PDA

View Full Version : The similarity of Spurfan behavior in June of 2012 to Sunfan behavior in June of 2007

Goran Dragic
06-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Poll coming. This thread is a discussion of how Spurs fans are currently acting versus how Suns fans acted in 2007.

DMC
06-13-2012, 05:06 PM
The backdoor Skunker!!!

timtonymanu
06-13-2012, 05:19 PM
It's really unbearable upstairs.

:cry The Spurs lost an 18 point lead because of the refs. :cry

Reck
06-13-2012, 05:25 PM
I'd say most Spurs fan, including myself glorified them this year.

After they took 2 away from OKC I was saying stupid shit like this is the Spurs year and whatnot.

Dex
06-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I blame Jupiter.

FkLA
06-13-2012, 05:35 PM
I understand being butthurt about the loss, cause I am. But you have to be reasonable about it, its annoying when you go into a Finals thread/game thread...and instead of talking about the Finals all you see spurfan doing is saying how the Thunder made that shot against Spurs, the Spurs didnt get this call the Heat got, the Thunder made all their FTs vs Spurs, the Thunder played better defense vs Spurs, Spurs were so unlucky, etc.

lurker
06-13-2012, 05:55 PM
I understand being butthurt about the loss, cause I am. But you have to be reasonable about it, its annoying when you go into a Finals thread/game thread...and instead of talking about the Finals all you see spurfan doing is saying how the Thunder made that shot against Spurs, the Spurs didnt get this call the Heat got, the Thunder made all their FTs vs Spurs, the Thunder played better defense vs Spurs, Spurs were so unlucky, etc.
That was driving me crazy in the game thread. I don't give a shit what the Thunder did or didn't do in the Spurs series. They won, Spurs lost, get over it.

Goran Dragic
06-13-2012, 05:58 PM
:lol for the two mongoloids who voted for "both glorify their teams"....are you saying Spurs fans don't currently blame refs, claim conspiracy or accept the loss :lmao

Reck
06-13-2012, 06:02 PM
:lol for the two mongoloids who voted for "both glorify their teams"....are you saying Spurs fans don't currently blame refs, claim conspiracy or accept the loss :lmao

Hey tard I was one of those who voted for glorified their team.

I cant speak for the masses but I personally didn't blame the refs, claim a comspiracy against the Spurs or whatever.

As a matter of fact, outside BR, who the fuck has a conspiracy theory here?

tesseractive
06-13-2012, 06:04 PM

Some Spurs fans absolutely do -- you'll always have some losers whining about the fix being in. But it's still not remotely to the extent of the Phoenix fans. Those folks just became completely unhinged en masse.

Goran Dragic
06-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Hey tard I was one of those who voted for glorified their team.

I cant speak for the masses but I personally didn't blame the refs, claim a comspiracy against the Spurs or whatever.

As a matter of fact, outside BR, who the fuck has a conspiracy theory here?
:lol I was asking about the masses, not whoever was voting in particular.

As for "who claims conspiracy outside of BR"....just off the top of my head...

Fabbs
Galileo
TJastal
Kidd K

Goran Dragic
06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
But it's still not remotely to the extent of the Phoenix fans. Those folks just became completely unhinged en masse.
Of all the Suns boards I've been on/lurked during the 2007 fiasco, none of them were one tenth as whiny as this board was after losing to OKC. I don't remember Phoenix fans spamming Suns forums with :cryI'm done with the NBA after tonight!:cry threads

Pelicans78
06-13-2012, 06:11 PM
To be honest, the Suns had a much better argument.

Reck
06-13-2012, 06:14 PM
:lol I was asking about the masses, not whoever was voting in particular.

As for "who claims conspiracy outside of BR"....just off the top of my head...

Fabbs
Galileo
TJastal
Kidd K

Outside of Kidd K I dont see those listed above much. Maybe I should post with more regularity upstairs.

And if you want a fair poll, dont add all of the above because you are bound to get a biased response from the haters regardless if they whined about everything or not.

For example, someone like Kool would vote "all of the above" just to spite.

Latarian Milton
06-13-2012, 07:52 PM
spurs never got refs favor and the refs in 07 ain't nearly that bad as those in spurs - OKC series this year imho, suns fans who blamed them refs in 07 were just stupid as fuck

FkLA
06-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Ive never understood the logic behind saying the NBA purposely rigged 07' in favor of the Spurs. They were a ratings disaster so financially it made no sense. Atleast with the Lakers, Heatles, Thunder you can point to financial reasons to back up a farfetched conspiracy theory.

scanry
06-13-2012, 09:02 PM
The Suns fans were frustrated about the suspensions, but 5 years down the line, everyone in the NBA now respects that rule. Too bad it came at the expense of the Suns franchise, but game 7 could've gone either way, just as it would've been with the Spurs - OKC.

