06-16-2012, 02:02 PM
2012 Spurs

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-16-2012, 02:24 PM
:lol spurs choking back to back years
2011 Mavs baby.. without a fucking doubt

Juggity
06-16-2012, 02:26 PM
2005 Spurs would take down every other team in that list in 6 games or less.

stxspurs
06-16-2012, 02:29 PM
:lmao dallas...yeah right.

Monostradamus
06-16-2012, 02:52 PM
2011 Mavs easily had the toughest road to a title and beat better competition. 05 Spurs are a close second. Bottom three are clearly the asterisk Spurs and both Rockets teams who won while Jordan was striking out in Birmingham.

irishock
06-16-2012, 03:02 PM
11 Mavs for sure. Spurs have never faced an Eastern Conf Champion as good as Miami. They also didn't face the Mavs in '05, who would've beaten them like they did a year later.

Edward
06-16-2012, 03:06 PM
I'd say 2005 Spurs. the the exception of the game 1 scare they got against Denver they had the upper hand in every series they played from beginning to end. 2005 playoff Ginobili was also the best 2nd option Duncan had his entire career.

The Batman
06-16-2012, 03:16 PM
:lol at who voted for the Mavs. You could make a case for either 94 or 95 Rockets.

Chris
06-16-2012, 03:18 PM
2003 Spurs team was stacked :lol

tesseractive
06-16-2012, 03:35 PM
2011 Mavs easily had the toughest road to a title and beat better competition. 05 Spurs are a close second. Bottom three are clearly the asterisk Spurs and both Rockets teams who won while Jordan was striking out in Birmingham.

The '99 Spurs get a bad rap, but I wish there was some way we could see them up against the '98 Bulls and/or '00 Lakers just for comparison -- the Spurs lost both years with Duncan injuries, and didn't get to test themselves against the best teams.

Duncan was the offensive leader in '99, which meant that Robinson got to devote basically all his energies to defense, and he was an absolute beast before his back went further downhill in later years. The combination of the two of them was possibly the most devastating interior defense the NBA has ever seen, and they had some pretty solid perimeter defenders around them.

I'm not saying "oh the '99 Spurs could definitely take down either team," but I think they were good enough that they'd have a fair shot at either one. After all, they destroyed the (pre-Phil) '99 Lakers so badly that Phil had to make up that bullshit about the asterisk to keep people from thinking that their 2000 title run deserved an asterisk of it's own due to them getting a pass on playing the Spurs that year.

DMC
06-16-2012, 04:08 PM
:lol spurs choking back to back years
2011 Mavs baby.. without a fucking doubt
Mavs choking in the Finals in 2006. Getting swept in the 1st round after winning the ring the previous year.

:lol title defense

DMC
06-16-2012, 04:10 PM
11 Mavs for sure. Spurs have never faced an Eastern Conf Champion as good as Miami. They also didn't face the Mavs in '05, who would've beaten them like they did a year later.
Spurs beat Western Conference teams in the WCF that would stomp the shit out of Miami.

Kai
06-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Dream in 94-95 was unguardable. No one could handle his dominance.

BRHornet45
06-16-2012, 04:16 PM
2011 Mavs by far. the only team that even comes close is one of the mid 90's Rockets teams. the problem for the Spurs is the fact that they have never faced a legit Eastern Conference champion and 1999 doesn't count. Detroit was about the best team the Spurs ever had to face and Detroit made choking an art form back in those days.

the 2011 Mavs went thru hell to get to the finals and had to take down the media darling and NBA favorite Miami Heat. they deserve the title of the best NBA championship team in Texas history. period.

Reck
06-16-2012, 04:22 PM
^ Let the hate pour in big fella. :lol

Lincoln
06-16-2012, 04:27 PM
2011 Mavs by far. the only team that even comes close is one of the mid 90's Rockets teams. the problem for the Spurs is the fact that they have never faced a legit Eastern Conference champion and 1999 doesn't count. Detroit was about the best team the Spurs ever had to face and Detroit made choking an art form back in those days.

the 2011 Mavs went thru hell to get to the finals and had to take down the media darling and NBA favorite Miami Heat. they deserve the title of the best NBA championship team in Texas history. period.

son I agree, keep layin down those truth bombs

:lol Spurfan cant accept that they played a shit nets and cavs team

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-16-2012, 04:44 PM
While the 2005 Spurs imo are the best team on that list, the 2007 Spurs are the shittiest team. They looked vulnerable for most of the regular season, got hot at the end and had a very charmed playoff run where their biggest opponent was a Suns team that was built to run teams like the Bucks and Pacers off the court but lose in the playoffs. I think the 2005 Spurs were good enough where it wouldn't have mattered, but 2005-2007 was a weak time in the NBA where a lot of great players (KG and Kobe most notably) were stuck on bad teams which made certain teams look better than they really were.

