PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Dream Team

Gervin44Silas13
06-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Awesome documentary....last nite...
David had alot of TV....very surprized....I didn't expect for D. Rob to get alot of air time.....enjoyed it though....highly recomend!!!!
:flag:

slacker77
06-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Shit!I forgot that it was on.

lefty
06-14-2012, 08:48 AM
" Isiah was dirty " :cry
" No, it wasnt because of MJ " :cry
" Laetner deserved to be on the team " :cry

jimo2305
06-14-2012, 10:39 AM
missed it.. any idea where i can catch it online? /noCable

SamoanTD
06-14-2012, 10:44 AM
missed it.. any idea where i can catch it online? /noCable

its posted in the nba section.

pookenstein
06-14-2012, 10:57 AM
its posted in the nba section.

Link is dead. This one still working atm. Not the best quality though.

cYlk_lxUO4o

loveforthegame
06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
I was a football fan growing up and I can't say why I watched this team at the time. But it's the reason I fell in love with basketball and haven't regretted a minute of it since.

This team was special and the documentary was an awesome look at it all over again.

SenorSpur
06-14-2012, 12:32 PM
" Isiah was dirty " :cry
" No, it wasnt because of MJ " :cry
" Laetner deserved to be on the team " :cry

At the time of the Dream team selection, I criticized the committee for the Thomas omission. I had forgotten all about him leading the unsportsmanlike protest at the end of the '91 ECF, when the Bulls finally got the best of the Pistons. It was Isiah who staged that memorable walkoff by the Pistons, refusing the congratulate the Bulls, as the game wound down - choosing instead to walk right past them in defiance.

Now after hearing various stories and seeing what a "bitch" Thomas really was, I certainly don't blame the players or the bigwigs for not wanting his punk-ass on the squad. In fact, I think it was justified.

I didn't realize how hated he was by so many, but I understand. It's no wonder the guy is now considered an NBA outcast.

pookenstein
06-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Better quality:

Yh6z7f8KN_I&hd=1

smaka
06-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Better quality:

Yh6z7f8KN_I&hd=1

Thanks! :toast

lefty
06-14-2012, 02:41 PM
At the time of the Dream team selection, I criticized the committee for the Thomas omission. I had forgotten all about him leading the unsportsmanlike protest at the end of the '91 ECF, when the Bulls finally got the best of the Pistons. It was Isiah who staged that memorable walkoff by the Pistons, refusing the congratulate the Bulls, as the game wound down - choosing instead to walk right past them in defiance.

Now after hearing various stories and seeing what a "bitch" Thomas really was, I certainly don't blame the players or the bigwigs for not wanting his punk-ass on the squad. In fact, I think it was justified.

I didn't realize how hated he was by so many, but I understand. It's no wonder the guy is now considered an NBA outcast.
Yeah but their decision was personal

Resentment I say

Basically USA Basketball wanted MJ so bad they ditched Isiah

It was an " it's either him or me" thing

jimo2305
06-14-2012, 05:06 PM
thx pookenstein! let's hope that vid is still up by the time i get home

Drachen
06-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah but their decision was personal

Resentment I say

Basically USA Basketball wanted MJ so bad they ditched Isiah

It was an " it's either him or me" thing

right choice, tbh.

BatManu20
06-14-2012, 05:48 PM
D Rob got a lot of face time. Wish they would've shown some more of his dunks though. He had a ton.

BatManu20
06-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Better quality:

Yh6z7f8KN_I&hd=1

Great documentary. Greatest team ever assembled in pro sports, hands down.

lefty
06-14-2012, 09:39 PM
right choice, tbh.

Dirty or not, Isiah was a legend

He deserved to be on the team

After they announced the roster, Isiah bukkaked Stockton in Salt Lake City
Something like 45 pts :lol

alamo50
06-15-2012, 08:48 AM
That link was good while it lasted.
It's been deleted due to copyright.
Now I have to wait till it's shown on ESPN America over here in Europe.

