PDA

View Full Version : Marcin Gortat

BatManu20
06-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Spurs #1 priority this offseason should/will be an athletic Big to help Timmy. Not many names out there but was thinking what if the Spurs traded for Suns C Marcin Gortat? He only has one year left on his deal at about $7.5 million and the Suns are most likely looking to rebuild now if/when Steve Nash leaves this offseason so they'lll prob be willing to trade him to free up cap space. He's athletic, runs the court well, and good at finishing around the rim. He would fit perfectly and would be a huge upgrade from what we have now. Thoughts?

Mal
06-14-2012, 06:38 PM
And Spurs will send them expiring contracts of Splitter, Blair etc ?

Prime Time
06-14-2012, 07:14 PM
We wouldn't have the pieces for him. I doubt the Suns would have ANY interest in Tiago or Blair, seeing how they have Lopez and Warrick.

therealtruth
06-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I think Splitter could approach Gortat's numbers if given minutes.

Spurs da champs
06-14-2012, 07:43 PM
I think Splitter could approach Gortat's numbers if given minutes.

Not sure about that, gortat plays with physicality tiago is soft. But Spurs need a Tyrus Thomas type.

alucardthereaper
06-14-2012, 08:28 PM
http://www.stopmikelupica.com/sml/_41735094_gortat.jpg

yes...

Salty
06-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Diaw could still generate some interest from the Suns if Nash sticks around, a sign & trade move would be nice if we could package him with a couple other pieces such as Neal, Green, Blair, etc.

Not likely to happen, but definitely an open avenue if the Suns are willing to talk.

Agloco
06-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Relying on Splitter/Diaw/Bonner/Blair is asking for trouble IMO. Diaw is a good change of pace kind of center. He's no starter though.

Gortat would definitely help the Spurs interior D quite a bit. He's an upgrade to Splitter.

DMC
06-14-2012, 11:50 PM
He's past the point of needing help. He is the help.

Spurs da champs
06-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Relying on Splitter/Diaw/Bonner/Blair is asking for trouble IMO. Diaw is a good change of pace kind of center. He's no starter though.

Gortat would definitely help the Spurs interior D quite a bit. He's an upgrade to Splitter.

Diaw is not a center at all, Duncan is the center; damn you just made yourself look stupid as hell with that post.

SenorSpur
06-15-2012, 12:29 AM
The Suns absolutely love Gortat. I doubt there would be any deal, to their liking, that would make them want to part with him.

DJ Mbenga
06-15-2012, 12:30 AM
they wouldnt listen unless the words kawhai are included. too much of a bargain to trade.

Spurs da champs
06-15-2012, 12:32 AM
they wouldnt listen unless the words kawhai are included. too much of a bargain to trade.

Kawhi.

TE
06-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Diaw is not a center at all, Duncan is the center; damn you just made yourself look stupid as hell with that post.

Another attempt from spurs da champs to argue from either a misundertanding or semantically relevant basis.

Spurs da champs
06-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Another attempt from spurs da champs to argue from either a misundertanding or semantically relevant basis.

No not really, seems like your following all my posts to argue from either a misunderstanding or semantically relevant basis.

TE
06-15-2012, 02:01 AM
No not really, seems like your following all my posts to argue from either a misunderstanding or semantically relevant basis.

Why would I want to argue with a retard, especially after your reply to Agloco's post? You're mocking the opinion of one of the smartest posters on this site in a twisted context of your choosing.

:madrun:madrunDuncan is the post, no one else is :madrun :madrun

Spurs da champs
06-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Why would I want to argue with a retard, especially after your reply to Agloco's post? You're mocking the opinion of one of the smartest posters on this site in a twisted context of your choosing.

:madrun:madrunDuncan is the post, no one else is :madrun :madrun

:lol Well you just went into this thread after getting owned in the other thread to pick another argument with me, again tho you're going to mindlessly deny this.

& I didn't take his post out of context at all, I simply laughed @ the stupidity of implying that Diaw was the Center in the starting lineup, do you honestly think Diaw was the Center or Duncan?

That's my point, but I wouldn't expect a dumb ass like you to realize it.

TE
06-15-2012, 02:17 AM
:lol Well you just went into this thread after getting owned in the other thread to pick another argument with me, again tho you're going to mindlessly deny this.

& I didn't take his post out of context at all, I simply laughed @ the stupidity of implying that Diaw was the Center in the starting lineup, do you honestly think Diaw was the Center or Duncan?

That's my point, but I wouldn't expect a dumb ass like you to realize it.

:lol thinking I'm continuing to ignore the context of your post from the other thread when I admitted to misreading under the influence
:lol arguing with me over something stupid if at all
:lol pick-pocketing parts of another poster's post and declaring them to sound stupid
:lol thinking your a smart poster
:lol gnsf thinking he's owned anyone other than his pathetic self

Spurs da champs
06-15-2012, 02:25 AM
For me being a 'retard' & a 'pathetic gnsf', you won't hop off my jock & your just continuing to make yourself look bad.

And you're just babbling on instead offering anything constructive & your supposed to be smart because your names black.... :lmao

TE
06-15-2012, 02:32 AM
^ how am I making myself look bad? I admitted to misreading and responding to a misread post. I found it odd for you to respond to me the way you did. I didn't even have to waste any of my time to find another post of yours with a similar response to another poster. You obviously have a disorder to believe to think you're right given any circumstance.

