PDA

View Full Version : NFL to Release "All-22" Footage in Game Rewind

Kai
06-16-2012, 01:31 AM
The Super-Secret NFL Footage Now For Sale (http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2012/06/15/the-super-secret-nfl-footage-now-for-sale/?mod=e2tw)

http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/All_22_Coaches_Film_Game_Rewind_NFL_Release_Price. jpg

The National Football League will offer fans something they’ve never had before: the whole game.

The league announced Friday that it will offer to fans the coaches’ film known as the “All 22,” which shows all 22 players on the field at once. The footage, which will be released on the league’s “Game Rewind” package, was long-desired by NFL fans but not granted for every play until now. The service that includes the All 22 will cost $69.99 and feature every play once the game is over.

In November, the Journal reported that the biggest objection to releasing the footage was from those inside the game who were afraid of an extra level of scrutiny from fans. Jeff Berman, the NFL’s general manager of digital media, said Friday that the competition committee wasn’t a obstacle but rather the NFL saw a “tremendous opportunity” during a meeting in late March when the issue was presented. He said the committee viewed the film as “something to reward and engage our most passionate fans.”

The move will please the most hardcore NFL fans who cannot pick up entire plays or schemes with regular television cameras, even with advances in high-definition TV. In order to gauge the interest in the camera angle among football diehards, the NFL surveyed those already subscribed to the “Game Rewind” service, and Berman said the data showed that “the level of interest in this product among those fans was off the charts, and that goes beyond coaches and sportswriters, where the interest is around 100%.”

It remains to be seen how well the All 22 plays with players and coaches during the season. Charley Casserly, a former general manager who was a member of the NFL’s competition committee, told the Journal last fall that he was against releasing it because he was “concerned about misinformation being spread about players and coaches and their ability to do their job.”

The biggest beneficiaries of the new angle may be NFL statistics enthusiasts, who have long been frustrated by the ability to gather information with the current narrow view. Berman said the future of both technology and statistics could be “mind-boggling.”

interesting points by Fantasy Douche (https://twitter.com/#!/FantasyDouche):

"Release of All-22 is another step in taking FB from a permission-based knowledge domain to one where the most obsessed/fanatical dominate. If you can "get good on your own" and don't need permission from someone else, the floodgates are pretty much wide open. In Game Plan (book he wrote) I use example of the revolution of poker as an industry that was upended by Obsessed Amateurs. They became best in the world."

benefactor
06-16-2012, 06:47 AM
lol Casserly...no one cares what that faggot thinks.

This is a good thing. I won't pay for it but there are plenty of fans out there who will that write/post on various football websites who can provide better analysis than most football talking heads. This will only make their breakdowns of what is going on with teams on both ends of the field better.

DeadlyDynasty
06-16-2012, 08:26 AM
:lolI'll be one of the losers that buys this cause I'll be writing for a Bills site this season. I'm actually psyched to be able to individually breakdown some of the talent on our new-and-improved defense--especially our young cb's and stud d-line. Will be a good tool to see how Sheppard is progressing too, and if he's good enough to shine at the mike lb.

It'll also be useful in illustrating to idiot homers how bad our wr's are outside of Stevie, and show how piss-poor their route running and separation is.

benefactor
06-16-2012, 11:44 AM
No shame in buying them if you are actually writing for a team site. I'd probably do the same.

I know for sure that some of the guys from Battle Red Blog will be subscribing and using them for breakdowns. They usually bring the goods as far in depth breakdowns go...so it should be even better. We'll get an up close and personal view on just how bad Kareem Jackson sucks. Seeing Arian Foster highlights from some of those angles is going to kick ass too.