great is still one of the best players in the league. Bosh isn't 100% but it's the NBA Finals and that's no excuse. And people have lauded long and hard enough over how good guys like Miller, Battier, Chalmers, and Haslem are as secondary role players. It cannot be an excuse for LeBron or the Heat. Even if OKC is a better team, better constructed roster, better mix of players, it's not like the Heat are totally unmatched. The "needs more help" excuse is pathetic. He has enough talent around him. If OKC wins, it's because they played better as a team than the Heat did. It won't be because LeBron doesn't have enough help.

As the best basketball player on the planet, it is now incumbant of LeBron to adjust his game any way possible in order to get the most out of his teammates to translate it to wins and a championship. If he does that, he'll get all the glory he wants and deserves. If not, he'll catch the brunt of the criticism. That's just all part of the deal when you're the biggest and best superstar in the league.

VBM
06-13-2012, 11:49 AM
LeBron could have gone to Chicago with a reaching-his-prime Rose vs. a declining Wade and Chris Bosh. He hand-picked his team, so he can't get a pass on this.

Sportcamper
06-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven...
I saw that clip for the 1st time this week...I bet LeBron wants to take that back...:lol

Sportcamper
06-13-2012, 11:59 AM
LeBron could have gone to Chicago with a reaching-his-prime Rose vs. a declining Wade and Chris Bosh.

LeBron could have stayed with the Cavs with owner who catered to his every whim...

Juggity
06-13-2012, 12:09 PM
LeBron could have gone to Chicago with a reaching-his-prime Rose vs. a declining Wade and Chris Bosh. He hand-picked his team, so he can't get a pass on this.

Not sure a dude with a Torn ACL and similar big-game-choking issues would be much help to Lebron.

UZER
Regarding the other players complaining about playing time in the Olympics....

Shaq was one of the biggest ones. You could see how upset he was that, not only was he not playing, but David, a guy he couldn't stand at the time, was getting all the playing time in the gold medal game, and was the go to man down the stretch scoring 28 points.

I know Shaq was hands down a better NBA player than David. But that gold medal game was close and the US team didn't really separate themselves until Robinson took over the game. This just added to Shaq's own manufactured him vs David fire.

Fabbs
Agree.
"Needs more help" doesn't have to mean more players.
Means Wade needs to stop his suckage. Last year while LeBron did not close well he did plenty to put Miami in a position to win. Up 13 pts in the 4th and about to go up 3-1? Wade dumbassed showboating and premature celebrating is what let _allas Mavs creep back in for the steal.

Bosh being injured is an issue.

Stop yer hatin.

VBM
06-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Not sure a dude with a Torn ACL and similar big-game-choking issues would be much help to Lebron.

You can't account for freak injuries, but you can account for age. Besides, Chicago offered a much more balanced team that wouldn't have had to completely gut its roster to take LeBron.

tesseractive
06-13-2012, 12:57 PM

They would have flattened the league last year, and they would have been a strong contender this year even with the injuries, thanks to all the other talent on that Chicago team.

Clipper Nation
06-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Barkley's right tbh. Wade is useless and so is anyone else on the Heat not named LeBron or Bosh. At best, the Heat are playing 2-on-8 this series (factoring in all the ref coddling that the Thunder get).

LnGrrrR
06-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Barkley's right tbh. Wade is useless and so is anyone else on the Heat not named LeBron or Bosh. At best, the Heat are playing 2-on-8 this series (factoring in all the ref coddling that the Thunder get).

That's Lebron's fault. He knew going to a team with Wade that they wouldn't have as much money to assemble a strong bench roster. He rolled the dice. If they win the Finals this year, he'll be vindicated. If not... he'll still be the best player without a ring.

ducks
06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
wade,bosh and james knee with their contracts they would get below average plauyers or vets that would want to get a title with them
battier,miller did
they should have yes should have taken less money and got a better bench if they need more help

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Pretty sorry comment by Sir Charles. As if he has less help than when he was in Cleveland. LeBron has played great these playoffs, and he doesn't need any excuses for his own individual play. But this "needs more help" excuse no longer applies to LeBron. He has plenty of quality teammates now. He has a guy in Wade who while not playing consistently great is still one of the best players in the league. Bosh isn't 100% but it's the NBA Finals and that's no excuse. And people have lauded long and hard enough over how good guys like Miller, Battier, Chalmers, and Haslem are as secondary role players. It cannot be an excuse for LeBron or the Heat. Even if OKC is a better team, better constructed roster, better mix of players, it's not like the Heat are totally unmatched. The "needs more help" excuse is pathetic. He has enough talent around him. If OKC wins, it's because they played better as a team than the Heat did. It won't be because LeBron doesn't have enough help.

