PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Ending - Streak to Blame?

Embedded
06-13-2012, 02:42 PM
I am still struggling withhow a team goes 20 wins in a row, including the playoffs, then loses 4 in a row against a team they just beat twice in a row. I am convinced that they hadn't lost in so long that they didn't know how to handle losing. Maybe that's why Pop kills streaks.

We seemed discombobulated after that loss. I feel horrible for my Spurs, gosh, how embarrasing.

My only consolation will be seeing the Heatles denied a championship.

tesseractive
06-13-2012, 02:47 PM
I am still struggling withhow a team goes 20 wins in a row, including the playoffs, then loses 4 in a row against a team they just beat twice in a row. I am convinced that they hadn't lost in so long that they didn't know how to handle losing. Maybe that's why Pop kills streaks.

We seemed discombobulated after that loss. I feel horrible for my Spurs, gosh, how embarrasing.

My only consolation will be seeing the Heatles denied a championship.

OKC was a buzz saw, but it took them 2 games to realize it.

Budkin
06-13-2012, 02:49 PM
One of the most painful series losses ever.

SamoanTD
06-13-2012, 03:01 PM
We need more threads like this:bang.

ace3g
06-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Not sure if this was posted yet:

Has some BTS I hadn't seen before, especially SJAX at the end.

cMxpR5pxZow&feature=g-all-u

Budkin
06-13-2012, 03:25 PM
No more... ugh.

Legacy
06-13-2012, 04:15 PM
No more... ugh.

I agree. We need to move on and heal, guys.

ace3g
06-13-2012, 04:50 PM
While 3 point shooting fell apart, those said shooters didn't have a reliable pump fake and attack the basket move when the shots weren't falling. It is too late for Bonner to add that to his game but if Green wants to develop to the next level he must.

Players have to realize that even if shooting is their specialty, shots won't always go in, you have to able to drive the basket sometimes to keep defense honest. Green hadn't been a good finisher even when his shot was falling. Neal has that ability but he is still short and has to put up tough shots most of the time in the paint.

Parker on the other hand, wish he could develop a reliable 3 point shot so when teams pack the paint, is able to go around screens and shoot at the top of the arc.

therealtruth
06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
While 3 point shooting fell apart, those said shooters didn't have a reliable pump fake and attack the basket move when the shots weren't falling. It is too late for Bonner to add that to his game but if Green wants to develop to the next level he must.

Players have to realize that even if shooting is their specialty, shots won't always go in, you have to able to drive the basket sometimes to keep defense honest. Green hadn't been a good finisher even when his shot was falling. Neal has that ability but he is still short and has to put up tough shots most of the time in the paint.

Parker on the other hand, wish he could develop a reliable 3 point shot so when teams pack the paint, is able to go around screens and shoot at the top of the arc.

I can't understand why Parker's never bothered to become a more accurate 3pt shooter. It would make his game much easier because it would then be easier to get to the rim.

therealtruth
06-13-2012, 07:36 PM

I think the first option should be a pullup jumpshot. The player should really only drive if he has an open lane to the basket or the ability to make a play of the dribble.

BackHome
06-13-2012, 11:07 PM
I put it on on Gingers big read sackless head...........BONNER MUST GO.....I am healing guys....honest..:blah

Spur|n|Austin
06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
:wakeup

TampaDude
06-14-2012, 01:47 PM
I guess it would not have seemed so bad if the Spurs had gone WLLWLL or something like that. The end result is the same. It is what it is.

Comin' back in 2013, too!!!

SenorSpur
06-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Yes it's rather shocking the way the Spurs collapsed but not surprising considering the fact that the Spurs never really addressed their frontcourt issues..

^ This

Spurs heavily relied on the 3pt shot as they often times managed to either keep games close, make (comeback) runs, or win by double digits.

Once they went cold from behind the arc coupled with the fact that their interior defense is suspect, this collapse wasn't surprising.

^And this.

The Spurs, like a lot of teams, were TOO reliant on 3-pt shooting. The winning streak also did make everyone forget about the one glaring weakness with the Spurs - their very poor interior defense. Unfortunately for them, they ran into a team that was just as proficient getting to the rim, as they were shooting from the outside.

TampaDude
06-14-2012, 04:29 PM
The Spurs, like a lot of teams, were TOO reliant on 3-pt shooting. The winning streak also did make everyone forget about the one glaring weakness with the Spurs - their very poor interior defense. Unfortunately for them, they ran into a team that was just as proficient getting to the rim, as they were shooting from the outside.

So, do you think we would have lost to the Lakers in the WCF?

therealtruth
06-14-2012, 05:06 PM
So, do you think we would have lost to the Lakers in the WCF?

Pop never played Splitter and Duncan together which was our strongest interior defense. I can't understand why Pop demoted Tiago to backup center after using him as the third big against the Clippers. Initially I guess he thought Bonner could have made a difference in the series but he never adjusted.