View Full Version : Dream Team: The Documentary

Venti Quattro
06-14-2012, 08:51 AM
6DSJK4jo2wg

lefty
06-14-2012, 08:59 AM
" Isiah was dirty " :cry
" No, it wasnt because of MJ " :cry
" Laetner deserved to be on the team; it has nothing to do with him being really white or the mandatory college player " :cry

OKC Thunderstorm
06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Great documentary.

(1) The good: MJ seeking out Magic and demanding his place at the head of the table. I laugh when dumb-ass media types and polly-anna Duncan fans act like being "The Man" doesn't matter. Duncan is a humble star, Durant is too. But Kevin has a little bit of that MJ, Magic and Kobe swag that Timmy lacks. Both have the clutch gene, Duncan just lacks the alpha male gene. It's great knowing I have the the next torch bearer playing in my city.
(2) Chuck is hilarious. His takes sometimes suck, but his brutal honesty was refreshing.
(3) The scene with Bird getting the curtain call in Portland. Best shooter in NBA history BEFORE my Ni$$a KD was born.
(4) The MJ/Pipp beat-down of Kukoc
(5) Pippen admitting he did not want Isiah and subtly suggesting MJ did not either
(6) The cinematography at the end on my TV (just a Samsung HDTV no 3D) it was kind of a cool 3D effect when the players were showing off their medals.
(7) Chuck playing mind-games with the Dream Team letting the college kids bust their ass
(8) Chick (RIP) doing play-by-play >>>>>>> than Albert

Bad
(1) Not enough of the greatest game ever played. SI wrote a great story about the details of that game. Magic and Chucks squad was kicking ass but kept woofing at MJ who enabled God mode and wiped out the lead and obliterated the other team

Ugly
IF those rich world class athletes with access to personal trainers and chefs are all fat by age 50 (even MJ) what chance do I have? Only Stock, Pipp, Bird and David didnt look bloated, old or both.

Drachen
06-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Great documentary.

Ugly
IF those rich world class athletes with access to personal trainers and chefs are all fat by age 50 (even MJ) what chance do I have? Only Stock, Pipp, Bird and David didnt look bloated, old or both.

God, MJ looked horrible. It looked like his head got so fat that his eyes were being squeezed and were turning red from the pressure. Pip is in good shape but is one ugly mofo.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Great documentary.

(1) The good: MJ seeking out Magic and demanding his place at the head of the table. I laugh when dumb-ass media types and polly-anna Duncan fans act like being "The Man" doesn't matter. Duncan is a humble star, Durant is too. But Kevin has a little bit of that MJ, Magic and Kobe swag that Timmy lacks. Both have the clutch gene, Duncan just lacks the alpha male gene. It's great knowing I have the the next torch bearer playing in my city.
(2) Chuck is hilarious. His takes sometimes suck, but his brutal honesty was refreshing.
(3) The scene with Bird getting the curtain call in Portland. Best shooter in NBA history BEFORE my Ni$$a KD was born.
(4) The MJ/Pipp beat-down of Kukoc
(5) Pippen admitting he did not want Isiah and subtly suggesting MJ did not either
(6) The cinematography at the end on my TV (just a Samsung HDTV no 3D) it was kind of a cool 3D effect when the players were showing off their medals.
(7) Chuck playing mind-games with the Dream Team letting the college kids bust their ass
(8) Chick (RIP) doing play-by-play >>>>>>> than Albert

Bad
(1) Not enough of the greatest game ever played. SI wrote a great story about the details of that game. Magic and Chucks squad was kicking ass but kept woofing at MJ who enabled God mode and wiped out the lead and obliterated the other team

Ugly

what those faggs (led by MJ and Pip) did to Zeke was complete and utter Bullshit...Barkley seems to have always been an MJ jock carrying water boy...

At the time Zeke had more rings than MJ and yet some of those fags wanted him off the team...what I remember is that a prime Isaiah and his bad boys kicked the shit outta MJ and his Bulls...them niggas was jealous of Zeke plain and simple...you saw what Karl Malone's bitchass did to Zeke just because he gave Stockton the business on the regular...

Fuck that Dream Team of pussies..and yes that includes Magic..for acting like a bitchass along with them niggas...

rayjayjohnson
06-17-2012, 04:11 PM
:lol koolaid calling people bitches

HeatChamps
06-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Fuck those old geezers. The game has changed.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Fuck those old geezers. The game has changed.

:toast yes..thanks to Lebronze for the crab dribble :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2012, 04:20 PM
:lol koolaid calling people bitches

hey raygay - I'm not a bitch I'm a Ho....

difference is a Ho will fuck everyone while a bitch will only fuck you...:lol

HeatChamps
06-17-2012, 04:21 PM
:toast yes..thanks to Lebronze for the crab dribble :lol
How is your fishing trip going?

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2012, 04:27 PM
How is your fishing trip going?

caught 5 ringers..so not bad at all :lol

HeatChamps
06-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Too bad you didn't catch a Durant. Got struck by thunder in some bad weather.

cherylsteele
06-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Video removed by user

lefty
06-17-2012, 09:24 PM
what those faggs (led by MJ and Pip) did to Zeke was complete and utter Bullshit...Barkley seems to have always been an MJ jock carrying water boy...

