PDA

View Full Version : Love To The Spurs And Fans From Overseas

GrandeDavid
06-23-2005, 11:48 PM
I, along with countless other overseas Spurs fans, are relishing in this awesome moment. Our beloved San Antonio Spurs are champions. My parents, my sister, my nephews, my brother-in-law and numerous friends were all there at the game. I watched the game in solitude from my crib in Brazil, faded jeans and a David Robinson lid as my gear. I sweated when we were down one at the half, sighed at the nine point deficit…but honest to God, I never lost faith.

I want to congratulate the team, the Spurs org., and most of all THE FANS who attended and wore their bleeding hearts on their sleeves. I had a horrible day today and needed a boost. You guys and the Spurs gave it to me. You also lifted the spirits of God knows how many other overseas Spurs fans and just pure fans of strong character, hard working athletes. I love you guys and feel your fervor. I wish I were there as do those other Spurs fans who are afar.

Bring it home to us. Let us feel the celebration. Be safe, be proud and think of us tonight and into tomorrow morning…

GrandeDavid
06-23-2005, 11:57 PM
Hey, remember you peeps, peeps!

Chris
06-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Thank for YOUR support. We needed it tonight and we are all very proud.

GrandeDavid
06-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Its a shame that this is the first playoffs in Spurs history since 1990 I've missed live, but I'll take a ring any way I can get one!

GrandeDavid
06-24-2005, 12:29 AM
Alright, I'm outta here. I know you guys are thrilled about the win, tonight, as am I. But is you can take a second, please send a shot out to the overseas fans. Thanks!

GrandeDavid
06-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Chris, thank you for being a cool cat and having the heart to post a shot out in this thread.

Chris
06-24-2005, 12:38 AM
Where's the love?

GrandeDavid
06-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Good question? :lol

mattyc
06-24-2005, 12:46 AM
Preach it GrandeDavid!

I'm on my 11th Melbourne Bitter, yelling like a maniac since 10.00am.

SPURS IN OZ. SPURS IN OZ!

MI21
06-24-2005, 12:58 AM
All around the world, we are celebrating.

I think we should start some type of cult and take the world over.

GrandeDavid
06-24-2005, 08:22 AM
It sucks being away from home right now, but thank God for satellite TV and the internet.

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 08:27 AM
I think it's pretty damn cool that the offshore fans are so amazing. I never realized that you were outside of San Antonio.

Congrats to you guys, and especially to you die-hards outside of the states. Enjoy the win, because it's well earned.

GrandeDavid
06-24-2005, 08:30 AM
WayDowntown, thank you so much, and no hard feelings about all the smack talk around here. Its all in good fun. The Pistons are a great team and I hope its Pistons-Spurs again next year. I just hope yall don't have home court ad! ;)

samikeyp
06-24-2005, 08:37 AM
c'mon now! lets get that Global love for Brother Dave and the Spurs!

Where you at Slovenia?

Where you at France?

Where you at Argentina?

I see the Aussies are in the house!

:) :) :)

Slomo
06-24-2005, 09:12 AM
I watched the game live!!! Then I was lurking around on the forum for an hour and a half, because it was too early for the pubs to open (actually they are not supposed to sell liquor before 10 am). Went to a friend to go out and have a coffee at 8am.

But other friends that know how crazy I am about the Spurs found out where we were and came over. We started drinking at 9am and we just stopped (3:30 pm) to take a break. The party will continue tonight at 7pm at a friend's house where we will meet for a barbecue and beer :).

If I don't pass out before that :lol

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidrunk.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidrunk.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidrunk.gif

GrandeDavid
06-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Slomo, you really know how to party! I wish I were there!

xcoriate
06-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Wooh represent!!

Love ya Spurs!!!

*Continues "Spurs in Oz" chant*

Where are the slovenians (with the exception of one Slomo), Frenchmen and Argentinians we know your all out there somewhere. Better have a good excuse...

........Drinking is a goood excuse.

:drunk :drunk :drunk

alamo50
06-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Watched the game live starting at 3AM and ending at 6AM.
Went straight to work after that wearing a Spurs polo and carrying my stuff in a bag picturing the old school logo.
Took the afternoon off and dressed into my Duncan jersey and hit the city of Eindhoven (birthplace of Rik Smits) and got congratulated by some peeps!

I am so proud to be bleeding silver and black.

TIMMY THE LEGEND!

IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING!!!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Thank you David for making this all possible.

team-work
06-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Congratulations to Spurs!!! To all players, front office members, fans, and all citizens of San Antonio. Hope you enjoy all yourselves in the upcoming Parade.

From a Spurs fan in Hong Kong

WayDowntownBang
06-24-2005, 11:51 AM
WayDowntown, thank you so much, and no hard feelings about all the smack talk around here. Its all in good fun. The Pistons are a great team and I hope its Pistons-Spurs again next year. I just hope yall don't have home court ad! ;)

None at all, it's all part of the game.

Even Whott and I traded props after a great series. Sure, I'd love to be going to a parade here in Detroit, but what can you do.

Great games, great people, great times.

mattyc
06-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Us Aussies are mega-die-hard Spurs Fans. (Myself because of a certain guy called David Robinson). We may live in a completely different hempisphere and have no Aussies on the roster, but we love the Spurs and nothing will ever change that.

Slo spurs fan
06-24-2005, 12:24 PM
I saw all 7 games live (from 3am to 6am) and then gone to work. Now it is time to celebrate. :elephant

Slo spurs fan
06-24-2005, 12:28 PM
None at all, it's all part of the game.

Even Whott and I traded props after a great series. Sure, I'd love to be going to a parade here in Detroit, but what can you do.

Great games, great people, great times.

I hope you and other classy fans of other teams will be here next season to represent their point of view and share their feelings with us. See ya!

timvp
06-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Major props to all the international fans. Fans here complain that 8PM is too late for a game to start ... so it's amazing that you guys stayed up until the middle of the night to watch the game.

There are a lot of countries represented on the forum, but I want to give a special congrats to the posters from Slovenia. We were talking about you guys and how awesome that even though Rasho got injured and Pop shortened the rotation to exclude Beno, you guys still stayed hardcore Spurs fans. I don't know many other countries that would still follow the Spurs under those circumstances.

So huge props to Slomo, Slo spurs fan, Slovenian8 and all the other Slovenian fans who stuck with the Spurs. Here's to continued Spurs success and perhaps another Slovenian player drafted by the Spurs in a couple days :drunk

spurschick
06-24-2005, 04:07 PM
For those of you overseas fans that think you weren't at the SBC Center, you were. You may not have physically been there, but there is no way that we were able to keep that noise going all night without the positive vibes you were sending our way.

T Park
06-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Who knows, maybe the Spurs draft a player from ANOTHER country, that guy becomes a stud, and we attract even MORE following.

"Good Times"

nkdlunch
06-24-2005, 04:09 PM
the Good Guys Won

cmc$purs
06-24-2005, 04:16 PM
MUCH LOVE FROM SA TO SPURS FANS AROUND THE WORLD :tu

WE ARE PROUD TO HAVE YOUR SUPPORT :elephant :elephant

Duncanoypi
06-26-2005, 11:43 PM
From the PHILIPPINES!

Mabuhay SPURS!....

NZHayden
06-27-2005, 06:10 AM
Hey hey hey! Sorry i didnt get round to reading this thread earlier. but dont forget New Zealand is with the spurs aswell! i got to watch 5 of the 7 games live

Maribor Slovenia
06-27-2005, 06:14 AM
Thank you, GrandeDavid. I am Spurs fan from Slovenia.