As the best basketball player on the planet, it is now incumbant of LeBron to adjust his game any way possible in order to get the most out of his teammates to translate it to wins and a championship. If he does that, he'll get all the glory he wants and deserves. If not, he'll catch the brunt of the criticism. That's just all part of the deal when you're the biggest and best superstar in the league.

Spot on Jammie. :tu

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 04:45 PM
HH - get your sweet and sour chicken ass in here and :downspin: this shit. :lol

Top 2 SG (2nd to Kobe :toast)
Top 5 PF
Top 2 SF (2nd to KD :toast)

Shaq and Kobe had less of a supporting cast - yet they 3peated

#OVERRATED

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 04:46 PM
he does need more help..wade and bosh need to step it the fuck up

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 04:47 PM
HH - get your sweet and sour chicken ass in here and :downspin: this shit. :lol

Top 2 SG (2nd to Kobe :toast)
Top 5 PF
Top 2 SF (2nd to KD :toast)

Shaq and Kobe had less of a supporting cast - yet they 3peated

#OVERRATED

horry and fisher carried kobe to those championships they have more rings :rollin

thats the dumbass shitty logic you follow right? sucks to suck

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2012, 05:00 PM
horry and fisher carried kobe to those championships they have more rings :rollin

1 Ring? Fuck Yo Dreams Clown :lol

LkrFan
06-13-2012, 05:00 PM

We had the best SG and best C - that was it. The rest were mostly cast offs that played off of superstars really well but wouldn't be half as good playing as a starter elsewhere. During their 3peat championship runs, name one of the supporting cast (minus Glen Rice) that even made an all star team. Now contrast that to the 2011-2012 Hype teams. They've had several yet they can't seem to win - even with 3 "superstars" on the same roster. Dirk was the only superstar on the Mavs last year v. The Hype. Who won? The Hype are disgustingly pathetic tbh.

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2012, 05:01 PM
That's Lebron's fault. He knew going to a team with Wade that they wouldn't have as much money to assemble a strong bench roster. He rolled the dice. If they win the Finals this year, he'll be vindicated. If not... he'll still be the best player without a ring.

I can live with that :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2012, 05:03 PM

the bottom line is Harding didn't even show up to play and them niggas still won...Lebron worried about stopping KD what in the fuck will the Heat do when KD, Westbrook, and Harding are all clicking...

man the Heat are finna fuck around and get swept in this bitch...watch what I tell ya :lol

DMC
06-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Everyone in the league who doesn't win this year needs more help.

Shitty excuse.

DMC
06-13-2012, 05:08 PM

Proof:

Horry also carried the Spurs to 2 and the Rockets to 2

Fisher carried the Thunder to the Finals this year.

tesseractive
06-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Maybe if LeBron goes and signs with OKC and plays with Durant and Westbrook he'll have enough help.

UZER
06-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Most athletes who fail to get it done year after year will eventually start getting the sympathy vote from fans. That's just the way it is. You make still not like them, but you start to empathize with them. It's just human nature. Even guys that can be punks or overly arrogant, if they stick it out with their team, you will eventually find yourself rooting for them.

Lebron gets no sympathy because he brought it upon himself.

*He has Chosen 1 tatted across his back.

*His "I'm a winner, I don't shake hands" comment.

*The confiscated dunk video

*He had every right to leave Cleveland, but to do it on a one hr special broadcast just for his decision has never been done before.

*His premeditated defect to the super team in Miami which was perceived to be like a short cut to trying to ring.

*He made the "not one, not two...." comment.

Despite all of that, I was actually starting to feel my dislike of him losing some steam. He was balling and keeping his mouth shut, and looked like he was on a mission.