At the time Zeke had more rings than MJ and yet some of those fags wanted him off the team...what I remember is that a prime Isaiah and his bad boys kicked the shit outta MJ and his Bulls...them niggas was jealous of Zeke plain and simple...you saw what Karl Malone's bitchass did to Zeke just because he gave Stockton the business on the regular...

Fuck that Dream Team of pussies..and yes that includes Magic..for acting like a bitchass along with them niggas...

Koolaid with the goods :tu

ezau
06-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Great documentary.

But Kevin has a little bit of that MJ, Magic and Kobe swag that Timmy lacks.

If you think Durant is an alpha male, then I dunno what you call Westbrook who seems to really have no respect for Durant :lol:lol.

With the way Westbrook plays and acts like "the man" for the
Sonics, it kinda reminds me of the Shaq/Kobe team in the past. Westbrook wants to have his own team and sooner or later, the Sonics would have to choose between Westbrook and Durant.

Venti Quattro
06-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Zeke was a bitch and a good 1/2 of the Dram team would not have played if he was on the team. Would you really have sacrificed 6 people just for Zeke to play in the Dream Team?

OKC Thunderstorm
06-18-2012, 10:08 AM
If you think Durant is an alpha male, then I dunno what you call Westbrook who seems to really have no respect for Durant :lol:lol.

With the way Westbrook plays and acts like "the man" for the
Sonics, it kinda reminds me of the Shaq/Kobe team in the past. Westbrook wants to have his own team and sooner or later, the Sonics would have to choose between Westbrook and Durant.

Though Durant has good handles for his size, problem is he (much like Shaq) still needs a guard to set him up. Westbrook is a shoot-first PG ...but if Durant were to respond publicly about lack of shots it could turn in to the Shaq/Kobe 2.0 and no one here in OKC wants that.
They have argued on the court plenty of times, especially last season. But you don't have to publicly bitch for more touches to be an alpha male.
My comment about swag was not trying to say that Duncan was NOT a great leader, he is. He and Durant are similar, but Durant has a swagger to his game that Timmy does not.

leemajors
06-18-2012, 10:29 AM
this documentary was pretty awesome, caught it saturday night. Drachen, given what they said about MJ's sleeping habits red eyes are not a surprise imo.

scanry
06-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Though Durant has good handles for his size, problem is he (much like Shaq) still needs a guard to set him up. Westbrook is a shoot-first PG ...but if Durant were to respond publicly about lack of shots it could turn in to the Shaq/Kobe 2.0 and no one here in OKC wants that.
They have argued on the court plenty of times, especially last season. But you don't have to publicly bitch for more touches to be an alpha male.
My comment about swag was not trying to say that Duncan was NOT a great leader, he is. He and Durant are similar, but Durant has a swagger to his game that Timmy does not.

He may have it, but what seperates Duncan and the other greats from Durant is they all not only demanded the ball, but they made sure they had the damn ball in their down the stretch. They didn't differ to a player of Chimpbrook caliber. More importantly they always had more shots than their sidekick. :rolleyes

I think chimpbrook has taken more shots than KD in each of the Thunder's playoff games. :nope

OKC Thunderstorm
06-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Zeke was a bitch and a good 1/2 of the Dram team would not have played if he was on the team. Would you really have sacrificed 6 people just for Zeke to play in the Dream Team?

I don't know about half. I think if they wanted to make it so it they could of made it work. Pip and MJ (as pointed out in that documentary) hated Kukoc because of Krause, and went on to ring 3x with him.

I think the problem was deeper than Isiah being a bitch. Magic would of fought for Isiah (pre-HIV) but Magic felt Isiah publicly questioned his sexuality to distance and exonerate himself from homo rumors in the wake of Magic contacting HIV. Rumors flew due the "kissing cousins display" they put on in the 1989 NBA finals. The HBO documentary and the Book Bird and Magic released last year, both touch on that. Before Magic's announcement Isiah, Magic and Aguirre were not only Lebron, wade and Bosh level butt buddies, but they owned a mall and some other business ventures together. After Magic's announcement those 3 guys were never close again.

OKC Thunderstorm
06-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Red eyes? MJ's eyes are freaking yellowed out like he smokes too much weed. My guess it's the Cuban cigars he smokes. But he did not age well tbh. MJ could of banged every chick he wanted from the mid 80's to the early 2000's now Betty white and Whoopi might pass. He looks THAT bad ...

Monostradamus
06-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Pip and MJ (as pointed out in that documentary) hated Kukoc because of Krause, and went on to ring 3x with him.

They were also under contract to play for Chicago, they weren't under contract to play for Team USA and could have backed out because of Isiah.

OKC Thunderstorm
06-18-2012, 10:54 AM
They were also under contract to play for Chicago, they weren't under contract to play for Team USA and could have backed out because of Isiah.

True. And as the documentary pointed out, MJ was not so eager to play with or without him at first. So, I'm glad it worked out the way it did. No way the Dream Team is as special without the best player in the world at that time.

Isiah still got screwed, it would be similar to CP3 getting passed over by Derron Williams and Rose and then to add further insult ...they chose Anthony Davis as the last member of the team. I think most people get WHY he got shafted. Doesnt change the the fact he did.