TampaDude
06-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Broadcast schedule:

• 'The Dream Team' on NBA TV (all times ET)
June 13: 9 p.m., 10:30 p.m.
June 14: 2 a.m.
June 15: 10:30 p.m.
June 16: 12 a.m.
June 17: 4 p.m.
June 20: 5:30 p.m.

Legacy
06-17-2012, 12:44 AM
I was just a kid at the time, coming back from living overseas for 3 years and all -- but yep -- this is EXACTLY what got me so interested in the game of basketball. :wow

Going to Barcelona for my 21st birthday to see where it all happened was such a HUGE dream come true for me indeed! I'll never ever forget that wonderful experience. EVER. :D

Legacy
06-17-2012, 12:57 AM
That link was good while it lasted.
It's been deleted due to copyright.
Now I have to wait till it's shown on ESPN America over here in Europe.

I'll just wait and buy the DVD as usual. :p:

Vito Corleone
06-17-2012, 02:45 AM
I understand why they chose Laetner, but I still say it should have been Shaq. Ewing was the worst pick of the bunch. DRob should have been the starter. Olajuwon was still Nigerian so he wasn't available.

I remember jordan talking about practices and he said there were many times when Robinson was the best player on the court.

Legacy
06-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Here it is again, folks... just in case anyone wants to catch it before they take it down again.

Enjoy it quickly... while/if it lasts... :p:

b1hVVjMhuM8

blkroadrunners
06-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks Legacy :tu

Legacy
06-17-2012, 09:06 PM
:lol Wow. That link sure lasted a long time, didn't it?? ... Not even 2 hours after I posted it, and it's already ggoooonne... :cry

Sorry, folks -- I tried. :depressed

:sombrero: :downspin: :p:

SenorSpur
06-17-2012, 11:40 PM
I understand why they chose Laetner, but I still say it should have been Shaq. Ewing was the worst pick of the bunch. DRob should have been the starter. Olajuwon was still Nigerian so he wasn't available.

I remember jordan talking about practices and he said there were many times when Robinson was the best player on the court.

I always thought they should've selected Alonzo Mourning instead. He had the talent and the maturity level to have endured that experience. Shaq, on the other hand and given his cartoon, immature mind, would've likely pouted the entire time and made enemies of most everyone on the team. Very glad he wasn't considered or selected.

Capt Bringdown
06-17-2012, 11:41 PM
The Dream team killed my interest in Olympic basketball. The Olympics should be about the spirit of amateur sports.

It matters not if other countries allow their pros to compete - we're the US ffs. We could and should be able to win it all with our collegiates. I'm talking to you, John Thompson.

lefty
06-18-2012, 12:10 AM
The Dream team killed my interest in Olympic basketball. The Olympics should be about the spirit of amateur sports.

The goods :tu

Venti Quattro
06-18-2012, 02:04 AM

It matters not if other countries allow their pros to compete - we're the US ffs. We could and should be able to win it all with our collegiates. I'm talking to you, John Thompson.

Why should we penalize the NBA for sending pros? It's justifiable because the other teams are also sending pros AND they have NBA players too. So why wouldn't we send our best team?

Plus it's a great opportunity to spread the game and the NBA. They're basically destroyers slash ambassadors in the Olympics.

ambchang
06-18-2012, 08:17 PM
I always thought they should've selected Alonzo Mourning instead. He had the talent and the maturity level to have endured that experience. Shaq, on the other hand and given his cartoon, immature mind, would've likely pouted the entire time and made enemies of most everyone on the team. Very glad he wasn't considered or selected.

Alonzo Mourning was part of the embarrassment known as Dream Team II, mostly because of the shocking levels of immaturity and unsportsmanlike behavoiur of most of team members, including AM.

racm
06-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Why should we penalize the NBA for sending pros? It's justifiable because the other teams are also sending pros AND they have NBA players too. So why wouldn't we send our best team?

Plus it's a great opportunity to spread the game and the NBA. They're basically destroyers slash ambassadors in the Olympics.

Ever wonder why the USA team hasn't been as dominant since? It's because the other national teams have NBA caliber players.

2004 and Super Manu comes to mind.