PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy confirms comeback. Lakers might take a look.

flipspursfan
06-17-2012, 01:40 AM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-brandon-roy-confirms-comeback-do-lakers-take-look/2012/06/16/

JMarkJohns
06-17-2012, 01:43 AM
Always liked him, so I hope he's able, but I'm not sure how he makes sense for the Lakers.

mavs>spurs
06-17-2012, 01:47 AM
does that mean he's walking away from all that money? how does that work?

baseline bum
06-17-2012, 01:49 AM
2009-2010 – Roy signs a 4 year deal with the Trailblazers. In January of that season, Roy injures his right hamstring that would hamper his play for the rest of the season. In April, Roy injures his knee, which is first diagnosed as a bone bruise, but it was later discovered that there was a torn meniscus.

WTF? Were the Blazers too cheap to have Roy get an MRI? How do you miss that?

flipspursfan
06-17-2012, 01:50 AM

Not sure but if his contract with Portland is still up. Then probably, that 16 mil goes back to their cap. Holy crap. 1st Darius Miles and then Roy.

mavs>spurs
06-17-2012, 01:51 AM
i remember way back he was going to get to keep the remainder of his massive contract, will that still be in effect if he makes a comeback or will it be voided?

tesseractive
06-17-2012, 02:18 AM

He was amnestied, so he keeps all the money. He's a free agent who can sign with any team except the Blazers.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/12/trail_blazers_will_use_amnesty.html

flipspursfan
06-17-2012, 02:19 AM
i remember way back he was going to get to keep the remainder of his massive contract, will that still be in effect if he makes a comeback or will it be voided?

Actually, I don't have much knowledge on the financial side of it. This situation just looks very much like Memphis taking Darius Miles back from retirement which then forces Miles's contract to be back on POR's cap. Except this time, BRoy is actually good for something + LA is taking a look at him.

flipspursfan
06-17-2012, 02:22 AM
He was amnestied, so he keeps all the money. He's a free agent who can sign with any team except the Blazers.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/12/trail_blazers_will_use_amnesty.html

That's good for POR then. It doesn't fuck up their cap like that Miles thing did.

mavs>spurs
06-17-2012, 02:26 AM

good for him, i'm skeptical as to how much he can provide without any knees though.

tesseractive
06-17-2012, 02:36 AM
good for him, i'm skeptical as to how much he can provide without any knees though.

Yeah, I have no idea if he has anything left to bring to the table. But I'd bring him in to try out without a moment's hesitation.

Even if all he can be is a set shooter at this point, he's one hell of a gamer who does well in pressure situations. Of course, whether he can even do that remains to be seen.

ElNono
06-17-2012, 02:57 AM

He'll be competing for a spot with Steve Blake... It's not like you need knees to beat that scrub, tbh.... Reminds me of you soaring for that dunk over DPG, I saaaaiiiiddd

Jodelo
06-17-2012, 04:36 AM
does that mean he's walking away from all that money?

Can he still walk?

SenorSpur
06-17-2012, 08:07 AM
The way he looked a year ago, and considering the fact the his knees are reportedly bone-on-bone, I wished the guy would've stayed retired. Good luck to him.

100%duncan
06-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Always liked him, so I hope he's able, but I'm not sure how he makes sense for the Lakers.

They need a back-up for Kobe so I think it would make sense.

lil_penny
06-17-2012, 11:22 AM
he can still play in this league with limited minutes he wont be able to play much more than 20 or so a game but he would be perfect on a contender and knees or not this guy has been able to make big shots late in games if im him im going to south beach next year. either way wish the best for the guy.

Venti Quattro
06-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I wonder if Mike Brown will stop playing Sessions and Blake together if Mitch brings Brandon Roy aboard.

lil_penny
06-17-2012, 11:27 AM
roy and blake are butt buddies so a roy//blake lineup would be pretty probable

Juggity
06-17-2012, 11:43 AM
pJjeZ4Scm9E

Clipper Nation
06-17-2012, 06:28 PM
He should go to the Suns tbh, that medical staff might actually get him on the court.

DeadlyDynasty
06-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Do it, Mitch...then send his ass to Germany and they can inject brake pads into his knees or some shit to reduce the friction

DMC
06-17-2012, 06:35 PM
The Lakers might take a look at me too. They also might not.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2012, 06:52 PM
The Lakers might take a look at me too. They also might not.

now it's possible they might look at those fat pickled pig hands of yours...:lol

but there's a much bigger 3 team deal brewing for us...

3 team deal:

Gay & D-will (Sign and trade) + Lopez to Lakers
Gasol & Wallace (Sign and trade) + Brooks to Memphis
Mayo & Bynum + Randolph & Ron To Nets.

Lakers get:

Lopez
Odom
Gay
Kobe
D-will

Still have TPE we can use for Beasely...and there is interest in Ray Allen as well...

Bench: Sessions|Goudelock|Roy|Ebanks|Mcroberts|Hill

Memphis Get :

Gasol
Gasol
Wallace
Brooks
Conley

Nets Get:

Bynum
Randolph
Artest
Morrow
Mayo

Latarian Milton
06-17-2012, 06:56 PM
dude would rather give up that $ to play elsewhere instead of portland :lmao

i wish that nigga oden signs with a contender (e.g. mavs) and plays like a beast as he was originally expected to do, just to embarrass them fags even more tbh

DMC
06-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Sorry, I don't read posts by pinked people.

DMC
06-17-2012, 06:57 PM

i wish that nigga oden signs with a contender (e.g. mavs) and plays like a beast as he was originally expected to do, just to embarrass them fags even more tbh
Why not the Heat?

DPG21920
06-17-2012, 06:59 PM

He is not giving up any money.

Koolaid_Man
06-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Sorry, I don't read posts by pinked people.

not true :lol