Juggity
06-16-2012, 04:47 PM
the problem for the Spurs is the fact that they have never faced a legit Eastern Conference champion and 1999 doesn't count. Detroit was about the best team the Spurs ever had to face and Detroit made choking an art form back in those days.

Son, you've gotta be kidding :lol

Detroit was the defending champ team that dismantled the threepeat lakers in '04. You can't tell me that team wasn't "legit." That team would have picked apart the 2011 Mavs with almost the same ease that the 2005 spurs would have.

2011 Mavs are a decent title team but compared to the competition listed above, they're middle-of-the-pack at best.

FkLA
06-16-2012, 05:05 PM
:lol homer mavfan

The 05' and 99' Spurs would bend the 11' Mavs over. Dont remember enough about the back2back Rockets other than Dream making DRob his bitch. :(

FkLA
06-16-2012, 05:11 PM
While the 2005 Spurs imo are the best team on that list, the 2007 Spurs are the shittiest team. They looked vulnerable for most of the regular season, got hot at the end and had a very charmed playoff run where their biggest opponent was a Suns team that was built to run teams like the Bucks and Pacers off the court but lose in the playoffs. I think the 2005 Spurs were good enough where it wouldn't have mattered, but 2005-2007 was a weak time in the NBA where a lot of great players (KG and Kobe most notably) were stuck on bad teams which made certain teams look better than they really were.

It also helped that Dirk and the Chokericks had the biggest choke of all-time. I was scared as fuck of that 07' Mavs team, despite their struggles against them in the reg season I never expected them to lose to the fucking Warriors. :lol

baseline bum
06-16-2012, 05:39 PM

The '95 Rockets had a much harder run than any of the others. A 60 win Jazz team, a 59 win Suns team, a 62 win Spurs team, and finally a 57 win Magic team, with homecourt in no series. They went through Stockton, Malone, Barkley, KJ, Robinson, Rodman, Shaq, and Hardaway, every one them in his prime, in likely the most difficult playoff run in the history of the league.

baseline bum
06-16-2012, 05:45 PM

I would easily take the 99 Spurs over the 05 Spurs. The 05 Spurs had the best roster in franchise history, but Duncan was playing on two bad ankles after the Seattle series and had a lot of trouble in fourth quarters because of it (especially game 5 of the Finals). It wasn't TOSB kicking in, because he was strong again in fourth quarters the next two playoffs.

Harry Callahan
06-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I forgot about Duncan's having the ankle issues in 2005. They were an issue for sure.

People seem to forget the fact that the 1999 team swept the Lakers and the Jail Blazers and lost just one game to Phoenix (on a despiration three pointer by Marbury) and one game in the finals for a 15-2 mark.

That asterick stuff is stupid. Will there be an asterick this year too? No.

The Spurs were clearly the best team in the league three of the four years they won it all. The 2007 team got hot at the right time just like the 2011 Mavies did.

BUMP
06-16-2012, 06:08 PM

Wasn't there a certain hispanic ref in the Spurs-Suns series?

Forgot his name tbh

JMarkJohns
06-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Dream in 94-95 was unguardable. No one could handle his dominance.

The '95 Rockets had a much harder run than any of the others. A 60 win Jazz team, a 59 win Suns team, a 62 win Spurs team, and finally a 57 win Magic team, with homecourt in no series. They went through Stockton, Malone, Barkley, KJ, Robinson, Rodman, Shaq, and Hardaway, every one them in his prime, in likely the most difficult playoff run in the history of the league.

Yep. It's a damn shame so few appreciate just how dominant a force Hakeem was on offense, or even remember how good his defense was. In an era of dominant big men, his prime stands atop 'em all. His shot-blocking was game-changing, his rebounding very strong, his post defense neutralizing, and his offense was so versatile, very knew what to do with any of it, let alone all of it. He destroyed hall of famers series after series...