Watching the Finals makes me wonder if the Thunder have any weaknesses? The scary part is if Lebron and Wade can't stop them, who can? :wow

The NBA is royally f@cked if the Thunder can keep that core together for the next decade. Only thing stopping them from winning multiple championships would be if Durant or Westbrook get injured. They are very reminiscent of the Kobe-Shaq Lakers where Shaq is KD and Kobe is RW. Atleast Kobe didn't go on a chucking spree until 2004. Westbrook is 4 years ahead of wanting to be the man. :lol

FkLA
06-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Niggas need to do their homework tbh. Both Durant and Westbrook are signed to long-term max deals. Perkins is signed to a nice little contract too. Both Harden and Ibaka become FAs after next season. Its basically impossible for them to keep those five players together past 2013.

scanry
06-13-2012, 09:38 PM
^
Thunder will amnesty Perkins to sign up Ibaka & they would be foolish to match Harden as he is a RFA. They obviously have his Bird rights so they wouldn't be too concerned. IMO he signs for less this off season (ala Ginobili in 2004).

They will be over the cap, but i think they can afford it.

tesseractive
06-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Of all the Suns boards I've been on/lurked during the 2007 fiasco, none of them were one tenth as whiny as this board was after losing to OKC. I don't remember Phoenix fans spamming Suns forums with :cryI'm done with the NBA after tonight!:cry threads

I remember some pretty fucking whiny Phoenix fans, even a couple of years later.

I think the thing that really blew the minds of Spurs fans was pissing away a 2-0 lead and a 20-game win streak in 4 straight. The ref complaints were just blame shifting.

da_suns_fan
06-13-2012, 10:16 PM

You must not have been here, then. Everyone was whining, not just Suns fans.

And I dont seem to remember the Spurs not having Duncan and Stephen Jackson for a pivotal game 5 at home.

Was it the Suns' own fault? Yes. But comparing the two is ridiculous. Even Popovic claimed he didnt want to win "that way". I dont know if the Suns were better or not, the series was tied after 4 games. I just would have liked to see how it would have panned out.

FkLA
06-13-2012, 10:18 PM
^
Thunder will amnesty Perkins to sign up Ibaka & they would be foolish to match Harden as he is a RFA. They obviously have his Bird rights so they wouldn't be too concerned. IMO he signs for less this off season (ala Ginobili in 2004).

They will be over the cap, but i think they can afford it.

Spurs were extremely lucky, man. Not only is Manu a classy human being but the Spurs snagged him to an unreal deal at the perfect time. If he wouldve become a FA in the summer of 05' after what he did in the Olympics and his great 05' playoffs...he gets offered near max money at the very least from multiple teams and its a toss-up whether the Spurs retain him.

Harden has already showed more in his rookie contract than Manu did his first two years and will likely be even better next season. Harden will get offered what Manu wouldve been offered in the summer of 05', and its very unlikely OKC can match. If they do Ibaka is gone and theyll have to surround their Big 3 with limited role players like Miami has done.

mavs>spurs
06-13-2012, 10:20 PM
they should let chimp go before losing harden and ibaka but they already signed him to a huge contract like dummies

FkLA
06-13-2012, 10:47 PM
^or atlease not signed him to the max, then they wouldve had some kind of chance to retain harden and ibaka

Parker-4 yrs 50 mill
Rondo-5 yrs 55 mill
Westbrook-5 yrs 80 mill

:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-14-2012, 12:01 AM
You must not have been here, then. Everyone was whining, not just Suns fans.

And I dont seem to remember the Spurs not having Duncan and Stephen Jackson for a pivotal game 5 at home.

Was it the Suns' own fault? Yes. But comparing the two is ridiculous. Even Popovic claimed he didnt want to win "that way". I dont know if the Suns were better or not, the series was tied after 4 games. I just would have liked to see how it would have panned out.
Thank you. You were pissed at the situation but you're accepting of the fact the Suns brought that on themselves. Spurfans made literally hundreds of threads after game 6 whining incessantly about the officials acting like it wasn't the Spurs' fault at all that they blew an 18 point lead.

scanry
06-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Dok, i remember lurking around in that AZcentral site for a while and boy were they mad. Real talk, they were actually religiously routing for our lives all the way until 2010 WCSF. :lol Luckily you'all were able to sweep us.

Some buthurt fans of ours will never get their redemption. OKC is too darn good.

I'll say this again, Western Conference is f@cked for the next decade.

BTW where ever i went (RealGM, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, AZCentral, MSNSports and you name it), i would find Suns fans whining.