You look like a delusional fucking idiot given what you argue about. I really just hope your someone's troll and not a real poster with a real existence in reality. You really are pathetic, I can't imagine the tumultuous argumentative life you live. If you're married, god be with you.

If you think you have a mental problem, I've gotten to know psychiatrists all around the state in my medical school education, send me a pm with details and I'll get to it.
Have a great night. :toast

Spurs da champs
06-15-2012, 02:48 AM
^ that's the pinnacle of butt hurt & please don't talk about being an idiot as you think you're smart just because your name is in black, talk about delusional!

But it's cool think what you want as I've figured out time & time again you just can't fix stupid.

TE
06-15-2012, 02:52 AM
^like I said, pm if you got legit mental problems (in my humble medical opinion, you do).

Have a good night, and try not to hurt anyone in real life. There is consequences for such a thing in real life, but I'm here to help you avoid those types of things.

Really, pm me. I'd be thrilled to help.

Darkwaters
06-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Diaw could still generate some interest from the Suns if Nash sticks around, a sign & trade move would be nice if we could package him with a couple other pieces such as Neal, Green, Blair, etc.

Not likely to happen, but definitely an open avenue if the Suns are willing to talk.

Spurs wouldn't really be a good option for a sign and trade for Diaw. We'd have to either have cap space or use an exception in order to sign him. S&T's are usually executed when both teams are over the cap and the losing team has the player's bird rights.

Russo21
06-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Can anyone here tell me when Free Agency opens and when trades can start? Cheers

elemento
06-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Funny that people here call Gortat tough but Suns fans were mad in the end of the RS calling him soft.

If people want tougness, Gortat is clearly not the answer. Plus, i don't think the Suns has any interest to move him. He is the only valuable piece they have. The rest of the roster is basically overpaid scrubs

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2012, 11:44 AM
need younger BIG to take over duncans production

Bill_Brasky
06-15-2012, 12:44 PM
I really like Gortat but there's no way we get him.

Josepatches_
06-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Gortat isn't better than Splitter. Tiago playing with Nash would be a big weapon.

But we should trade him. I'm tired of this bullshit. It seems to blame Tiago is the coolest thing now.Trade him.

rr2418
06-15-2012, 02:21 PM
Spurs #1 priority this offseason should/will be an athletic Big to help Timmy. Not many names out there but was thinking what if the Spurs traded for Suns C Marcin Gortat? He only has one year left on his deal at about $7.5 million and the Suns are most likely looking to rebuild now if/when Steve Nash leaves this offseason so they'lll prob be willing to trade him to free up cap space. He's athletic, runs the court well, and good at finishing around the rim. He would fit perfectly and would be a huge upgrade from what we have now. Thoughts?

Yes, I definitely like that idea! I bet Pop would love to have him. Someone mentioned that Splitter eventually would reach Gortat's level, I don't think the Spurs are willing to wait that long. I like Splitter but Gortat would be a player the Spurs couldn't pass up if the numbers are right.

slick'81
06-15-2012, 05:32 PM
as mentioned before suns love gortat who has really come into his own spurs wont have anything tangible to offer phoenix

maverick1948
06-15-2012, 07:49 PM

If Nash and Hill leave, the Suns won't need to trade for cap space they will have it.

Can anyone here tell me when Free Agency opens and when trades can start? Cheers

Free agency starts July 1, trades can be made after that time also, I believe. Not sure anything can be done beyond paper until July 10.

Russo21
06-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Free agency starts July 1, trades can be made after that time also, I believe. Not sure anything can be done beyond paper until July 10.

Thankyou Mate. I'm very excited/anxious to see which direction the front office will be taking this team.

Who stays, who goes, who knows.

Only two options and i dont know which they'll choose...

Reload and try for the elusive 5th title? or Clear House and Rebuild?

Can't wait to see what they have in store for us :flag:

thunderfan
06-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Gortat isn't better than Splitter. Tiago playing with Nash would be a big weapon.

But we should trade him. I'm tired of this bullshit. It seems to blame Tiago is the coolest thing now.Trade him.

Gortat isn't better than Splitter?!!!!! That's hilarious

Bill_Brasky
06-16-2012, 09:19 AM

Gortat>>Splitter

Actually plays like a big. Finishes well around the rim. Plays good D instead of trying to draw charges.

BatManu20
06-16-2012, 05:14 PM

You're crazy if you think Gortat isn't better than Splitter. Gortat is twice the player Splitter is. He's much more athletic and is actually good at finishing around the rim

shorttotry
06-16-2012, 08:38 PM
I still don't understand the harping. Splitter is our guy. We just need a decent bench big. Don't blow this team up because we lost in the WCF! We had the best record in the west, swept the two proceeding matchups in the playoffs, and now the meltdown? Wtf? We have a good thing going... Yes the big three will have aged another year, but Leonard, splitter, Diaw, and Jackson will have some experience in our system next year.

I say keep a good thing rolling... I'm all for another big man pickup, but all that entails is picking up someone to do decent bench work instead of Splitter.