That 94-95 run was the most impressive I have ever seen and I saw every game. He averaged nearly 33 ppg and 5 apg on 53% FG on offense and 10 rpg, 3 bpg and 1 spg on defense vs. those teams and players listed above. He faced a former or eventual MVP every series, all of whom were in their prime, and vs. that season's David Robinson, he scored 36 ppg, 12.5 rpg and 4 bpg, while holding Robinson to 24 ppg on 45%, which was 4 ppg and 8% lower than Robinson's seasonal averages.

Lastly, Fuck Ellie...

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-16-2012, 06:18 PM

My nigga Willie spitting the real shit. :toast

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Mavs choking in the Finals in 2006. Getting swept in the 1st round after winning the ring the previous year.

:lol title defense

1>3.
:lol 50-16
:lol 10-0 to begin the playoffs
:lol 10-4 to end the playoffs
:lol "This team is legendary"
:lol retarded motherfuckers

mavs>spurs
06-16-2012, 06:20 PM
once miami takes down everyone's savior, the oklahoma city thunder, it will be apparent that there was ever only 1 team strong enough to take down a prime heat team

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-16-2012, 06:21 PM
once miami takes down everyone's savior, the oklahoma city thunder, it will be apparent that there was ever only 1 team strong enough to take down a prime heat team

My nigga

Kai
06-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Lastly, Fuck Ellie...

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/04/50/47/1214938/3/628x471.jpg

baseline bum
06-16-2012, 06:28 PM

Miami likely wins that series last year if they have Battier averaging 17 ppg.

mavs>spurs
06-16-2012, 06:30 PM
i can play the "if" game too, Battier wouldn't score 17 ppg against dallas defense

JMarkJohns
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/04/50/47/1214938/3/628x471.jpg

My hate for he and Horry overruled my love for the Suns in the seasons they played for Phoenix. Damn fine shot, but he could die in a car crash tomorrow, leave me an inheritance of $1,000,000 and all I'd do burn the money and piss on his grave.

That shot destroyed my youth...

Kai
Miami likely wins that series last year if they have Battier averaging 17 ppg.

And Lebron averaging 30

mavs>spurs
06-16-2012, 06:31 PM
And Lebron averaging 30

lebron couldn't get it done against marion, it's history, already happened, been proven, etc.

tesseractive
06-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Yep. It's a damn shame so few appreciate just how dominant a force Hakeem was on offense, or even remember how good his defense was. In an era of dominant big men, his prime stands atop 'em all. His shot-blocking was game-changing, his rebounding very strong, his post defense neutralizing, and his offense was so versatile, very knew what to do with any of it, let alone all of it. He destroyed hall of famers series after series...

That 94-95 run was the most impressive I have ever seen and I saw every game. He averaged nearly 33 ppg and 5 apg on 53% FG on offense and 10 rpg, 3 bpg and 1 spg on defense vs. those teams and players listed above. He faced a former or eventual MVP every series, all of whom were in their prime, and vs. that season's David Robinson, he scored 36 ppg, 12.5 rpg and 4 bpg, while holding Robinson to 24 ppg on 45%, which was 4 ppg and 8% lower than Robinson's seasonal averages.

Lastly, Fuck Ellie...

Not to say that you're wrong, but why was his prime only 2 years? Shouldn't he have been ripping up the league for 5 years straight if he was that good?

Kai
06-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Not to say that you're wrong, but why was his prime only 2 years? Shouldn't he have been ripping up the league for 5 years straight if he was that good?

Akeem/Hakeem played at an elite level for most of his career but there was a 2-3 year stretch where he was just going bonkers. It's inexplicable, but it is what it is.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-16-2012, 06:49 PM
I would easily take the 99 Spurs over the 05 Spurs. The 05 Spurs had the best roster in franchise history, but Duncan was playing on two bad ankles after the Seattle series and had a lot of trouble in fourth quarters because of it (especially game 5 of the Finals). It wasn't TOSB kicking in, because he was strong again in fourth quarters the next two playoffs.
I remember those ankle injuries which shows how good that team was. If Duncan was playing on two bad ankles in 99 the 99 Spurs probably don't make it out of the West.

baseline bum
06-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah, he had some monster playoff performances in the late 80s after Sampson's career went bust. Olajuwon was an MVP level player from about 86-96.

baseline bum
06-16-2012, 06:54 PM
I remember those ankle injuries which shows how good that team was. If Duncan was playing on two bad ankles in 99 the 99 Spurs probably don't make it out of the West.

True, but he wasn't hurt and thus the 99 Spurs would have badly beaten that 05 team under the same circumstances.

tesseractive
06-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah, he had some monster playoff performances in the late 80s after Sampson's career went bust. Olajuwon was an MVP level player from about 86-96.

