Windows rolled down? Crazy.

JudynTX
06-14-2012, 02:51 PM

How else are you suppose to feed them? :lol

Cute video of the kids!!

baseline bum
06-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Did you take them to the caverns too? They were by far my favorite place in the area when I was really young.

z0sa
06-14-2012, 02:53 PM

:lol What? Isn't that the whole point?

DeadlyDynasty
06-14-2012, 02:58 PM
ya'll get Bosh's autograph?

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Those things are lightning fast and can whack the hell out of you with their beaks. Been there/done that. I'm not saying that this particular one is mean but some friends of mine had some that they hand fed every day and they would just randomly get a wild hair and peck you.

JudynTX
06-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Those things are lightning fast and can whack the hell out of you with their beaks. Been there/done that. I'm not saying that this particular one is mean but some friends of mine had some that they hand fed every day and they would just randomly get a wild hair and peck you.

Oh, so a ostrich was just being a ostrich? :D

mrsmaalox
06-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Oh man those things are obnoxious!! :lol

I have the same video of my son except it's a zebra with his whole head in the car, making those funny little whistling sounds they make. Son was so thrilled he was about to burst!

Fun place, great video Kori :)

Reck
06-14-2012, 03:05 PM

Pretty much what I was leaning toward.

Wasn't aware you're supposed to feed them yourself. Just seems dangerous to me. :lol

z0sa
06-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Pretty much what I was leaning toward.

Wasn't aware you're supposed to feed them yourself. Just seems dangerous to me. :lol

I can see why hiking and mountain climbing and going outside wouldn't appeal to you.

mrsmaalox
06-14-2012, 03:07 PM

Oh yea I knew some people who had an ostrich farm back when it was supposed to be the newest alternative food source. Took my kids out a couple of times but it was too scary. They bite like crazy, whack things with their beak and neck, kicked the crap out of my friend, and when they piss/shit, it shoots straight out and hits anything within 6 feet! And they don't really taste that great :lol

CubanSucks
06-14-2012, 03:13 PM
They're llamas, dude.
http://www.availableimages.com/images/pictures/2000/dude,-where%27s-my-car/aph_2.jpg

Kori Ellis
06-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Did you take them to the caverns too? They were by far my favorite place in the area when I was really young.

We didn't take them to the caverns today, but they LOVED the animals. I thought they'd be a lot more scared than they were. The bison were sticking their big heads in the car too, trying to lick everyone. They really liked the petting zoo at the end as well...

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9428/gapllamas.jpg

Reck
06-14-2012, 03:35 PM
I can see why hiking and mountain climbing and going outside wouldn't appeal to you.

Yeah you make no sense whatsoever.

z0sa
06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah you make no sense whatsoever.

I was just making a joke but I know both times I've gone to that petting zoo we had our windows down and fed the animals, including the ostriches.. they have "safaris" in Disney World where it's an open air bus and the lions live and sleep within 20 feet of the road. A drive thru petting zoo with no predators or elephants shouldn't be scaring you tbh.

Reck
06-14-2012, 03:48 PM
I was just making a joke but I know both times I've gone to that petting zoo we had our windows down and fed the animals, including the ostriches.. they have "safaris" in Disney World where it's an open air bus and the lions live and sleep within 20 feet of the road. A drive thru petting zoo with no predators or elephants shouldn't be scaring you tbh.

I'm not talking about the scare factor. You can get close to a horse and not be scared but that doesn't take away from the fact they can trample you to hell any second. Just saying.

z0sa
06-14-2012, 03:51 PM
What's an ostrich going to do to you in your car that you can't just roll the window up or simply speed away?

tlongII
06-14-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm at the airport and the wireless here isn't fast enough to let me view the video. Your kids are cool though Kori! :tu

CosmicCowboy
06-14-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not talking about the scare factor. You can get close to a horse and not be scared but that doesn't take away from the fact they can trample you to hell any second. Just saying.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

you really need to get out of the city occasionally...

Halberto
06-14-2012, 06:16 PM
That bird is smarter than koolaid man

MannyIsGod
06-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Damn they have Bison there now? Bison are really fucking mean usually. :lol I remember being in Yellowstone and seeing the biggest male Bison charging down the road at us. Yeah, that made my asshole pucker just a bit.

Kori Ellis
06-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Damn they have Bison there now?

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/17/bison1.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1050/bison2m.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4215/bison3.jpg

Stringer_Bell
06-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Wow...so nobody has a problem with Kori's kids being allowed to DRIVE UNDER AGE all over a WILD LIFE RESERVE?!!!

Looks like a good time tho! :p

Reck
06-14-2012, 07:07 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

you really need to get out of the city occasionally...

Why? I'm fine living in the city, but if I ever feel like exploring the country side life, I'll know who to call. :lol

ploto
06-14-2012, 07:43 PM
I have the same video of my son except it's a zebra with his whole head in the car, making those funny little whistling sounds they make. Son was so thrilled he was about to burst!

Fun place, great video Kori :)

Have some really great upclose zebra pictures from there, as well!

CuckingFunt
06-14-2012, 10:48 PM
And they don't really taste that great :lol

I've only ever had them in burger form, and it was years ago, but I remember thinking it was pretty tasty.

Wild Cobra
06-14-2012, 10:49 PM
LOL...

That's cool. Glad you aren't overly protective.

CuckingFunt
06-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Damn they have Bison there now? Bison are really fucking mean usually. :lol

Also tasty.