PDA

View Full Version : Chavez versus Globalist New World Order

Nbadan
06-13-2012, 03:33 PM
You know the fact that the head of the World Bank wants Chavez to lose should really send up warning signs the posters here who support Capriles. I mean when has the World Bank ever been on the side of the poor?

"World Bank President Robert Zoellick said Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez’s “days are numbered” economically and politically and that the region should prepare to move into a new era of democracy on his eventual exit."

"“Chavez’s days are numbered,” Zoellick said. “If his subsidies to Cuba and Nicaragua are cut, those regimes will be in trouble. There will be an opportunity to make the Western Hemisphere the first democratic hemisphere. Not a place of coups, caudillos, and cocaine -- but of democracy, development, and dignity.”

"Chavez often criticizes the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund for being instruments of what he calls the U.S. “empire” and for dictating market-friendly policies that fail to improve the lives of the region’s poor.

Venezuela sends Cuba about 100,000 barrels of oil a day in exchange for more than 20,000 doctors who work in state-run Venezuelan clinics. Nicaragua also receives oil from Venezuela, through the Petrocaribe agreement, which is repaid over as many as 25 years and can include food and textiles as payment."

"Chavez said in January that he’s pulling Venezuela from the World Bank’s arbitration court -- the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes, known as ICSID -- this year as investment dispute cases have mounted against the South American country after a wave of nationalizations. He also threatened to withdraw from the IMF in 2007. "

This article is a few days old so I don't think it belongs in LBN, so I thought I'd share it here. Oh, and is it just me or is it whenever these 1%ers talk about "democracy" and "development" they really mean "democracy for the rich, slavery for the poor"

Here is the full like if you want to read it: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-06-08/world-bank-chief-zoellick-says-chavez-s-days-are-numbered

Translation: Freedom for Multinational Corporations to come in transfer all public wealth to private hands, and to steal every resource they can find.

boutons_deux
06-13-2012, 04:51 PM
yeah, right USA/CIA/UCA has never fucked around south of border to meddle in sovereign countries' affairs.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah and the fact Chavez has spent the better part of the last year threatening to use force to mantain power if the elections don't go his way should really tell you how fucking ignorant you are to Venezuela's state of events. Your boy has practically come out and admitted he won't relinquish power and you're still dropping your pants a the mere mention of him.

Jesus ficking christ, just shut the fuck up about things you know nothing about! Idiotic idealists who just selectively watch and hear whatever the fuck they need to hear to help their bullshit warped views of how the world should work are the main reason pieces of shit ilke Chavez stay in power for more than a decade.

And you know what? Chavez is a symptom of the utter and complete ignorance running rampant through most of Venezuelas population and that's fine, but idiots like you who are educated should really know better than to champion this populist piece of crap when you clearly haven't got your facts together, I don't give a shit how many times you can quote "The revolution won't be televized" you fucking lemming!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Let me ask you something. Do you know what the price of the oil barrel was when Chavez came into power? Somewhere around 10 dollars a barrel... What's the price of the barrel at today? around 100 dollars a barrel. That's right, 10 fucking times as much as during any Venezuelan government prior to Chavez'.

Care to hazard a guess as to how much money that is? or should be? you'd think with that increase in capital he'd be able to reduce poverty levels in Venezuela at least somewhat, you know, him being the protector of the poor and all.

He hasn't even made a fucking dent. Now you tell me, where is all that money going? I'll tell you where its going, the acquisition of armament for his military, the buying of votes and his own pockets, that's where. Its so plainly obvious (the man doesn't even try and hide it) only someone as fucking blind as you would fail to see it. Unfortunately there are quite a few of you.

clambake
06-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Let me ask you something. Do you know what the price of the oil barrel was when Chavez came into power? Somewhere around 10 dollars a barrel... What's the price of the barrel at today? around 100 dollars a barrel. That's right, 10 fucking times as much as during any Venezuelan government prior to Chavez'.

Care to hazard a guess as to how much money that is? or should be? you'd think with that increase in capital he'd be able to reduce poverty levels in Venezuela at least somewhat, you know, him being the protector of the poor and all.

He hasn't even made a fucking dent. Now you tell me, where is all that money going? I'll tell you where its going, the acquisition of armament for his military, the buying of votes and his own pockets, that's where. Its so plainly obvious (the man doesn't even try and hide it) only someone as fucking blind as you would fail to see it. Unfortunately there are quite a few of you.

tbh, sounds like a republican hero.

Nbadan
06-16-2012, 12:23 AM
tbh, sounds like a republican hero.

No doubt....maybe this is really why the IMF wants Chavez gone

BP Announces that Venezuela Now Have the Largest Oil Reserves in the World
By Charles Kennedy | Thu, 14 June 2012 22:31

BP has just released its annual Statistical Review of World Energy in which it claims that Venezuela now holds the largest proven oil reserves in the world, overtaking the original leader Saudi Arabia.

The South American nation’s oil deposits were increased from last year’s figure to an estimated at 296.5 billion barrels, more than Saudi Arabia’s 265.4 billion barrels.

Global reserves have been increased by 1.9 percent from last year’s 1.62 trillion barrels to 1.65 trillion. Robert Wine, a spokesman from BP, explained that the reason for the revisions is that BP’s review is published in June, before most countries issue their annual reserve figures.

Last year’s average oil price was also at record levels which meant that lots of hard-to-reach oil deposits became commercially viable. North Sea Brent crude oil, a general benchmark for most of the world’s oil, averaged $107.38 a barrel in 2011.

http://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/BP-Announces-that-Venezuela-Now-Have-the-Largest-Oil-Reserves-in-the-World.html

I hear Chavez is stockpiling WMDs!..

Nbadan
06-16-2012, 12:28 AM
Chavez may not be Mubarak or even Ghadafi... who wingers here seem to support, but...

Venezuela among the Happiest Countries of Latin America
Friday 01 June 2012

The World Happiness Report 2012 presented by Columbia University, USA, recognized Venezuela as the happiest country in South America and placed it among the first in Latin America.

According to that report, Venezuelans also stand out for being in the place 19 among the happiest nations worldwide on a list of 156, up from Spain, Mexico and Brazil, among others.

A press release from the Ministry for Communication and Information disclosed that the Latin America country is only surpassed by Costa Rica, which ranks 12 in the list.

The world's happiest countries are the Nordic countries Denmark, Finland, Norway and Holland, in contrast to the most unhappy countries: Togo, Benin, Central African Republic, Sierra Leone and Burundi in Africa.

http://www.insidecostarica.com/dailynews/2012/june/01/latinlamerica12060101.htm

mavs>spurs
06-16-2012, 12:31 AM
^agreed but the first source is wrong...Venezuala is 2nd. The US actually has the largest reserves in the world but we don't drill any of it.