No, I do remember he was a terrific player for that whole stretch.

I didn't follow basketball as closely back then, but my impression was that he was kind of in the pack of elite centers along with Ewing, Robinson, Shaq (in later years) and maybe a couple of others. Then in '94 and '95 he broke out of the pack and took things to a whole different level.

Is that right, or was he basically better than the rest all along, and it was only those years when he had a supporting cast that was up to the challenge?

eyeh8u
06-16-2012, 08:10 PM
i love this revisionist history of the mavs 2011 run.

ViceCity86
06-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I voted for 2005 Spurs.The Pistons were defending champions,no joke.Most of their starting 5 was in their prime,Wallace a little passed his and they had a sick defense.

2005 Spurs>>>>>2011 Mavs
Finals opponent: 2005 Pistons>>>>>2011 Heat

Monostradamus
06-16-2012, 08:47 PM

And Jordan was playing baseball. Weak title run.

ViceCity86
06-16-2012, 08:49 PM

I think 2003 spurs had tougher competition
A tough Suns team with Marion,Joe Johnson,Stat,Marbury
Lakers-3 time defending champs...Prime Kobe and Shaq...nuff said
A talented 60 win Mavs team with 4 lethal scorer's in Nash,finley,Dirk and NVE
Nets team that was underrated.A prime Kidd and Martin and a great defensive team.

Monostradamus
06-16-2012, 08:50 PM
:lmao "nets team was underrated"

Kai
06-16-2012, 08:50 PM

Only weak thing here is your argument. Dream's Rockets routinely bukkaked Jordan, he's lucky he didn't meet us in the finals.

Monostradamus
06-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Only weak thing here is your argument. Dream's Rockets routinely bukkaked Jordan, he's lucky he didn't meet us in the finals.

:lmao "we beat him in the regular season :cry"

ViceCity86
06-16-2012, 08:53 PM

Raw talent with Manu and Parker best years ahead,but a strong,strong 8-man rotation

Starters-Parker Jax Bowen D-Rob and Duncan at his peak
Killah bench-Claxton and best 6th&7th man Manu and Rose

The only weakness on this team was kid time.They were too young and raw.

baseline bum
06-16-2012, 08:55 PM

No he wasn't.

ViceCity86
06-16-2012, 08:55 PM
:lol homer mavfan

The 05' and 99' Spurs would bend the 11' Mavs over. Dont remember enough about the back2back Rockets other than Dream making DRob his bitch. :(

I agree about 99 spurs being better.
Duncan and Robinson were dominant inside.

da_suns_fan
06-16-2012, 08:56 PM
2005 Spurs. Ginobili and Duncan in their collective primes.

ViceCity86
06-16-2012, 08:56 PM

LBJ last year was still in his scared shit phase.The Mavs caught them at the right time.

Monostradamus
06-16-2012, 09:01 PM
No he wasn't.

Oh right, he played baseball then jumped in 3/4 of the way through wearing 45.

Still weak.

Kai
06-16-2012, 09:03 PM
:lmao "we beat him in the regular season :cry"

Which is more than they can't say about us. We didn't meet in the post season, so I don't see your point.

ViceCity86
06-16-2012, 09:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSa5HiPeQz0

The 2003 spurs were so talented,young and athletic.Watching this video shows Spurs at their peak were deadly.Parker/Claxton was a lethal combo.

djohn2oo8
06-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Which is more than they can't say about us. We didn't meet in the post season, so I don't see your point.

monosylab1k
06-16-2012, 09:08 PM

lol your team conveniently sucked playoff dick every year except Baseball Jordan and 45 Jordan, and that's Chicago'a fault :lmao

djohn2oo8
06-16-2012, 09:22 PM
lol your team conveniently sucked playoff dick every year except Baseball Jordan and 45 Jordan, and that's Chicago'a fault :lmao
http://rgifs.gifbin.com/1239023890_showoff-touchdown-fail.gif

Harry Callahan
06-16-2012, 09:56 PM
The 2005 Spurs were pretty stout. That's who I voted for.

Jacob1983
06-16-2012, 10:49 PM
2011 Mavs. That team did not quit and was one of the hungriest teams in NBA history. And let's not forget that Dirk and Terry also had to fight the demons of the 2006 Finals. Kidd had to fight the demons of losing the Finals in 2002 and 2003.