But then he comes out with that ridiculous and unnecessary XVI mouthpiece. Somehow, someway, he has to bring the attention to himself. In in instant, I was reminded why I cannot stand this guy and hope he never rings.

HarlemHeat37
06-13-2012, 05:48 PM
^^ other than the "not one, not 2" incident, those are terrible reasons..

As for Lebron's support..

Miami in the playoffs with Lebron on the court: 47% from the field
Miami with Lebron on the bench: 31% from the field

UZER
06-13-2012, 05:55 PM

So you were ok with the one hour ESPN special where he slapped Cleveland in the face in front of the whole world just for the kids?

HarlemHeat37
06-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I was fine with him donating 6 million $ for charity from that 1-hour special..

lurker
06-13-2012, 06:00 PM
You can be a douchebag as long as you donate money gained from your douchiness to charity. Good to know.

Clipper Nation
06-13-2012, 06:11 PM
That's Lebron's fault. He knew going to a team with Wade that they wouldn't have as much money to assemble a strong bench roster. He rolled the dice. If they win the Finals this year, he'll be vindicated. If not... he'll still be the best player.
Fixed that for you

Clipper Nation
06-13-2012, 06:13 PM
So you were ok with the one hour ESPN special where he slapped Cleveland in the face in front of the whole world just for the kids?
He also slapped Chicago, New Jersey, NYC, and LA in the face... the difference is, the rest of us sucked it up and got over it. At least LeBron manned up and told his decision from the source instead of making up new childish lies every five minutes like Dwight. Every star should have to do what LeBron did and reveal where they're signing on live TV.

UZER
06-13-2012, 06:35 PM
He also slapped Chicago, New Jersey, NYC, and LA in the face... the difference is, the rest of us sucked it up and got over it. At least LeBron manned up and told his decision from the source instead of making up new childish lies every five minutes like Dwight. Every star should have to do what LeBron did and reveal where they're signing on live TV.

What? Those other cities never had him on their roster. He wined and dined them on his own time, he didn't divorce them on national tv.

And it was a combination of both leaving on national tv, and joining the super team. He seemed like he was trying to win as fast as possible to help save his "brand". He wants to be perceived as the man, but his actions show different.

The more he fails in 4th quarters, the worse he looks.

Latarian Milton
06-13-2012, 08:06 PM
bron needs some help now imho, wade needs to play better & take some pressure off his shoulder while guys like battier/chalmers should continue their good forms displayed last night, hitting open 3's when the OKCunts double up our nigga bron or wade

DMC
06-13-2012, 08:27 PM
You can be a douchebag as long as you donate money gained from your douchiness to charity. Good to know.
Worked for Bill Gates.

dbreiden83080
06-13-2012, 08:38 PM
When Wade and Bosh play like that

yeah he does...

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2012, 08:59 PM

the 1000 pound elephant in the room that we want to conveniently overlook is the fact that Lebron doesn't make his teammates better....he does not know how to lead and inspire..can he score a ton of points sure...but that doesn't inspire his teammates...he doesn't seem to know how to think the game...he's only focused on getting his shots and bulling his way to the basket..I personally haven't seen the intellectual part of his game like you see with Kobe's...Lebron hasn't shown me he can coach his teammates and strategize with them on opposing defensive sets..

He might be dumb as box of rocks for all we know :lol

tesseractive
06-13-2012, 09:28 PM
the 1000 pound elephant in the room that we want to conveniently overlook is the fact that Lebron doesn't make his teammates better

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I don't even like LeBron. But that's one of the dumbest things ever posted.

gaKNOW!blee
06-13-2012, 09:33 PM

I believe you, but do you have a link to that?

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2012, 09:38 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I don't even like LeBron. But that's one of the dumbest things ever posted.

why because he gets assists..assists don't mean shit except that your teammates hit open shots when you passed to them...he doesn't have the drive to inspire...he's not a vocal leader...he doesn't put pressure on his teammates like Kobe does...he clowns around and plays to dam much...

Kobe's steely and cold demeanor will make or break you...you know when you step on the court with that nigga you have to perform or else that's your ass...and in my opinion that is how you make your teammates better in the long term..make them feel pressure and if they have a nut sack they'll respond...

My cousin used to do that to me growing up...Niggas would compliment me on my game and my cousin would say he ain't shit because he can't handle pressure...they pressed me and I would fuck off the game...that shit actually made me a better player...that's how you inspire..I just don't see it in Lebron....he's more concerned with his head band not coming off...:lol

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Lebron doesn't make his teammates better....he does not know how to lead and inspire..can he score a ton of points sure...but that doesn't inspire his teammates

:lol sounds a lot like kobe

Koolaid_Man
06-13-2012, 09:47 PM
:lol sounds a lot like kobe

So does 5 rings

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 09:50 PM
So does 5 rings

reminds me of fisher actually

o wait he might get 6 soon

The Batman
06-13-2012, 09:54 PM
So does 5 rings
Vanessa took half so thats

Vanessa:
2.5 of Kobe's rings
1 Engagement ring
1 wedding ring
1 big ass diamond got caught cheating ring

tesseractive
06-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Kobe's steely and cold demeanor will make or break you...you know when you step on the court with that nigga you have to perform or else that's your ass...and in my opinion that is how you make your teammates better in the long term..make them feel pressure and if they have a nut sack they'll respond...

So scapegoating your teammates for your shitty shot selection and throwing them under the bus to the press is the best way to make your teammates better?

:lmao

Holy fuck, now I have truly heard everything.

SamoanTD
06-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Lebron definitely needs help from Dwade. Dwade needs to average 26-30pts a game plus miami's role players have to give there 10pt games. Also Chris bosh has to be a PF instead of a SG but that's not going to happen I don't see Miami winning more than 1 game honestly. OKC will play even better from the start of game 2 they shook off the first game gitters if Miami was going to steal a game it was game 1. Game 2 OKC is going to punch them in the mouth from the start and are going to pour it on from there right now KD is playing like he will not be denied right now.

da_suns_fan
06-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Barkley would be an incredibly shitty GM.

I wouldnt want anyone who didnt work hard and Charles Barkley never worked hard at anything besides having fun.

dbreiden83080
06-13-2012, 10:29 PM

Vanessa:
2.5 of Kobe's rings
1 Engagement ring
1 wedding ring

She actually took him back again..

stretch
06-13-2012, 10:39 PM
But this "needs more help" excuse no longer applies to LeBron. He has plenty of quality teammates now.

I don't know if Barkley necessarily was saying that he needs better teammates. I think he was more so saying that the teammates need to step up and do shit consistently.

Also, yes he has great talent around him, but a poor mix of talent to compliment Lebron. Replace Wade or Bosh with someone like Pau Gasol, and the Heat are going for their second straight title, no question about it.

dbreiden83080
06-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Replace Wade or Bosh with someone like Pau Gasol.

:lol:lol:lol

One of the biggest and softest bitches in league history...

pass1st
06-13-2012, 11:18 PM

Vanessa:
2.5 of Kobe's rings
1 Engagement ring
1 wedding ring

That shtick doesn't work anymore, tbh. They reconciled like everybody knew they would

The Batman
06-13-2012, 11:23 PM
That shtick doesn't work anymore, tbh. They reconciled like everybody knew they would
Took 3 houses to do so.

da_suns_fan
06-13-2012, 11:23 PM
I remember other fans saying the Suns wouldnt be able to keep JJ, Marion, Amare on Nash on the same team back in 2005.

Im going to go cry now.

pass1st
06-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Took 3 houses to do so.

Kobe spends more money on her in a year than the net worth of all 3 mansions, pretty irrelevant tbh. It also took a church, funny you missed that part.

The Batman
06-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Kobe spends more money on her in a year than the net worth of all 3 mansions, pretty irrelevant tbh. It also took a church, funny you missed that part.
Gotta give Vanessa credit tho, she's a pimp. She fucks all the trainers she wants, and still treats Kobe like a dirty whore.

pass1st
06-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Gotta give Vanessa credit tho, she's a pimp. She fucks all the trainers she wants, and still treats Kobe like a dirty whore.

Isn't that most women?

The Batman
06-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Isn't that most women?
Yup. That's why I don't get attached, they become attached. :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-21-2012, 10:33 PM
:lol..

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Kobe 5

Lebron 1, Dirk 1, and Duncan 4