Kidd K
06-16-2012, 11:08 PM
son I agree, keep layin down those truth bombs

:lol Spurfan cant accept that they played a shit nets and cavs team

Good job talking about the 2003 and 2007 teams SA faced in the Finals when everyone's talking about the 2005 Spurs as the best Spurs team. Fail argument.

The Mavs didn't beat any team the caliber of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

They beat the Lakers, sure, but a shitty, failing Lakers team with a lazy coach who didn't want to coach anymore, a soft Gasol, a chucking Kobe, and a depressed Odom.

lame Blazers, soft Lakers team, soft Thunder team, and only decent opponent was the Heat in the Finals. And even then, the 2005 Pistons (defending champs), were better than last year's hastily thrown together Heat team.

tlongII
06-16-2012, 11:18 PM
2012 Thunder.

mavs>spurs
06-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Good job talking about the 2003 and 2007 teams SA faced in the Finals when everyone's talking about the 2005 Spurs as the best Spurs team. Fail argument.

The Mavs didn't beat any team the caliber of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

They beat the Lakers, sure, but a shitty, failing Lakers team with a lazy coach who didn't want to coach anymore, a soft Gasol, a chucking Kobe, and a depressed Odom.

lame Blazers, soft Lakers team, soft Thunder team, and only decent opponent was the Heat in the Finals. And even then, the 2005 Pistons (defending champs), were better than last year's hastily thrown together Heat team.

I think you meant to say a dangerous blazers team who was the toughest first round opponent anyone faced that year outside of maybe memphis, a defending 2 time champ lakers team, a thunder team that kicked your ass and made it to the finals, and a miami heat team that looks dominant right now.

scanry
06-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Portland 2011 > Denver 2005
Lakers 2011 > Seattle 2011
Suns 2005 >>> OKC 2011
Pistons 2005 > Heat 2011

It's a toss up between the Mavs & Spurs and being a homer i would take the Spurs in 2005 over the Mavs.

But IMO the best Texas NBA Champion would have definitely been the Rockets in 1995 had the NBA Finals not been a sweep. That series ruined their amazing run.

mavs>spurs
06-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Portland 2011 > Denver 2005
Lakers 2011 > Seattle 2011
Suns 2005 >>> OKC 2011
Pistons 2005 > Heat 2011

It's a toss up between the Mavs & Spurs and being a homer i would take the Spurs in 2005 over the Mavs.

But IMO the best Texas NBA Champion would have definitely been the Rockets in 1995 had the NBA Finals not been a sweep. That series ruined their amazing run.

arrow argument, nice. i beg to differ on the last 2 btw, just because you put a few extra arrows doesn't make it convincing.

11 okc is more or less the same team as 12 okc, a legitimate title contender. don't forget 2010 okc almost beat the eventual champion lakers, they were one last second tip in by the ostrich from forcing OT. nobody else outside of boston gave them such a scare. lets not pretend oklahoma is only good this year and never was until now :lol

scanry
06-17-2012, 12:25 AM
arrow argument, nice. i beg to differ on the last 2 btw, just because you put a few extra arrows doesn't make it convincing.

11 okc is more or less the same team as 12 okc, a legitimate title contender. don't forget 2010 okc almost beat the eventual champion lakers, they were one last second tip in by the ostrich from forcing OT. nobody else outside of boston gave them such a scare. lets not pretend oklahoma is only good this year and never was until now :lol

In a way i agree, but it's like comparing tlhem to the Chicago Bulls back in the 80s. All they did was tweak a little to their roster and people suddenly thought they became dominant.

You underestimate the chemistry and more importantly the experience factor from losing close games. The one thing Chicago had that no other championship teams have had consistently was poise down the stretch. The Rockets in 1995, the Spurs in 1999 & 2005, Lakers in 2000 & 2001, and the Mavs in 2011 had it, but they couldn't sustain in over a period of time like the Bulls.

That's one reason why OKC can dominate the next decade. They are relentless and can close very effectively down the stretch. :wow I'll give credit to the Mavs though, they beat them convincingly unlike the Lakers in 2010.

JMarkJohns
06-17-2012, 12:33 AM

Akeem/Hakeem played at an elite level for most of his career but there was a 2-3 year stretch where he was just going bonkers. It's inexplicable, but it is what it is.

This. It was with Hakeem that I started looking at stats not just with the career/prime comparisons, but adding another element of peak. I've never seen another peak like Hakeems from 92-93 through 95-96. Many people thought Hakeem should have won MVP in 92-93, and then he went on to win in 93-94 and then have his best year offensively in 94-95 and a nice near-repeat year to close out.

His 17 year career averages are 21.8 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 2.5 apg, 3.1 bpg and 1.7 spg.

His 12 year prime averages are 24.2 ppg, 12.4 rpg, 2.8 apg, 3.8 bpg and 2.0 spg.

His 5 year non-prime averages are 12.9 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.9 bpg, 1.4 spg.

His 4 year peak averages are 26.8 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 3.5 apg, 3.6 bpg, 1.7 spg.

Often times there's no noticeable distinction in the prime years. There might be some up and down, but there's seldom another prolonged level where already better numbers take another radical jump, with with Hakeem his career just had three different tiers, including the peak tier within the prime tier.

If you saw Hakeem during his peak, you saw some of the great low-post-to-elbow inside-out offense ever from a big man during an area of many HOF big men. It was truly amazing.

tesseractive
06-17-2012, 12:47 AM
This. It was with Hakeem that I started looking at stats not just with the career/prime comparisons, but adding another element of peak. I've never seen another peak like Hakeems from 92-93 through 95-96. Many people thought Hakeem should have won MVP in 92-93, and then he went on to win in 93-94 and then have his best year offensively in 94-95 and a nice near-repeat year to close out.

His 17 year career averages are 21.8 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 2.5 apg, 3.1 bpg and 1.7 spg.

His 12 year prime averages are 24.2 ppg, 12.4 rpg, 2.8 apg, 3.8 bpg and 2.0 spg.

His 5 year non-prime averages are 12.9 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.9 bpg, 1.4 spg.

His 4 year peak averages are 26.8 ppg, 11.6 rpg, 3.5 apg, 3.6 bpg, 1.7 spg.

Often times there's no noticeable distinction in the prime years. There might be some up and down, but there's seldom another prolonged level where already better numbers take another radical jump, with with Hakeem his career just had three different tiers, including the peak tier within the prime tier.

If you saw Hakeem during his peak, you saw some of the great low-post-to-elbow inside-out offense ever from a big man during an area of many HOF big men. It was truly amazing.

I had the (mis?)fortune of seeing the '95 WCFs in person. Just a horrifying experience as a Spurs fan.

But man did he put on a clinic out there. Never seen anything like it before or since.

Killakobe81
06-17-2012, 01:30 AM
I say 95 Rox and 99 Spurs
The reason I say 99 over 2005 spurs is David was much more of a factor. Plus what little hops Duncan had was at it's peak 1999.

2011 Mavs were a great team. No fluke bull-shit. But both those teams foul our Tyson Chandler. And then it's Haywood on Dream or Duncan because Dirk has no shot in hell guarding either guy. 1995 rox can have a young Horry chase Dirk Spurs would have problems with dirk but I thin david would make him work.

racm
06-17-2012, 05:57 AM
95 rockets and 2003 spurs

95 had a <50 win team sweep the Finals

03 had Super Duncan

LkrFan
06-17-2012, 07:31 AM
1999 Spurs would lock down all of those teams tbh. I'd go with them.

100%duncan
06-17-2012, 08:08 AM
You are asking it in a Spurs forum tbh....

100%duncan
06-17-2012, 08:10 AM
BTW, I voted 2005 Spurs with 2011 Mavs a close second. Yup, I'm fucking bias like everyone else.

TampaDude
06-17-2012, 08:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSa5HiPeQz0

The 2003 spurs were so talented,young and athletic.Watching this video shows Spurs at their peak were deadly.Parker/Claxton was a lethal combo.

Man, they were fast. I miss those days.

Leetonidas
06-17-2012, 08:45 AM
1999 Spurs would own all these guys

stretch
06-17-2012, 04:21 PM
You are asking it in a Spurs forum tbh....

Which proves 2011 Mavs > 2005 Spurs, because this is being asked in a Spurs forum, yet the poll is currently tied.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2012, 04:51 PM
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

let me fuck up this thread with...

Kobe 5

The State of Texas 7

or

Kobe 5

San Antonio 4
Houston 2
Dallas 1

:lmao

mavs>spurs
06-17-2012, 04:52 PM
http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/5774e4e6277c1c4d2205e4c5dfe3b472/Blord729.jpg

Latarian Milton
06-17-2012, 06:37 PM
05' got the toughest road to championship imho but the 95-96 rockets got the strongest squad of all, the prime olajuwon was just unstoppable and big shitty duncan never came even close